It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:00 am

A circle complete, Judas returns (Closed) 
Stablehand

Post A circle complete, Judas returns (Closed)
The shadows whispered of an approach, whispered into her ears as she sat brooding upon the Throne. There had been few happy moments. There had been only disgust and anger. A fury unspent, a rage unvoiced. The darkness around her seeming to dimish compared to the darkness which seemed to swirl in her eyes. And yet, a second later her head lifted from it's position on her palm and a light entered her eyes. Could it be true? Had he returned at last? Without a moment's hesitation she rose from the Throne, sending the multitudes of imps who had been sitting silent before her running for cover. The flutter of wings as she took great strides, shoving aside the servent who had come to report his arrival so hard that the man was knock limp to the floor after he rebounded off the wall. JUDAS?!? Roared. It would be only seconds later that she burst through the doors. There weren o words as to the depth of her emptiness. It had been so long that he was drawn into blackness, stolen from her grasp, her arms. The days which followed had seemed to become increasingly more volatile. There, he was actually there! Without another word she flung herself at him, neatly taking him from the saddle of the horse, holding him to her tightly. I have missed you more than I can express, my mate. Black are the times and I have been robbed of that which helped to bear me through it. In your absence Toman has fallen to chaos, utterly, and my heart has turned as if to ice.

Though Blinky had managed to keep her from losing her sanity completely. Still there was such joy at his return. A single acidic tear traced down her left cheek to wet his cloak. Tell me you are back for a length of time, Judas. Tell me that you will face this bleak time with me. I cannot bear to think you leaving again. Lips brushed to his as fingers explored, seeking to assure himself he was there, tangable. There was much to discuss and all she could manage was to hold him, to assure herself he was no phantom to melt away from her arms. Whispering to him. I have missed you, my mate, my Judas. In the time he had been gone she had earned a new scar and had grown lean, such was the struggle placed upon them all in these dark times.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:27 pm
Stablehand

Hearing his name roared, a chill ran through him. Seconds later she burst through the keeps great oaken doors, her form much leaner than he remembered. His eyes instintaly gleamed of fire, his temper boiling upon seeing the scar she spoke of. And her words, they pained him, how he wished he could turn back time, take away all of the bad and replace it with good. But fate had a way of weaving things so as there is a balance of both good and bad. For witout one, the other ceases to exist.

I have returned to you my mate. Now the ice within your heart shall warm and melt. Long gone are days of despair for you. I am back for good my Queen. My absence I am sure has troubled you deeply and for that I am sorry. I will explain my disappearance though now is a time I would rather dwell on more pleasant things. I have seen our daughter. She sends her love and this game she had hunted. Quite a well rounded woman she has become. You have done well in my absence, but now I shall carry the burdens and you shall rest. Though your beauty is still unmatched in my eyes, you look tired and worn. You need rest. let us venture inside where we can sit and talk.

Taking her hand in his, he led her inside. Shutting the doors behind their masters, the imps made themselves scarce. They knew privacy was wanted.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:52 pm
Stablehand

There was no protest to his words nor to him leading her inside. It was a great need to simply be at his side again and she was so tired, so very tired. Here was a chance to lift the weight from her shoulders and have a moments peace, to actually rest. The Tower was brightly lit, for the servents had quickly gone to work. Eisheth ignored this, her gaze on him always. Inside she wanted to crawl into his lap and feel his arms around her. In no time they had bipassed the Throne room and found their way to their chambers. Once inside the sword belt was unbuckled and dropped to the floor. The chainmale skirt and shirt followed. There were white robes laid on the bed. In the light the scar at her side seemed angry. Voice lifted to him as she faced him, still naked. She is your daughter, Judas. I see you in her with every movement and word she speaks. I did not expect her to become what she has but I know only pride for her as I hold for Alistar. He too has grown to beauty. I could ask for no better son. Then her arms were around him, face pressed against his chest. A sharp inhail of his scent, feeling the warmth of him. They should focus on the good, not on the sorrow and degredation which surrounded them.

