It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:15 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Mama told me not to go - (Silence) 
Stablehand

Post Mama told me not to go - (Silence)
[center]Previously[/center]

Despite it being a summers morning, there was a slight chill in the air when Theirn awoke. He lay there for a bit, listening to the birds greeting the day with song before opening his eyes. He was alone. His new friends Goth and Wes had disappeared during the night.

Theirn's first thought was that perhaps meeting them and the dryads had been nothing more than a dream. Rolling over to gain his feet he felt something sharp poke him in the side. When he pulled it out to check, it was the amulet that Goth had given him. Meeting them had not been a dream.

For a long while Theirn sat with his back against a tree and his knees drawn tight against his chest feeling sorry for himself. Yesterday afternoon he had been on top of the world. Walking down the road with two new friends, searching for adventure. Everything seemed wonderful. Now, he was alone.

Finally Theirn stood, lifted his pack and squared his shoulders. He had left home searching for adventure, and that was what he was going to do. Even if he had to go it alone.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:10 pm
Stablehand

Ellyn had been out looking for some herbs and other things to work on her spells, when she heard a noise. She stepped into the shadows and watched.
A man came walking down the path, he had a backpack of sorts on his back and he looked like he was on some kind of a mission.

Stepping out of the shadows, Ellyn spoke to the man. She watched as he jumped a little being startled that anyone was here.

Hi there, and what brings you across my path? There isn't usually anyone in this parts. Are you lost or just passing thru? And isn't a little dangerous to be out walking by yourself in unkown land?

Being very curious about this man, Ellyn wanted to make sure he wasn't some sort of spy or thief. She had to keep her guard up for those types. If he was just an innocent, then maybe she could help him find what he was looking for.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Stablehand

To say Theirn was startled was an understatement. Stunned was a much more apt term. Stunned in part because he had not expected to see anyone along this path, especially not an elf. Mostly though he was stunned because she was flat out drop dead gorgeous.

This was the fourth time in the last two days that Theirn had encountered a beautiful woman. Of course two of them were dryads so they didn't really count. And the first one, the serving girl at The Pilgrim's Blessing, didn't seem nearly so pretty now.

As expected the young man's tounge was tied and he tripped all over himself before spluttering "You're an elf aren't you? Without waiting for her to respond he continued. "Wow! Imagine meeting two elves in as many days. My little brother Caleb will never believe this. Wait! Maybe you know the other elf. He is my friend. Or, at least I thought he was. He and Wes left last night without saying good bye. His name is Goth. Do you know him?"

The words had fallen like a torrent from his mouth, but now he was quiet, eagerly awaiting a reply.

Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:49 pm
Stablehand

The sun was bright and the birds were singing. In short it was a beautiful morning. Shaman Stones stood quietly, leaning on his staff, enjoying the moment. He had come out this way so early on a fine morning looking for various plants to use in his healing basalms.

It was just off of the south side of the road that he saw them, a most unlikely pair. A young human male, looking very uncomfortable, and a remarkably pretty elven female.

Well hello! Hail and well met, I am known as Shaman Stones. May I have the pleasure of your names?

It was with a broad and open smile that Shaman Stones waited for an answer.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:42 pm
Stablehand

Theirn had just gotten over his suprise when a man's voice spoke from behind him and startled him anew. The voice was strong, pleasant, soothing. In an instant Theirn felt at ease. For some unknown reason he trusted this newcomer, Shaman Stones. Turning to him he replied.

Hello sir. My name is Theirn and I am an adventurer. Or, at least, I would like to be. I don't know the pretty elf's name. Though I think she was just about to tell me when you walked up. Now she can tell both of us at the same time.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:28 pm
Stablehand

The young boy seemed a pleasant enough sort. His reply was quick and he seemed open and genuinely friendly. Without thinking Shaman Stones favored him with an even broader smile. The elf, who was slower to respond, seemed somewhat guarded. Most likely this was because she had seen much more of the world than Theirn and had learned that meeting new people was not always a benign experience. Despite the guarded look on her face she seemed as though she might be a nice person. There was a softness in her eyes that showed she was a decent and good person.

Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:40 am
Stablehand

Ellyn smiled at the young man, and was about to tell him her name when she heard a male voice. She smiled to herself. She knew that voice. Turning she saw Shaman Stones.

