It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 am

Metropolis of Imhabia (Ronin/open) 
Stablehand

Post preparations for a long voyage
Imhaia was buzzing. Many Ronin lords were busily stocking up on supplies, appearantly preparing for a long trip somewhere.

Lucien was also busy making preparations. Three cargo vessels in which he had owned a controlling intrest had had the other owners bought out (at a decent mark up). Lucien had suggested that the trio of upset merchants get together and purchase a new boat or two amongst themselves.

The Stormrider was also in port, being loaded with supplies. Captain Thargon was busily selecting crew for the four ships as Lucien tried to locate additional vessels. He wasn't sure how big a force Norgarth was bringing from Crossing and wanted to be prepared.

Lucien was also upset by the need to sell The Guilded Peacock (after quietly closing down it's second, illict enterprise) to a local merchant. It had been quite lucrative (and the afterhours jobs had been even more so).

Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:21 am
Stablehand

Twas a sad day for Imhabia when the preternatural ghetto called Toombs became (by default, since it's inhabitants were staying put) the premiere (if you could say so without getting laughed out of the room) neighbourhood in the (former?) Jewel of Maxim. Toombs was a squalid, walled in neighbourhood located in the NE area of Imhabia - NE Of the Necropolis and associated cemetaries, boneyards and charnelhouses, E of the Little Talingol neighbourhood and S of Mount Shinzawai).

Curiously all fallen RONIN personnel lying in the military cemetary had been exhumed and transported somewhere. Little Talingol remained mostly the same solid working class banlieue of Talingalese refugees and Mount Shinzawai's dragons and griffons and giant seagulls were nowhere to be seen...

Back to the subject of Toombs, however:

So many of the richer and/or noble families had disappeared - to follow Yoshi to Goddess knows where, that the crimelords - goblinoid or undead or extraplanar of the Toombs ghetto - where now one of the most important factions of Imhabia. It would seem that they would eventually vie for control of the city with what merchants remained and the smugglers and thieves of the dockyards. Imhabia was doomed to return to her roots of a smugglers and thieves den it would seem.

Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:46 am
Stablehand

Post Omens
Thargon is the leader of the Imhabian Defence Forces and city guard and one of the most important individuals in Imhabia (he still hasn't determined exactly he came to be such). Since the Ronin left he has seen many strange things. Several of those strange things were former or current inhabitants of Toombs. Toombs is a lawless region of Imhabia which would have far more influence if the various demons and beings living there would stop fighting amongst themselves.

The Defence forces are made up mostly of former Ronin troops who had remained behind for one reason or another, some had family here, other had simply been unable to arrive in time for the exodus.

Imhabia had maintained good relations with the trade city of Crossing seevral days ride upriver, another former Ronin stronghold. Between the two cities, they had kept a large chunk of the Constantine River valley firmly in the camp of the Blademaiden.

And now mages in both cities were reporting dreams and vision indicating a great change coming. This news did little for Thargon's peace of mind. Few changes since the Ronin departed had resulted in good news. So he simply tried to prepare himself and his people for the worst thing he could think of, a full blown invasion. He just hoped things didn't turn out quite that bad.

Thu May 29, 2003 10:48 pm
Stablehand

In a small shack on the outskirts of Imhabia an old wizened man sat. His skin was of the darkest shade possible, almost invisible in the near darkness of the shack, it's only light a small candle almost burnt down to a stub.

The driving rain on the shale roof was a sometimes staccato pattering alternating with a thundering roar that drowned out most concious thought. The rain however didn't appear to bother the sitting man's concentration, though the only evidence of the man's doings was the slight movement of his lips as he repeated his evening prayers and mantric contemplation.

The day to day doings of this world were mostly beyond Kulla, old healer well past the allotted life of mortal men, but the comings and goings of those who did his Lady's work, they were of some concern to him. Much had passed in the time since those who called themselves the Renegades of Nihilistic Night had arrived and subsequently left again.
Not all of it bad, not much of it good though, but such was the way of all things.