Instead her fingers rushed through his hair. I am complete again, Judas. I do not ask you to explain, I know that you love me. I know that. I never doubted that. I feared you had fallen into the black slumber. Talk to me of pleasant things, let us speak only of these things. I fear if I get started on the happenings in your absence you will end up enraged and murderous. I wish only to hold you and whisper things to ease your soul and troubled brow, my King. Yes, she had called him her King. The demoness who had accepted no other as her equal felt such for him. Through trial and agony he had gone and he had returned to her, the scars of sorrow he wore in his eyes brought her anger and yet he also glowed with love for her. Anger would take a backseat this night. Plucking the rabbits from him and passing them out the door to a servent to make a tray for them both before she locked the door and turned, leaning against the wood and purring. Oh she was going to leave him bowlegged.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:18 pm
Stablehand

Her naked form, as beautiful as he remembered. Pressed against him memories rushed back. Memories of old, times of happiness. But such times were at hand to make new memories, new happiness. Hearing her speak of their son he wondered how much like his mother he had become. But such things were for later consumption. Now was time for just the two of them.

Watching her form as she made her way to the door, he undressed himself. His sword hung from the side of the bed, glowing a cool shade of blue. Its colors seeming to change withhis mood, for on the battlefield it glowed an evil shade of red, blood red to be more precise. Seeing her hand the game out and turn to him he marveled at her form once again. She was the one who made him what he is today, both good and evil. A poetic balance of both. But bloodthirst claimed them both, this was their bond. Both pain and pleasure would be exchanged this evening and this is what they both craved.

Breaking the mood there was a sudden banging on the door.

M'Lord, a message from Mr. Smulligan. It sounds most urgent.Motioning to his lover to dress, he quickly donned his robe and made for the door. Looking back to see she was dressed, he opened it.This better be damn good. For if its not you shall be breakfast for our imps. Now what is so urgent?Mr Smulligan sends word of a man with your daughter at the tavern, he fears she may be in trouble. He also says he thinks the man be the assassin who murdered the guest the other night, though he is unsure.Very well. Send word to him that I will send my personal guards immediatly. They will stay there as guards of sorts, as these times are chaotic and no one can be trusted. Tell him also not to worry of our daughter. She is more than capable of taking care of herself. Besides, I will know should danger come to her. Punishment will be swift and just to the person who brings her harm. Now go, I have matters of my own to attend to here.

Calling to two of his personal guards he ordered them to the tavern to investigate this matter of murder and also gave them orders to do as they must to protect the patrons from matters such as that. The were to be peacekeepers of the tavern. For one was a mage, and the other a theif, a deadly combination for any foe.

Closing the door and turning back to her, he walked to the bed, his robe falling as he reached its side.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:03 pm
Stablehand

There was no shame in her heated gaze over his nude form and she hissed softly as they were interrupted but moved away, pulling the robe before her, but not on. It would only be discarded again. The message delivered. Kariel would handle herself tonight, there was no concern there. Climbing onto the bed and dropping the cloth from her form. He was everything she wished for. Her mate. Dark and light mixed into greys which held many shades. Taking the time to recall her first kiss, it had been wholly unexpected and had stolen her breath away. In no time ince they had been together had she imagined him out of her sight and he had revealed to her the treachery of one she had trusted. At a cost which had left him shaken to the core. A slender forefinger lifted, curling, beconing him towards the bed as she displayed herself for his approval. Whispering to him. You are powerful, Judas, as deep as the darkest chasms. I wonder if you have any idea how strong your presnce is to me, how you call to me with the lightest of glances, how you cause my mind to reel with the lightest of touch. I would slaughter the World for you.

