It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:32 am

Riverfeild 
Stablehand

Post Riverfeild
The mornings sun began to break through the canopy high above, shafts of golden light lit the once gloomy jungle flooring illuminating the decretive insects as they fluttered about their business, a small rat like creature with a long weary tail and big green eyes sat up on it's hind legs as if on sentry duty alerted by crackling of twigs under foot, it's nose twitched two or three times then scampered off into the undergrowth.
The sound of Droben voices joined the chorus of the jungle as they chopped their way though the thicket and bush the clank of their armour and the creak of their caravans heavily laden with the spoils of war sent some of the younger animals scattering into the tree tops.
"Hallen ... Hallen .... Make a clearing and have the Green guard prepare for encampment".
The voice was that of Shae the captain of the guard, second in command only to King Darius IV, his voice was as coarse as the deserts sands, his humour as dry as it's winds and his soul as barren as it's surface.
"Hallen .... Where the god are you man?".
"Here sire, I was with Dunas, one of the carriages has a problem with it's axel, this rest will allow us to carry out much needed repairs sire".
Shae nodded in agreement. "Would you fetch my scribe Hallen, I must message the king in Noir, tell the men to rest for now".
"Yes sire, at once".
Shae turned and hurried towards one of the caravans.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:07 am
Stablehand

Manx looked across the clearing into the tent of Shae he looked deep in thought, a troubled mind, Manx took another draw from his clay pipe and shook his head, was all the world upon Shae’s broad shoulders?
“Ragnah….. Any news of where we’re heading in the morn’?”.
Manx lent back and rested his head upon his leather back pack. “Hey Ragnah! That sword will wear away if you polish it any more!”.
Ragnah had been polishing his broad sword at every port of call, not that it had seen much of the heathens flesh nor much of anything apart from Ragnah’s oil stone.
“you know Shae looks his age, I can remember him looking old when I was no more a sprinkling upon the grasslands of home”.
Manx took another draw from the pipe. “Then again, if I had his concerns I’d Look old”.
Ragnah stopped polishing his sword and looked at Manx. “Your no spring chicken Manx”. Ragnah laughed and turned his attention back to his trusty sword.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:20 am
Stablehand

Ragnah turned to Manx “So we’re bound for the lands beyond the tree’s then! “.
“We are?”.
Ragnah shrugged his broad shoulders.
“So when did you find this out, more to the point at what time was you going to reveal this little morsel of information?”.
“I’ve just heard Shae dictating to his scribe, something about some the ancients and some river of gold”.
“River of Gold …… Ha Ha Ha”. Manx mocked Ragnah. “River of Gold! Really you listen to too many idle tales my friend”.
“Oh! I see you think Shae fools with Darius then?”. Ragnah seemed a little uptight, to be honest he had for the last Three days, Manx had noticed!
“He probably said deliver the Gold, what do you really think is in those caravans?”.
Ragnah turned his stare to the edge of the clearing, there stood Four burley guards in full battle armour. “Not too sure my friend but what ever it is needs the attention of the Army”.
The two old friends sat there pondering the precious cargo and deliberating the presents of the guards, as the daylight faded the crackle of camp fires and pungent smell of oil lamps filled the jungle air.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:10 am
Stablehand

Only the slightest of breezes made the lamps flicker, dance and play in the cool knights air. Muffled voices could only just be heard over the crackle of the last remaining camp fire on the edge of the encampment some fifty yards to the eastern side of the clearing.
The stars had come out to play flickering in the dark nights sky, the full moon broke the covering of a solitary cloud and lit the jungle carpet glistening with dew, the out line of three carriages could clearly be seen slowly moving across the jungle floor towards the narrow track that lead down out of the clearing and North to the land beyond the tree’s.

Something had startled him he woke with and lurched from his slumber, sat up, turned and examined the clearing, all was silent all but embers smouldered in the dim light of the moon.
“What are you doing?”. grumbled Manx.
Ragnah had woken Manx too he looked down at his old friend and shook his head in a manner that meant, I’m not too sure myself.
“I thought I’d heard something!”.
“Your dreaming go back to sleep”. Manx gowned as he turned over. “let the guards deal with it”.
Ragnah sat down on his bedding, sheathed his sword and returned to his restless sleep.

By the time he woke from his dreams Ragnah was not to be seen, the early morning sun had dried all but the most hidden of the grass, Manx sat up on his bedding and wiped the sleep for his as his eyes focused Ragnah could be seen scurrying about kicking and turning over boxes.
“What the hell are you doing man!”.
Ragnah stopped, and turned to Manx.
“What am I doing? Where the hell is everyone? They’ve left us here along with all their … their stuff what ever this is?”.
Ragnah bent down and picked up a binder of maps and scrolls. “I’ve found Maps!”.
Manx raised himself from the bedding, stretched and growled. ”Where the hell is everyone”.
The camp was deserted as if the rest of the party had left in a hurry leaving all their provisions behind, pots still boiled on stoves and food lay half eaten upon it’s plate.
“Some thing stinks here!”.
“You don’t say! Okay Mr observational“. Manx didn’t like surprises.

Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:06 am