It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 pm

Wandering around (open) 
Stablehand

Post Wandering around (open)
He took off from the Inn after acting so stupidly he knew he could not show himself there again. Hell she was right what had he been thinking. His mind was so damn messed up. She was an attractive woman, that is what he was thinking. He felt strangely when around her. He could not help it but he knew he should not have kissed her. The person he had loved had been lost to him so long ago and he had no luck in finding her. Maybe that is where the problem did lay. If he had been able to find her maybe his life would have made more sense than this. Maybe his life would hae been different. He had searched for so long for her that the loneliness had taken over him. He did not belong any place that he had been. He had served Losa more so out of that Losa saved his life, and Con had been a frend from long before he knew Losa. Now if the two were talking they would know that he had not really been on either side of this. And this bothered him because he was not sure of what would happen to him now. He did not like wandering about lost. That is what he felt like. A lost soul not knowing where he belonged if anywhere.

He had gone to the inn to find comfort and maybe some relaxation which is what he had found but then he messed up. He went to talk with Oriana and forgetting himself he kissed her. He knew now that he would not return to the hall nor anywhere he had once called home. How could he face the humiliation he was now feeling.

He walked along till he found a riverside and he made camp there. That would do for at least a night. He used nothing that would put a claim of him of one faith over another or even one people over another. He had often thought he was faithless. He tried believing in Gods and Godesses but that just did not satisfy him. He knew most of his frustration towards believing in anyone was losing the one he had found to be the holder of his heart and the one woman that he would never forget.

He thought about the nights they would noth sneak out to see each other. the last night he was with her, they had been talking about getting married. He still had the rings he had got for them, and he had given her a ring which though she would not have been able to wear because of her parents showed his commitment to her when he asked her to marry him. Then the unthinkable happened he was taken in the night by some guards and forced into service of a Lords army. He had begged to be able to leave a message for her, but he was not allowed. This is when he figured his love's parents had something to do with this. He sighed as he thought about it as he sat by a fire. He frowned remembering that he said he would never hurt her or leave her. It had not been his choice she surely must of known that. Or maybe she did not know. He wanted to find her, he needed to find her. It seemed like forever since he saw her, for all he knew she could be married now. But maybe just maybe he would be lucky enough that she was not. And somehow that he could win back the heart of the one that held his for so long.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:16 pm
Peasant

Common sense should have told her to stay put, to let the man Starfire go on his way, her instincts told her there was more than going on that needed to be found out. The way he had left the inn, it was clear he was frustrated with himself, the feeling she got told her one thing. He was a lost soul not knowing where he belonged if anywhere. No one should have to live that way. Maybe Guidion was right, maybe she was always so hellbent on helping the rest of the world that she never helped herself, if that was who she was, then no one would hear a word of complaint. She would much rather be kind, caring, compassionate rather than closed in ,hard and cruel. Common sense told her to stay put. She promptly told common sense to go to hell.
She was no tracker by any means but Kiara had taught her enough to at least be able to pick up a trail, so when she stepped from the inn dressed in the black pants and shirt that Kiara had given her once she became an "honorary" member of the elite finding Starfires trail had not been difficult. Compelled by her need to give aid where it was needed she headed out down the road giving no second thoughts to the night around her or the warnings that her life may forever be changed whispered on the winds.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:12 pm
Stablehand

He sat there fireside since he could not find it in him to sleep. Everytime he did his mind would mess with him. There was the beauty the one he had been so in love with when he was younger and now her face kept being replaced by the face of the woman that he had kissed earlier. He still felt like a fool for doing it. But there had been something familiar in the kiss, he could not say what it was. He needed answers and who knew if he would find the answers anytime soon.

He sat by the fire looking at the rings that would have been there wedding bands. HIs mind kept showing that ring on her finger in his mind then the ring was on another finger. He shook his head and spoke out loud.

Oriana why is it you haunt the dreams that usualy are only haunted by the one that I would look forever to find. Why am I seeing your face where hers has been for so long. Is kissing you going to haunt me Oriana as much as losing her so long ago...