Easing down onto her belly, wings extending, covering the bed. The golden orbs glowed as the wings folded and she rolled onto her back. Looking at him upside down. Taloned fingers slid along her sides, teasing him. I crave to feel your lips upon mine.A snort of heated breath as her eyes closed. How sweet to know his touch again. There would be pain and pleasure, though oddly she craved a gentle touch this night. To know love, not lust.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:22 pm
Stablehand

Moving to her, her words music to his ears. Lying over her now, his arms supporting him, muscles tense as he supported himself, veins bulging from them. His face mere inches from hers, he could feel her breath upon his face. Lowering his lips to hers, a moment of sheer pleasure. Finally they would become one again.

My love long have I awaited this. Hounds of hell nor mares of Nyte could ever drag me from you again. Lookling down at her face it seemed peace had once again swept across it. He features relaxed and peacefull. Rare were times like this with her. Sensing her mood he gently kissed her again this time for quite a while as their tounges flicked back and forth across one another. Tonight would be a night of loving, love without the lust and pain. It was a reunion, a special night. One to be held gently in the back of their heads. For nights like these were few and far between as it was not demons nature to be as such.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:38 pm
Stablehand

Judas.. Whispered and then she kissed him, so softly, so gently. Talons would not break skin this night, teeth would not sink into flesh. There was only the delicious motion of him, the sweet taste of his lips. The thunderous extasy. This night was meant to be a reminder of what held them together beyond the blood and war. There was no rush to this loving, not dire need for agonized release. Lips kissed over his shoulders and neck. Whispering into his ear as they joined beyond the physical. I hold a love for you which can never be replaced, Judas. Love me. Show me without pain what it is to know love. She had never asked for this before. To her love was pain. Love was suffering and yet it appeared she had discovered that love was also soft and sensual. Gazing into his eyes. Holding him in her memory. He was esquisite. A demon who rivaled the greatest and she had been blessed to know him in all ways. Do you wish another child? Breathed into his mouth as they held each other close.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:56 pm
Stablehand

Her request unfamiliar to him. Love was always painfull between them. Especially the physical part. Many a scar adorned his body from their love making sessions, each one reminding him of a night with his mistress. Tonight though he would grant her request as odd as it sounded coming from her. Tonight would be a night like no other for them.

Laying next to her, his hands running through her hair, tracing her face, burning every inch of it into his soul. Loving her so much he feared each minute as if it were something wanting to take her away. Ages pass slower for demons but even they suffered the affliction of old age and even death. For their bodies are still somewhat human as thats what all demons start as. Perhaps this was why he feared time so much. For every minute that passed was another minute closer to their final departure from one another.

Awestruck by her question of bearing another child he answered her sorrifully.
My love, there is nothing I would want more than another child to hold and care for, to see all the things I have missed in the two children's lives we allready have. But this world is not deserving of such a thing, and to bring another here would not be fair to the child either. Perhaps when this time of turmoil and chaos passes my thoughts may differ, but until then I would rather not. It has nothing to do with you, its just like I said, it wouldnt be fair to the child. Lowering his head back next to hers, he looked into her eyes, deep as the Great Abyss and just as mysterious. She was the one who made him whole.

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:24 pm
Stablehand

They had made love slowly and gently and she lay lingering in his arms afterwards with the warmth still tingling on her skin. The words he had spoken to her were mulled over. Finally she spoke as her talons glided across his chest. There is much shame in the lands now, judas. A child would know no lessons in honor from those we war against. Foret makes cheap moves, playing a game of switch and change instead of being men and fighting with no fear of being conquered. For their actions show they would sooner slink to one guild from another rather than seek equal and honorable wars. They interchange to hide their kingdoms and I find it disgusting. They disband and rebind as it suits them and ensure that none will be able to keep them in check. Worse I see no reaction from the Powers that Be and I have come to believe that this is the sort of thing which will destroy the delicate balance which has always made this Sphere of War great. Are we to simply watch as these shallow men dictate the rules of war in such a convoluted manner that it removes all chance for anything resembling right? When does it end? Does it become a game not of guilds but of amphorious conglomerations of people shifting as nomads under no true banner and using any banner under the Foret fool as a safe house? Do we, as Dardens, engage in this sort of bullshit?

