It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:31 am

Eye of the storm (semi-closed) 
Stablehand

It had missed, But not by much he had moved just at the first twinge of danger as the ball of flame went narrowly past his head and continued out the window. "My apologizes M'Lord. I didn't mean for that to happen." Bowing his head slightly in recognition of apology given he spoke.No harm, No foul But if you wish to vent what vexes you, i would ask you not choose me as a target M'lady Ana.
Nodding his head again he found his way to the main hall again, the general seats looked strong enough to hold his weight and would make fora cushioned respice. Getting comfortable he found a book and began to browse it's contents.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:29 am
Stablehand

"You were not the target, M'Lord. No one was the target. It was an accident." A gasp then a deep sigh escaped her lip as she called out to Pyren as he walked away. Ana shook her head.

After she composed herself, made her way to the room that was Noah's. Stopping in front of the door Ana took a deep breath, lightly knocking on the door, before she entered the room. Her emerald eyes sparkled with delight as she saw the children sitting and talking. All three sets of eyes turned in her direction when she stepped into the room. Though it had originally been a nursery for Noah, she had changed everything in anticipation of him coming with his father.

"I hope you will find the room to you liking Noah. If there is anything you want or need for the room, please let me know and I will find it." Anarane smiled at her son.

There was, of course, a nice sized bed with a simple headboard. Over it, a foot or so above, was a window that filled the room with morning light. A large cabinet, sat on one wall. A place, she had thought, for him to keep whatever belongs he wished in. Beside it was a door that was a closet for his clothing. On the other side of the cabinet was was another door that lead to a small wash room with a tub. Both rooms having a fireplace. Beside the one in the bedroom sat two comfortable chairs.

In the corner next to the closet was table with several chairs. That was where the children were sitting when she came in. One of the staff had placed a bowl of fresh fruit on the table. They all seemed to be enjoying. Walking over she leaned down and kissed each on the cheek.

Noah was so full of life and just his presence brightened the room. Ana hoped that with him here that maybe Anara would begin to come out of her shell. Being here with Noah, was the most relaxed she had seen Anara since they came home. Tierney seemed almost childlike, also, for the first time in all long time. Though the air of maturity, as always, was around her, as it was with all of them.

"I just wanted to stop in and make sure you were settled for t he night, Noah. To see if there was anything you wanted or needed." Turning to the the girls, she spoke softly. "I think it is time for you two to go to your rooms. It has been a long day for Noah, I am sure. The traveling and all." They both seemed to frown but got up and left the room, for their own.

"Now, my little man, it is time for you to settle down for the night. We will have plenty of time to talk and get to know each other. I am sure that you will want to spend some time with your father tomorrow before they leave. I really don't know how long they plan on staying. Maybe just tonight, though I would hope, that they would stay a couple days. At least until you feel comfortable here. Now off to bed with you." Ana watched as he went into the wash room and got ready for bed. When he come back out, crawling up and settling down in his bed. Walking over, pulling the covers up over him, she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "Rest well my son. I am very happy to have you home with me." She whispered softly. Moving to the door, she turned and stood for awhile, watching as he drifted off to sleep. She wasn't sure how long she stood and watched as he slept before she left the room.

Slowly, Ana made her way up the stairs to the next floor, where her chambers and private rooms were. She walked down the short hallway to the sitting room. When she walked in, there was one of the staff tending the fire. The girl had sat some food on the side table with a bottle of elven wine and had lite a lantern. Ana wasn't really hungry, though she had not eaten since the day before. She made her way to over to the fireplace and sat in one of the chairs. She spoke softly to the girl.

"That will be all, thank you. Please find Oriana and ask her to join me when she has finished with whatever she needs to tend to. Then you get yourself some rest please." The girl got up, nodded and left the room closing the door behind her. Leaving Ana to her own thoughts.

