It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:39 am

Eye of the storm (semi-closed) 
Peasant

Farene was no more, which made it possible to breathe a little easier but the uneasiness was not completely gone from the mage. If Pyren was there surely something more than just the titan wishing to see laws carried out was amiss, she wanted to sit with him to question him but the time had come for other things, her conversation with the titan would have to be put on hold. There was something different that she could not quite put her finger on, but she would learn in time what it was, just not yet.

I understand your wanting to preserve the Sidhe way of life Pyren, after all you have stood at my fathers side ever loyal, even in his death. Thank you faithful one. Please do not disappear in clouds of smoke or melt into the shadows, I would like to see you, to sit and talk with you if you are able and willing to do so. Kain and I have another matter we have to see to, it is the reason we are here at all.

Bending to one knee gracefully the mage paid her homage to the titan then rose from the ground taking her place at Kains side.

It is time isnt it? I want to shout for joy and burst into tears all at once, I know it will not be easy for you but we are strong beloved and Ana whether she realizes it or not is strong. We will all get through what is to come. Lead on my champion and when the day is done when night falls we can sleep in our bed, in each others arms without dread or guilt to pave the road to our dreams.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:00 pm
Stablehand

Kain then led Oriana from the room, back up the stairs to Anarane's room. He held his beloved close, he was strong but his strength increased in closer proximity to her. It gave him an aura of confidence just having his true love by his side. Kain's face was devoid of guilt, or pain, it was resolute.

He led the way into the room, and then letting go of Oriana he drew his sword. His son upon seeing his father shielded his dagger and ran over to his mother's side. He had a feeling he knew what his father was going to do, he had done it once with Noah already. His father was going to heal his mother.

With the sword he entered into a bladesong, shooting Oriana a glance that told her not to intervene. He knew what he was doing, and that it had to be done, there was no use in emotions that could deteriorate his strength. He knew it would take a piece of himself to heal her, and he knew Oriana knew this, it was however Kain's last gift to Anarane, she would not suffer those scars because he wasn't by her side like he had committed to be. This was his way to atone for that sin, to let out all the grief and channel it into a purer energy, that filtered away the bad emotion. With the bladesong's tempo, the light it shed increased as well. Until finally the song came to an abrupt end and Kain placed the sword on Anarane, pure white light cascaded into Anarane's body, a sypmhony ran across her body, filling in the holes caused by claw and tooth.

Then Kain sheathed the weapon. He was weak from casting the spell and it was all he could to stay standing. Noah confidently removed the bandages, and the wounds had completely disappeared.

Amin hiraetha arwenamin Anarane,* he spoke to her sincerely in elven. Then he placed his hand on her forehead and a sort of glow eminated from Kain's right armlet. Long ago Kain had given a part of himself, not to heal her, but to connect him to her. The connection had been lost, but was still present, Kain terminated it then, completely. His last gift to her, a portion of his being to heal her with his art.

Hello Ana. He said plainly as her eyes popped open.

Amin hiraetha arwenamin Anarane- I'm sorry my lady Anarane.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:54 pm
Stablehand

Anarane nearly sat straight up in the bed as she heard Kain call her name. The last thing she remembered was being tortured by Farene, now she lay in her own bed. She didn't have to look to know that the wounds that had been inflicted by Farene had been healed. Ana could the feel the warmth that ran through her body. It was not the first time she had felt it. Kain had used his sword before to heal her.

Ana slowly looked around the room. Her eyes falling first on Kain as he was standing in front of her. Without looking she knew that Oriana and Tierney were there as well. Tierney had told her a few days ago that they were traveling together. Her eyes had lite up as they had not in a very long time. The emerald green shone brighter then they had in years.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw small hand removing the final wrappings from her right arm. Ana slowly turned her head to see the young man standing at the side of her bed. There was no mistaking who it was. As a rush of joy filled her heart, the tears started running down her cheeks. Her voice barely above a whisper. "Noah." She wanted to reach out and that her son in her arms, but she didn't know how he would react. He, after all, didn't even know her. As that thought crossed her mind, she took a sharp intake of breath. The last she had seen him, he was just a child. Now looking at him, he was a half grown man.

Ana had no sooner spoke his name when Ivy stepped out of the shadows with Anara in tow. Ivy said not a word, but smiled stepping back into the shadows and was gone. Anara moved over beside Noah to Ana's bedside. There was no mistaking that they were brother and sister. They both had Ana's hair color and features. Thought Anara was full elven like Ana, Noah was three quarter elven.

Turning back to Kain, Ana spoke softly, her voice trembling. "Kain, I want you to met my daughter Anara. The story of her existence is long and not quite complete. I have not found all the answers yet. It seems she was conceived and born during a time when Farene was in total control of my body. I was going to talk to Farene and see what I could learn about her father." Ana sighed deeply and looked toward Anara. "But with the way she attacked me today, I don't suppose she will give me any information."