Pushing up into a sitting position, brow furrowed in anger and displeasure. So much anger at the cheap things the Foret faith had engaged in. More angry that it had been allowed at all. A hand scrubebd at her face. Frustration seemed to be all she had left any more. What the hell was the use in planning war when any Foret target had become unable to follow? The Isonian's must have been noticing these things as well. A Foret agent had spoken of the reasonings to these cheap moves. To protect themselves and ensure they could not be struck. It was tantamount to cheating. Looking over at him. Perhaps it is time for all of Tonan of Darden and Isnian faith to teach these whelps a lesson. I see more and more vetrans leaving over these things, as they are left feeling abandoned by the Powers. What is the use? What do we fight for it all that should be fought for is turned into this cheap kingdom whoremongering yellow bellied behavior? It sickens me to think of even daring to think of Darden and Isonia working together and yet we MUST get a handle on this and stop it before it becomes the norm. Elsewise I fear I have no reason to be here at all. That all that is sacred on the realm of Tonan, in the shadow of Maxim, has become the worst of the single kingdom realm. It is, in fact, shadow guilds at it's worse and they flaunt it before the Powers! This hissed with such anger before lowering her face to her hands. It had to be dealt with. All that Tonan stood for had become as cheap as a one copper whore.

Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:30 pm
Stablehand

Pondering her words and thinking carefully before answering as her ire was raised.Yes M'Love your right. Things in these lands seem no more to be about honor and respect. Times are changing and though we wish for them to be the old way, new ways will allways be abound. No longer are the days when a war between two guilds was over there was a clear winner and a clear loser, and both of the guilds rose, or fell, with honor. Sure, there were things like this back in the days of old. But nowadays it has seem to become common practice. And although it is not accepted, scars and inner turmoils prohibit the cooperation of seperate faiths and in some cases even the cooperation of a guild of the same faith. But such are the ways in a world made of war.

Enough of this for now. Tonight I have returned. Tonight you and I shall hunt like we used to. War has made us forget things that we once found pleasure in.We shall run through the forests, fly though the skies, hunt mortals as they deserve. Wreaking death and destruction to all in our paths we will rule this night. I fear you have kept too long inside this keep my dear, and your heart bitter and cold for too long. Tonight we shall live again. We shall feel alive, feel the wind on our faces. Tonight we do what predators do...We hunt for prey.

He stood and walked to her side of the bed. taking her by the hand, he led her to the window. Look M"Queen, the moon is full, the night quiet. Perfect for the hunt. Let us gather our clothes and go, it will make us both feel better.

Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:17 pm
Stablehand

Bitter and cold..yes. Beyond all scope and definition. Allowing herself to be led to the window to look out at the moon which shown upon the world below. At last she sighed and nodded, reaching to the table for her armor. He was right, as always. Quickly she dressed, the sword belt left where it lay. Tonight she would hunt with talons and teeth alone. Tonight she would tear flesh and sinew and taste the sweet flavor of hot flesh in her mouth. Blood would be rubbed into her skin until her flesh was red with it and no longer pale. Mind turned from the troubles which had caught them all up and to the hunt with her mate. Golden orbs flowed across his form as her wings whipped open with twin cracks of murder. Forked tongue flickered as if aching to be drenched in crimson already.

Tpnight we grip the world of the night by the throat as drink from an open vein. Hunt and feed. Bitter and cold. He had no idea the depth to which that described her mind set these days. But tonight, tonight was for him. Bloody hunting and violent mating atop corpses. Her muscles screamed for the hunt to begin and she tensed, ready to sweep out into the night at his side. Wanting to honor him with the gifts of murder and show him the true face of love. Painful and slick with vitae.

Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:27 pm
Stablehand

His sword not on his side but used to bar the door shut. Looking over at his mate, her true form, Demonic in all her prowess and power. The form he had fallen in love with.

