It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:11 pm




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Fountain of Life. *GRAND OPENING* 
Author Message
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 22
Post 
Furio opened his eyes with a start, realizing he had been dozing off. The contents of his empty beakers before him on the table and the effort he had put into his dances were beginning to take their toll on the elf. Sleep seemed to creep upon him like a fog, and he rubbed his eyes fiercly, attempting to ward it off. However the second he stopped rubbing his eyes they started to close again. Reluctantly Furio decided he should find a better spot to catch some shut eye than the hard oak table he was seated at. He struggled to his feet, staggering as his head swam. He noticed ,for what seemed the first time, that several others around him were already asleep, their heads resting on the arms, snoring loudly. He turned from his seat and scanned the room slowly, his eyes searching for a place he could sleep for a few hours undisturbed. His eyes lingered near the fireplace, where someone was already seated comfortably in an armchair. The flickering flames seemed to beckon to him, radiating warmth and comfort.

The elf picked his way through the clutter of tables and patrons between him and the hearth slowly. He was careful not to wander to close to the groups of people drinking and laughing loudly. Furion did not feel like spending any more money on ale, and even less like listening to their tales and jokes. When he finally reached the end of the hall, he sat at an unoccupied table near the fireplace, leaning back against the wall. He adjusted his Strumdiddler beneath his cloak to a more comfortable position and drew the hood of his cloak over his head. He exhaled slowly, letting himself sink deeper in the warm, soothing sea of sleep.

I'll have to think of some good ballads to sing on the morrow, He decided, right before he closed his eyes and let go of all consciousness.

_________________
[glow=red]MY ANGER RAGES[/glow]


Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:37 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:17 am
Posts: 14
Post 
The old man chuckled softly at the words spoken by Darnivan. His face wrinkling oddly for a second, in a sort of way to reveal that he did not laugh too often. It looked to almost take effort on his part to get the chuckles out.

I am a lonely old man, I do not have many scores to settle, for at my age if you have not already settled them they will haunt you night and day. No, but what amuses me is the young man that comes our way. If you look for adventure then he is the man to speak to. He has more mystery and darkness in his life than I would care to have spread out among ten men. I am sure he would be willing to oblige your whims, for the young always seem to seek adventure.

He slowly took another drink, never the while loosing sight of his old companion Furor, who approached him now. They had shared countless nights side by side. He knew Furor inside and out, there was no one else he knew better. Then again, having followed him for twenty five years of his life that sort of thing happens. He grinned wryly in remembrance of the old times gone by, the close shaves, the adventures. But those were the bygone days, it was a pity such a huge void stood between them. He admired the man, but alas the situation could not be changed and always they would stand on opposite sides of the fence.

With a short shake of his head he dismissed the thoughts and addressing Darnivan again he continued to watch Furor.

Aye, he is a man that has a lot to sort out. I would suggest not scratching his itch for adventure, men die that way. But then again, I am but an old decrepit elf He grinned at Darnivan's reaction, aye, you did not know I was elven did you? It is of no matter, I have grown up among the world of men and that is the world I enjoy. No, a word to the wise young man, avoid the adventures, you will live longer.

He paused for a second, but he could not help grinning again. This conversation amused him, the pot calling the kettle black. He couldn't help himself and switching his gaze from Furor, who was only feet away now he turned to Darnivan and winked. His eyes showing wisdom, energy and a danger that his body did not reveal.

But then again my friend, if I were but a few years younger then perhaps my advice would be different!

Giving a last harsh chuckle he lifted his ale and took a large swallow, for no other reason than to ignore the new arrival at the table. That would infuriate him!


Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:30 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:00 am
Posts: 1
Post 
Darnivan listened intently to Greybeards words, watching the approaching Furor and the movement of the man Furor has been wtih towards their table.

Quickly Darnivan wispered, "[I know this man of whom you speak! He is the very one by who's invite I am here. We had met years ago in a land far from here. He told me if I ever came to these parts and was in need of allies to look him up."

Furor had reached the table by then. Turning to him, Darnivan was the first to speak, "Furor! I didn't notice you when I came in...I didn't even think to look for you. How have the years treated you?"

Watching the look in Furor's eye's Darnivan became more alert. Something was going on, something had disturbed him. Maybe this was the adventure he had been looking for coming for him. He could only hope...


Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:07 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:53 am
Posts: 25
Post 
....Hellblazer looked up as the elven man, Furio stumbled towards the fireplace to find a seat. He quickly found an armchair and sat down, sighing as he did so. Hellblazer heard Furio mumble something to himself before closing his eyes. "What was that? Oh..." Hellblazer whispered after hearing Furio begin to snore loudly. Well this man certainly had the right idea, Hellblazer thought to himself as he took one last look around the room before closing his eyes. Hellblazer's mind slowly began to drift off, and his thoughts left the inn slowly engulfing him as they became his surroundings...


Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:07 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 13
Location: St. Louis
Post 
Ammon rounds th corner coming from the kitchen. Bam into a packed house. Pastor runs into him.
"Ammon there ye be man!"

Ammon replies,"Hello, my friend my apologies, we had an accident in the kitchen. One of the Gondka beasts we were prepping to roast was a little two fresh, took out half of our assembly line."

Please say hello to everyone from TT for me. I have a few things i need to do.

Ammon with a slight smile goes over to the main barkeep. Reaching under the counter grabs a loudspeaker.
"Ladies Gentleman, and creatures of all sorts. How about a nice Grand Opening Welcome from us?? Next rounds on the house!!! JIMBO! Lets hear some dancing music!!

The stage in the back lights up, and Jimbo's band is there for some entertainment. Most people miss Jimbo at first glance. You see he's a midgit, adwarf midgit. But he's got a voice i tell ya!!

_________________
TRC
ICQ#42606802]


Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:09 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:17 am
Posts: 17
Post 
Tens of thousands charging feet thundered around him. Smells of acrid death and glorious battle encompassed his path. The charger on which he rode lifts up, standing on its two hind legs. The blood of the ancients coursing through his fiery veins, Nitetime points his sword to the sky and releases a terrible bellow...lightning bolts cascade from the nite sky licking the tip of his sword...fire blazes from the dark general's eyes...

*blinks*

"What in the..."

A tavern.

I'm in a tavern.


The man sits tall and scans the room.

Aha. The tavern of Foundation. Yes I am among friends here else I would not have allowed myself the luxury of a quick cat nap. But oy-the dreams I've been having lately.

Nitetime leans back in his booth and call over two serving girls.

After all, it is still Nitetime.


Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:21 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 8
Post 
The silence was becoming unbearable. Greybeard continued to take what must have been the longest swig in the history of swigs from his ale while Furor stood in silence. What Furor was waiting for only Angelique could tell. Unless Foret was on top of things like that but Darnivan never had much faith in Foret to keep up on the happenings of his followers.

"Hey... This is starting to get uncomfortable... Will someone speak?"

Looking from Furor to Greybeard and back again Darnivan felt despair rising in his throat that either would ever make another move. Sighing with resignation Darnivan sat back to try to wait them both out.

_________________
Lost Soul of SOLO


Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:19 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:21 pm
Posts: 3
Location: In the deepest, darkest part of space. Hey wait a min it is dark here!!!!
Post 
I hope this Fountain of Life is all that I heard that it is. He say that to him self while grabbing the handle to the front doors of the tavern. He opens the door to the Fountain of Life and he was overwhelm of the smell of Ale, Liquor and something that he can not explain. He walks in a very bustle place. He looks around and sees no one that he knows.

He walks right up to the bartender Hey barkeep, give me the strongest drink that you have, and make it quick He spins and looks around the tavern. He sees all types of people here, hoping that nothing will happen here. He looks down on his side and checks his throwing axe on both of his hips. He reaches back onto his back and checks to make sure that his two long blades are sturdy and easy to take out just in case he has to defend him self.

He spins around back to the bar, and here comes the barkeep with something clear and smoking in his hand. He slams the ale down onto the bar right in front of him. The barkeep smiles Good luck lad. I see you in a week once you recover from that drink The barkeep smiles and turns around to tend to someone else. He looks at his drink and smiles, he picks it up and pounds the ale down his throat, [i][b]DEAR GOD, IT BURNS[b][i] he shouts out.

_________________
Freaky, yes. Weak, no.
I do NOT sit at the kid's table, either give
me the big boy toys or send me home!


Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:14 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 195
Post 
Thread's full. Next thread, please.

_________________
Chance is a kind of religion
where you're damned for plain hard luck


Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:50 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore
Free Browser Based Strategy Game - Fantasy Authors, Books and Series