Death in Effect

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:54 am
Peasant

Oriana had found her daughter just as the golden eyed little wonder of her life was getting ready to enter her room. Despite the hostile atmosphere that now rolled through the keep it did Orianas heart good to know that Anarane had taken such loving care of Tierney. She entered the room behind her daughter, and helped her into bed even thought the girl was old enough to do so herself, Oriana had missed out on those tender years while she had been searching for Guidion. It amazed the mage how her daughter understood so much so completely. No sooner had Oriana sat on the bed when a knock on the door gained both their attentions. Oriana soon learned that Anarane was requesting her presence and when Oriana turned to look at Tierney her amazement grew even more. Her daughter now snuggled deep in the bed was looking at her mother and nodding her head. Promising that she would return as soon as she could Oriana left the room and was soon knocking on the door she had been directed to. Steeling herself against what she might be greeted with from the other side the mage made it known that she was there.

I was told you wanted to see me?

Without thinking every ward the mage knew was raised around her being, she was not afraid of what Anarane would do, she knew what the elfess was capable of, she was simply in no mood for a fight.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:13 am
Stablehand

The young boy had gotten along with Tierney, but Anara seemed distant. He didn't let that bother him however as he explored his room, looking in the dresser, washroom, closet. It wasn't as empty as his room at his father's house, and he liked that.

He smiled brightly when he saw his mother enter the room, and he hid a frown as she ushered his cousin and sister out. Noah said goodnight to them, and turned to his mother who ushered him to bed.

Yes mother. The boy then left to the washroom, and prepared himself for sleep. After he was done his mother tucked him in, a gesture he didn't even recognize the signifigance of. He smiled anyway. Good night mother, I love you. Then he closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep. The boy was able to fall asleep easily because his mother was ok, and he had learned to appreciate a bed after so long on the road with his father.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:14 am
Stablehand

Ana nodded and indicated to the other chair in front of the fireplace. "Please, come have a seat. It has been a long time since you and I spent time together Oriana. Things have been a bit strained the last few days for me. Thought the last twenty-four hours have been a living hell." Anarane's face showed the look of serenity. Her thoughts shielded, the fire being held in check. Her outward appearance was one of calm. "I fear I lashed out at you rather harshly. I do apologize for that. As you can imagine, I was in shock. Not only from the attack by Farene, but by the unexpected events that followed. Losing ones brother was hard enough, but to lose the only man that one had ever loved was... well lets just say... more then I could handle."

Ana looked over at Oriana and smiled. She had read and studied, learning about the blood that ran through the mage's veins as well as her own. She now understood more about herself then she had in the past. The fire that flowed through her veins had come from that same Sidhe blood. She also knew, being a Dark Elf as she was, what she was capable of. There would be time for what would come to pass, but this was not the time nor the place. She had her son to think of now, as well as Anara. There were still questions to be answered as far as the girl went. Anarane had been so young when the demoness too possession of her body, young and untrained. She had not been aware of how she could have controlled Farene back then. But she did let her mind wander.

"Perhaps you would be able to help me with finding some answers, Oriana. Maybe to help me to remember the year in which Farene had total control of my mind and body. See I need to find out who Anara's father is. Not so much for myself, but for the girl. She has the right to know who he is. A child should not be kept from their parents any more then a parent should be kept from their child."

Ana's words were direct and to the point. She made it quite clear without accusing out right, how she felt about the years lost with her son. This was something she wasn't sure she would be able to forget, forgive perhaps, but she would never forget. As for Oriana, this was the second time that she had come between her and her husband. She quickly closed her mind to these thoughts. She would not allow herself to lose control again. Not now, it was not the time, she reminded herself.

"My mind is not quite clear on what happened with or to Farene today. Something tells me that she will never be able to give me the answers I seek. The last I remember concerning her was that I could feel my life's blood flowing from my body. The spells that I had used should have stopped the demoness, but they did not. She was able to defeat me with her strength when my spells should have stopped her. The next thing i remember was waking in my bed, with all of you in the room. Tell me, Oriana, what happened during that time when I was unconscious?"