Corded Muscles rippled as he crossed the room. His form shifting from that of a man to that of his true form, a Demon. Wings ripping human flesh as they tore though his back violently. Eyes changed from blue to black. Ears changing to ones almost like those of a bat, pointing straight up in the air. His teeth growing longer, canines protruding past his bottom lip. All of this a bloody ritual. One of pain bringing pleasure in its wake. Blood trickled from all the wounds inflicted during the transformation, disappearing before it could reach the floor and puddle, afterall it was just part of the illusion. Demons don't bleed.

Standing at her side they were a fearsome sight. Death and Destruction were coming to Tonan tonight, but tonight they would be called Judäs and Eisheth. Tonight would be some peoples last. Nodding to her, he lept from the balcony plunging downward at breakneck speed. Almost to the ground he flexed his wings downward propelling himself into the night where him and his Queen would feast like only Demons could.

Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:45 pm
Stablehand

Blood and death to any who came into their path this night and that was exactly what she wanted and needed. To long had she sat brooding in her anger and loathing of all about her now it was time to flex wings and taste the salty copper of rent flesh and torn sinew. The normal form she wore rippled away until she stood as her more demonic self. Dripping acid from between massive jaws. Talons curled black against scaled thighs. Barbs shot from her spine and ankles, her elbows and wrists. The wings flashed from white to golden black, a nightmare color which showed no festivity whatsoever. Then she flung herself from the window in persuit of Judas, spiraling downwards and raking the soil with talons as she rocketed after him. The winds eddied behind causing cyclones of leaves and dirt.

The moon overhead only served to grant her sharper vision and she could fairly taste the tang of fear on the air. Could hear the desperate throbbing of hearts caged within chest cavities. How her mouth watered with the thought of bringing jaws down on those still hot muscles and feeling the vitae explode down her throat. So thrilled by this that her roar echoed across the realm before her and shattered the night. Catching up to Judas easily and flicking a claw along his back in a zipper of hot pain, hissing a pleasured promise before her attention turned towards the nearest hovel. She did not bother finding ground, but tore into it, ripping it apart as she snatched up an occupant between her teeth and gnashed her teeth. Flesh parted, blood spurted and her wet cry of triumph was just the beginning. Tonight she would feast. Tonight she was a blood hungering bitch hell bent on destruction and Darden help any heathen who got into her path this night. Taloned fingered ripped the heart from the chest of the dead form and held it aloft for Judas.

Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:52 pm
Stablehand

The messenger delivered the message to Alistar nervously. It was well known he had the same temperment of his mother and therefor they had to be most careful around him. The knock upon the door came firmly and confidently though inside the messenger was frightened badly enough to have to force himself not to flee as footsteps were heard nearing the door. It was pushed into the cracked opened and he fled a second later. Swallowing hard and thinking the gold piece payment was far to little a payment for such a hazardous duty. The seal was done in red wax and maked with the signet of Kariel. The letter itself was written in fine ink.

Quote:
My dearest Alistar,

It has been long since we have written to one another. I know you are kept busy with your studies and arts so I shall not seek to bore you with flowery renditions of my adventures. That, my dear brother, I will save for dinner tomarrow eve. Father has returned and I will be bringing a deer for a feast. (If you wish fresh heathen you will have to bring your own as it is not my way to devour that which I live amoung and converse with daily.) I was hoping you might join us. Though our paths parted long ago we are blood and I do care for you a great deal.

It would lift my spirits if you were to attend and I believe both Father and Mother would be delighted to have you there as well. Perhaps you can show me your latest spell. Please attend Alistar. I miss you terribly.

With love,
Kariel

Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:08 pm
Stablehand

Looking over to her as she held the heart aloft, Such a beautiful creature of destruction she was. Taking the heart from her, still beating, he bit into it. The taste sweet but yet slightly coppery. Blood dripping from his chin and running across the side of his face as they flew through the night. Hunting with her made him feel complete once again, this was where he belonged, by her side.

