It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:36 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Questions and Comments (OOC) 
Stablehand

Eisheth, i'm sorry on what i've said to you on icq.

Ok, blame me guys. I was the one who hit the war button. But the reason why we hit DR was because the scout reports showed them to be on offensive mode. Reavers and DR have a grudge going on beginning from the last weeks of the last age, and the first week of this age. It would be improbable for the reavers not to think that DR was gonna hit them soon (DR said that it was Saints that they were going to hit). Our initial reaction would be to make the first strike before DR hits us. That's why we shelved 3 members to make the war fair enough. Sorry we didnt know that it was saints that you were going to hit, but how can we know? What if it really was us as your target?As shown in the scouts? Cant we make a move to defend ourselves?

We are trying to hit as fairly as possible. we didnt complain when 3/4 of darden and some isonians gangbanged us last age. We just fought. Although we lost, we still tried to bounce back. Until you brought us deeper underground.

Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:38 pm
Stablehand

However, once again, here is the question:

Quote:
Is it within the parameters of the game as per Guild guidelines to interchange players in a swap and return in order to rise and lower the TNW and ANW and the number ratio of a Guild?

Why you did it does not excuse what you did. Period. You sent a really bad message across all of Maxim. If you THINK a smaller guild MIGHT hit you drop a few players and go happy hunting then accept those you dropped back after. It's wrong. Guild is Guild, for good or bad. Not for GOOD alone. Personally I think you ought to lose those players you dropped and be put on warning. I can only hope you learned anything at all, but I'm not holding my breath.

Every time someone finds a dirty trick of a slimy loop hole the worst of the game seem to take it as stock.

I'm disgusted with it all. I'm not stupid, I know fair war is about as likely to happen as tits on a bull giving milk. But we can damned sure try for it. The only thing holding back anything resembling the thrill this game USED to have are those few who seem willing to slap aside every unspoken rule to get STATUS. *Frustrated*

Anyways... . yeah. *Drops it, the point was made*

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:11 pm
Stablehand

CharLeS`, just so you know we aren't putting this question out there to single out your guild, we're using this as a way to bring this issue to the forefront, if you were the only guild to do this it'd probably make a bitch session on our faithboard but thats about it.

What we're trying to do is point to what we see as a larger problem as a whole. We don't have a problem with Reavers or Foundation or whoever or its members, merely questioning the tactics that have been displayed throughout Maxim lately.

Foret is not the only faith with these issues but its the most glaring so it gets the finger *pointer, not index*. The answer however will help us all, because it is a game issue, not a faith or guild one.

I remember a Foret guild that used to sit atop the ranks all age long that was constantly a target and very rarely downhit...can't remember the name...started with a number...4 or 8 or something ;)

GM - Righteous Fury

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:46 pm
Stablehand

we didnt complain when 3/4 of darden and some isonians gangbanged us last age

Not letting you get away with that remark, Charles.

How the hell is This a gangbang? lol do you even know what a gangbang is?

Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:56 pm
Stablehand

Just because Darden was a tiny faith doesn't mean when a lot of Darden attacks at once that it's a gangbang/faithwar.

And you're claiming you didn't complain? Funny, that's now how I remember it....

1am GMT 27/3/04
[/center]

Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:32 pm
User no longer exists

Anything else you people want to whine about?

Sheesh.

Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:15 pm
Stablehand

Lack of SD postings in the Comments/Questions thread.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:59 pm
Grand Arbiter of NPAC

my apologies for not posting here prior to this. some circumstances arose over the past few days that required me take leave from the game for a short while.

since tga is invariably involved in this as we accepted the reavers members, i figured i should post about this.

crynus - 9sf still got to tithe. that was before they removed megatithing. the first age after tithing was capped, 9sf was still around - but they got bored because of how truly lame it was for them.

so they disbanded.

i furthermore remember a downhit on kan. well, at least, a hit where 9sf said "we're only using 17 members!"

as to the general rule.

this is not something that tga really cares to do. we figured the two members who came with us would be joining us for a war against some targets we had selected - but that fell through. since the targets were cross-faith, i personally didn't want to bundle up dr with some iso guilds. it would be sort of silly, though i certainly can't deny having my hand in inter-faith hits in guilds, lol

when it can be avoided, however, why not?

anyways

like i said, tga doesn't really care to do this. it was a 1 time thing. as to a general rule - let the community police it. it was brought up numerous times about coding guild switching and the like with some added restrictions. it was basically agreed that the community should deal with this, if i'm not mistaken.

i think this game would be a lot lamer if we suddenly had the admin coding 'acceptable tactics' into the game. it would be childish.

WeeC | WTFPWND | NX | NPAC
officially endorses MoP's candidacy

Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:39 am
Stablehand

I was in 9SF, the hit on KaN was necessary (get caught burning, warned, and get caught again, Tariq was a bit stubborn about the whole thing) and still Whit made it as fair as possible.

We got bored because of the 50 members in the guild (Fates,Sages,Eternals) 47 of them were top 50, the other 3 were in the 50-70 range. Whit was always one to further the game, even at the cost of his guild.

That however still leaves us at our present state, Is it not feasible to recode the guild acceptance to not allow a kingdom to change guilds more than x number of times, or just something the admin doesn't feel is necessary?

GM - Righteous Fury

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:04 am
Stablehand

Live by the sword die by the sword.
If your guild gets hit and you send some of your kingdoms off to hide. "safehouse" (what ever the hell that is)
I have a quote from House of a 1000 corpses.
"Run rabbit run rabbit!"

cracks up thinking of a safehouse.
ok all I got to say, back to killing heathens.

Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:44 pm
Stablehand

I believe kingdoms "running" from the guild you are warring with should be handled on a case by case basis, contacting the GM of the new guild and the like to ensure you are doing the right thing, not punishing someone leaving over an unjust hit, etc.

Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:57 pm
Stablehand

Winning at any cost is hardly acceptable. If one Guild does it than other guilds might do it as well and there goes the whole game.

We are not going to change the charter, we will win at any cost, but I have ammended it to reflect a bit more positive outlook on the game instead of implying abusing in game functions.

Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Stablehand

Okay, I was wrong, my apologies to Maxim and to Reverent for being a bitch *beet red*

Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:42 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3