Offering Oriana a goblet of elven wine, her hand lightly brushing against Oriana's. The touch was all she had needed. Ana leaned back in her chair, gazing into the fire, as the flames danced on the logs. A slight smile turned up at the corner of her mouth, as her darkened emerald eyes watched. She could feel the transformation beginning in her body. Ana pushed back the desire to allow it to take place. This too, there would be time for, in the future. Turning her eyes to the mage sitting beside her, waiting for her to speak.

Death in Effect

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:02 am
Stablehand

Anarane nearly fell from the chair in which she sat as the rune in her hand gave off a brillant burst of light. The other rune that had form burned in her flesh in reaction. Though it was reacting to the one in her hand, placed by her brother, it had formed on it's own. The only connection was the tendrals that reach out to each other. She looked up as the shadowy figure of her brother appeared before her. Looking toward to Oriana to see if she was seeing the same thing. Ana could see by her lack of reaction that Oriana didn't see what she was seeing. Ana had thought never to she him again, no matter the form. To Oriana it would appear that Ana was staring into empty space. She was hearing her brother's voice. She could hear the anger as he spoke. His words measured and direct.

What has become of my sibbling that she calls me forth from my slumber. Only...

Her dark emerald eyes stared in disbelief at the image before her. How could this be so, she thought.

Only the two of you together could have brought me here. What has happened that I was summoned?

Her mind could not grasp the words that fell on her ears. The day had been filled with one shock after another.

Speak woman,

As he looked at her, her mouth opened as if to speak, but no words fell from her lips.

Why have you brought me here? I had told you only if your life depended on it to call me forth. This does not seem to be one of those times.

As his hand reached out and grabbed hold of her jaw, he demanded to her to speak. She related what had been happening. The news of Kain's return. The attack by Farene, then on top of that, Kain telling her that he was leaving her. Not just leaving her for anyone, but for Oriana.

"What is to be expected of me? They come to my home, not as I expected, but destorying my world. Years I have spent alone and waiting. Kain away with my son, no contact from you as you wandered the world. Oriana off seaching for you, sending your daughter for me to care for. The guilt I have lived with all these years over the death of your son. What has it all brought me? I am expected to sit quietly and watch as she takes my husband from me. Does everyone think I am made of stone?"

As her ire exploded, her voice rose. Her eyes flashed as the fire raged inside her wanting to escape. The blood of her mother coursing through her veins. Her flesh began to glow from the fires raging in her. Not realizing that she was actually shouting outloud. Not even noticing Oriana's reaction to her outburst.

Death in Effect

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:22 pm
Peasant

Oriana sat before the fire burning in the hearth of Anaranes private chamber, the light reflecting in her violet eyes as she stared at the flames carefully listening to the elfess. Her face betray no emotion, her thoughts carefull veiled she had learned from her father long ago to never let anyone see what she was thinking or feeling. On the outside she was the picture of perfect calmness. On the inside however her mind picked apart each word fallen from the elfs lips and she found them to be lacking truth. There was more going on than what the elfess wanted her to know, it was obvious in the way she carried herself, in the way she presented her plight to the mage, and Oriana found it almost laughable. Anarane wanted Oriana to help her discover who it was that had sired her daughter.Surely the elfess had some idea of what would be involved if the mage agreed, and just as sure Anarane could not possibly believe her to be so blind to the rage that swelled within the elfess, even the village idiot would have enough common sense to know how angry the elf was. Oriana could not blame her for that anger, but being a cautious woman by nature, she doubted finding her childs father was all Anarane was after. There were mages all throughout the world who could do what was being requested of her, so why would the elf chose to turn to her? Did she think to catch her off guard while she was absorbed in helping her finally unleashing the fires that Oriana knew she was struggling to contain? Whatever reason given Oriana knew she would do nothing to place herself in a postion for revenge or anything else to be exacted on her. Just as she started to rise, intent on giving her decision her attentions were drawn to the elfess, the rune on the mages wrist had shimmered brightly, and Oriana knew then that they were not alone. She thought to speak then but her voice would have been drowned out by the rantings of the elfess.