Soaring through the night air he looked for their next target. As he swooped down, the sound of the heathens sleeping, their breath shallow, the heartbeats slow. Homing in on the loudest heartbeat, he tore through the side of the tent from which it eminated. Snatching the woman from her bedroll he carried her off into the night. One flick of the wrist was all it took to silence her. One faint crack was all that was heard as her neck broke. Stopping and landing in a clearing, he laid the woman down, offering her to Eisheth to feast upon.

Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:35 am
Stablehand

The hunt was good for nothing freed the spirit the way hunting did. The feeling that all was reachable and capable of being brought to naught. The heart was quickly devoured, the ichor dripping from lips to spatter across her breasts. The night was like a lover to them both holding them in its arms and sheltering them from all light. This was a pleasant thing for her. For light could be troublesome and annoying. The darkness was her domain it always had been. The shadows were her greatest allies and they told no secrets. Tonight she flew with Judas at his side, hunting as he hunted and reveling in the pure abject thrill of it. Watching as he darted down and plucked up the next morsel and finding her juices flow at the sound of bone breaking and the finality of death brought to another. The ground was underhoof, for her form had taken on more of its true nature. Acid dripped from between teeth and sizzled across the grasses, turning them black which turned to dust as she passed through it. The victem layed at her hooves. Crouching down and hissing softly, her golden orbs on Judas as talons slipped through the flesh of the belly and stirred the innards. The sweet wet sound caused her heart to lfutter. Drawing talons out and flickering forked tongue to lap up the juices. Then dropped her gaze and tore into the flesh hungrily.

Eagerly devouring the hot meat. There was no dainty eating, that was not her way. Gorging herself on the life giving flesh until she could eat no more. Then licked her lips and gazed at Judas again. Tastey,sweet meat. Mmm, my sweet mate. Rising, though in what could only be seen as a defensive position. Eyes flickering over his form. Thighs soaked with her foul juices. There was a look in her eyes which betrayed her hungers for him. Snarling to him. We shall tear the throat from the world and roll in it's bloody offal. I hunger for war. Always war. It calls to my soul and screams for my sword. I have no peace from it. There is not enough blood in this world to sate my desires. Almost pained with the words. Craving, aching. Wanting war. It was as if War itself had infected her, had always infected her. Unwilling to unloose it's hold on her heart and soul. It drove her and she seemed a more than willing zealot to its demands. Bloody fingers stroked her htighs, smearing them with vitae. Moaning heatedly as she stared at him.

Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:54 pm
Stablehand

Awaiting her to finish, he eyed the prize hungrily. For the heart of the last victem did nothing but make him hungrier. As she finished and stood over it he approached. A low growl eminating from him. With his queen, sometimes offense was the best defense. She was his queen but in matters such as this he new it wise to be cautious. For even though he was her equal, she would not think twice in her blood induced state to pounce on him and harm him greatly before she even new it. So with teeth bared he slowly made his way to the feast that lie under her. As the glowing orbs hovered above him he bowed his head and made way to the food. A bow not in subservience, but in caution. A mere flick of her wrist could take his sight forever.

Listening to her words while waiting for her to move off the kill he pondered them. War did fuel her and killing is what she craved. This perhaps is what drove him to her like a moth to flame. Never did he imagine to be her equal, and becoming that had almost killed him. But such times were gone. Now he hungered for war, for blood, for destruction. Perhaps it was her influence, perhaps it was just the darkness that everyone has that had taken over him. Whatever it was, never had he felt so alive.

As she moved from the kill allowing him to feast he gorged himself until full. Standing upright and looking to her he motioned into the night.

Perhaps we should return home and prepare for dinner this eve. It had been long since I have feasted with my family all together. Long have I waited for it.

Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:45 pm
Stablehand

Standing there trembling, not attacking him. There was no need to harm him. No drive to. He was her equal, her mate. Moving aside while he ate, taloned fingers stroking down his back lightly. There was such desire in the sound of tearing flesh. The chewing of raw meat. As he rose she kissed him, forked tongue flickering to taste the blood on his tongue. Holding him there a moment. Meeting his eyes. You are my mate, Judas. There are things about you I seem not to be able to possess. You weep where I find it almost impossible. You know a touch of humanity and I know only death dealing and murder. Together we make the perfect whole. Releasing him from her hold and taking his hand. Looking up into the night sky. They were together. That was what she needed. Hm, at her side. Wings unfurled and she flung herself violently upwards into the sky. He had drawn her with his gentle manner, his quiet rage so carefully secluded. The way he fought to stay at her side and never questioned her abilities. It was good to feel completely accepted by Judas. He did not seek to change her and that gave her freedom.

Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:15 pm
Stablehand

Her words rang true, they did make each other complete. Though trials and tribulations had befallen their relationship, here they stood, once again, steadfast and at the ready to take onall comers. Reveling in the silence of the night, he gazed upon her. Such a creature of destruction, he envied her. He sometimes wished he could turn off what human emotions that still remained trapped inside him. Sometimes the hurt was unbearable, untolerable. But slowly that hurt was turning. Turning into something more evil and more sinister than any had ever seen. Soon the world would come to know this rage.

M'Love, things in this world are changing. I fear some of the things we hold dear will be swept away. Just know that no matter what shall ever happen...I will will always be right where I am now... At your side.

Releasing her hand, he made for the night sky, the keep, rising from the ground like a monolith lit the night as a beacon for them to find their way home.

Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:55 pm
Stablehand

M'Love, things in this world are changing. I fear some of the things we hold dear will be swept away. Just know that no matter what shall ever happen...I will will always be right where I am now... At your side.

How quickly those words fell to fallow fields. How bitter a revelation it was, as she sat upon her throane and gazed out at the cold sunlight. Lies. Madness and lies. Forever had been such a short time once those words had been spoken. Such hatred spat upon ugly air and now, now there was nothing and she would survive. The circle was shattered and would be left as such. There had been support through fetid turbulance which would have sent another into the night. But now, after all that had happened. Now she was alone.

Taloned finger summoned a shadow. Gazing at it quietly for the longest time, as if seeking to force a face upon the shapeless form, then hissed softly. Find me Blinky, summon him to my court. Judas has gone from this place. There is much I have to do. Not capable of weeping? There were times when she was grateful that she was incapable of such. The shadow vanished as she lowered her gaze to the floor before her throne and waited. So much for Forever.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:54 pm
Stablehand

The shadow crept across the wall of his chamber, and Blinky listened to the message. It was a summons from his mistress. From the tone of the message, he sensed something was wrong. His guess was that it had something to do with the departure of her lover from the Reality. Going to a cupboard, he reached inside and took out a vial. Sprinkling a little of the liquid on himself, he spoke a few arcane words, and was immediately transformed into shadow. Following close behind the messenger, he made his way to Eisheth.

As he entered her chamber, he saw her sitting on her throne. Creeping around to the back of her throne, he materialised and dropped onto her shoulder. It probably was not the best way to enter a demoness' presence, but he was an imp, and imps love to have a little fun. "I am here for you, my mistress," he whispered into her ear.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:29 pm
Stablehand

There was no aggressive movement as Blinky dropped to her shoulder, small imp fingers curled about the base of one horn as he leaned in to whisper. The tickle of breath through alabastor hair carried the words to herm ind so clouded with unsipped emotion. Those emotions which were to be devoured. At last her lips parted, speaking to him as if all were fine and well. Thank you for coming so quickly, Blinky. There is much we have to attend to. The Lord has left Demonic Reality for reasons which are best not openly discussed. It only drives my hatred of one heathen to new levels that his ignorance and foul mouth has severed what was, once, unshakable. We must gather forth those who remain and stand firm in the face of adversity. Come, let us affect to less depressing climate.

