It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Elen sila lumenn omentilmo 
Stablehand

*Dark hordes, I command thou
Rise, I summon thou, do your masters bidding.
Rise ,rise,rise i command thou

[Quenya*]
morna'horma,inyë can elyë
orta, inyë tulta elyë,car lyë heru níra
orta,orta,orta inyë can elyë.
[/Quenya]

He began to chant in a tongue only few knew of truly, over and over all the while speeding up the rythme till each word seemed as one. While envoking the power matrix ritual he began tracing the matrix in silver dust and unicorns bone for the outer circle, dragons blood and powdered gems and stones for the inner matrix. Standing in the center he impailed the black staff into the ground. The dark being released itself from the staff, drifted out and stood across from him the being placed it's smokey tendrils around the staff and chanted in continuence as the other traded off to another task.

Tearing open his tunic baring his chest, he reached for his dagger and with a quick flick of the wrist, he made a slit over where his heart would be and dropped the dagger to the ground. The warm blood trickled down his chest and began to drip onto the inner matrix lines,as if drawn and hastend the blood gathered speed and began to spread filling the inner matrix and glow in the same rythme as the chant.

orta, inyë tulta elyë,car lyë heru níra
orta,orta,orta inyë can elyë.

His hands began to glow intensley from the magik being wrought, cupping them together he placed both over the open wound and continued the chant more fervishly, each finished incantation verse his hands grew brighter and brighter. Slowly he began to move his hands away, looking down he could see the tiny black shard break the surface as it slipped thru the opening in him. Glowing an eerie incandesant green, until it sat floating in his cupped hands. Closing his eyes and speaking in Isle spell tongue, he enhanced the ritual again

Summon thy brethren of both gem and of stone
Rise to equal, mountains of old
Mold thyself with gleam and dark luster
Form thyself from thought and will
Draw thy power, from dark magiks heart

Light thy way, with Azraels star
Shape thy self in mallible sheen
Let no spell of the isle break thru your wall
Yána thy children,Tengwargul and all
Fill thy halls as once before.

The tiny shard began to rise into the air, the pulsating magik all but a steady glow as it travelled a short distance to where Yána had chosen .Silence had taken over the sounds of night, hovering momentarily over the spot it then drove itself into the ground. The impact caused the surrounding ground to ripple like a stone tossed into a lake. Both he and the darkone held their ground by clasping the staff, as waves of earth heaved and rippled outwards from the shards impact.

The ground trembled as a beam of light shot up from the center as if to reach to the stars, the earth began to fold back on itself as if frightened by the light and power. Soon the top of the structure began to push it's way upward, it's glowing edges only defined it's dark luster as more of the structure began to manifest itself. Higher and higher it grew till it matched the height of the surrounding hills. The Yána spell had worked perfectly, the obsidian structure and taken the shape from his mind, he turned to his friend and spoke.

I am pleased this night, i have done what i wanted to do the day she had been shattered so long ago, only now she is stronger and is a living entity. An obsidian pyramid of power and thought, the Isle will fear her wrath if harm comes to those she protects.She will make a good Yána for the house's of Arkanis and their kindred Sidhe.
What of the prophet... will he allow such a place to be...for surely she will challenge.... even him or his minions ...in defense of her being.

The prophet!...will do what he wishes, but even she can drain him of his power if needs be and give as good as she gets in return. But i did not create her to be a killer of prophets or kings, she is Yána and a magik node even he can draw upon her if needed. So come my friend let us be the first to enter her and set welcome to the bloodlines of Arkanis and Sidhe it's kindred kind. Much is still needed to be done inside to make her befitting of her exterior beauty.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:31 am
Stablehand

Her joke helped ease his tension, and let go of his anger altogether. There was no need for it. Then she spoke of how he knew the Tengwargul tower, he still liked to think of it the Shadowbain tower, but he wouldn't get into that, and he knew Oriana still loved Guidion.

Then she hinted to a story he learned long ago when she went exploring to find her brother in the barn with Raynalia, the elfess who recently passed on. She was only 12 or so when it happened and she had swore she'd never grow up and have to "do that." He smirked at the memory obviously referring to their time spent together in Rowan's Inn.

He only laughed and shook his head. Then he stood to his feet, and offered his arm to Oriana.