Anarane turned her attention then to Oriana. She smiled to her as she began to speak.Oriana, my beloved sister in law, I know that Guidion has once again chosen to move beyond this world. I have not felt him in awhile and Tierney confirmed that he had moved on. I am sorry that it has come to that once again." She sighed deeply knowing that she would not have her brother to speak to any longer. "Please know that you are always welcome in our home. It has been a pleasure having Tierney here these last couple years. She is growing into fine young woman. You should be very proud of her."

Though Kain had healed her once again, Ana felt tired. The excitement of seeing him and their son was almost overwhelming. Even though she knew Kain was coming home, she didn't know that Noah would be with him. Leaning back on the pillows she looked over at her baby. The look of pride and joy in her eyes could not be mistaken. She reached out a hand to Noah, not knowing if he would take it or not.

Death in Effect

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:56 pm
Stablehand

She was oblivious to the fact that Kain had severed his connection to her, maybe she hadn't noticed because part of him still lingered from the healing spell. Then Kain could detect the stink of a vampire and went to his blade, but then it was gone, and there stood a young elven girl. Ana explained who she was, and Kain clenched his teeth.

When farene had taken posession of Anarane she had a child, Kain was definitely not her father, there was nothing human about her. He wouldn't let his rage towards the demoness show however, it happened before he had come along. The girl was at least half a century in age yet still so young in appearance, the equivolent of a teenager.

None of that mattered now though, he simply had to inform Anarane of the truth of his trip to her place right away.

Noah, take your sis... take Anara and Tierney out of the room, I need to speak with your mother. He didn't order Oriana out because he needed her here.

The young boy gave his mother a tight hug and kissed her on the cheek, then he did as he asked, and walked up to Anara. Hello, I'm Noah, I didn't know I had a sister, pleased to meet you Anara. Follow me please, my father has something to discuss with our mother. Then Noah looked to Tierney, and waved her on. Tierney looked to her mother before she left the room with the other children.

Noah shut the door behind them. Kain was proud of his son, he was a strong young boy, and was able to contain his emotion on seeing his mother, for the most part. He went about what he was asked as an adult would.

When the door was closed and Kain was sure that Noah led the other two from it, Kain turned back to Anarane. I'm sorry Ana, during our trip I discovered an ability of Megiltura's, the side effect of that was while we aged on, the world aged half as fast. He is in his tenth year now. You'll have plenty of time to spend with him however... He broke off, summoning up the courage, the stones he had built his foundation on were weathering the storm. Kain could feel himself as if he were leaving the eye of the storm, the range of emotions that would soon flood the room would be hard to hold against, but it had to be done. Kain produced a parchment from the scroll case at his side, then he handed it to Anarane.

Noah will be living with you for the next few years, but I will not. Oriana and I are going to live together someplace quiet. I'm sorry Anarane, but I cannot be the husband that you need. I realize now that I have accomplished the purpose of our lives coming together. You are finally free of Risetti's bonds, now I must carry out what was desined for me. His voice had sympathy, but little else, he needed to be as straightforward as possible. Kain then went over to Oriana, holding onto her to steady himself, as standing took a great deal of effort after the drain that his healing magic put on him. He knew that it wasn't necessary for him to go to that extreme, but he felt he owed it to the woman, and in his own way atoned for what he had done, and that atonement was now complete with the truth being shed on the subject.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:24 pm
Stablehand

I'm sorry old friend, I did not wish to insult you or the Sidhe, but I had far more say in the matter than you or their laws.

I understand your wanting to preserve the Sidhe way of life Pyren, after all you have stood at my fathers side ever loyal, even in his death. Thank you faithful one. Please do not disappear in clouds of smoke or melt into the shadows.

He listened to both as they spoke their minds plainly but honestly and from the heart. His eye's betrayed nothing of his demeanor or mood but he knew that a scowl to some degree welled up and had made his brow furrow up somewhat.
My insistence at you Queen of Sidhe to take the life is and was derived with a plan in mind and to some degree events already in motion.
Your's and Kain's vow to one another is commendable and pure, but more important then your feelings is the responsiblity to the next lineage. Shall you both cast aside the old ways in front of them yet at the same time expect them to hold themselves to to those same high standards.

Oriana, like it or not you are
Tári to deny it, is delusional for that is what your are. Tári ar Aráto, Queen and Champion is who you both are and you will be held to a higher standard if by nothing else then royal protocol until the gods allow his return to say otherwise.
Had you opted to continue with your plans, Kain could of then struck her down without interference from me, but without that sanctity of a vow, he cannot kill her in your name or place.

But i am glad that the many years i spent away in search of Mae....knowledge you could say, i am pleased my words still carry weight with you both. You did right
Othar Aráto as such he is also correct in that Farene attacked his wife in her home, while still under the vow of marriage to her. He was in his right, but his wisdom proved greater then his hatred in giving you your task Tári. A better gift to her fathers name then any trinket of gold or jewel could muster.
I am simply the daughter of a great man Pyren, a man who were he here today would tell you in a less than tactful way that I am no Queen heiress to nothing other than the delusions of my mind, but that is my father for you.