Rising smoothly and striding towards the blood dripping doorway. A wing shifted to protect him from the warm flow as she stepped through. The age would bring much test to them all. It had already shown where they had been weak and had cost much. Guild came above all. It came above the petty insults of a heathen who found himself clever and witty and shattered something sacred. Guild had to come first, for she was responsible for those who followed her banner, responsible TO them as well. Sickened that one heathen could have done what was done and vowing always to keep his name in the red of hatred and to seek for all time to give him nothing but like kind in return. She had lost a mate and worse, she had lost a friend. Shutting the doors, taloned fingers stroking along Blinky's scaled back. What a stupid world. Hissed.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:15 pm
Stablehand

Blinky saw the underlying rage that burned in his sould reflected in his mistress's eyes. It was a rage fueled by the disrespect that ran rampant in these dark times. There had always been war in these lands, but war was neither good nor evil in and of itself. It was the motives that drove war which decided the nature of war. These days, it seemed all wars were driven by greed or revenge. There was a darkness that seeped from the hearts of those locked in these futile, greed-driven wars and covered all the lands with their foul stench. Indeed, this was a stupid world.

Blinky found himself recounting words spoken to him a long time ago. "It is not the wars that breed death and discontent, it is the greedy warlords intent on their own selfish needs. It is not magic that wreaks havoc on innocents, it is the sorceror driven by the lust for power and domination. It is not the gold that breeds evil, it is the thief who desires wealth above all else. And it is not hope that drives our quests, it is those who inspire hope, those things in life that are worth fighting for." With these words spoken, he added one more thing. "It is who for whom I fight, you who inspires hope when all else is falling to dust."

Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:00 pm
Stablehand

There was a pause to her steps, eyes canted to the left to take in blinky. There was no jest in his words and she was, honestly, shocked by them. Lifting a hand to gentle catch him up, drawing him out in front of her as he was left to perch on her palm. Do I really, Blinky? Is it possible for a demon to inspire such a thing? When all hope seems lost we must become that which we desire and need the most. Perhaps I am..perhaps I am capable of that. Drawing him to her and brushing a kiss across his brow before replacing him back to her shoulder. His form tucked between her wings at her shoulders and tangled in the white hair.

It is greed which brings about evil. It is hatred which drives destruction. Still I see others rising from it and shedding the shadowed garb of hopelessness. Times are changing, perhaps for the better. But what a world where one heathen can spell the end of love so easily. What a world where friendship is cut to the quick with the thoughtless insults of another.

I miss Judas already.
For a second her voice was thick with unshed emotion, and then swallowed back. Refusing to give into it. Instead her shoulders squared and she nuzzled the imp's cheek. Producing the flower he had once created for her. It was in perfect condition. Let us plant this rose so that it might grow wild and free across Tonan in the symbol of Hope. It's red color for valor and its thorns ever a reminder that Hope can be painful if mishandled. It will serve to remind me as well, that nothing lasts forever and even beauty is fleeting.

There on the battlefield she knelt, taloned fingers grimmed with soil as she dug a hole and planted the rose.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:28 pm
Stablehand

As she planted the rose, he thought upon her words. Indeed she did inspire hope, the hope that even after all else had faded, she would remain. While it was true that demons rarely showed emotions, and few people thought demons even had the capacity to feel, his mistress had proved them wrong. Indeed, that too was a hope to him. Indeed, in the swirling, deepening darkness, he had found his light, and he would hold true to her no matter what.

Once the rose was planted, he placed his hand on the earth next to it. His voice chanted softly words of power, a spell he had learned from his former wizard master. The chant lasted for several minutes, and without obvious effect. The rose appeared to become more robust, healthier, but apart from that, nothing. Suddenly, the rose wilted, died, shed its seeds, budded, and reflowered in a single moment. A few seconds later, a field of young plants popped their heads through the earth for their first glimpse of sunlight. "This field of roses will surely survive any hardship, as will we," Blinky stated softly. Clambering back up to his perch atop Eisheth's shoulder, he gazed around at the field of blooming roses. Hope, indeed - a splash of colour in an otherwise bleak landscape. So it went, and so it always would be.

Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:57 pm