Very well my love, maybe we could take a trip to the barn. Now it was Kain's turn to grin.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:38 am
Peasant

Slipping her arm through his they walked from the room ready to begin the showing of the keep, his comment about the barn had escaped her for a few seconds, after all when she was referred to exploring she had only meant that her curiosity had often landed her in trouble more times then not.

Actually I was thinking we could start with....

It dawned on her what he had said and her eyes went wide, her cheeks turned pink and she stared at her warrior shocked.

... the barn Kain?! Did you just say the barn!? By the gods I thought everyone would have forgotten about that by now!

She slapped his arm and pulled the hood of her black robes over her head to hide the burning of her cheeks. From beneath the hood she all but growled her words.

I guess it's lucky for you I went back on my word isn't it? I swear sometimes I wonder just who has the ...

Her words were cut short by the strange feeling pulling at the heart beating in her chest, someone, somewhere was pooling a great deal of energy, conducting an intricate incantation that required great power, but who? For a moment she thought it could have been her father, that Tierney had been right, but she knew better, the voice of the Art telling her not to tread on waters in which she knew she would sink. No it wasnt the Archmage. As quickly as the feeling had taken hold of her, it was gone, not faded, simply gone as if she had never felt it to begin with. Shaking her head she chose to think about it at another time, a time when she could return to her own towerto locate the source, she might even make the journey to the Isle of Winds, to Ilimurand 'Ul, her father sanctuary. For now she was going to enjoy her time with her warrior. Taking the hood from her head, the blush gone, Oriana she shook her head again.

I was thinking to meet your son Kain. The last I saw of him he was just a babe...

Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:57 am
Stablehand

She didn't catch on at first, but then she recalled what Kain was referring to. She tossed her hood up over her head, hiding her reddenned cheeks, and slapped his arm. It was such a childish reaction he remembered other times she had got into trouble as a kid, while nosing about.

Her hood was up and he barely noticed her pause, as they were standing still at the moment. Then she asked him about his son. Kain's eyes brightened up.

Noah! Yes, hmm... where did his bodyguard go? Kain was referring to Ash, who was Kain's own bodyguard as a child, and was now his son's. It had slipped his mind that he sent him away. After a short pause he spoke up. Right love, let's go to his room, we'll start looking for him there. Kain led her down the hall and to the left, then up a spiral staircase. The keep was rather bare, there were few novelies around. The floor was a stone floor on the bottom, no Red carpets, and only one Tapestry, Kain's family symbol which hovered in the main hall. The wooden floor on the second floor was also bare, along with the walls, Kain wasn't a man who was fond of art. What he had was efficient, he surely didn't flaunt his wealth.

Soon they came upon a plain wooden door, like so many in the keep, but there was an elf standing guard outside of it. That elf was Ash. Sorry about earlier my friend, I wasn't myself back there. Ash only laughed, Whether you'll admit it or not Kain, back there was part of yourself. It's no matter I know you harbour no ill towards me. Shall I inform Jast and Shadow of your return? Kain nodded and Ash opened the door for them, and left to inform Kain's childhood friend, and a man who was sort of a grandfather to Kain.

Inside the room was a young boy, about the age of ten. His dirty blonde hair was styled after his fathers, but his eyes were a mix of emerald and blue, and his features resembled his mother moreso than Kain himself. His ears were pointed as most elves, and his body was slender, and tall. The boy's eyes brightened at the sight of his father.

Father, you're home!!! The child lept into his father's arms and hugged him. Then as Kain set the boy back down he looked over to Oriana. Is this mother father? Kain winced visiably, suddenly realizing that Noah had only seen his mother as a babe and a much younger boy.

No, this is not your mother Noah, this is a very good friend of mine. Her name is Oriana, Ori, this is Noah. He hid his sorrow from his son when he spoke. He had thought to tell Noah that she was, but he couldn't lie to his only boy, and it wouldn't be right, he had a right to know his mother, and his mother had a right to know him.

Noah Dragonhand, pleased to meet you m'lady. The boy offered his hand to the mage, smiling.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 am
Peasant

The boy was beautiful, a term she knew would not sit well with the males of the world but it was the best she could think of to describe the child beaming up at her hand outstretched. There was no mistaking who his mother or his father was, so much like Anarane in his overall appearence but when he smiled , when he smiled all Oriana could see was Kain. She felt a small pang when the boy asked if she were his mother, she knew the question caused Kain pain and she wished she could have taken it from him, but it was his and his alone to carry, as much as she loved him there were some things in life she just could not do, no matter how powerful she was. in heart she whispered how she wished she could say she was his mother, but instead she took the boys hand and went on bended knee before him like a lady kneeling before royalty.

