It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:10 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Drunkards Wanted (WoR/Darden) 
Stablehand

Darlax slipped away from his spot at the bar, and made his way quietly over to the one known as Judas. It had been long and long since this one had been seen in the lands of the Warguard. In fact, one of the last times he was seen, was when he stripped off the banner of the Warguard, and took up the banner of the Demonic Reality.

He stepped in close to the figure, and spoke, his voice low and rasping. None other then Judas would hear his words.

"Greetings, betrayer. I've heard whispers of your intentions to retake your place within the ranks of the Warguard. Have you decided that your past transgressions have warrented forgiveness? Do you think that the Warguard is willing to take you back in, after you turned your back on them? It shall certainly be interesting to see the welcome you get..."

Darlax coughed softly as he laughed to himself. He delighted in playing the antagonist, and this one seemed like such a lovely target to prod at...

Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:32 pm
Stablehand

-His eyes kept moving. Never ceasing to rest more than a few seconds on a single person. The effects of the alcohol were starting to make themselves apparent. He felt somewhat lightheaded, and a little ill to the stomach. He never could really handle his dark liquors. He finished off the sniffer of breandy quickly, letting it rest upon the bar to be picked up later. He'd make sure Dove got a good tip. Most everyone was there tonight it seemed, and then some. He couldn't tell how long it had been since they had all been under one roof together. It was somewhat facinating.

Chewing lightly on his lip as his head swam. Blinking slowly, trying to keep focus. This was actually the first fun he'd had in a long time. He'd been working too hard. Things had not been looking good lately, and it was good to not have to worry about those things. His place at the bar was just fine for the time being. But if things got any more crowded, he might have to find his way to a backroom or something. Find some other activity to take up his time.

Rubbing the itch upon the top of his pale nose, his arms reaching over his head to stretch before turning back to the bar. Perhaps once Judas had finished conversing with the other he did not know. She seemed familiar, yet, he could not place her. though they appeared to be quite deep into their conversation. He turned his back to the room, leaning down and resting his head on the bartop. The only thing that seemed stable at the moment. Resting, just for a moment.

A moment later, he was in a open, grassy plain and a light breeze blowing...while in the bar, a loud snore ripped through any silence that might have been lingering-

Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:34 pm
Stablehand

Hearing the mans words, he kept his gaze upon Kira for a moment before turning to the man. Surely you jest, either that or you are unfamiliar with me. I was one of the WarGuard's elite and still remain friends with all there. Your words mean nothing as I dont know you or care to take the time to do so. So my suggestion is to take your senseless ramblings somewhere else. As you can see I am occupied at the moment.

Turning his back to the man he rejoined his conversation with Kira. Turning his back was Judäs' way of showing the man that he had no fear of him or of what he thought he could do. Such were the ways of troublemakers these days. It appeared all were jealous of his open armed acceptance back into the Guard.

Alas Kira, your words ring true. The woman you speak of seems wise beyond means, and he words should be heeded. But I must say, my lust for you grows with each passing moment. I realize we are a couple that could never work as you are one of thr Reality and to be seen romanticly with me would surely spell your demise within the guild. I would not do that to you or expect you to do such a thing for me. Excuse me while I get another drink for us.

Stepping from his chair to the bar he passed the man who tried egging him on. Meeting the mans gaze for a moment, fire shown in his eyes. Perhaps blood would be shed this eve.

Reaching the bar he prodded Attero to rouse him.
Perhaps a room upstairs should be taken by you this eve my friend. You look weary. Mabey you should just get up and have a drink with me instead. But the choice is yours my friend. Feel free to join me at the table if you desire to do so, if not we can speak at a later time.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:53 pm
Stablehand

Kira sat there, looking stunned for a moment, as Judas began to speak to the man who'd come up behind him. Kira had heard the man's voice, but hadn't heard the words he'd spoken to Judas. From the sound of things though, it was clear that the man had said something offensive to Judas. Kira began to flap her leathery wings in ire as she pondered what the man could have said to agitate Judas in such a manner. Her eyes began to glow with a red light as she watched the man behind Judas. She sensed that there might be trouble with him, and she was not going to abandon her friendship with Judas. If aught happened, she'd be in the fray just as fast as Judas would be....perhaps faster.