I am expected to sit quietly and watch as she takes my husband from me. Does everyone think I am made of stone?"

Those words above any other that had been spoken by the elf that night struck deep into the mages soul, so deep that the anger Oriana had locked away all the years following the death of her son now surfaced. Rising to her feet like the Sidhe queen Pyren tried so hard to convince her she was the mage looked at the elfess with cold eyes of violet steel.

No one has ever accused you of being made of stone, stone does not crumble and fall at the slightest blowing of the winds, nor does it crash down around itself when the earth trembles. You on the other hand cannot handle even the slightest of matters without wilting like a flower left in the sun to long. You who though broken hearted will be able to move on and maybe one day learn to love again, yet my son sleeps in a bed of dirt, my son can never be returned to me. Why is it that my son is dead again Anarane? Oh yes the war that was waged when we all did what had to be done to save you. I never allowed my own pain to touch you because I knew you were punishing yourself enough, you did not need me to add to it. Yet there you stand accusing me of taking your husband when he gave his love to me freely, there you stand wanting so desperately to see me dead. Do you think that would bring your husband back to you? Go on then Anarane try and kill me you may not succeed, then again you might and if you do I can promise you Kain would hate you more than he has hated anything in his life, you would be deader to him than you could ever make me be.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:15 am
Stablehand

Something within the child's blood made his body run cold. Something was happening, and the boy decided he would investigate. Was his mother confronting some sort of monster? At least that's what he was feeling. No it wasn't quite that, something else, but the kid had no concept of the word jealousy. He snuck down the hall to where he could feel the emotion eminating from. He saw the woman that his father told him was going to live with his father after this, she was entering the room. Noah crept up on the door and listened, peeking in through the keyhole.

Something was happening, he could see his mother clearly, and the smile on her face was unnatural, unwelcoming, unfriendly. It made his blood run even colder. He could see the shadow that formed up in front of her, and he could hear, no he could feel the words. Noah was unaware, but his blood connection to his mother is what allowed him to see what he saw, and it scared him. The boy had been courageous all day long, but now he was scared, for the first time he was truly scared.

Then his mother burst out, saying that "they" had come to her home and destroyed her world, that was all he heard, had the boy been older he might have understood more, but he felt as if he was part of who she was referring to. He opened the door and went to run in, tears streaking down his cheeks.

Mo.. He meant to say mother, why? But he couldn't quite find room to speak. He curled up in a ball on the floor, for the first time in his life he sobbed. He cried tears of sadness, and fear. He became a little boy again, crying for someone, anyone, it didn't matter who it was so long as it wasnt his mother. What he felt, and saw terrified him, and he didn't want to be near her.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:22 am
Peasant

Any anger the mage felt faded the moment she heard the door to the room crack open, she turned to see who had come inside ready to unleash what was rolling inside her but was stopped by the unfinished sound she had heard, the sound of a childs voice and the sight of Noah who was staring at his mother as if he were staring at a demon. Before he hit the floor the mage was crossing the room, Anarane was forgotten, everything that had taken place just, everything that had been said was forgotten, the mages motherly instinct took hold and nothing else mattered then except for tending to the brave little warrior she had grown so fond of who was now curled in a huddled mass on the floor. She reached him and dropped to her knees, her black robes fanning around her. Reaching out slowly so as not to startle the boy who was traumatized by either what he saw or heard, perhaps even both, she touched his shoulder gently and whispered to him in a low soothing tone.

Shhh, its alright my little warrior, whatev...

The last of her words were cut short and she was thrown entirely off guard when the little boy, who had been so brave throughout the many changes that were taking place in his life, threw himself in her arms and sobbed into her neck. His tears washed away any remaining hurt or anger the mage might have been keeping hidden away. With Noah in her arms Oriana rose to her feet.