It's nice to meet you Noah Dragonhand, I'm sorry if you are disappointed that I am not your mother, but I am sure you will be reunited with her soon. Tell me Noah, if I might ask what business does a little warrior have being up at such a late hour?

Her own motherly instincts had taken hold, whats more she posed the very same question she had asked Kain of his son those years before when he had come to her keep for food and shelter during one of his adventures with his son when the boy had been little more than a babe. Rising the mage looked to the father then back at the son.

My apologies Noah, I may not be your mother but I do have a daughter who is maybe just a little older than you and I know she would be fast asleep at such an hour.

She smiled at the boy then looked at Kain whose eyes shone with pride for his son.

I'll leave you to have some privacy with your son lo...

She caught herself before the word came out entirely, horrifed at what she had almost called Kain in front of his son who was oblivious to who she really was.

I'll be downstairs Kain...

Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:50 am
Stablehand

Noah was too young to catch on to what the mage was about to say and so he carried on as normal. To answer your question Miss Oriana, I was worried about my dad, he left so fast and the older fellow would only tell me that you needed help and that's where my dad was. It was nice to finally meet you. He smiled brightly and then Kain nodded to Oriana. That's quite enough Noah, I'll be right down Ori. He smiled to her and his son then led him back into the room asking questions any boy at that age would ask.

Did you have to rescue the lady from some beast? Did you use your magic? Kain shut the door, and began to tell his son what had happened.

About ten minutes later Kain told Noah to get to bed, he had a lot of packing to do, they were going to see his mother. The boy listened to his father without complaint, and soon Kain came downstairs, and went looking for Oriana. He found her in his library, which was a simple and plain as the rest of his keep, but the stories, and information contained in the books was far from ordinary, or simple.

He's sleeping, and excited to see his mother tommorrow. Kain sighed, Noah would soon know what it is to truly cry, tears of complete sadness as his father would be bringing his mother a great deal of pain in the next day.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:18 am
Peasant

Of course he is excited, it's a good thing...

Looking up from the tome she had been pouring over, one that was very familiar to her though she had never seen it before until she found Kains library and began inspecting the contents of the shelves the mage gave a half smile to the warrior. An eyebrow quirked as she closed the tome, and replaced it on the shelf.

I'm sure he misses his mother even though he barely knows her... Do you know what I was reading Kain? The story of the lives of the heroes that saved a little town from orcs, battled vampires, fought against a mad man, and I skimmed over the story of a young girl caught between two worlds, two families, if you can call a mean spirited arrogant Archmage family, it seems your son knows more of my life, knows more of me than he does his own mother.

Sighing she walked around a table and found a simple but comfortable chair to sit in. The chair might have been comfortable but seeing Noah had made her uneasy, not because she had an issue with the boy, far from it, she adored Noah. It was Anarane and the lack of a bond she had with her son that ate at her. How could she bring more chaos into the life of a mother and child who barely knew one another?

I feel so rotten Kain. Please do not misunderstand what I am about to say, these past days with you have been amazing, wonderful all those words that describe the good in life, but I cannot help feeling guilty. If I would have stayed away, if I wouldnt have called on you, if I could have just kept lying to myself that Guidion and I would be reunited and live as we once did, you wouldnt have to break your sons heart tomorrow when you take him to his mother. What I am saying is, I cannot let you leave your son, for me. He should be the most important person in your world Kain, not me, and he should not be made to chose between his mother or his father over the likes of me. Maybe I am unclear on what your plans are for the boy, but I know one thing, you cannot give him up and you cannot take him from his mother, how then when you could be worlds apart is he supposed to know both his parents?

Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:48 am
Stablehand

Kain glanced at the tome lying on the table, that particular one was a favorite of his. It was titled, Against the Darkness, and it almost seemed as if it described people he knew, even himself at times. It was one the greatest stories in any of the books he ever knew.

What she said next is a bridge he knew he'd have to cross at sometime.

Without you, Noah would not have the choice between a mother or a father, as his father would still be seeking death. He would go to his mother anyhow. So I decided that Noah is to stay with Anarane until he gets to know her, then leave the choice up to him. You aren't taking me from my son, because I wouldn't be their either way, I cannot face Ana everyday with an image of only you in my head Oriana. Ash is going to stay with Noah as his bodyguard and teacher in the art of swordplay, we will visit occasionally to see him. When he comes of age, and knows his mother, he can choose where he wishes to go. I took ten years of the boys life from his mother, and 5 years of his mother's life from him, it's the least I owe her.