He just sat there in thought about things not paying much mind to anything else.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:43 pm
Peasant

Alright, so she had been able to track him as far as the edge of the forest before it met with the river, but then, she lost him. Looking around, listening to the gentle lull of the waters coursing over riverbend rocks she tossed her hands in the air frustrated. Just a short while ago she asked him what the hell he was thinking. Now she was asking herself the exact same question. What was she doing tromping through spooky as hell woods with god knows what lurking in the brushes and chasing after some man she knew only through her best friends husband? If she had any brains at all she would turn herself around and march straight back the way she came until she was back at the inn. Her brain however had other ideas especially when taking another look around she noticed down the way a soft glow. A glow that indicated a fire was burning, and she was willing to bet should she walk that way, she would find him.
Sure enough the closer she got the clearer the fire burned, the clearer the outline of the man sitting staring at the flames. Now that she found him, she might as well get right to the point of why she was there. Sitting herself down across from him she stretched out her legs crossing one over the other.
So is this something you do all the time? Kiss and run?

Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:29 pm
Stablehand

He had heard something then he saw her. Damn her why did she have to follow him. He had no idea what he was going to say to her. He looked up at her and he frowned slightly.

I am sorry Oriana, I do not know what came over me. Call it stupidity or whatever you want to call it. Its just when I was with you, you stirred something inside of me. Something that I can not explain or explain enough that would make sense to you. Hell it does not even make sense to me. You reminded me of someone I knew long ago. Seems like it was a whole different life time with how long it has been. I am sorry I am sitting her telling you the reasons why instead of just aplogizing. I hope you can forgive me.

Looking at her and not realizing he said what his mind was thinking. You remind me so much of my wild cat.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:39 pm
Peasant

Well..., running a hand through her mass of tangled curls she all but glared at the man... that sure tells me alot. I guess I should get the hell out of here then eh? I mean from the look on your face, the lovely frown and all, you obviously dont want to be bothered so why stick around and be an annoyance right? With all the grace befitting a queen she rose to her feet. Even though her cheek was smudged with dirt and her hair, gods be damned it was going to take an eternity to brush out all the knots and tangles, she still gave off the aura of royalty.
I should be the one to apologize, I dont know why I get it in my head that people need my help when it is more than apparent my help is not wanted. Well, I hope you find whatever it is your looking for then. Not another word was spoken. She simply walked off into the night and back towards the forest.

Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:53 pm
Stablehand

It took him but a moment to get up and go after her. He did not know why he did it but he did. His hand touched her wrist and he felt the same sensation that he felt earlier and he slowly took his hand away. Oriana wait, please stay. I will explain to you all that is going on. I did not mean to be rude just now or earlier. It is just there is alot on my mind. And so much more comes to mind about her while you are near me. IF you are willing to come back and sit and listen I will tell you it all. Then maybe you can tell me why you remind me so much of my Wild Cat as I called her.

He looked at her and waited for her response

Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:59 pm
Peasant

When she stopped and turned to face him, the expression on her face was one of stone cold indifference. The only thing that had kept her from walking away entirely was his mention of a woman from his past whom he had often referred to as Wild Cat. The name was one she was quite familiar with, stemming from her own past. More specifically from around the time when she was but sixteen seasons old and experiencing love, or what she thought was love for the first time as most girls her age had been then. But Starfire was not that young boy and she was not that young girl, she hadnt been for many many years. She had neither the time nor patience to deal with a man whose moods were as shifty as the wind. If she wanted that, she could get it from the comforts of her own home with her husband. The nagging feeling picking at the pit of her stomach was the only reason she remained.
You want me to stay because I remind you of some lost love? Thats one I most certainly havent heard before. Just what is it you hope to accomplish by rehashing old memories and feelings for woman you have no present knowlege...
Thunder rolled unexpectedly, echoing through the lands. She jumped from the sound and looked to the sky. The moon was no longer shining brightly lighting up the night sky, the winds picked up suddenly and a forlorn groan from the mage echoed with another peal of thunder.
Lovely. A storm. I dont know about you but I am not going to stand out here all night while you finally make up or mind on whether or not I can be of use to you.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:44 pm
Stablehand

His eyes went down to the ground. This was foolish, she was right he knew nothing of what had happened to the one that he held so dear to his heart. He looked up at her slowly, remembering being that young man that he was at the time.