But now, as he prayed, the light of the candle increased slightly, a purple glow suffusing the room, piercing the gloom somewhat and the old man sighed softly, his prayers finished and he lay down on his bed, asleep in moments, a beatific smile across his wizened face.

Sat May 31, 2003 10:20 pm
Stablehand

Norgarth entered what had at one time been the office of his Imhabia manor. Now the the building acted as the headquarters of the Imhabian cityguard. Thargon, the leader of said organisation, was seated behind the desk filling out paperwork when the halfogre entered.

Thargon glanced up at his visitor, only to do a double take.
I'll be with you in a sec- Lord Norgarth! The shocked look on Thargon's face was rather amusing as he shot to his feet. He tried to offer his chair to his former leader, but Norgarth waved him off.

Don't worry about it. I just need a guest room for the night as I'll be leaving for Crossing in the morning. Lorianna is down at the harbor riding herd on some elementals we summoned to dredge out the harbor so that the Ronin's ships can dock easily.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:31 pm
Stablehand

The Cathedral of Isonia Triumphant was in one of the finest parts of Imhabia, in an area of mansions, villas and banks. As the grey man walked uptown, his appearance improved, so he still looked as if he fit in nigh perfectly, and remained unnoticeable. It wasn't magic. It was a set of almost sub-conscious continual adjustments -- refold the collar of the cloak a different way, shake some dust off, slip on a silver ring, stand a bit straighter, all little things, but enough that he looked right for where he was.

The Cathedral was a beautiful building, in the Baroque style. The grey man walked in through one of the side doors, and waited a few seconds for his eyes to adjust from out of doors, before looking around for an acolyte.

"Excuse me," he said, But I need to talk to one of the priests, please.

"And you would be?"

The grey man pulled his cloak back to expose the Ronin insignia he wore, "I'm with the Ronin."

"Oh, sorry sir. Right this way."

The acolyte led him through a small door and to a small waiting room, with a couple seats.

"Please wait here, I'll fetch someone."

"Thank you," he said as he sat down.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:27 pm
Stablehand

Lorianna is trudging towards what was once the Imhabia residence of Norgarth of the Ronin. Now it was the headquarters for the Cityguard. She had just finished dredging the harbor, or rather, the water elementals she had been commanding had just finished. It had definately been a long day.

I hope Thargon has a room I can use for the night. I don't want to have to go looking for an Inn. I can't believe how much silt washes out of the Constantine. Well the local farmers should enjoy that huge mound of silt I had dumped outside the city walls. Assuming I'm right about river silt being good fertilizer that is. *sigh* I need some sleep.

Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:24 pm
Stablehand

Sweat dripped off the Jo-nin's skin as he trained in his small dojo, for once without the weapons that marked him as kensai and samurai. Instead he battered his fists against the makewara board, the hollow thuds a rythmic cadence.

The weeks had come with their own tribulation, much losses in the war against the Royal Knights of the Realm, his personal dealings with the elf Lia Moonflower and the more important matters of the elves that had tracked her down moons before.

Add to that the day to day matters of the Ronin in general, and.. Yoshimutsu levelled a short snap kick at the practice boards, noting absently the impact.

Only here was he able to briefly set aside such woes and cares as he had, to endeavour to become one with the Way..

Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:58 am
Stablehand

Not even the chirp of a cricket to break the silence.

Staring out at the moon, Lia watched as the stars made their debut, twinkling far away. "I wonder what th' stars are, really?" She asked herself. "Th' souls o' those who have moved on?" It seemed to be a romantic notion, and one the elfwoman liked. It didn't seem -too- far fetched, in the whole scheme of things.

She wiggled her toes as she continued to stare up, her silk kimono wrapped tightly around her body. She whistled as she watched, her face a mask of contentment.