It was true, Kain was seeking his own end until Oriana had called for him, he would not have been around much longer anyhow.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:05 am
Peasant

He wasnt lying, she knew that, could feel it, he had been searching for a way to end his life without doing so by his own hand, whether it was on the battlefield, or whether he was attacked in his sleep and murdered in his bed, anyway it was looked at Kain had wanted to die. The very thought made her blood run cold knowing she was the reason.

Dont say such things Kain. Please do not stand there and tell me that I am the only reason you wake each morning. I can make myself understand many things but do not make me out to be more than I am. Believe me I am not going to sit here and try and force you to go back to your wife, not this time. I have grown selfish and greedy, and quite frankly I do not give a damn what anyone else thinks of me so long as when I look at you I always see that love you have for me in your eyes. I fought against you and all that you are for too long and now that I am done fighting no one is going to tell me I have to walk away, but that does not mean I am not concerned for Noah, or for Anarane. She does not seem to be the most emotionally stable of women..

She smirked then because there had been a point in her life when she was no better than Anarane, not that Ana was a complete mad woman, she was just the kind of woman that Oriana swore she would never be again, needy and clingy.

Not that I have any room to talk but that is beside the point. All I am saying is that you should be ready for her reaction. I know you are not looking forward to tomorrow or what is to come, and you will not have to face her alone, I will be at your side through it all.

Yawning, sleep numbed her mind, causing her to ramble.

If that made any sense to you your better off than I am. We should retire for the night Kain, tomorrow is going to be a long bittersweet day... now about sleeping arrangements, should I toss a blanket on the floor or start for the barn?

Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:28 am
Stablehand

He wasn't making her out to be more than she was, it was true that he had seen her face night after night. It haunted him, plagued him for so long he thought himself actually going insane. Now however he was free to wake and see her everynight and the dreams that had plagued him for so long ceased to exist.

She was right to be concerned about Noah, and about Anarane, Kain knew that upon disovering this that she might go into one of her uncontrollable states of shock and her magic might start tearing the walls around him down. He had to be strong though, she needed to learn the truth of things, and Kain is not the type of man to lie to his own son either. Noah will learn the truth of things once everybody was gathered.

He laughed when she made mention about the barn however.[color=#blue] Well the barn is in use right now, though it might be more comfortable than even my own room.[/color] Kain shook his head, and led Oriana to his bedroom. In the bedroom one could see a bare stone floor except for a small carpet near the one window, and one on either side of the plain simple bed. The matress looked hard, the blanket was thin. Kain never had women to entertain so he never did pay much attention to his room. There wasn't even a mirror in the bathroom adjacent to the bedroom.

You'll get a chance to look around some other time my love. For now you can see my bedroom, like the rest of my keep, not much to it. I'm sure some of my men have more elaborate dwellings than myself. There was nothing here to instill any emotions, except maybe loneliness.

That's when Jast came scurrying along the corrididor with Ash in tow. Hello youngin', the old man said to Kain, then he turned and bowed to Oriana, losing his balance, Ash helped to straighten him. Greetings little lady, I'd say it's about time you graced these halls madam. Maybe you could liven the place up a bit. He grinned an almost toothless grin. The old man was ancient by human standards.

Oriana, I'm sure you remember Jast, when you were a young girl he used to visit with me occasionally. How are things around here? Where is Shadow? The old sage waved Kain off, you don't worry about that young Dragonhand, things around here are taken care of, Shadow is currently on a mission for me Kain, a reconnosaince mission, you understand. Kain nodded, Shadow was probably the best scout in the land, true to his name, you wouldn't see him unless he wanted you to see him.

You two get some rest, you have a very long day ahead of you, I'll make sure Noah is prepared for your trip to his mother's tommorrow, it surely will turn out to be an eventful day, wouldn't you say Ash? The big elf nodded, speaking of which, Ash, would you mind staying with Anarane, and guarding her and Noah, I'm going to let him stay with her for awhile. Ash nodded, accepting the task. I'm not going to leave Jast alone however Kain, when Shadow returns I'll make my way to Anarane's.