Theirn, my name is Ellyn, and yes I am an Elf. But I am sorry I don't seem to know your friend you spoke of. And Shamn Stones, I'm surprised to see you out and about in this neck of the woods. What brings you out here.It has been many moons since I have seen you. You may have forgoten me. You see Theirn, I know Shaman Stones. Him and I have fought side-by-side many times. He is a very powerful warrior and shaman. So now what brings you this way, did you say.

Smiling at the young man, she knew he was having trouble talking. He seemed tongue tied. Which she thought was cute. It had been a long time since she had seen someone so innocent. She could hardly wait to see what he was up to.

Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:46 pm
Stablehand

Ah, Ellyn, I did not recognize you. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Though it has, after all, been quite a long time since we last saw each other. Well, long in human years anyway.

Shaman Stones' eyes twinkled merrily as looked at Ellyn. It was true that they had fought side by side long ago. Hard fought battles in the name of Foret and they had given better than they had received.

Milady, it is good to see you once again. You are looking remarkably well. As for my purpose here, I am searching for more than a few herbs. It would seem that some of the plant life in this region have remarkable healing properties.

Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:17 pm
Stablehand

Turning to Theirn said with a smile, Well met young Theirn. It is most certainly a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Pointing to the beautiful elven woman who seemed to be a bit preoccupied at the moment Shaman Stones continued. As it seems that milady Ellyn is a bit busy at the moment shall we move a short distance a way so as to continue our talk? Tis only polite that we give her privacy. And, she can come find us when she is ready.

Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:31 pm
Stablehand

Noticing Shaman Stones and Theirn stepping away, Ellyn finished what she was doing. She had gotten what she needed, and marked it where she wouldnt' forget. Stepping up to the two of them, she made her apologies.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to ignore you both. I had been looking for a certain herb and finally found it and it had to be cut a certain way and then put up a certain way. And your very right Shamon Stones, there is a wealth of plants here with healing powers. Some of the healing powers these plants hold is totally amazing. So now, Theirn, tell us more about yourself. You have our undivided attention.

Ellyn smiled at the young man. She thought maybe he would make a nice student for Shaman Stones. She knew that he often took others in as students and taught them the way of healing. Or maybe he was just looking for himself in the wilderness. She had known several young men that took out on treks to find their true innerself. She was anxious to see what this young man was looking for in his life.

Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:26 pm
Stablehand

Theirn bowed his head a bit and shuffled his feet as he replied to the attractive elf.

Ummm. Well miss Ellyn, there really isn't much to tell about myself. I grew up thataway. Theirn pointed with his thumb back somewhere over his right shoulder. Most of the time it was just me and my little brother Caleb and my mom. My dad had been away serving in the army. He was a brave man, but he died when I was little. Anyway, after a while I knew that I just couldn't stay on our farm so I decided to go adventuring.

I met Wes and Goth, he's an elf just like you. Well, not really just like you. I mean, he is an elf and all, but he isn't pretty. Umm. I mean, he is a guy and not a lady like you.
Theirn stopped speaking as he felt the rush of blood to his head, turning his face a bright shade of red.

Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:09 pm
Stablehand

Shaman Stones could feel Theirn's discomfort even before his face started glowing. Taking a step forward he patted the young man on his back. It's okay young man. Do not worry about it. Many have had that same reaction when encountering Lady Ellyn's beauty.

It was with a wink to the lady that he said Milady, you have to quit being so hard on all the young men. It does tend to make it rough for them.

Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:49 pm
Stablehand

It was not a rare sight to see the old wizard taking a walk in the morning. In fact, it was indeed rare to not see him doing such. But this morning, he had many things on his mind, and as he was walking, time escaped him. He walked for hours, not really realizing just how long it had been until a peculiar sight caught his eyes. A few travellers up ahead stood in a pleasent conversation. He chuckled to himself. Both of the men seem entranced by the elf's beauty. He laughed, and made his way towards them, careful not to make himself seem like a threat to the gang.

Finally, he was within speaking distance, and he began.

You really must excuse me, I couldn't help myself when I saw this gang here. I am K'thular, Wizard of Silence.

Then he caught the gaze of the elf, and immediately recognized her.

Lady Ellyn, so nice to see you again. Who might your friends be?

For without it, the world would be only noisy chaos.

Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:13 pm
Stablehand

Well Kthular it very nice to see you again too. Surely you remember Shaman Stones. He is one of Silence's most noble warriors. And this is our new friend Theirn. He seems to be exploring, to find himself. What brings you this far out in the forest? I think I have only seen you once or twice this far out. Shaman Stones and I were discussing the wonderful healing plant life in this area.

Smiling at Shaman Stones, Ellyn sometimes was embarassed how some reacted to her looks. But sometimes she thought it was funny how some got tongue tied trying to talk to her and look at her at the same time.

Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:22 am
Stablehand

Turning towards the newcomer's voice Shaman Stones saw that he looked to be an interesting sort of fellow, in an exotic way. Most certainly different than most that are found in this area. His voice had a certain undertone that was decidedly different than the norm. Perhaps from the far south, Shaman Stones could not be certain. His words though seemed friendly enough and he knew Ellyn. This was good enough for the Shaman to at least begin the conversation with a fair amount of trust.

Thank you milady for such a fine introduction. I know the name K'thular, but we have never had the fortune to meet. It is good to make your acquaintance fine sir. It is truly my pleasure.

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:35 pm
Stablehand

Turning to the newcomer Theirn put on his best smile and stepped forward. After waiting his turn he extending his hand in friendship. They shook and Theirn began to speak. Though gush words might have been a more appropriate term.

Hello. My name is Theirn. Oh, but you already know that because Lady Ellyn told you. Ummm. You wouldn't happen to know Goth would you? He is an elf like Lady Ellyn. Well, not really like lady Ellyn. I mean he is an elf and all, but he is a guy like me. Err. Not like me. I mean, I'm human and he is an elf. But he is really nice. Do you know him?

Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:53 pm
Stablehand

Phad had been at the Silence Inn, he had seen that UD's wings were doing the same as his own. They both were losing feathers fast, and he was afraid that soon, his wings would be gone. He decided to go to the kingdom of Ellyn Affrond. She was the sorceress of their guild, and she had been very close to the Angels of INCA. It was told that she also had very powerful healing powers, just maybe she could heal his wings.

Phad had gotten to Ellyns kingdom and was directed to the woods, where Ellyn was out collecting herbs, to make medicines out of. Phad had went a ways when he heard some voices. One he knew well, for it was Ellyns voice. He also thought he recognized another, it sounded like Shamon Stones. Walking farther, Phad got to where everyone was standing. Sure enough, the two voices he recognized was there, but there was also more people.

Ellyn, I finally found you. And my goodness, is this Shaman Stones I see? And who are your friends Ellyn? I had came to your kingdom, to talk to you about some medicine, but I see your out having a nice visit with your friends.

Phad waited to see, whom the other people were that was with Ellyn and Shaman Stones. He wondered if something exciting was going on. He had been bored lately. Maybe they were going to go on a quest or something. He could sure use a little excitement.

Sart, peace eternally

Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:55 pm
Stablehand

Seeing the newcomer warmed the Shaman's heart. It was Phadraig. A good and noble friend who Shaman Stones had fought alongside during countless battles. Seeing his friend brought a broad smile to his face.

Phadraig! My well traveled friend, it is so very good to see you again. It has been far too long since our paths crossed. You mentioned coming to Ellyn's realm to talk medicine. Is there perhaps anything I can do to help?

Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:44 pm
Stablehand

Another of the groups old friends showed up and Theirn was feeling largely ignored. Several times he had asked members of this group if they knew of his friend Goth. Apparently they didn't, or else, for some odd reason, they choose not to answer him. Either way he was no closer to finding Goth and Wes then he was when he woke up this morning. Perhaps this newcomer knew of Goth, but Theirn decided not to ask him. After all, having his question ignored three times in one morning was hint enough even for Theirn to stop asking.

Turning to Phadraig he put on the brightest smile he could muster and stuck out his hand.

Hello sir. It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Theirn.

Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:32 pm
Stablehand

Before Phadraig even had a chance to answer something tickled the back of Shaman Stone's mind. For a brief moment he could not remember what it was. The moment passed quickly and he remembered. Theirn had asked him a question and the Shaman had unintentionally ignored him. The young boy had inquired after his elven friend, and though Shaman Stones did not know of him, he figured it might could be a good idea to help young Theirn and look for the elf named Goth.