Correction...... Your father has and always will be here and you should not speak of him in such manner.
I would like to see you, to sit and talk with you if you are able and willing to do so. Kain and I have another matter we have to see to, it is the reason we are here at all.
Smiling he bowed his head and spoke once more, Yes, Ana is in need of healing and words of comfort, this will be a heavy hearted day and i envy nethier of you in your next tasks. As the two turned to leave Pyren gently held back Kain momentarily and spoke privatley in hushed voice to him as Oriana continued on ahead a little.
You have severed that vow i must assume Othar.... i have secretly wished you both happiness and purity in your love, from the onset of your meeting, make haste and finish the days work still needed. We've a celebration to hold and you've a gathering of ...consumption of spirit to attend yet.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:52 pm
Stablehand

Ana laid there dumbstruck by his words. How... how could he tear their family apart like that. How could he go, once again, after the wife of her brother. Did they think nothing of her brother's memory or of her. Ana had known no other love then his. She had waited faithfully, all these years. for him to return.

Ana could feel the fire rising in her veins. The fire she had learned to control. The fire that so many times had nearly destroyed her and all around her. It was taking all her will, now, to keep it from breaking loose. The only thing that was keeping it under control now was the thought of her children. Her children, she thought. Children that she didn't even know. Anara had only been with her a few weeks, a child in a woman's body. Noah a child she had been robbed of knowing almost all his young life.

He had stolen those years from them. A time when a mother is suppose to nurture. True, she had sent Noah to his father. It had been a time of war and she wanted him safely out of harm's way. Then, once he did bring the boy home, whisked him away again. A decade stolen from them. A decade she worried and wondered where they were. Still she loved him the whole time. Now, this was her reward for her love and faithfulness.

The anger slowly building inside her as she looked from one to the other. The other... the woman she though of as her sister. The wife of her beloved brother. Her eyes flashed, a hint of the fire sparked in them. She, of all people knew the depth of Ana's love for Kain. Her devotion to her husband and family. Her mind screamed. This woman that called herself Anarane's sister. The words feel from her lips before she could stop them.

"Ia.. o cali pasaer sai tar ti moraes. O shai shaerae si taestysia os tia shyraes eil ti. O shai mai talia sostaer syr ti os cylys eil thastolia. Cyrn pasi o tysti ailai tia cysti shor saeri ailaeloryl. O cali sai vol sai cali aelaes tasor si basti Tengwargul!!" The words spilled out quickly. The fire that wanted to escape her body exploded into words that were filled with the hurt and anger she felt. The woman had held a spell over her husband for many years. Anarane had never felt hatred before.

She stood up from the bed and began to move toward them. It was unmistakable her intent. Ana had raised her right hand and the glow of fire began to appear in the palm. At the foot of the bed she stopped. She was about to let her emotions do something that she would regret. The only thing that stopped her was the thought of her children. Ana knew that if she did what her heart told her to do, that her son would hate her. It was bad enough that her daughter would probably never know who her father was, but to even think of destroying the father of her son brought shame to her heart. Ana looked from Kain to Oriana. The children, Noah, Anara and Tierney. They were the only thing stopping her right now. Any other time, common sense would have stopped her. Any other time these thoughts would never of entered her mind. Thoughts of taking another's life was not something Ana would ever have thought of. In times of war it had been the way, but not like this.

Ana turned away, not wanting them to see the shame that she was feeling. She walked over to the window staring out across her home. A home she had build and maintained for the day when her husband and son returned home. She stood silently at the window, the tears streaming down her face. Unable to speak for some time. Without turn back to face them she spoke. Ana did not let the anger and hurt show as she spoke.

"You have both made your choice. I will not forbid either of you from coming here. Noah is your son. Kain, and as such, I will NOT keep him away from you. He has the right to know his father and to be able to spend time with you." She knew her words would cut but she didn't care at this moment. "Because Tierney is of my blood and daughter of my brother, I won't banish you from my home either Oriana. I want her to be able to come her and visit with her cousins and know them as well. I know that my brother would want it that way."

Anarane stopped for a few minutes before she spoke again. As she spoke of her brother, the runes that had spread from her left hand up over her shoulder and stopped over her heart, began to glow. In their glow she felt, for the first time, her brother. With the warmth she felt she knew that she had done the right thing. Taking a deep breath, she turned once again to face them. Her face was tear stained, that could not go unnoticed.

"Go now and leave me. Oriana, there is a room prepared for you next to Tierney's. Use it and rest for the night before the three of you leave. If you need something, anything, there will be someone around to get you both what you need. I am sure you don't want to be separated even for one night, even in my home. Please see to the children for the night. I am in not state to face them. I don't want them to see what i am feeling. This is between the three of us and they should not be exposed to it. Now please leave my room."

Ana turned her back on them once again, looking out the window. She could no longer see, as the tears once again fell. She didn't know if either of them would reply to her. She just hoped that they would have enough honor to see to the children. Ana was sure that if they told them that she was still weak from all that had happened with Farene, the children would understand.

(Translation:
"You.. you have dared to call me sister. You who betray the memory of my brother and me. You who so many times told me of honor and family. How dare you come into my home with these intentions. You have to right to have ever carried the name Tengwargul!!")

