It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:12 am

Wandering around (open) 
Stablehand

He moved to her and kneeled behind her. His hands went to her shoulders and he sat there. I was a boy as you said I had no idea of what powers they yielded. I could not risk it Cat, I could not risk anything happening to you and knowing I could have prevented. I was ready to give my very life for you Cat. The people dead or gone I dont know hell Cat what difference does it make. Shane as you call me only exists in our memories Cat. Maybe if things had been different but I cant think of that now.

He rubbed her shoulders and back. I know I can not say the things that stir inside me right now Cat. I should probably move away from you because as much as it pains me to think of you are married and the things I feel should not be felt towards a married woman. Hell maybe I should not even be agreeing to stay Cat but I can't deny anything from your lips

Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:31 pm
Stablehand

She went out into the storm voluntarily. When she had arrived at the inn, she was promptly informed that the black robed mage had torn out of the inn like a bat out of hell chasing after some man that no one seemed to know and had yet to return. Knowing the mage as she did the assassin was willing to bet that Oriana was off helping someone in need, still she couldnt shake the feeling something was just a little off. How long did they say she was gone? Close to two hours or so, it was not like her to be gone so long without sending word to anyone she was safe. Some time later, after the firey haired woman was soaked to the skin and not quite happy she came upon a cabin. A cabin she had never remembered seeing before but at that point it didnt really matter. She just wanted to get the hell out of the rain and out from beneath the storm. She marched to the door and her jaw hit the floor as she passed a window. Rubbing her eyes just to make sure she wasnt seeing things she looked again and nearly fell over. Inside was her best friend, she couldnt see the mages face but no one had hair like Oriana did, and at that moment the mage was all but wrapped up in the arms of a man who was not her husband. What the hell was going on? And why the hell hadnt Ori told her she was having an.... no way, there was no way she was doing what the assassin thought she was. There was only one way to find out. She came crashing through the door making enough noise to wake the dead, and when she saw just who it was keeping the mage company she couldnt help the small yelp of surprise that filled the room. Dripping water, her hair hanging from her eyes and looking like a drowned rat the assassin nearly screamed when she addressed her friend.

Oriana Shadowbain! What in the bloody hell are you doing? Better yet what the hell is he doing? Did he kidnap you or something? I swear to the heavens I am close to strangling you!

She started in on the mage then stomped over to Starfire ready to slap him upside the head.

And YOU! You should know better! Shes a married woman! What did you do to her? Just wait til Losa hears about this one! You both have two seconds to tell me just what the hell is going on here!

Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:47 am
Stablehand

He heard the door and looked up at her letting her do her little rant. Does it look like I have done anything to her. We did nothing Kiara we were just talking about some stuff, and she was tense. I know she is married, believe me on that. I also know not to do anything cause she is married, even if things had been different she might have been married to someone else.e But you know what Kiara you should know your friend better that she would not let me cross any lines or anything. And no Cat is able to leave any time she damn well pleases. I would never do anything to hurt her.

He looked at them and moved slowly from Oriana. I can see just what type of man you think me of Kiara, but frankly I care not what most think or anything just what Cat thinks. She is the one that truly matters to me

Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:31 am
Peasant

Stepping between the two the mage rested a hand on her friends shoulder and looked her dead in the eyes. It really should have come as no surprise that Kiara would be the one to track her down, nor should it have surprised her that the woman was ready to kill. A soft smile and whispered words came from the mage. Really Jade, you need to stop and think sometimes before you open that mouth of yours. Think Kiara, do you really think I would be here if I did not want to be, and do you really think I would do anything to betray Guidion? You know me better than that. Come sit and I will explain. Leading the assassin to the chair she had been sitting in then taking a seat in the chair across from her she leaned forward with her hands folded together, her elbows resting on her knees. You and I have talked for countless hours, you and Raynie are the two who know me best. I have told you everything there is to know of me from my deepest darkest fears to my most treasured secrets. Remember the night I told you of a particular time, around the time I was sixteen or so? Remember the boy? Jade, Starfire is Shane. Sitting back she stared at the assassin to judge her reaction.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 am
Stablehand

Her eyes went as wide as moons, a hand went to her throat. Her heart raced and she didnt think she could make it through another shock like the couple she had already been handed.