Now go get some sleep, the both of you, don't want to catch you both up too late, you hear? He pointed his walking stick in Kain's direction, with a mischevious grin on his wrinkled, white-bearded face. Then he turned and left with Ash, back to another part of the castle to keep the place running as well as the surrounding realm.

Jast seemed to know a lot Kain thought to himself, for he never told the old man of what his intentions were, but it was as if he already knew. Kain shook his head.

They are right my love, let us retire for the night. Kain picked her up then, even though it strained his own shoulder, and he was careful not to mess with the stitches on Oriana's own right shoulder. He brought her over to the bed and set her down gently, giving her a tender kiss.

Then Kain took his sword and cape off, tossing them in the chair near the window. Then he slipped out of his shirt and crawled into the bed on the other side.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:44 am
Peasant

She was going to die of embarrassement, Jast, whom she had remembered fondly from her childhood had the look in his eye of one who knows more than he should and that was enough for Oriana to want to crawl into a hole and not come out until everyone was gone. She was by no means ashamed of loving Kain in all ways, but she was also not one to tromp about screaming about it from the rooftops either. The most intimate moments they shared would always be kept private, those moments were sacred to her and no one elses business. Still the charming old man grinning his toothless grin knowingly.

Really now, even when I was young you always managed to say things to turn me red, behave yourself if only for just a little while.

She greeted him with a kiss to his weathered cheek.

It does me good to see you still wreaking havoc Jast.

She kept her silence during rest of the conversations taking place, but she stood at Kains side unknowingly confirming her place in the keep, it had taken her off guard when he spoke of how it was time she had come to the keep, oh he knew more than even she or Kain had known. Those thoughts had kept her occupied until Kain carefully lifted her in his arms to carry her to the room he slept in and called his own. What she saw in that room, or rather what she didn't see made her frown. She was not one who needed frills, nor to be surrounded by luxury in order to live, but she was one who did appreciate color and the many many different ways one could bring warmth to a home without being extravagant. She noticed the keep over all was cold and gray, how could he live that way? She answered her own question, she had lived that way for over year at one point and time. Wincing she moved to try and get comfortable, laying on that bed was like laying on a slab of stone, how the hell did he manage to get any sleep at all? When she finally gave up trying to find a suitable postion to sleep in she sighed heavily and climbed right on top of the warrior, she almost laughed at how she startled him, but instead stretched herself out resting her head just beneath his chin, the warmth of his bare skin felt good beneath her.

Thank the gods your not made of stone eh, I dont think I'd have ever fallen asleep...

Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:42 pm
Stablehand

She crawled on top of him, surprising the warrior, then he laughed at her joke. I was made of stone once, it is good to feel alive once again my love. He ran his hand through her hair as she rested her head on his chest. Kain was thinking about what the next day would bring, a lot of pain, and a lot of suffering. The sky outside was no longer clear, onimous clouds rolled in during the night as if foreshadowing what was going to happen on the morrow.

He wrapped his arms around the mage then, pushing those thoughts from his mind, and he sighed a sigh of content and relief that she was able to sleep here in his arms. He knew she had been punctured by an arrow in the shoulder, and so he was careful not to mess with the wound, feeling the pain of it in his shoulder.

He looked out the window and saw a break in the clouds then, with a single star shining in through the window, and he smiled. Elen sila lumenn omentilmo Oriana. A common elven phrase used in poetry.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:15 pm
Peasant

I like feeling you too... alive that is.... Amin mela lle Aratoamin

Her words drifted off , the last thing she had been aware of before sleep took hold of her was the soft whisper of elven, she fell asleep without any nagging from the wound inflicted during the battle with the vampires, even thoughts of Anarane and her reaction to learning that the mage and the warrior would be together did not haunt her. Safe in the arms of her champion Oriana slept without fear, guilt or anguish. Her dreams that night were of a life not too far into the future. She saw herself in a dress of white,tiny gems. of ruby emerald diamond and sapphire embroidered along the neckline, waist, ends of the sleeves and along the hem. Her hair was piled into a mound of curls atop her head held in place by simple hairpins molded with the same tiny gems that adorned her gown into the shape of stars , loose strands of hair framed her face and while she watched herself as if she were gazing upon someone else she had to wonder why she was dressed so elegantly. As she watched the answer came to her. She saw herself walking down a garden path linned with lavender, she saw herself walking towards Kain who was waiting for her... she had been dreaming of her wedding night.

Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:03 pm
Stablehand

Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:31 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6