"Lady MoonFlower, you need to come inside. The wind is not good for you."

Lia made a face, and a rude gesture towards the small house that she was staying at with the members of that mysterious "MoonStar" cult that had entered her life abruptly so many moons ago. "It dun matter." She replied, her eyes darkening.

"It does, especially if someone were to see you sitting there like you were peasant rabble. Come inside, Lady MoonFlower."

At the words peasant rabble, Lia growled. "I am peasant rabble. On'y y'all dun wanna see it." She hissed, standing up and glaring at the shilouetted figure of Celiriad Cloudmaker. "I dun wanna be yer fuckin' Lady or whatever the hell y'keep calling me - I dun wanna be any of this. I wanna go home to Yoshimutsu's keep and I am fucking SICK AND TIRED of being stuck here while y'all wait for something or other." Lia's voice began to raise in octaves, as she had her little tirade.

"If I had my way, Lady MoonFlower, you would be more than welcome to leave here and go back to your Human lover. However, it is not my decision, and the both of us must abide by the council. We are waiting for word that the council has convened before we present you to them. It was your mothers' last wish that you become the Lady of the MoonStar. And I will make sure that it is kept. Whether or not you agree. Now come inside, before I make you."

Lia laughed, her eyes hardening. "Before y'make me?" She hissed. "What th' fuck d'ya think I am, yer kidlet or something?" Lia began to laugh harder, tendrils of fiery red hair flying about her face. "I dun think so."

Making her way towards Celiriad, she smiled thinly, her eyes taking on a rather dangerous gleam.

"Y'all are gonna let me leave this place, until you get your pretty fucking word or whatever. I'ma going to find Yoshimutsu, and if y'don't like it, y'all can kiss my lily white ass." She stated, before pushing her way past Celiriad and into the house, where she gathered a few things and made her way to the door.

"STOP! Lady MoonFlower, I forbid this!"

Lia looked back over her shoulder, and winked. "Get fucked." She stated before leaving the house for the streets of Imhabia, and Yoshimutsu.

Chu-nin, Ronin
[/center]

Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:27 am
Stablehand

The grey man was sitting in a small room. It was nicely appointed -- a pair of beautiful wall-hanging depicting two of Isonia's battle triumphs, one over Foret and the other over Darden, hung on opposite walls. And the chairs, embroidered in purple and gold, matched the wall-hangings nicely. Unfortunately, the chairs were far from comfortable.

A priest of Isonia walked in, and looked around, looking right past the grey man. The grey man didn't recognise this priest, then again, he didn't attend this particular temple of Isonia with any regularity. He coughed and stood up. The priest started slightly, then asked,

"You needed to talk to me?"

"Yes. I work for the Ronin, and I have been asked to find Go Seigen, tell him the Ronin have been reformed and invite him to rejoin. I was told that when the Ronin disbanded, he came here. Do you know what he wanted, where he was headed, or have any other information that might be of use to me in tracking him down?"

"Go Seigen? I do remember that name, he was one of the Chu Nin, one of the commanders. Let me think. Yes, I do remember he came here, I don't know why as I didn't talk with him, but I know who did. I will fetch him."

With this, the priest left, and the grey man returned to waiting.

Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:26 pm
Stablehand

"A forboding... It's ironic..."

The chains hanging from the ceiling strike against the metal walls during each passing swing reverberating an extremely loud echo amidst the abnormal silence of these huge halls... The room was rusted, looked abandoned for generations, the ruins of a slave pen that once belonged to a magnificent kingdom... Armand closed his eyes and kneeled in the middle of the room... The picture-isk element of his imagination detailed what once was down to even the flying birds that populated the burnt forest surrounding the area... But none of that could be seen within this prison, easily and unmistakenably the area used for torture... The huge hooks attatched to some of the chains gave them extra momentum as they banged against the hollow walls like a living creature trying to leave this place, scared of what they had seen in the past...