Death in Effect

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:27 am
Peasant

Oriana stood like a piece of stone, she had steeled herself against whatever Anaranes reaction would be, and she listened to the biting words of the elfesses brutal verbal assault, on the outside the mage looked to be the perfect image of calm understanding. Understand she did, she knew how deeply she had hurt the woman, knew that Anarane had every right to speak the words that bit into the mage, but when the elfess tried to use Guidion against her, tried to make it seem that Oriana cared nothing for the man she had at one time loved with all that she was, it took every bit of self control she had not to scream what she was thinking. When she saw the woman come towards them with murder in her eyes the mage stared at her almost daring her to release the fire the mage knew was flaring within, on the inside Oriana was ready for war, only Kain knew what was raging inside the mage, her delicate fingers that had touched him so lovingly were now digging into his arm. As right as the elfess was to be hurt and angry the mage could not hold her tounge and would not be dismissed.

Be angry Anarane no one is even attempting to deny you that right but watch what falls from your tounge. You who knew nothing of being a Tengwargul until your brother found you. Your brother whom I spent nearly five years searching for rather than just sitting at home ringing my hand waiting for him to come home! You who would stand there and point fingers, placing blame for my intentions as you say when you know perhaps more than any other what it is not to be in control. You who could not control the demon inside your very self allowing that bitch to run rampant because you were too weak to contain her. Think of all the families whose lives you have utterly destroyed and yet you stand here and think to condem me because of love? Oh our situations may be different but the principle is the same....I fought for half my life to control the feelings that grew inside my heart, until I couldnt fight anymore...

Her tone was low, her words cold but truthful all the same. Her grip on the warrior relaxed, without so much as saying a word to either him or the elfess the mage left the room, if she hadn't she knew more words would be said, more damage would be inflicted that could not be undone. She wanted to scream at the woman how because she lacked control and allowed Farene to over take her and because of the twisted nature of the demoness that the man she loved was sickened by her, that she had no right to bear the noble name of Dragonhand. But what good would that do? She was not cruel by nature and Anarane had been hurt enough, but Oriana would not regret loving Kain, just as she would not regret having loved Guidion as fiercely as she had once. Nor would she regret the bad that had come with loving Guidion and no one not god nor man was going to take any of that from her and turn it into something cheap and ugly. She knew Pyren was waiting for her, waiting for Kain but she was not ready to meet with him just yet. With a heavy sigh the mage sank to the floor outside the room she had just exited, her back against the wall she waited for her champion.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:46 am
Stablehand

Ana knew her words had hurt both of them. There was nothing she could do to take them back. She was in shock, still unable to believe what was happening. If she could have she would have taken back the things she has said, especially to Oriana. No matter what was going on she did love the woman. Maybe that was why it hurt so much to know that Kain wanted Oriana more then her.

Anarane turned to speak but Oriana has already walked out the door. She been right about my lack of control where Farene was concerned, she knew that. It was no excuse, but the truth, Ana didn't have anyone to help or teach her how to deal with these things and had done the best she could. Farene had cause death and destruction while held with her own body, there was nothing Ana could do to change those things. She had to live with it everyday of her life. With the many sleepless nights for hearing the screams in her head. The nightmares that plagued her. now and those fifty years, before her brother had pulled the creature from her. The war that resulted because of what he had done. The needless death of an innocent child. All because of her.

Ana wanted to run after the mage. To tell her just how much she truly meant to her. Oriana, no matter what was happening now, was the sister that she had never had. The mage had taught Ana how to control the very fire that flowed through her. If it was not for the mage's teachings, Ana would not have been able to control that fire today. Not matter how angry and hurt she was, some of the things she has said should not have been said.

Ana looked over at Kain and could see the anger in his, now, cold blue eyes. They cut through her as if they were a sword through her own heart. Her voice low and calm she spoke. "Kain, I am sorry for my words thrown out in anger. I must find Oriana and tell her just how much she means to me. After what had happened and then you telling me you know longer wished to be married to me, I....." She looked at the man that she loved, know that she had hurt him as well. "I must find her. I am as much at fault as you. I knew how you felt about Oriana. I left the Tower once because of it. When you found out about our child, I allowed us to married, still knowing full well that you would never completely belong to me. That was selfish and I should never have allow the marriage to take place. No matter the anger and hurt that I feel right now, I still, and I suppose I shall always, love you, Kain Dragonhand. Now, I must go and find Oriana." She turned and walked toward the door leading from their, no, her room.