I guess you are right, I am sure you have much more important stuff to do than to listen to a foolish man talk of times that were long ago, I mean by now she is grown. I was just thinking we could talk about all thats been going on and maybe you would have an idea or two. Maybe I am foolish for holding on to the hopes of finding my Wild Cat and that her love for me was more than just a teenage love. Maybe I was wrong to think any of this mattered anymore she probably thinks I abandonend her and all. I am sorry I am a waste of your time. I am going to head to a cabin that is not far from here. I am sure with the thunder that you would want to get back home. But if you wish to talk we can when it is a better time. I will not play games with any of it.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:43 pm
Peasant

A cabin not far from here?! She looked at him in disbelief. Where the hell was this cabin that he seemed to come across that was so close to inn, on the lands belonging to the Souls? Why hadnt she ever come across this cabin before? She could have magicked herself back to the in easily enough but the ideal of there being a cabin close enough by for anyone to get to in time and not get caught in the downpour that was brewing did not sit well with her. I want to see for myself just how far off this cabin is. Lead the way. At the moment, the entire reason why she had followed him to begin with was forgotten. Her concerns now lay in finding this cabin. If she didnt know about it then she was willing to bed the others were just as unaware and that could pose a potential threat to her family was a whole. Heathens were known to wait in ambush, and a secret cabin was the perfect place for such a thing to occur. She wasnt having any of that.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:37 am
Stablehand

He lead her to it. It was a very simple make just on the outsides of the land. He did not mind showing it to her, he had gone back and forth spending time in this place. He walked in and looked around and then set the fire and sat down. Care to Sit Oriana, can I get you anything. These lands dont belong to any I checked it out.

He looked at her and sat there. I know you must think me nuts after today and I am sorry. If you would like to talk about things I will stop being a horses ass about things. I will understand if you want to leave, but I am asking you to stay maybe just talking about the stuff will make sense and maybe you will have an idea

Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:59 am
Peasant

The minute she stepped inside the darkened heavens opened up and the rain came pouring down. Involuntarily she shuddered. Her mother, Mara, had often told her that anytime it rained that meant that someone somewhere had died. Her thoughts suddenly shifted to her father and another shiver trailed down her spine. Wrapping her arms around her shoulders she settled herself down in a chair and pulled her legs up so that her feet were hanging off the chairs end. The forboding feeling was so overhwhelming she nearly burst into tears. Silently she scolded herself for thinking such foolish thoughts. Now was not the time to think of her father or of his death, which to her way of thinking was a long time off. Forcing the thoughts from her mind she found herself growing aggravated, she didnt care if he claimed to have looked into whose lands the cabin was on, it was too close to the inn for her liking and in the morning she would make damn sure herself that the cabin was either demolished or bought as part of their lands. For the moment she was going to concentrate on why the hell she was drawn to the man who did nothing but grate on her nerves and prick her temper. Oh your absolutely right. I think your a loon Starfire. Maybe it is my own fault for having preconcieved notions about you, from what I have seen of you, you seem more level headed and not quite as .... well I cant find the proper word for it ... all I know is, one day you are loyal to Losa for whatever reason, the next your roaming about like a lost soul. So tell me just what in the hell is your problem?

Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:15 am
Stablehand

He sits there and looks at her. Damn how much she reminded him of Wild Cat.

It all started when I was a teenage boy there were wars going on even then. I was not interested in taking part of it, I was a disappointment to my father for I did not want to pick up arms. I was more interested in sneaking out at night. Of course my only reason for sneaking out was wild cat. I named her that cause she was as wild as hell but she was as graceful as any cat. I know it sounds funny but she was the reason I did not want to go to war. One night I told her I wanted her to be my wife, I had even given her a ring. Well that night when I returned home I went in to sleep and at some point in the night I was taken out. I was basically forced into the war. They swore to me that I would not be kept long and I wanted to let Wild Cat know and they said the only way they would be going to see her is if I did not go along with this. The threats made on her made me serve they knew that I would not do anything that would hurt her.