"What is, my lord?" came a voice from the adjacent hallway as the speaker appeared in the doorway moments afterwards, accidently bumping a few chains causing them to swing again...

Armand reached for his right hand and grasped the leather belt tightly wrapped around the palm... He paused and smirked as he opened his eyes revealing his bright yellow eyes to the room, he turned his head torwards the doorway...
"This room, Korfex... Used for the gruesome torture of those that followed Isonian faith... Will now become my throne room where I'll re-enact such torture on the other faiths through war plans..."

Korfex blinked a second and looked around dodging chains the best he could before reaching Armand's side... He kneeled down beside him, brushing the dirt from the floor before taking his final rest... His advisory garment was more extravagant than what most rulers wore, expecially Armand, colored in an ice blue and riddled with complex weaving with bloodstones the size of feet over top of the breast giving it the perfection of elegance without overdoing it... "But, in all forgiveness my lord, I don't think-"

At that time, Armand raised his right hand in front of his face with his left hand still clinging onto the strapping, at the site of this, Korfex rose and left the room without a word... The chains had stopped swinging, there was no sound... Armand put both knees on the cold floor and braced himself... He pulled the leather strap up his arm keeping his palm open while a roaring of thousands of demons filled the halls... The chains hanging, as if feeling outdone, began swinging relentlessly, the ones with huge hooks began leaving dents in the metal walls... Armand grasped his right hand with all of his might and began to push the hand down to the floor, using the last push with his body weight, he succeeded... It quickly became silent again, as if nothing had happened, the chains acted as if they weren't disturbed for centuries and there was no sound from the hallway that bore an open door from which Korfex walked... Armand closed his eyes and started mumbling in a strange arcane tongue...

"Elest amist korist decadorium" he whispered under his breath while still pushing his weight on his hand which was palm down against the floor... The metal surrounding him started creaking as if under severe strain, then seconds later the roof was ripped from it's hinges and vanished out of sight taking the dangling chains with it... The sky was dark above, swirling with blackened clouds high up above... Although frightening, it was moving as if inviting anyone to join it, lightning flashed off to the sides and thunder roared as a huge tree off to the right fell against the decaying stone platforms that surrounded the area shaking the ground in it's wake... The walls began to fall slowly, stopping in a slope, revealing the other surrounding rooms who's walls shook as if they saw what happened to the roof and feared such a fate...

"Vertrus... TRECLUM!" Dark blue glowing lines began to emerge from all corners of Armand's hand and they traveled to the edges of the sloped walls circling the room and throbing as if they were veins connected to Armand's hand like a heart... His hand began turning immensely pale and blue as time passed, noticably from the wrist down only... He started to stand up as the throbbing of the blue arcane lines started to increase in speed, the walls shook even more violently as the roof of the other rooms began to raise in a slope where the roof of the room Armand was in appeared yet again and laid upon them, dropping a few of the attatched chains to the floor beside Armand in the impact and strain raining metal... Armand pulled his hand higher in the air the blue throbbing 'vein' stretched and slithered around on the floor at the action trying to excape his grasp... A strange icy mist swirled around the line from his hand to where it touched the floor and the roaring continued to grow in vulgar ferociousness...

In one quick movement, Armand wrapped the strap around his palm again and dropped to the floor exhausted as all the sounds suddenly ceased, from the hallway Korfex ran to his side and drapped Armand's arm across his shoulder... Armand's hand began to regain it's color, what little there was, and in between deep, quick breath's he spoke

"Welcome... To... My New... Kingdom... Kor... I never was... Good at... Home decoration..."

Catching his breath finally, Armand turned to Korfex

"Get the slaves to finish contruction, and hang the Ronin banner at the gates as soon as they arrive from Yoshimutsu... Take me to the Ronin city that was mentioned in Yoshimutsu's letter, it would seem I have some people to meet..."