That is Shane? Holy hell Ori what are you going to do? You know how Guidion gets, even if you havent done anything he'll be thinking the worst. Hell I can hear him now carrying on like he always does about how you have time for this and that and never have time for him. About how you can run of with this person or that person and who knows what you've done. That sure you might love him but you have a damn funny way of showing it or how you have enough people who care about you and love you what do you need him for. You know the more I think about it the more I see that man just has some security issues that I dont think you'll ever be able to cure him of no matter what you do! Hell you could probably slit your wrists, bleed and die for the man and it wouldnt be enough!....

She closed her mouth suddenly realized that she was talking too fast and way too much. A great sigh filled the room and she ran a hand through her hair.

All this time you two were right there, so close to one another and you never knew it. I dont understand how you could be in the same room with each other and NOT realize.... why didnt you know? I mean Ori still looks like Ori, but did something happen to make Shane... I mean Starfire look different to you Ori? This is one hell of mess you know. I'm sorry if I offended either of you, I know I speak before I think sometimes. I want to make it up to you though, how can I help you two with this?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:56 am
Stablehand

He looked to Kiara. If you truly think of it Kiara most of my time was doing as your husband needed me to do. I never really paid attention to Cat, saw her running up the inn stairs tonight and knowing of who she was I went to make sure she was ok. Think of it this way yes she always reminded me of Cat but I had never once alled her by her name. The name had started the night I met her. You know about how Losa and I became friends, well that time I was beat beyond reccognition how I came out the way I did made me look different. And with all that I held more on to fuzzy memories than actual memories. I will tell you this though Cats husband better realize what a wonderful treasure he has and if I ever hear him claim her to be something taht she is not the man and I will be having words. There is nothing really to be done, I am staying for awhile at her request then I move on and maybe find something else to do with my life. I found what I had lived for but cant have.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:11 am
Stablehand

Best be getting ready to have words with the man then Starfire, I cant keep count of how many times hes made her cry because of what hes thought. Hes always running out on her and making her think that everything is always her fault. Shes spolied him always taking the blame for occurances that could not be avoided. No I dont think he realizes at all just what he has in her. Mind you Ori is far from perfect but shes a damn good woman, wife and mother.

Nodding her head profusely as the words came pouring out she knew she shouldnt have said so much about the relationship between the mage and her mate but dammit all to hell she really did sit up more nights than she could remember listening to her best friend rant rave and vent before finally succumbing to the tears. Getting to her feet she started pacing the floor just like the mage had done earlier.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me you NEVER knew her name or is just that you never called her by it? How can you claim to love someone and not know their name or am I just a bit confused?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:18 am
Stablehand

He laughs. When you are a young man and totally taken with someone and find a name for someone you do not think of any other name you were introduced as. She was as graceful and beautiful as a Cat and still is, and she had a Wild streak in her. I loved her enough to want to marry her and I would have if certain things had not happened. What kind of a fool of a man is this husband, and you can be damn he and I will be having words if he says something to hurt Cat with. She dont need to be hurt by someone who is supposed to love her, he needs to learn she has her responsibilites she always has had them. Hell when we were young I do not know how many nights she had to go becauseof them.

Cat if a man leaves you it is not your fault, if he is being so immature and petty about that you have other responsibilities you cant help that. Knowing you I know you would ahve told him of all taht if he is not able to handle that you have these things you are responsible for and need to handle maybe he just needs to ask himself not how much you love him but how much he loves you. I know it is not my place but damn it Cat you do not deserve that shit. You don't

Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:27 am
Peasant

She sat there mouth agape and wide eyed listening to her best friend and her best friends friend talking about her like they had forgotten she was in the very same room. Just as she started to rise Starfire turned to her and delivered a small speech she was not in the mood to hear. So what if her relationship with her husband was not as steady as it had once been, so what if they problems, what married couple didnt. Getting to her feet she looked at the two of them. Thunder boomed and lightning lit up the inside of the room despite the firelight. I'll thank you both to just shut up about Guidion. He is a good man and our life together is not this constant turmoil that you make it sound like Jade. I dont sit around and bad mouth Losa do I even though I think he is way too possessive, and even controlling. How many times has he jumped the gun when its come to you or got ideals in his head that he had no business thinking? And how many times did I butt in and put him down? Not once so dont do it to Guidion! Aggravated to the point where she was ready to smack both of them. I am tired and I am close to slapping one of you. I need sleep and I am not walking back to that damn inn. Is there a bedroom?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:30 am
Stablehand

He nods and goes to the back and opens a door. The bed is in there Cat you are welcome to it. I am not bad mouthing him because if I was there would be a hell of a lot more coming from my mouth. I did however say if what I have been hearing is true and it comes to me having words with this man about your loyalty to him I will. Hell Cat even I know you would not go to another while married.

Maybe I am wrong to stick around hell I dunno. You can go ahead in there to sleep the room should be warm. I will stay out here. Have a good sleep Cat.

But Cat about Losa you may see him as possessive and all but tell me this how many times has Losa left his wife all alone for things she could not help? He may get upset but he would never go far, and he never said anything to me that he thought Kiara was going out on him, has he been at times ticked cause other men take liberties tehy should not. Yes but that is called regular emotion.

MAybe I should just shut up and go, what is the point in my sticking around anyways

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:40 am
Peasant

She laughed long and loud. Oh yes lets sing the praises of Losa who at least six or seven times has thrown his vows to Kiara in her face and had at one point even tried to make her choose between who she is and him. Dont lie Jade you know thats exactly what it was. Pretty words spoken softly dont change thats what it was. The more she stood there the more angry she was becoming. Who were any of them to say anything? Guidion knows who I am and what I am, I know why he gets upset, not that I agree with him, believe me the man has his faults and if I wanted to I could point them all out to you but quite honestly it is none of your damn business. I will tell you this though, for as much as he might leave he always comes back and it doesnt take him damn near ten years to do it either. Hell you can both do whatever you want. If you want to leave Shane you obviously know where the door is. Who am I to try and stop you. She slammed the door after she slipped into the darkened bedroom. Throwing herself down onto the bed she burst into tears.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:47 am
Stablehand

She jumped at the sound of the door slamming. Oriana rarely got angry but when she did the old saying held more than true. Hell hath no fury like that of a woman, and that particular woman was pissed beyond belief. Kiara should have known better than to bring up Guidion and as much as she had said about the man, Oriana had come back with facts of her own about Losa that Kiara could not argue. There had been a time that Losa did in fact let himself get a little too worked up over certain things, but they had reached an understanding. It just seemed to the assassin that Orianas husband still had a difficult time reaching an understanding of his own. Turning to Starfire, Shane, whatever the hell his name was, she waved him to a chair.

Dont be so quick to run out on her. I know the first time was not your fault, but if you go now she'll only convince herself that you ran out on her on your own then too. Shes been through alot, more than I have any right telling you. I dont know what else to say really except maybe that I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions earlier.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:55 am
Stablehand

Her words stung him more deeply than anything else ever could have. His leaving her was not his choice neither was how liong he had been gone. He moved to the door and opened it. Cat think whatever the hell you want. I did not leave you of my own will and I stayed gone because I had to. He chooses to leave you. He chooses to, mine was not a choice I made. You can fault me for how long I was gone but did you try and find me. Did you try to find out what happened to me? If I had known you would be safe I would have tried more to get away but sorry I was not willing to risk something happeening to you. Then after the beating I took I could not look for someone i had no idea about. Losa may have his faults as a man, I known him long enough but there is also not a damn thing he would not do for Kiara. Have a good night Oriana.