I found out later that my father had constructed part of it. That is when the old me died. I found out through the words of others WIld Cat would not see me even if I came crawling on my knees and I should have. I became a lot like what you guys do in the midst of the night burning things beneath the starts. That is when some that i was with started calling me Starfire.

I met Condrik back then and we were partners in a lot of things, kind of like brothers. Then Condrik moved along to other things. After he left things fell apart. Someone thought I was the reason and well needless to say I was beaten and left for dead. That is when by chance Losa came along. He was determined to help me, I had no reason left to live as I saw it. BUt I committed myself to helping him. I had wanted to find Wild Cat but I had no clue anymore of where to even look or why she would want to see me. Well not if she believed I had left her.

So when this all came to pass between Losa and Con I was caught in the middle. So I did what I had to I went and kept an eye on Raynalia and made sure neither got close enough to kill the other. I did not realize that things would work out on thier own. And I felt I would ahve to choose a side and I did not want to.

Before all this stuff had started up I had talked to Losa about me moving on and all to go find her. Seeing Kiara and Losa together made me realize if for no other reason to tell her the truth I needed to find her. But how could I not come back when the man who saved my life called for my help? I could not help but come.

Now I am lost I do not know where I belong. And tonight somethign you did reminded me of the one that has been on my heart all of these years. I know it sounds stupid, and all but the way you moved and all reminded me of her. When I kissed you it made me feel things I had not felt since kissing her. You can sit there and think me crazy or whatever but that is the basic story.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:43 am
Peasant

The sounds of rain beating down upon the cabin roof did very little to calm the racing of the mages heart or the pounding in her head. She had sat, a vision of perfect calm collectedness, listening intently to the story Starfire was unfolding. On the inside she had gone completely undone. How could she not have seen it? Not have known? What had happened so many years ago she couldnt even give an accuarate account to all the years gone by, to change one man, nay he had been a boy back then just as she had been nothing more than a girl, so drastically that she would not recognize him?
She knew the woman he spoke of well, too well. The woman he searched for had changed and grown herself that much was beyond obvious, why was it he could not recognize her just as she had not him? Bringing her feet to the floor, grasping each arm of the chair so tightly her knuckles turned white she leaned forward and stared at him dead in the eyes. How is it that you claim to have loved this child, this girl, yet her name seems to have escaped you Shane?

Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:23 am
Stablehand

His face had been leaning down and he sighed out. He had not thought about what she said not at first at least. When I was beat and left for dead something happened to my mind. Since then bits and pieces of my life have to me. First it was an image of her then it was memories of things that happened. But as the memories came more complete the name still eluded me. You know how hard it is to find someone named Wild Cat. Wait what in the hell did you just call me?

He swore she said Shane, no one had called him that in years. He looked up at her. He whispered. Be damned it cant be can it?

Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:31 am
Peasant

Oh yes.. the words were all but spit from her mouth, I do know how hard it is to find someone named Wildcat, especially seeing that it is, was nothing more than a pet name given to me long ago. Most who know me call me by my given name, I suggest you do the same. She sunk back into her chair her mind racing. How in the hell did she end up sitting across from the very same person who had long ago been so hellbent on making her his wife? Something inside her called out for her husband so he could lay eyes on the man who had made it so damn hard for him to get her to open up, to make her feel safe and secure enough to even dare to love again. Oh yes Guidion needed to be there, the only problem was, she didnt know where he was and she wasnt even sure the gentle probings she had sent reached him. Turning sideways in the chair she draped her legs over an arm while twisting a lock of her ebony hair around her finger. Whats the matter Shane? Cat got your tounge?

Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:40 am
Stablehand

He looked at her a few moments a look of disbelief on his face. He shook his head. You mean you were this close for this long? I did not recognize you at all. Wild Cat, I did not know what became of you. Others may call you by your given name but I can't. No wonder why those feelings came to me while I was around you. Well I guess now I know what came of you. So this husband of yours make you happy WIld Cat, I swore I was going to marry you back then. I had thought about you a lot when I first left, and then I was told if I ever tried to see you that something would happen to you I could not risk having something happen to you because of me. I loved you and i had never stopped. But I see I have no place in your life, I was a fool to think if I did find you that I would be able to change things.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:03 pm
Peasant