Let's get you to your father little champion, you have been brave enough for one night, you'll feel better once you can talk to your father...

Without looking back Oriana left the room, without giving Anarane a second thought she carried the little boy clinging to her to his father.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:35 am
Stablehand

Kain's rest wasn't peaceful, it was dark, and brooding. Something in the atmosphere was affecting his sleep, as it turned into a nightmare he was awoke by a slight sobbing. When he looked up Oriana was moving to sit on the side of the bed with Noah in her arms. She carried the boy as if here were not even a hinderance, and Noah wasn't a small boy.

Kain knew something was wrong, he sat up in his bed, hearing the tears from his boy. Kain hadn't heard the well mannered, adult-like child cry for years. What had happened?

Hello love, what happened to Noah? Kain was still weak, but concern for his boy made him move to sit next to Oriana and she handed the boy over to him.

It'll be alright son. He said holding the child, seeing Noah cry had upset Kain greatly, and he looked at Oriana, his eyes demanding from her an explanation. He wasn't angry with her, he had no reason to be, but whatever had caused his son to cry would feel sorry very soon.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:03 am
Peasant

I'm not quite sure my champion... Oh yes you are, she thought to herself, but she dared not speak the words, it was up to Noah to tell his father what had caused him to break down. She was sure she knew the reason but to give voice to that reason and possibly being wrong was not anything the mage was prepared for, despite the scene in the room moments before Oriana was not going to do anything to plant ideas in the boys head that his mother was not.... all there. Quickly she explained to Kain everything that had led up to the boys arrival in his mothers chambers and she sighed heavily when done. I don't know if she heard a word I said, I don't know if she even realized her son was in the room, she didnt make a move towards him Kain, she just stood there... The last of her words fell in whisper so that the boy crying in his fathers arms would not hear. Without giving any thought she rubbed small circles around the boys back as she had done to Tierney when she was little and suffered a nightmare. They were all living in a nightmare just then but the mage took comfort knowing that soon the nightmare would be over for her, her champion, her daughter and the little warrior, if Anarane chose to continue to walk in it, it would be of her own doing.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:58 am
Stablehand

Kain listened as Oriana explained what had happened after he had passed out from fatigue. Kain wasn't sure what to think, after just waking up, his only thought was of his son at that moment. Seeing Noah in such a broken, childlike state hit Kain to the core. He knew that it was partially his fault that Noah matured so quickly, but to see him like this, Kain did not like it.

He tried to get Noah to talk, but the child couldn't find the words. Instead he simply clung to his father, not wanting to let go, tears still streaming down his face. Kain stood to his feet.

Oriana, go get your daughter, we are leaving right now. If Anarane cannot contain her emotion about this, then I cannot leave my son here. I know she is a very emotional woman, but if she cannot contain it around Noah, then I have no choice. He doesn't need to go through that. Kain knew that if Noah understood him, and he believed the boy did, that Noah would not know his mother for very long, at least not right then. They had only met briefly so far, but the child showed no sign of concern.

Get your daughter and take us to the wagon that is bringing Noah's belongings here, he is only a few hours out of my keep, we'll accompany him back there. Kain had a reason for that particular command, and he had mentioned it to Oriana earlier that day. Noah and him had grown used to talking while riding together along the road on horseback. Maybe it would encourage the boy to let him know what is happening.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:49 am
Peasant

Finally! She never thought she would be so happy to hear the words that came from Kains mouth, but when he told her what he wanted her to do she practically ran for the door and down the hall to her daughters room. She wasnt surprised when she found her daughter already awake and dressed.

We're going then Mama?...

Tierney looked passed her to Kain who had followed with Noah in his arms. A look of genuine concern crossed the girls face and without hesitation she hurried to Kains side resting a hand on Noahs leg.

Whatever it is, it will be alright cousin, I'll take care of you just like you have taken care of me.

Oriana could not help the pride that swelled in her over her daughters actions but she would have to tell her daughter about it later, because there were other more important matters that needed tending to.

