It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:36 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 A carriage o' Tricks (NV/semi-open) 
Stablehand

Zomb finally stirs and though a bit disoriented he appears in decent health. The crack ribs are beginning to ache horribly now. My armor is bent in places, but it is still functional. I strip my armor off to check my wounds. There is a horrible bruise, which when rubbed by the armor causes extreme pain. All else seems fine. A cracked rib or two at the worse. I retreive extra padding from my pack horse and a wrapping. With the wounds wrapped and the extra padding under my armor I should be able to function quite well. In all our wounds do not seem bad for the foes we fought.

Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:34 am
Stablehand

Zomb raised slowly and tried to stand but all in vain. He fell to the ground like a bag of potatoes. When he hit the ground all his injuries reminded him of themselfes. But who had they fought? This couldn't have been some regular scum. If they had two giants with them? He really hadn't expected those to enter the battle.

"James, what are our losses? I think all of us were suprised of the resistance we met further in the woods... uhh... can you help me up? I atleast want to stand and see those scums."

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:01 pm
Stablehand

His dagggers slid easily out of their leather pouches as he stalked the sole survivor of the battle. Much to his surprise, the giants had taken a worrisome toll on his best fighters and magicians but they had succumbed to the steel massage that they deserved. It would require but a short rest to get them back to full fitness.

The single member of The Rabble left alive was well on the way to making an exit from the deadly scene when TuT caught up with him. The rendegade slowed to a standstill when he felt the cold steel pressing against his panicing jugular vein.

You have attempted to waylay my friends through the use of this ambush. There is more to this than meets the eye - tell us about your motives. And by way of encouragement for sharing this tale with us -you have but one minute of your life to live - should you remain silent.

You can start by telling us your name AND the name of your master !!

Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:54 am
Stablehand

"Well zomb, I would have to assume they were waiting for us. I don't think for an instant that they were normal brigands. For if such formidable thiefs were at work in this area I am sure we would have been made aware."

This being said as I walk towards Zomb. I bend somewhat stiffly To help Zomb to his feet. There is a moment where Zomb appears a bit dizzy; however that passes quickly.

"Whoa Zomb steady. Are you sure you are ready for a bit of sluething" I become aware something is amiss. Then I realize Tut is missing. Taking a quick scan of the area I do not see him closeby. "Zomb, let's find Tut."

Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:28 pm
Stablehand

With Zomb on his feet I start searching for Tut. It is not long before I notice him with a prisoner and my concern lessens. I retreive my pack horse and my supplies. I am a warrior and not adept at tracking as many in my group. While they survey the area and perhaps find a few clues I will prepare a camp. Wth many injured and all weary from this fight a bit of nurishment seemed in order. First though I pick a suitable site near the small stream to pitch my tent. Then I construct a generous fire pit, and begin assembling the makings of a stew for those in need. I may not be the best tracker, but I am an expert at the art of campfire cooking. It is not long before I have the semblance of a descent camp erected and the aroma of a meal begins to waft under trees limbs.

Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:49 pm
Stablehand

With the help of James, Zomb got up and wandered around the battlefield. He bent down over one of the enemies to find some clue of who they were working for, but nothing... no banner.. nothing.. Suddenly a scream ripped through the air. He raised and went to it, there stood James spectating TuT who had found an enemy that was alive.

"So what do we have here. A potential information source maybe?" he said and gave a small grin.

TuT had his sword right over the mans throat so he wouldn't move an inch.

"Whats your name? Who sent you? You know were gonna get this information out of you because our injuries isn't something we could oversee with. Too bad for you..." he smiled as he stepped closer the lying man.

Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:59 am
Stablehand

Artur felt the cold steel pressing into his flesh and knew it was over. He had seen the savagery of invaders in his homeland, he had seen his wife and daughter raped and killed. He could not allow these evil bastards to get any further. If he could not warn the others, then he would do what he must to stop them himself.
He could feel the coldness of his stone amulet pressing into his skin. The vengence amulet he had bought to avenge his family had become useless since their murderers had been decimated by a later attack. Now the coldness settled into his skin, and he knew what he had to do.
We are the rabble, we will not be conquered. We will not be oppressed. Where I fall, another will take my place, and another, and another.
He felt his life force draining into the amulet. All the potential of his life, harnessed into one vast destructive force, just as long as he could buy enough time for it to finish. But his captor did not seem best impressed.
I am Artur, sent by the great Lord Daval, to defend our land against your assault. You may have overcome our scout force, but you will be no match for our army. Turn back or be prepared to meet your doom!

Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:56 pm
Stablehand

I stopped for a bit, slowing my breath so that I could hear. Nothing, just the sounds of the forest, I breathed out and leaned heavily against the trunk of the tree. Exhausted. I pulled my tattered cloak tightly around me and shivered slightly. The breeze in the upper branches of the tree's cooling and drying the perspiration on my brow. The fine misty rain had lifted and only a few clouds could be seen scudding across the late noon sky through the foliage.

My stomach growled and I searched the pocket of my cloak for the food I had been collecting earlier. It was then that I realised the state of my cloak. The pocket had been torn from it and all the food was lost. There was little I could do about that except start again. I had three needs. I needed food. I needed warmer clothes. The winter months would soon be upon me and I needed to be away from the Vurumai. Food I could gather again from the forest, it was plentiful if you had the time to search and gather it. Warmer clothes, I didn't know what I was going to do about that and then a thought came to me. Those heathens that had been fighting the Vurumai, they had no need of their cloaks now. But that would take me closer again to those that evoked such painful memories.

Keeper of scrolls, Callineb

Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:19 am
Stablehand

With the meal of a trail stew bubbling cheerily over the fire I begin erecting the tant. It is a large tent, but worth the effort with the extent of the wounds we have sufferred. The task of gathering sufficient fire wood for the evening still needs doing. The ache and fatigue of battle are setting in. I bend stiffly to collect some fire wood. My quest for suitable fuel takes me further from camp. On one such journey I bend to retreive wood and notice small tracks near to the stream. I immediately return to camp to retreive a better tracker. "Zomb, Taff, come see these tracks I have found."

Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:00 am
Stablehand

Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:05 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3