I am so very sorry Theirn. I just realized that I had not answered your question. Please accept my apology for my unintentional rudeness. Unfortunately the answer to your question is no. I do not know Goth. However, what if after the business is concluded here I help you look for him?

Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:53 pm
Stablehand

Ellyn was surprised when Phad had walked up. She had seen him at the inn. When he had said he was coming to find her for some medicine, she knew what he was wanting. And she wasn't sure if she could do anything for him. She wasn't even sure Shamon Stones could do anything for him. For what he was going to ask, was very difficult.

Phad, it is good to see you, and I would be glad to help you with your medicine needs. I have a feeling, what your going to ask. I can try to do what I can for you. We may need Shamon Stones help too. But I don't think we can promise anything.

And Theirn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude either. I don't recall knowing your friend Goth, but like Shamon Stones said, I'm sure we could try to help you find him.

Out of the corner of her eye, Ellyn saw a few more feathers fall off Phad's wings and she knew to herself, that was what he had came to her for.

Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:59 am
Stablehand

Phad had been glad to see Ellyn. She was standing there with Shamon Stones and others. But it really kind of bothered him, when she told him, that she knew why he was there. He knew she had the gift of insight, but this time, it might not be a good thing. The look on her face, didn't give him a whole lot of hope.

Ellyn, I figure you do know why I am here. I need something to help me keep my wings. They are losing their feathers, and they are also starting to hurt. Also they are almost useless, when I try to use them. Maybe with you and Shamon Stones, the both of you could come up with something. I know both of you are powerful healers. And the two of you are the best with the potions made of plants. Please can you at least try? I have to do something.

Looking at Ellyn, then at Shamon Stones, he could only hope that the two of them could figure out something. He had heard that UD had left to find out where the other Angels of INCA had gone. In his heart, Phad knew where they went, and he really didn't want to follow that path. He wanted to remain, with his wings intact.

Sart, peace eternally

Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:58 am
Stablehand

When he got a really good look at Phadraig tears filled his eyes. His wings, which had once been so strong and so proud now were weak and faltering. The feathers which had once been iridescent in their glory were now dull and lifeless. Shaman Stones could see that pain filled Phadraig's eyes as well. Surely that pain was a combination of physical pain, but most likely a majority of the pain was from the loss of the divine hand that, until recently, touched all INCAN's.

My friend, I do not know that there is much that either Ellyn or myself can do. Most certainly we can staunch the pain. At least the part of the pain that is being caused in the physical realm, but as for the spiritual pain there is not much that we can do other than be supportive. The loss that you and the other INCAN's that remained in the material world are experiencing is far greater than any mortal can salve. Ellyn or myself will mix up a remedy to help with the physical pain. My advice for the spiritual pain is prayer and meditation.

Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:07 pm
Stablehand

Theirn's eyes flew wide when he really saw Phadraig for the first time. He had assumed that this was a man much like any other. Then he saw the wings. They were incredible. Beautiful. Mind numbing in their strangeness and glory. It baffled Theirn to hear the three of them talk about the wings as damaged and useless. To Theirn they were simply incredible. Never in his life had he imagined that a man, or at least someone who appeared to be a man, could have wings.

To Theirn's learning only Angels had wings. Perhaps Phadraig was an Angel. But then, if he was an Angel, why would he need help from Ellyn or Shaman Stones. It seemed that each day since he left home he was learning and experiencing new things. Though some things were much to unreal to be believed. As this appeared to be one of those things Theirn wisely kept his mouth shut.

Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:18 pm
Stablehand

Without a word Shaman Stones turned from the group and made his way a short distance away. He stopped in the shade beneath a group of old heavily foliaged trees. Bending down he selected two or three mushrooms. Putting them in a pouch at his waist he continued wandering away from group, head bowed staring at the ground. Several more times he stopped and each time he placed an item, or items in his pouch.

Making his way to a small nearby stream he lay the items he had collected on a flat rock. Taking a small marble pestle from beneath his robes Shaman Stones ground the items together. Using water from the stream he turned it into a thick sickly white paste. After he completed his task he wrapped the substance in a thick green leaf and returned to the group.

Phadraig my friend, I know this isn't much, but it should help deaden the physical pain. Use it sparingly because it is rather potent. Find me later and I shall make another batch for you.

Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:34 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next