Death in Effect

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:05 am
Stablehand

With wave of hand and a simple incantation, the mess left by justice served, was lifted upon high and removed from floor and carpet alike. He tapped his staff and the darkone appeared a look of saddness in it's eyes, but it dutifully open a portal to the void and accepted the remains.
Turning to his companion and nodding slighty he spoke in somewhat senility whispered tone..
If you were here in flesh and not just spirit she would not of been made to, for i feel as badly now as she will later. But none the less she arose to the title and resonsibility of Queen and Archmagi old friend, she will make fine in her duty as will her Aráto Kain.
He began looking around the hall admiring the decorum and craftmanship of the structure and artwork, he made his way down a hall, oblivious to the fact it was the same as where Oriana and Kain took to Anarane's room as he walked along he ran his fingers along the wall of stone. He could feel the history of the structure the heartbeat of the home which in turn allowed him to sense the tension in the air and the pain of raised voice out of response to a heart being hurt. The sound of a door unlatching caused him to stop in his tracks, as he noticed her exit the room and then collapse upon the floor in grief and pain of heart.

His first thought was to protect as is his station, but this matter fell outside of his duty to the house of Azrael.It was his heart that made him approach and his aged mind which gave him the idea. He approached her, but in her grief and pain she did not seem to notice. He gave her a whack in the shin with the end of the staff, she winced and glared at him with tear stained eyes, he kneeled his aged body down and with gentle hand wiped the tears running down her cheeks with words simple and low of tone..

What does it matter, my action is in the past and nothing can be done now can it. Your love for him is the same Daughter of Azrael as is the pain in Ana's heart. So get your backside off the ground and draw the strength you need from that love.
With that he stood back up smiled and contiued down the hallway enjoying his chance at seeing the inside of a Tengwargul home.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:00 pm
Stablehand

Kain stood silent as the two women in his life exchanged words, and brought even more pain onto one another. He barely had the energy to stand, let alone jump inbetween the two of them. He kept his calm through most of it, although Kain became angry it wasn't because of her reaction, it was the way she visciously attacked Oriana. It didn't matter who insulted his beloved, he has, is, and always will be her champion, and he wouldn't take kindly to anyone who insulted her.

You owe her an apology, but leave the two of us for now Ana, go see our son. We'll talk after you have had time to think about things. He weakly made his way to the door, and opened it for the both of them. There was Oriana, back to the wall, sitting on the floor. He went over to her and offered his hand as if to help her up. Looking down the hallway he saw Pyren slowly walking along the corridor. Kain and Oriana were supposed to meet with him, but that would come a little later. Kain helped Oriana to her feet and embraced her lovingly, and openly in front of Anarane, she needed to see, a confirmation of Kain's place in this world. Maybe it would help her to understand.