And then Judas was addressing her again, and she called her thoughts back to what was important. She gazed at him with something akin to amazement as Judas informed her that he desired her. And then reminded her of something which she already knew...that there were those in the lands of Tonin who would not react well to a relationship forming between the two of them. She sat there blinking as Judas excused himself to get them both another drink. Had Judas not revealed his desire to her, she would have gotten up and had a word with the one who'd irritated him. However, Kira's thoughts were not exactly as they would normally be. Judas had said something to her which demanded much thought on her part. It had not been that long ago that he and Eisheth had broken up. Eisheth was her friend. Judas was her friend, even though she found him so handsome and desirable, would an end to her lonliness be worth the potential price? And would that price be fair and reasonable? Or was Judas perhaps just seeking someone to warm his bed in place of Eisheth? Was he in fact simply on the rebound? There were so many questions to be addressed. Kira decided that she would continue her friendship with Judas and see what transpired. One could never tell what the gods had planned for them...the Lord of Chaos, especially. Kira nodded silently to herself. Yes, she would continue to talk to Judas and see what the Fates held in store for them. She could not see how she would be any worse off than she already was if they decided to remain mere friends. At the worst, she'd continue to go home to a lonely, cold castle. At best....well, at best was something she dared not think about just yet. Her decision having been made, Kira sat there and waited for Judas to return with their drinks.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:32 am
Stablehand

Glancing nervously over to the table he couldn't beleive what he had just said to Kira. Unsure of what to do next, and Attero's inability to speak in his current state, Judäs gatered his drinks and made haste back to the table.

Sitting down and handing her the drink he thought for a moment. His words needed be chosen wisely. Perhaps he said something he shouldn't have.

I apologize if I came off wrong. It appears my mind isn't right tonight. If any way I offended you i am truley sorry. I'm sure the position I have placed you in is an awkward one, and if you wish my departure, I would understand, though I hope you dont.

Nervously he awaited her reply..

Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:22 pm
Stablehand

Judas hadn't been gone that long when she looked up to see that he'd returned. She accepted her drink with a smile, but it was his words which left her feeling even more confused than she already had been. Was it possible that Judas felt badly for the way he'd spoken to her, or did he feel badly for having said he desired her? Had he decided that she wasn't his type anymore? His departure, however, was the very last thing she wished. But was it what he wished? Kira spoke softly, and attempted to select her words carefully. She had no desire for Judas to leave and for their time together this night to end, but if it was what he wanted, she would not stop him.

You did not offend me Judas. I would say surprised is a far better description. And I've no wish for you to leave me unless it is to fulfill your own desires. What I'm trying to say is that if you feel a need to leave, I will not stop you but please don't feel it is on my account.

Surely you can sense that I've been interested in you for some time. However Eisheth is like a sister to me, and I would never have done anything to ruin the relationship which the two of you shared. Your relationship with her has come to it's own conclusion, through no action of mine.

However, what you said about things being complicated between us is very true. There are many things which should be taken into account first, and I am not certain that this is the place to discuss them. Perhaps you would care to go for a walk, where we might be able to talk more freely, and without interruption?

Kira sipped at her drink as she waited for Judas' reply. As she waited, she gazed at him with an intensity which she hoped he would take for seriousness to her words. The proverbial ball was in his court now. All that remained to be seen was what he would do with it.

Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:48 pm
Stablehand

No, you must have misunderstood. I wish not to part your company. I just wanted you to know I would if thats what you wished. A walk may do me good. Perhaps some fresh air is what I need, and besides, its a beautiful night.

Finishing his drink he rose from his seat. Allowing her to lead the way, he followed her to the door, studying her figure as she walked. Opening it for her, they made their way outside.

The night air was crisp as the wind rustled the leaves. Little whirlwinds danced through the streets taking them into the night sky. Shadows of the trees lining the street forming mystic figures as they walked past them. The days were getting shorter and the harsh winter would be upon them soon.

Studying her form he couldnt help but wonder what made a woman such as this tick. Perhaps she would allow him the opportunity to find out.

Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:06 am
Stablehand

Looking about full. Go ahead and start another one.

-Horace

Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:55 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3