Walking torwards the exit out into the moonlight, Korfex carried Armand refusing to let him stop... He needed to feed, Korfex knew he had been drained substantially...

- RONIN -[/center]

Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:22 pm
Stablehand

The grey man waited again. It felt like a long time, but couldn't have been more than 30 minutes before another priest entered.

"You're the man looking for Go Seigen?"

"Yes, I am. I was told he came here when the Ronin disbanded. They have reformed, and I've been asked to find him, and invite him to return".

"He came here looking for spiritual guidance, he was looking for peace. I referred him to the Prophetess at the Temple of Issonia. Do you know where to find it?"

"Yes, I do. Thank you very much, I will continue my search there."

With this, the priest turned and left, and the grey man also headed out -- stopping at the entrance to deposit a small gift for Isonia, a few gold marks.

"By Darden's Bowl", he thought, "travelling after all". He did not like leaving Imhabia -- he lived in and was of the city, and did not feel comfortable outside the city. Well, there was little to do but return, pack, and prepare for a journey. He had expected it when he was given this assignment.

Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Stablehand

The grey man walked back to his home, savouring his last stroll through the streets of Imhabia for a good while. As he walked from the stylish section of uptown where the temple of Isonia trumphant stood, through market areas, to the quiet middle-class residential district in which he lived, he continually adjusted his clothing, his stride, his posture, so that as usual, he passed unnoticed. He did this automatically, without thought, for his thoughts were on his coming journey, planning what to bring, what he might need. A horse for him to ride, a mule for supplies, since he didn't know how long he'd be gone, what maps he could find, food, grain, some weapons, and some money. He contemplated bringing another Ronin along, but decided against it. The lands had become safer since the return of the Ronin and the re-imposition of their law.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:15 am
Stablehand

Once again Sohei found himself seconded to guard detail in Imhabia. Anyone would think Yoshimutsu wanted him out of the way. Speaking of Yoshimutsu, he hadn't been quite himself since the last days of the war with the Regulators and Forge. Sohei recalled how he'd arrived on a sweat lathered horse, it's eyes almost rolling back in it's head with fatigue he'd driven it so hard. And the way he threw himself into battle...

Sohei shook his head at the memory. Never before had he seen his Jo-nin fight with such....savagery. Typically he fought with the precision of his training, kensei, sword saint... But not that day; he fought in a style he'd only seen before rarely, and that referred to as kiritateru a slashing style. Only his natural agility and reflexes had saved him at least twice that Sohei had seen...

But nonetheless, Yoshimutsu had lived, and through a following war with the Dardenites, no less. All that was in the past now, and Sohei was on a sweep with a company of heavy infantry rooting out the more overt sympathizers of both Foret and Darden throughout the city of Imhabia.

So far things were going slowly. None of the leads they'd been given had panned out, save an old crone who forked some arcane sigils at them with her fingers and who could have been a Foret spy, but no-one, not even the mages they'd called for could understand a word of what she said, so they'd merely relocated her to the fountain district.

Still, surely there had to be something or someone of interest through the city...it was just a matter of time.

~Ronin~[/center]

Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:09 am
Stablehand

Thargon stepped out of the alleyway, wiping blood from his katana with a rag as he continued on towards the Imhabia Guard headquarters. He had been returning from a few drinks at the Dead Barnabite, a bar popular amongst the city's soldiers and guards.

Along the way he had decided to cut through a few alleyways. In one of those a trio of Nightdragon gang members had attempted to slay and rob him. Nightdragons are not known for their intellect (they are generally comparable to oxen, both in body and mind), but these must have been dim even by the gang's feeble standard.

A Ronin officer armed with daisho is capable of dealing with as many a halfdozen Nightdragons armed with knives and clubs with little danger. Most of the Nightdragons knew this as well and while they were willing to try and kill a lone Ronin if they think they can manage it, they usually only try with a huge advantage of numbers.