Ana is going to go see Noah, did you want to go with her to see Tierney? I am going to lay down for a little bit and regain my strength. He was tired, the last week had been hectic, and chaotic.

~~~~~~~~~

Noah had led the other two around a castle he didn't even know about, they ended up circling the upper floor. It didn't matter because they were in no particular direction, they just had to leave the room to leave the adults to speak. Noah decided exploring his mothers home would pass the time perfectly. The young boy had not completely come to grips with what was going to happen, but he was ready to face it with a steely determination not to allow himself to look weak in front of the two girls that accompanied him.

They came around another turn when they ran across a large being with a staff in hand. Noah stopped, not recognizing this person from before and went for his dagger, but Tierney said something and placed a hand on his shoulder. Pleases to meet you sir, I am Noah Dragonhand. In an adult like manner the boy offered his hand in greeting to Pyren.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:16 pm
Stablehand

*Aráto - Champion / Titta Aranel - Little Princess
*Cormlle naa tanya tel'raa -your heart is that of the lion
*Mae govannen - Well Met
*Cormamin lindua ele lle - my heart sings to see thee
*inyë sanwë lyë vanwa - I thought you lost

Pleases to meet you sir, I am Noah Dragonhand.
The young voice made him stop dead in his tracks ...The name stunning him somewhat, he gazed down upon the young man his warm green eyes flashed to their obsidian shade and then back again, a broad smile crossed his face and accepted the young warriors hand in his.
Cormlle naa tanya tel'raa, Mae govannen Aráto Noah His eyes then looked upon her a tear welled in one at the joy of seeing her again, he spread his great arms in gesture of his happiness to see Tierney. Cormamin lindua ele lle Titta Aranel, inyë sanwë lyë vanwa. She stepped into his greeting and returned the gesture to him, stepping back he bowed his head to her and collected himself and his thoughts.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:37 pm
Peasant

It may be past and cannot be undone Pyren but that does not mean it hurts any less when first inflicted...

The mage looked to the titan teary eyed, if she had been glaring it was not because she was angry with him, she was angry with herself, with the whole scene that had taken place in the room moments before. Who was she to be so angry at Anarane when she had been the reason for the womans heartbreak? She was better than that was she not? But what did matter how she regarded herself when she was still a living, breathing, feeling being? She had hurt Ana and Ana had repaid her in kind, was that not the nature of life? The slight pain she had first felt when the titan smacked her with his staff started to fade and the corners of her lips turned into a half now knowing smile.

... well done loyal one, you have reminded me of what I seemed to have forgotten in such a short span... in time all things pass... I know the sting of bitter words and heartache will pass.

Like a beloved sister would to a beloved brother the mage kissed the rough palm of the titan.

Finish your exploring old friend, I'll get up off my backside in due time, and in time we will have much more to celebrate than we already do.

The mage watched the titan taking his slow steps down the hall until he disappeared around the corner, when the last of his shadow faded from sight she heard the door of the room next to her open, Ana had been the first to exit, the look of murder no longer rested in her eyes but the heartbreak was there no matter how she tried to hide it, whatever anger the mage had felt dissolved leaving her feeling worn both mentally and physically. Before she could react to seeing the elfess Kain was before her lifting her to her feet and wrapping her in his arms.

Ana is going to go see Noah, did you want to go with her to see Tierney? I am going to lay down for a little bit and regain my strength

She looked up at her warrior wide eyed, the last thing she wanted to do was add the hurt of seeing Oriana and Kain together into the broken heart of the elfess. Despite the grief she had brought to Anarane Oriana still cared for her. Leaning up she whispered close to Kains ear.

Find your rest love, I know what this day has taken out of you. I dont think going with Ana will be the wisest thing to do right now, when she is ready to see me, to speak to me she will do so, until then I will give her the time and space she needs. I will find Tierney on my own. Do you want me to help you to your bed before I go in search of my daughter love?

Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:57 pm
Stablehand

With the formalities and proper introductions over Tierney gazed up in awe at the titan roaming the halls of her cousins' home. It seemed that Pyren was just as curious as she and her mother and could not resist his urge to go exploring, of course as mature as she was for her age, these thoughts were the simple thoughts of a child nonetheless. She was expected to behave in a certain manner, her beloved Avus always in the forefront of her mind, but just this once, she would not think she would disappointment, after all he had understood she was not fully grown and would not scold or scoff when she behaved as such. She flung herself at the great titan her heart swelled with joy. Though it had been many years since she had seen him, her most constant memory was how he had guarded her Avus, guarded her family. Even though she had been nearly six summers old at the time of her Avus' passing to become one with the Art, barely old enough to have memories at all, the sight of the titan kneeling before her mother in the sanctuary of her grandfathers study speaking so kindly of the Archmage and pledging himself to her line remained with Tierney so clearly she remembered it as if it were yesterday.

You're still so big Pyren! Did you know that Noah is my cousin? Does Mama know your here? She's having a time of it right now you know, so is Aunt Anarane and Kain. I guess we all are. I tell you Pyren if insanity comes with being an adult I would much rather stay a child.

Her arms wrapped around the titans neck tightly, it didnt matter if he was not used to such displays of emotion, she was happy to see him and she was going to make sure he knew it.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:10 pm
Stablehand

Your daughter and Noah are together remember? Nevermind that for now, He sighed audibly. I could probably use a little help in moving around. Ana stopped and looked back at him then, as if she wanted to be the one to help him to bed, and care for him. She would learn in time however that is no longer her place. With Oriana's help Kain made it across the hall into a room that Kain had slept in before. Before he had married Anarane, he had stayed as a guest in her house. He moved over and sat on the bed, still holding on to Oriana's hand.

Thank you love. He paused and looked up into her eyes, an apologetic look shot out to her. I'm so sorry for that back there Ori, but thank you for standing by me my love. He smiled then and his grip on her hands tightened a bit.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:53 pm
Stablehand

Did you know that Noah is my cousin?
Does Mama know your here?
She's having a time of it right now you know, so is Aunt Anarane and Kain. I guess we all are. I tell you Pyren if insanity comes with being an adult I would much rather stay a child.