Change things? It never crossed your mind that I would grow up and grow out of you? I was barely sixteen Shane, much younger than I am now, why would you think that I would spend my life pining away for a boy? The words came harsher than she had expected, it wasnt like her to speak with such coldness. Sighing she turned and sat properly in the chair, both feet planted on the floor. I am sorry Shane. I did not mean to sound so uncaring. It has been a very long time, and I am nothing like that little girl I once was. You are wrong about one thing Shane. There is always a place for you in my life. It may not be the place you wish it to be, but we are bound in one way or another. Not by our past, but by our present. Your ties to Losa and to Condrik, my ties to Kiara and Raynalia, tie us as well. It still puzzled her that he had not been able to recognize her when he first saw her. She still had the same ebony hair, curled and wild, still saw through the same bright violet eyes she had been born with, in fact, because of her Sidhe blood, her immortality, her face had barely aged.
He on the other hand looked nothing like the boy she remembered. The only thing that was remotely the same were his eyes. What happened to you Shane, to change your face so much?

Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:26 pm
Stablehand

He looked at her he should have kept his mouth shut. He may as well leave what good was he doing. I did not think you would pine away for me, hell I did not even know why you had loved me. You are right I was just a boy, a boy that learned the cold hard way of this world. But one name always came to mind. I never did care for calling you anything other than Wild Cat. Please call me Starfire, shane is as good as dead now. The only part of Shane that remained was the hope of a love. My ties to them no longer matter, I found what I was looking for. I have the only aswers that I needed. What happened to me I told you what happened the same that took me from you, from our plans tried to take my life. They took all that had mattered already so why did it matter that they ruined any other part of me. There are still memories coming back, maybe some day I will have the answers that I would like to know. The only thing that they did not count on is the person that they used most against me would be my reason for wanting to live. If for not for no other reason I had to let you know that I had not left you by choice.

He looked at her and then looked down. He stood to get up and he turned and looked into the fire. After all that had happened why did it have to be too late that he had found her.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:35 pm
Peasant

I never thought you left me by choice, much like you understood when I would leave to return to Azraels tower. Nothing we did was by choice save for love each other. I did love you never doubt that. What could she say to him that would lessen what he felt? How was she suppose to deal with learning that she had been the very reason he fought to survive? She could not allow herself to feel guilty, she had a good life and a good man who loved her despite their issues. Her only regret was that he had not been able to find his own path, that he had been forced into walking another. Getting to her feet she went to him and stood behind him. Wrapping her arms under his she enveloped him and rested her hand over his heart. Laying her head against his back she squeezed him gently. I am sorry you had to endure so much. If I could undo what you have suffered I would do so without hesitation.... that boy that you were is not dead, he lives in my memory, you will always be Shane to me, as you always were.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:56 pm
Stablehand

Viashiino wakes up from his long sleep. It was like a coma. His eyes gazed at the cieling above him. Where was he? Where had he been? He slowly rolled out of the bed, letting the quilted blanket fall on wooden floor below him. He felt a rush of blood flow to his head as he knelt near the bed.

Viashiino slowly put his right hand on his left knee and slowly stood up straight. He walked over to the far right corner of the room where his sword lay. He reached for it and as he did, the black eye opened once again. It had opened before when it transformed him into the creature that he is now. The eye looked pleased to see him... then it closed again. He strapped his sheath on his back and slid his sword into it.

Not knowing where he was he looked out of the window to scope the area. The sky was a deep blue and had scattered clouds floating about. The building where he was in lay on top of a hill. From the window Viashiino could see the city below. He knew where he was now.

He pushed the window shutters open and stepped through the window, landing on the soft, lush grass that seemed to have been uncut for days. He started heading toward the town... without a purpose... alone... a wanderer, he was.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:02 pm
Stablehand

He tried to control himself he felt her behind him. She put her hand over his heart the heart that still belonged to her. The heart that probably would. I knew you had your lessons to attend to and things to learn. OUr time was something that always held in my mind. The only part of Shane that was not gone was the one that held one to the hopes of finding his heart. I know your heart belongs to another now, and now maybe it is time for me to move on. That boy is dead Wild Cat, has been for a long time since the moment he got made to leave you that boy died.