Thargon finshed wiping off the blood, and threw the rag into a rubbish heap as he neared the gates. He returned the guard's salute as he headed up to the walk to the main building, looking forward to sleep.

Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:57 pm
Stablehand

Lucien stood at the bow of the Stormrider as the ship sailed into Imhabia's bay. It had been a profitable voyage. He had been able to several exotic spices, some rare gemstones and other goods difficult to obtain in Ronin lands, all at a reasonable price.

The return voyage had been the best part. Lucien turned and looked back at the two prize ships following Stormrider in. The first had been an unguilded darden merchantship. Unfortunately for them, unguilded meant there would be no concern for reprecussions upon an enterprising privateer like Lucien. Most of the crew was alive and healthy, and would be let go with enough silver to get them out of Ronin territory if they so desired. By land that is, the ship would join the small merchant fleet owned by Lord Norgarth.

The second vessel had few of it's former crew surviving. It had been a pirateship who, upon spying what they took to be a pair of trading ships had moved to attack. Too late they discovered that they had bitten off more than they could chew, and swiftly found themselves being boarded by Stormrider's marines, with Lucien himself in the van.

The pirate vessel (once it was repaired) would be given to the Ronin Navy.

Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:21 pm
Stablehand

He stood beside WuJen in the latter's chambers, an indigo globe glowing with a dull light in an ornate claw shaped holder atop a granite slab that served as a workbench.

What is it, WuJen-san? Yoshimutsu queried.

It is a shuuran-dama, watashi no Jo-nin. It enables me to see far without leaving this room, and without expending much of my own energies. It is unreliable though, and rarely shows me what I want to see. On occasions though, it has enabled me to witness very important happenings.

Yoshimutsu frowned, pensive. He moved over and bent to touch the shimmering sphere.

Watashi no Jo-nin! You mustn't!

Hrm? Oh, of course not, I wasn't...I mean. He shook his head briefly as if to clear it. Almost as if he was being drawn to it.

Best only you utilize this, WuJen-san. But would you be able to show me how it works and what it can do?

By your will, watashi no Jo-nin. WuJen bowed to Yoshimutsu and commenced a short incantation, the indigo globe flaring brightly then settling into what looked like an image of Imhabia harbour.

Yoshimutsu craned his neck to see the image inside the ball.
By Isonia, that's Stormrider! he exclaimed, discerning the privateer vessel of Lucien Starshadow entering the harbour. He laughed as he spied two vessels in drogue. And he's captured two prizes! A merchanter and a corsair. Very good! Thank you WuJen, I must be off to send someone to the harbour to congratulate Lucien.

Bowing to the shukenja he exited quickly and went looking for a retainer.

Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:03 am
Stablehand

As night began to engulf the land in it's arms, cradled like the arms of a mother with fingers wrapped in between buildings, Armand ventured into Imhabia once more as the sun weigned, wailing it's last breathes this evening in vibrant reds over the tops of distant mountain peaks... He snuck quietly from his kingdom early in order to avoid the company of Korfex, mostly because because he was just sight seeing, not seeking... From his last trip to the Fiddler Crab, he found it best if not fruitful to just let those of Ronin seek him if they found the need other than actively seeking them amidst this 'maze of stone and flesh' as Korfex had called it and what a brilliant explanation...

As he stepped closer to the entranceways of the city itself, the sounds of cheering of a rather large group could be heard faintly from the side of the city walls... Random, but seemed for reasons... Then as if a wake up call from the obvious, a finely crafted blade came raining from the skies beside him within inches of his feet stabbing the ground in an elegant upright position as the cheers returned...
"...A pit fight?" He asked himself just as the sounds of metal clinging together answered in a swift return...

Armand smirked as he closed his eyes, sliding an arm to his shoulder and flicking a finger at a tightly wrapped leather strap bound across his back and chest... With no effort he pulled the strap back enough to see underneath it out of the corner of his eye... The black wood shimmered underneath the rays of the dying sun, glossed to an untouchable shine...