His smile was evident as he rubbed his eye in pretend gesture as if something had caused it to weep, Pyren stood there somewhat in prideful manner at the way she held herself and spoke, that and he had noticed how she had grown in size. I have missed you to Titta Aranel Yes both your mother and Kain know of my arrival, i have yet to speak with the lady Ana as of yet.
No, I had not known this young warrior is your cousin again well met young Dragonhand again.
He bowed his head to the young man.
I am Pyren Arkanis, Master of Arms for the Sidhe council and guardian of the House Azrael and of Tengwargul. And i am in your debt for your service in protecting the princess Tierney.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:55 pm
Stablehand

Noah and the titan shook hands, then the titan spoke to him in words he barely understood, even though three fourths of his blood was elven, and he looked like an elf to anyone. Kain had never really taught Noah much elven as the boy was growing, but Noah hid the quizzical look on his face when the words came as best he could.

Then he watched Tierney literally throw herself at the Titan, hugging him. Then the Titan turned to Noah, after Tierney had asked some questions and told him that they were cousins, Noah didn't even know what the word cousin meant. Probably family of some sort he concluded.

The titan introduced himself to Noah, and the boy responded promptly, puffing out his little chest with pride when the titan spoke of his guarding Tierney. Well again, pleased to meet you mister Arkanis. I was only doing my duty. The compliments from everyone on his duty only bolstered the young man's confidence.

The young boy thought for a moment, his father had told him his mother's last name, and Pyren said he was guardian of the Tengwargul line. So that means you are my guardian too? He looked up to the large titan and down at Tierney and back. Gosh, you are really tall you know mister Arkanis?

For some reason he thought of his mother then. Almost as soon as he thought of her he spotted her coming down the hall from behind Pyren. She was heartbroken, Noah knew, his father had explained it all to them before they had even arrived at his mother's keep.

If you'll excuse me mister Arkanis. Noah said while looking past the titan. Then he ran up to his mother and gave her a hug, holding her close. It'll be ok mother. He said, putting on a bright smile, his bluish green eyes gazing up at the elfess who he barely knew, but had a connection to that would remain with them both for eternity, she was his mother.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:07 pm
Stablehand

Well again, pleased to meet you mister Arkanis. I was only doing my duty. He bowed his head in agreement to the young lion of Tengwargul house, his manner is of his father he thought to himself. I duty you did well young Aráto, you will make a great warrior like your father before you.
So that means you are my guardian too? Yes, but it seems to me you have handled yourself without my interference or guidance. But i shall always be here for you should you feel the need young master Dragonhand Gosh, you are really tall you know mister Arkanis? A unfortunate side effect of being a titan young master
If you'll excuse me mister Arkanis. Pyren bowed his head to the young warrior as he scurried off, he turned back and gazed upon the princess again. I am glad their is such a fine young lion to protect you in my stead. Although i am here at your call, know this in time of uncertianty all you must do is call is thy name Yána She will have place for you and keep you safe in times of dire.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:31 pm
Peasant

Of course I would stand by you Kain, this was not your task to take up alone, I had to stand beside you not only because I love you but because the simple fact is it was the right thing to do. As much as it might not make sense to her I owed that much to Anarane, what she said, she had the right to be angry and to speak from her heart just as we have the right to follow our own hearts. Lay back and try to rest now love, then you can tell me what has you so troubled that your trying to break my hands.

She winked at him spoke while she slipped the cape from his neck, took the sword and belt from his waist, and slipped his shirt off. Pushing him back gently onto the bed she sat beside him and brushed his hair from his eyes.

I know what you did for her took alot from you, but I know it was something you had to do... and I know how hard it was for you to stand there and hear all that she had to say, but Kain... its finally done with, after all these years, we are right where we belong...

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:54 pm
Stablehand

He let go of the tight grip on her hand as she mentioned it. She then took his cape off, and swordbelt. Kain kicked his boots off and allowed her to lay him down. She told him he understood why he did what he did, and knew it was hard for him to see both of them get after one another while he could barely stand. Kain smiled though, she was right, after so long they were right where they belonged.

Yes Oriana, we are where we belong. Kain was happy, he had accomplished what he was meant to by ridding Anarane of the plague that was Risetti, and guiding her from the darkness that would envelope her life if she continued down that path. There were mistakes along the way, but none of that mattered anymore. After the day was over, Kain and Oriana would live the life they were meant to live together.

Let's not dwell on it love, let Anarane have some time with Noah and to herself so she calms down, that way she will not be irrational when we speak to her next. Kain was so tired, he was trying to stay awake while the mage was near, but it was difficult, and the warrior suddenly drifted off into sleep.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:22 pm
Stablehand

Ana moved down the hallway to find her son. Her thoughts filled with regret for the things she had said to Oriana. She would make amends, but right now was not the time. As she turned the corner, she raised her head, seeing the children and the large man standing with them. Seeing Tierney clinging to the man, she knew that he was not threat to her or the children.

Noah had looked up seeing Ana and ran to her, throwing his arms around her. Ana could not help but smile. At least part of her heart was filled with joy. Wrapping her arms around Noah, she held him tight for a few minutes, then knelt down on one knee bringing herself face to face with the little man. "Yes my son, things will be all right. I will adjust to life as it will be and I will have you here to be the man of the house. I know you, too, have to make adjustments. You have been so many years with your father. Know that he will always be welcome to come here and spend time with you." She smiled at him and stood back up. Ana could see that it would not be all that long before he would be as tall as her.

She reached out for his and as she walked toward the titian that stood with Tierney and Anara. Stopping just a few feet away, she tilted her head up as she spoke., extending her hand."I am Anarane Drago...... Anarane Tengwargul. This is my home. I should say, mine and my children's home. I can see by Tierney's actions that you are known to her, therefore welcome in House Night Shadows." Turning for a moment from the man, she spoke to Tierney. "Niece I think that it is time for you to go to your mother. Please tell her that I would like to speak to her later, after things have settled down for the evening."