He mad a point of stressing her name as he walked back to where Kiara was. He looked at her as she spoke. She can believe what she wants, the boy I was is no more and that has been shown more and more tonight. That boy does not matter without his Cat and she is no longer Cat, probably has not been for a longer time than I care to know about. I am not leaving her, not yet at least.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:57 am
Stablehand

Your right. She hasnt been your Cat for a very long time. She was a girl then, shes a woman now and you said yourself she has many responsabilities, duties and many other things bearing down on her shoulders. How was she expected to remain that same carefree child she had been when the world made her grow up maybe quicker than she should have. She is the only thing she knows how to be now, that is Oriana and it wouldnt be fair to her to expect her be anything different no matter how much we all might want her to be. You dont know it but I knew her then too, I remember what she was like. My father had sent me to Azrael at the same time she was there, we grew up practically as sisters right along side Rayne though Mama Mara was the one taking care of the elf. Ours is a long rich history. You do not need to defend Losa to her Starfire, as much as she knows her husbands faults I know my husbands faults and if I was not ready to have her throw them in my face, I should not have thrown his into hers. Why dont you sit down, and I can tell you some things about that woman you had no ideal were even possible.

How odd was it that something inside the assassin was trying its damndest to keep him from leaving. Whether he knew it or not, whether Ori knew it or not, the two of them needed each other, the reasons just needed to be discovered.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:14 am
Stablehand

I did not expect her to be the same. I did expect that if she married that knowing what he was getting into her husband would be more of a husband than what he sounds like. Tell me whatever you want i guess.I knew of all she told me she would need to do and I would have done anything for her. But it was all taken from us. Yet seems she faults me more for not hsving a choice than her husband who chooses to leave

He sat there trying to relax and waited for her so that he could listen to her.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:28 am
Stablehand

Are you crazy? Seriously I want to know. You need to get to know that woman as Oriana and not as your Cat, then you'd know she doesnt fault you for anything.

She crossed one leg over the other, propped an elbow on the arm of the chair and rested her head on her balled fist.

You might not know it, but we backed her into a corner, you and me together, when she gets backed into a corner she'll say anything to get herself out of it. Shes scared, you have to see that. After all this time her first taste of love has found her and even though she loves Guidion, there is that part of her that will always belong to Shane. Not to Starfire but Shane. I'm willing to bet you rattled her pretty damn good.
There arent that many she opens up to, oh I'm sure you'd think it was alot, but really only Rayne and I know everything there is to know about her. Tierney knew everything about her mother, but when the girl died, alot of Orianas soul died with her. Did you know that Azrael is Orianas blood father? Or that long ago on a world in which we had all lived, Oriana had been killed by the hand of a god? No one knows to this day how she came to life again. We think it was because of Malesrtyx,the goddess of the Art, her birth mother who had been banished to a null verse by the very same god who had taken the mages life. Like I said, she has alot weighing on her, and she is scared, she just doesnt want you to know it.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:00 pm
Stablehand

She has always had a lot Kiara, even back then. What does she have to be scared of when it comes to me? I am not trying for anything the little bit of Shane that was left may as well be gone. The only thing good in Shanes life was his Wild Cat. I do not even know why I am staying. I looked for her for so long, to try and claim Shane back. But maybe he is just left of better buried in memories. I am not the same guy she remembers hell I do not even look the same. I know she has been through more than I will probably ever know. Maybe the last thing that she needs is me being here. A part of her may still belong to Shane but Shane may as well be completely dead what kept him alive was his Cat. Maybe I will get to know her maybe I will not who knows. I am not here to cause trouble for her.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:07 pm
Stablehand

Uncrossing her leg she up and on her feet.

Your hell bent on insisting Cat was the only thing that kept Shane alive, yet here you sit with that look all men get when they are hoping against hope for the impossible. You can say all you want that Shane is dead, but it is Shane that keeps you sitting there and it is Shane that is hoping maybe he will make a connection. There isnt too much more I can say and there isnt anything I can do. If your going to leave, at least tell her good bye and give my husband the same courtsey as well, that is if you arent still feeling sorry for yourself. I better get back.