"...This should prove interesting" he breathed as he walked past the entrance...

- RONIN -[/center]

Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:57 pm
Stablehand

Upon reaching the group of nameless bored peasants that were sharpening their skills illegally just outside the grounds of Imhabia, they all turned a glance his direction... Either to see he wasn't patrol or to see if he was an aggressor, both of which Armand wasn't but could have possibly been... The sword fight that was taking place finished as a thin female women caused the opposing brutish man to submit with a dagger to his throat as he breathed heavily on one knee... A glimmer flickered in Armand's eye, he reached with his right hand to the black leather strap across his left shoulder... Slowly... The crowd surrounding the combatants parted like waves, like water, moving quietly to Armand and around him detailing the battle area as the man who lost previously was ushered back into those waves where he would watch the fights from now on...

Grasping the strap, he opened his left hand that hovered at his waist, and pulled the leather strap down fiercely... The black wooden casing dropped, as if on an invisible string, into his left hand... As if a cue, the female charged Armand fiercely, time slowed as he examined her, her short white hair was weightless at the will of the wind, shining into Armand's eyes occassionally in glorious splender... Did she turn her hair white as an advantage in battle, or was there a choice in it at all? A question he'd surely have to ask her eventually, he thought to himself as he jumped quickly to his left narrowly missing the woman's dagger... Armand stood still again with the wood casing still holding his blade in his left hand and his long blackened hair finally achieving it's resting point masking his vibrant yellow eyes... The woman took a few steps back slowly, then flourished her free hand which revealed yet another dagger that she pulled from behind her hip...

"Making up for something with numbers?" He questioned her curiously with a smirk as he flicked his left thumb against the hilt of his blade causing it to slide out by an inch... "You have both of your hands occupied, I didn't want my hand to feel left out" she replied with a small chuckle before charging again, her outfit danced as she approached... Her skin was surprisingly pale, although mostly covered by the dull blue chain she wore, it suited her ice colored eyes perfectly...

At the last second, Armand performed the 'Nukitsuke' to draw his blade, clashing it against one dagger and raising his case slightly in order to put a stop to the other... She pushed against him hard in the clenching, but obviously had no idea what exactly she was up against despite the incredible vampire numbers that resided within Maxim...

She closed her eyes and gritted her teeth, and Armand quickly sidestepped and turned to her side while she couldn't see it... The tactic succeeded as she stumbled forwards slightly, all that power used against her now that there was nothing in front of her to push that strength on... Reeling, she regained her footing with a small slide as the dirt raised into the air in protest...

With a quick flick, the blur of metal could be seen out of the corner of her eye giving off a sparkle as she gasped, jumping away in defense before quickly regaining her stature and composure when finding out that the slice completely missed her...
"Aiming, not something you've practiced?" she spoke in gloating... Armand merely smiled, an actual smile although not enough to give away his nature... He stood, holding the sheathed sword in his left hand while bringing his right hand to his face, covering his eyes... The girl gave off a showing of confusion in her expression before the dull blue chain shirt she was drapped in fell to the ground at her feet revealing all of her flesh, quickly grabbing it and covering herself up... Appalled and speachless, she growled at Armand who was still covering his eyes, smirking at the heckling of the by standers letting know their approval of the show... Armand turned his head slightly to the side as if looking over his shoulder but yet keeping his hand in front of his eyes... He sniffed the air like an animal...

"The patrols come..." he whispered as he quietly stepped sideways, disappearing in the crowd before several men adorned in complete sets of plate armor showed up, pushing the crowd away behind the female detailing that everyone here were to get about their business before they were fined... Armand watched from a distance as she tied a piece of cloth over the severed piece of chain as she walked through the imhabia entrance, grimacing in a soul piercing glare over her shoulder...