Ana then turned to Anara. "I am sorry Anara, but Farene is dead and gone. I fear we may never know who your father is or was. I wish i could have found out for you, but Farene made it impossible to do."

Anara looked at her mother and smiled. "It is all right mother. If and when I am to know, it will happen. Right now my concern is for you." Ana smiled at the girl and leaned in and kissed her cheek. "If you would please Anara, show your brother to his room and I will be there in a moment. I would like to speak with Tierney's friend for a moment." Anara nodded and indicated the way to Noah. She smiled softly as she watched the two walk down the hallway. Turning her attention to the man standing there.

"May I asked, Sir, who are you and what has brought you to our home?"

Death in Effect

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:05 pm
Stablehand

*aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle - may thy paths be green and the breeze on thy back.
Heri - lady

"May I asked, Sir, who are you and what has brought you to our home?"
He turned and removed his hood, his warm green eyes met hers and his tanned face creased with a smile. Heri Anarane, aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle Mae govannen Pyren Arkanis is the name He extended his hand in a mock gesture of it being their first meeting all over again. He made light he had hoped to keep her spirits lifted and in so did not mention the days events and spoke of the two children with only his feelings.
She has grown so big since i saw her last, and the fine young warrior to protect her, i feel she will have no need of my protection soon. But alas we all grow old and set in our ways sometimes, but it is still a good thing to see the young with manner and well spokeness, would you not agree Lady Ana.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:06 am
Stablehand

Pyren had only answered part of her question. Telling her who he was, but not telling her why he had come here. Ana smiled softly as he took her hand. She was surprised at the gentleness of his grip, considering the size of the man. She had to stand back from him a few feet in order to look up at him without hurting her neck.

"Shaer taer, Pyren Arkanis. O eisi shaelysti ail sor cyri. Cyrn si var os pasaer, sher thylyrn si jhol.

Yes, it seem, the children have been raised properly and perhaps, just a bit to mature for their ages. It is a shame that all three of them have been through so much at their young ages.

Now tell Sir, what was it that brought you to a Tengwargul home? I noticed that you avoided the question. I saw by Tierney's reaction to you, that you didn't come there to cause any kind of problem."

Ana waited for his answer. Her patience were quite thin with the events of the last couple day, especially from the new she had just been given by her... the father of her son. Her eyes narrowed as the anger boiled deep inside her. Ana threw up a shield around her, preventing others from knowing what she was feeling or thinking.

Translation:
Well met, Pyren Arkanis. You are welcome in this house. Know the path of darkness, but follow the light.

Death in Effect

Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:14 pm
Stablehand

Yes, it seem, the children have been raised properly and perhaps, just a bit to mature for their ages. It is a shame that all three of them have been through so much at their young ages.

Now tell Sir, what was it that brought you to a Tengwargul home? I noticed that you avoided the question. I saw by Tierney's reaction to you, that you didn't come there to cause any kind of problem."

A whisper of a plee from afar thru time, is best on how i could give reason for being here Arwenamin Ana . Although most of the old way's are gone duty taken by word, still binds me to my word and promise made long ago, as to the children they will do fine i think over matured perhaps but bravado is for the young ans should be expected.

But if you wish i can take my leave of you given events already past, i am certain they have strained your mood for company and idle chatter best left for another day.
Bowing his head he noticed her cast a cantrip, paying it no mind he smiled at her and gave his bidding farewell and turned to leave.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:39 am
Peasant

She watched him sleep for a long while, the events leading up to that moment played over and over in her mind. Nearly five years of memory washed over the mage flooding her every thought while she searched for something, anything that could have stayed the course that carried her and Kain and Anarane to where they all were. No, she thought, they were all where they were meant to be and despite the hard times that had passed and the difficulties that would lie ahead, she would not have wished to change a single moment good or bad. Not guilt nor anger, ill will or anything else was going to shadow the completeness she felt, the happiness she had been given not just once but twice in her life. With that thought she looked at Kain, he was sleeping so peacefully and she thought years had been erased from his features, with each passing day her champion was looking younger, healthier. Leaning over she brushed her lips against his lightly careful not to wake him. Sweet sleep love.. She left him sleeping and set out in search of her beautiful daughter, they had been seperated for too long, this last time Oriana didnt want to leave her daugher behind, but the search for Guidion was going to take her farther around the world than she had ever gone and she did not want to bring her only child into unchartered territory. Never again my little one, I will never leave you behind for any man or anyone else, she made the silent promise to herself and to her daugher as she roamed the halls for the familiar white blonde hair and golden eyes.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:40 am
Stablehand

"As you wish M'Lord. but I ask you not to leave. If you have good reason to be here, then shall it be. Perhaps idle chatter is what I need at the moment. To many things running through my mind. Things that should not be thought of. They are there and I must figure out how to deal with them. In the past, I would have turned to my brothers for advice, but one is gone from this world I know. The other... well the other I know not what has happened to him."

She reached to the amulet that she still worn. One given to her by her oldest brother. One that she has given to Kain at one. He had returned it to her long ago. With this realization, she also noticed something was different. Something was missing that she had felt for years. The link between her and Kain was gone. With the realization of this fact, tears welled up and began running down her cheeks. The anger that had somewhat subsided was once again in full blown rage. She could feel the fire that flowed through her veins begin to rise once more. Without warning she let loose of a ball of fire. It shot down the hall past Pyren, through a window at the end. Bursting into flash of fire outside. Growling at herself, trying to calm what was raging inside. Only one person had been able to teach her to control what flowed inside her. Now... now she couldn't turn to her. She was one of the reasons for the flames growing and escaping now. Ana shook her head slowly. Looking up at Pyren.

"My apologizes M'Lord. I didn't mean for that to happen."

Ana's thoughts turning back inward. Telling herself that she had to control what was happening for now. She has other things to tend to at the moment.

Death in Effect

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:07 pm