He did not want to move from her his hand touched hers. His eyes closed and his chest tightened as he let everything flood back. This was too much for him, he knew that he would have to leave. This time he would be leaving knowing that his Cat was lost to him. How could he have been so foolish to think that what they had would still matter or would still be special to her. He leaned his head back to her and looked at her. You are just as beautiful as always. I always felt that you were too good for me and that I could not see what you saw in me. It was foolish of me to come looking after so long, its just somethigns a heart cant forget.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:08 pm
Peasant

Your heart cannot forget, yet you stand here telling me that the boy you were is dead. It is that boys heart that beats in your chest. Does that not make you Shane all the same? They were too close she realized a little too late. After years and years she found that the simpliest touch still made her heart race and her blood rush to her cheeks. An image of the two, he as the boy, she as the girl, came to mind. She had snuck out of the mages tower as she had done so many times before to meet with the boy who had caught her attention and fought for her heart. They had planned a picnic under the stars away from the chaos that was everyday life. He was sitting in the great wide open grasses of a field far from the mages tower, she was resting on her back her head laying in his lap, her mountain of ebony curls spilling down in massive waves and they stared up at the star blanketed sky talking about nothing, talking about everything. It was this memory that made the tears well in her eyes. The cold facade she had played crumbled. I have never been too good for you. We were good for each other. What I saw in you was a boy with a gentle heart and a tender soul who showed me what it was to love for the very first time. What I saw in you was good boy on the verge of becoming a great man. What I see now is a great man struggling to breathe life into that very same good boy. You do know it is impossible to go back, there is only going forward. I have no right to ask, to even think this way, but now that I know who you are, who you truly are, I cannot send you from me. It is alot to ask I know this, but stay even if only for a short time, I dont know why it is so important that you do Shane.... She unwound her arms and stepped in front of him with her hands now on her hips. .... what the hell kind of name is Starfire anyway? You are out of your ever loving mind if you think I am going to be calling you by some cockamaymie name!

Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:30 pm
Stablehand

She was standing there and his hand reached up and touched her face gently. He remembered the last time that he saw her and his eyes met hers. Cat you will always be the holder of my heart. You know that anythign you ask of me that I would do. If for no other reason cause you are my Cat. Starfire had to do with what I became good at using the stars as my light to light fires in enemy camps. So many times I thought of escaping but the thoughts of the threats made towards you were enough to keep me in thier order.
He looked at her. Did she even know that when she looked like that she made him ache. The thoughts of him and her when they were younger haunted him in some ways. He looked at wondering if she remembered.

We would have been even better together but then that stuff happened. That boy was just that a boy who loved you more than anything. A boy who wanted to spend his whole life with you knowing that you had your duties that were going to need to be taken care of. I knew our life would not be easy but there was so much I wanted for us. No we cant go back because if we could I would go back and find a way so that I would never have been taken for you. I will not go, not yet at least.

He looked at her was he crazy to ache to hold her, to want her, to just want to be in her arms again. I just wish that I could have shanged things back.

He moved to her and looked at her the fire in his eyes showed. If you were not a married woman Cat I might have been able to tell you what I am feeling right now

Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:48 pm
Peasant

Stunned by his admissions that she had been used as a pawn against him she whirled on her heels and started pacing back and forth across the cabins wooden floor. Silence hung in the air between them while she raved, until she turned her head and looked at him with fire filled eyes. You should have known better. I know its not your fault and you were thinking only to protect me, but had you thought for a moment you would have realized no one could reach me while under Azraels care. No it is not your fault and I understand. I want names, and if they are dead then I want their childrens names. No one should be forced into such a life, and I mean to see that it never happens by this particular order again. It had been along time since she was as angry as she was then. It was not that her entire life could had been different had he been able to stay with her, no she loved her life with all its troubles, it was the point that someone she loved and cared for had been so... so... violated. She knew herself when she was this angry, it was better for her to simply let it go, she would get the names from him one way or another, just not at that moment. She stopped pacing and flopped down on the floor in front of the fire, taking comfort in the flames as she always had. Dont pussyfoot around with me Shane. If you have something you want to say, say it and be done with it.

Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:17 pm