She didnt say another word. She simply walked out the door into the storm glad to be going home where her world as chaotic as it could be at times was at least happy.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:19 pm
Stablehand

He listened to her and sat there. Why was he still sitting there. Maybe it was because of who he used to be. The one who was in love with the woman he remembered and that now was now in the bedroom laying there. What the hell was he going to do. It seemed his whole world was shattered so quickly what he lived for what he wanted more than anyhitng was now out of his reach. Cat was not only know longer Cat she was no longer his. Her heart and sould belonged to another man. How could he stick around knowing that. Other than that his leaving would possibly hurt her again he just sat there in the chair and waited trying to find sleep but knew he would not.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:27 pm
Peasant

She was woken by the loud booming thunder that rocked the cabin, a loud groan came from beneath the blankets she had buried herself under. Of course why should she be allowed to sleep? Nothing else was working out right, why should sleeping? Sighing she threw her bare legs over the side of the bed and stood up bringing a blanket with her. Wrapping the fabric around herself she realized that the voices coming from the other room had been silenced. She didnt hear anyone pacing any floors, there wasnt the slightest sound to tell her that anyone was still in the cabin. That she decided was a good thing. After the night she had some time to herself would be a good thing. Padding across the floor and out of the room she didnt bother to look around the main room of the cabin, if she had she would have noticed the man sitting in the chair near the dying fire. Going over to the wooden stove she lit a fire and rummaged through the cabinets to see if there was anything she could use to make tea. Surprisingly enough she found what she was looking for and soon had a pot of her favorite drink brewing. Maybe she could find something to eat too if she was lucky....

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:42 pm
Stablehand

He sat there and watched her for a moment. Cant sleep either? You never were good with Storms. There is food around there if you need anything help yourself to whatever it is that you need. If I do not have it I will go find it or something for you

He did not dare look at her when he spoke he was trying so damn hard

Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:46 pm
Peasant

She nearly dropped the bread she had found at the sound of his voice, a hand went over her heart and she spun around clutching tightly to the blanket. The very last thing she needed was for that blanket to drop. When she saw him her breath caught in her throat. He might not have looked like the Shane she remembered but damn he was a good looking man any woman married or not could see that. Swallowing the lump in her throat she tried to keep her voice from shaking when she spoke. I found some bread, theres no need for you to go into that mess out there. I thought you were leaving?

Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:00 pm
Stablehand

You know you asked me to stay and I said I would for now. And your friend did the same in different words. I would go out in that if you needed anything. Even if it was to go let your husband know you are ok. But if you want me to go and begone just say so.

This time he looked at her. Damn did she have to look so damn good. There are long shirts in the drawer in the room if you need something to sleep in.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:38 pm
Peasant

What would I do with a long shirt? I sleep this way all the time.The words flew from her mouth before her brain could think long enough to stop her, more often than not she slept in just the skin she had been born with and that night was no exception, it was a habit she was slowly trying to break given how many times a night her door was knocked upon. It never occured to her that she wasnt alone after she had been woken by the thunder and now she stood there like a twit wrapped in nothing but a blanket. She coughed then nodded her head and walked passed him like the devil himself were hot on her trail Long shirts right good ideal! Need anything while I'm in there? She could feel the blush that started at the tip top of her head travel down to her toes. Sometimes she absolutely amazed herself with her own stupidity.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:50 pm
Stablehand

No, I do not need anything. Only reason I suggested anything is because if anyone does come you would not want them getting the wrong idea. That is the last damn thing that you seem to need.

He watched her as she walked past him. She was still beautiful and his body's reaction to her told him so. He shook his head, if she was not married then he would have been able to say more and could have not had to keep things. His mind thought about a time that there was so much more to them. He had the rings he had for that day and he realized something, if she opened the wrong drawer she would see them sitting there. Maybe if she did she would not notice them. He cursed. As much as he wanted to believe that Shane was dead and had no feelings of his he could not. It was the young man in him that kept him there. Just wishing that he could have his Cat.

Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:01 pm