Footsteps came from behind Armand as he stayed kneeled on a rock at the edge of the nearby forest... Footsteps that 'tried' not to break fallen limbs or disturb dying leaves but doing so anyway...
"Who is she, Korfex?" Armand asked with a tinge of interest... The sounds stopped, "I don't know, my Lord" came from Korfex' mouth soon after...

"Find out..."

- RONIN -[/center]

Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:30 pm
Stablehand

Captain Gernak came down the ramp from the Stormrider, having made sure all was in order. Lucien may be owner of the Stormrider, but he made sure to hire an experienced captain and was smart enough to listen to him.

Standing on the dock was Lucien who had disembarked earlier. The halfelf was reading a parchment with a courier's seal on it, but he had a rather puzzled look on his face. The rogue looked up at Gernak's approach and gestured with the message.
A courier was waiting with this as I reached the peir, it's from the Jo-nin himself, congradulating us on the capture of the merchantman and the corsair. How in the hells did he know?

Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:57 pm
Stablehand

Music blared from one of the gai-jin frequented pubs in the wharf section of Imhabia, a mixture of raucous singing and the jangly plink of a battered piano. The tramp of the studded sandals of the heavy infantry company that Sohei commanded formed a strange counterpoint as the patrol passed.

A rather dour, moreso than usual, Sohei surveyed the drab walls of the warehouses and occasional gaming club or pub, looking for anything to break the monotony of this patrol.

Even the Nightdragons were quiet, reports having come in that they'd been engaged in a turf battle in Toombs, without a clear victor. Messy. He'd been glad not to be involved in that one, even though boredom was the current alternative.

The trouble with being capable of dealing with anything human, or humanoid, was that nothing was prepared to be conspicuous enough to warrant dealing with. And while it was a wonderful plan of Yoshimutsu's to keep trouble down (and trouble tended to make itself scarce for a radius of almost an entire quarter with Sohei's company patrolling) it simply seemed to serve to drive it either underground or to another sector. Which meant endless patrols in different parts of Imhabia.

Hefting his naginata again he signalled his troop to wheel left into a darker section. Maybe...just maybe, something would happen.

~Ronin~[/center]

Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:28 am
Stablehand

Thargon sat at his desk in his office. The herbal tea he was drinking seemed to be helping lessen his headache, for which he was thankful. Since the collapse of the Ronin he had ben suffering though frequent headaches as he struggled to maintain order in Imhabia.

One bit of good news had arrived today at least. Lord Norgarth's agents had found Lady Moonflower, although she was appearantly ill and being tended to by the Lady Xyen.

In the city itself, frequent patrols by the city watch and the Ronin garrison kept crime down for the most part. Toombs was nearly an independent kingdom, little of Thargon's authority extended there. The Nightdragons were actually shinking somewhat. With the Ronin gone the city's fortunes were waning, and so there were few newcomers to fill their ranks. Plus the crimelords of Toombs hadn't forgot the Dragon's attempt to muscle in on their turf and had been killing off any gangmembers that got within bowshot of the Toombs wall. It had only taken the deaths of two dozen Dragons (and over a score of the members of lesser gangs) to teach the gangs to avoid that area. Of course, the Dragons swarmed any member of the Toombs cartels they found outside of the walls. Maybe that gang war wasn't so much over as reduced to constant skirmishing.

A few pirates had tried to move into the area soon after the collapse of the Ronin, but had swiftly learned that the Ronin navy was still in good shape and still patrolling.

Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:54 pm
Stablehand

Lucien was wandering the dock area of Imhabia. The damage from the great storm that struck just before All Hollows Eve had been repaired and the wreakage removed. Luckily the Stormrider had been far out to see and had come through the storm in good shape, living up to her name. Supplies were being loaded as the ship prepared to go out and patrol the local seas. TGA had declared on Isonia as a whole, and while Crossing and Imhabia were minor targets without the presence of the Ronin, they were still mainly populated by followers of the Goddess. The armies of both cities were on high alert.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:23 am