Aye love we are leaving, I'm sorry you cant tell your Aunt goodbye but its important we hurry, you can write to her if you wish once we get home. Now you know what happens when we apparate, especially if someone its used to it, little one, hold tight to your cousin and help him through it.

Slipping her one arm around Kain and resting a hand on Tierneys shoulder the mage closed her eyes...

They appeared upon the road startling both horse and driver, with their sudden unexpected arrival, the instant Orianas feet touched solid ground and she breathed in the fresh air she knew that they had woken from the nightmare.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:04 am
Armchair Warrior

Location: Look up, see that funny colored star...Smile please!!

Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:00 am
Stablehand

"What is to be expected of me? They come to my home, not as I expected, but destorying my world. Years I have spent alone and waiting. Kain away with my son, no contact from you as you wandered the world. Oriana off seaching for you, sending your daughter for me to care for. The guilt I have lived with all these years over the death of your son. What has it all brought me? I am expected to sit quietly and watch as she takes my husband from me. Does everyone think I am made of stone?"
No one has ever accused you of being made of stone, stone does not crumble and fall at the slightest blowing of the winds, nor does it crash down around itself when the earth trembles. You on the other hand cannot handle even the slightest of matters without wilting like a flower left in the sun to long. You who though broken hearted will be able to move on and maybe one day learn to love again, yet my son sleeps in a bed of dirt, my son can never be returned to me. Why is it that my son is dead again Anarane? Oh yes the war that was waged when we all did what had to be done to save you. I never allowed my own pain to touch you because I knew you were punishing yourself enough, you did not need me to add to it. Yet there you stand accusing me of taking your husband when he gave his love to me freely, there you stand wanting so desperately to see me dead. Do you think that would bring your husband back to you? Go on then Anarane try and kill me you may not succeed, then again you might and if you do I can promise you Kain would hate you more than he has hated anything in his life, you would be deader to him than you could ever make me be.

Woe is the heart that is torn, Pyren thought to himself he had never taken a wife. It was not possible until he took the challenge of blood, and with Athos as the first the likely hood of it grew ever fainter by the years passing. He had listened to them both vent what they held in their hearts under lock and key, nethier though would see the othersides words and that was to be expected at a occasion such as this.

It saddened him to some degree to that the two matriarchs of Sidhe were ready to shed each others blood in torrent of spell an dagger. But in his aged time he saw many of the isle fall victim to the affairs of the heart, some even took on the gods themselves for a faint hope of a continuance in blissful harmony.

As master of arms for the Sidhe council, he saw a daughter kill her father, a sister attack sister, a son of a friend and that same friend lost. Even the granddaughter of his somewhat mentor go missing and he fearing her dead aswell, the fall of the Sidhe council and his withdrawl from the isle at the vileness of treachery by fellow faithmates and even more misgivings of nature and wrath of the gods.
But to his favor he found strength in that of all the bad that had happened, a simple glimpse of a small face and a promise he made long ago had given him the will to return and fulfill his vow.
This he had done with the construction of
Yana, but yet he still felt no release from his vow at it's construction. He closed his eyes in momentary meditation and simply listened, their was no response, no visage or glimpse of what might be.

Only blackness, he focused on the land but it to did not appear he tried on those he knew well and were still alive. They appeared in his mind, but their visage held no voice or warmth, they seemed as if they were just a memory replaying itself.
In a vain hope he thought of his creation and it appeared in his head, it beckoned him to return and find peace in sanctuary, he opened his eyes to find that both matriarchs had gone their seperate ways and that he was alone.

He placed the book he had been reading back on the little table and walked out of the house, the fresh air helped to soothe his troubled mind. He tappedhis staff and the mist encircled him in moments he was whisking his way across the lands.
Something is wrong ...he thought to himself their is an oddity or some tangible nuiance he had missed or had not anticipated. He would search the Isle till it showed itself in one form or another.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:03 am