It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:32 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Omenta D'Istari ~Shades of Grey~ Closed to Tiavain 
Stablehand

Post Omenta D'Istari ~Shades of Grey~ Closed to Tiavain
The play for power never ended. While the city fought the wars that the world outside brought to the city gates, there were still battles. Houses rose, Houses fell, but the great ones remained solid, never wavering. They had been there from the beginning and were determined to rule throughout time.

This was the reason Astavia had no choice but to call an emergency meeting. It was her duty to announce to the Council that she had taken House Tarrant under her protection. If she knew that the Lord Tarrant was no longer in power, it would soon be common knowledge. It would take little work to discover that the House was in the control of a grief stricken, inexperienced vampiress and the ambitious would soon be plotting their moves to take power. Knowing that House Dovanucci had taken over would deter the upstarts. Most would not want to, nor had the resources to launch a coup upon both Houses, especially one as strong as Dovanucci. Not only that, but this announcement would add substantially to the image of power of House Dovanucci.

She whispered the password before the doors and they opened before her revealing the Council Hall. She was early as usual and made her way to her seat facing the door. They would see her when the doors opened. Astavia Dovanucci. Fanyare Istar of Tiavain, leader of House Dovanucci and protectorate of the grey House Tarrant.

My stave predicts my path, white on winter white,
cold as bones left in the ashes of abandoned fire rings
[/center]

Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:50 pm
Stablehand

Wanting to get more involved with House events and policies, Tanarri was not going to miss the announced meeting. He seemed exciting. He always did love to get news even if he tried to keep himself out of news. He entered the council hall, thinking to himself that he looked pretty sharp in representing House Dovanucci. Presentation was important.

He came to the inner chamber door and looked at it for a moment. It didn't have handles on it nor did it budge when he pushed on it. Something told him he was missing something. Dahhh...it dawned on him. For a person he didn't use magic extensively it didn't occure to him about the magic password. But he did remember what Astavia told him it was. He felt very pleased and trusted that she give him such privilege. He just hoped he didn't miss pronounce it.

He cleared his throat and spoke it, in the second after it opened. He stood there in a bit of awe that it worked. When it opened it he saw members sitting in, quickly he stepped through not wishing to draw too much attention. His eyes darted around and saw some benches to sit on. He knew very well he wasn't in one of the big chairs at the table. Settling down calmly in his seat he took the time to view who was present. Indeed Astavia wasn't hard to find. He was looking forward to what was going to be discussed.

Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:20 pm
Stablehand

So Lord Tarrent was gone. It was a good riddance as far as Malcolm was concerned. Though their two houses were never in any direct feud Malcolm and Tarrent had still never gotten along very well. The leader of the neutral house was often openly confrontation towards the Lord Bainev and at times even disrespectful. In Malcolm's opinion he did not behave as a house leader should, especially when dealing with the other house leaders, and to a person who places a great deal of importance on appearance such as Malcolm, Tarrent's improper behavior was always bothersome.

But he was gone now. Malcolm could see little bad that could come of this situation. It weakened the Tarrent House, and when another house became weaker at least one of the others must gain. Perhaps it would be House Bainev that would gain, and even if not, the new leader, should one be put in place, would surely not be so bothersome to Malcolm and Tarrent had been.

The doors to the meeting hall opened, and standing at the entrance was Malcolm with his usual entourage. His sister, the beautiful yet brooding Alisia Bainev, to his left. And his bodyguard, the dangerous and secretive Mantella. The first sight to meet Malcolm's eyes as he entered was Astavia Dovanucci. The handsome man smiled and crossed the room to her. Alisia watched with disgust and Mantella observed with indifference, as he bowed to her with a flourish, and greeted her.
"Lady Dovanucci, a pleasure to see you as always."

Apperance is Everything

Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:40 pm
Stablehand

Thenician heard the news of a Council meeting, and decided to attend. Regardless of the news, he felt it was a good idea to learn as much as possible about the inner politics of this city.

As he arrived outside the council hall, he saw Lord Bainev and his party waiting as the doors opened before them. He quickly ran behind them as they walked in and pretended to be part of their group as they entered. Once inside, they walked one way and Thenician quickly parted. Finding a seat next to Tanarri, he sat casually.

He turned to his right to face Tanarri and extended his hand in introduction.

"Captain Thenician Dusk, what's all the fuss about?"

"How 'bout I alter your face?"
-Thenician Dusk

Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:48 pm
Stablehand

A meeting. An oppertunity to flaunt the power of House Risetti. His power, at least, until Lord Risetti returned. Never understood the way of things, and he was indeed the most powerful in the house, a notable power in the city itself. And he grew stronger every day. But today, representation of the House was paramount, and he stood before the enterance now, Bathasar at his back.

morchiant lu sinta The doors swung open, and Never entered, Bathasar close behind. He noted that Lord Bainev had already arrived, with his rabble. They did flock together, the arragant ones. Ah, and Lady Dovanucci. Never continued in, to the table. Reserved for house leaders, Never sat in the Patriarch's seat. Lord Risetti would be proud. He handed the eight foot, black-clad individual standing behind his seat, like a good bodyguard, his cane for safe keeping. Such a beautiful cane, black ash topped with a many facited piece of obsidian.

Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:07 am
Stablehand

Astavia's early arrival to the meeting had been even more important to her. Oh, yes, she enjoyed taking the seat at the head of the table. It gave her an air of authority over the others. Or this meeting there was an added reason to arrive early, an urgent reason.

Her eyes.

Since the night she had used The King's Tear, she had been blind. Though no one had ever known, it had happened before. The first time, years ago, for a very few minutes of terrifying blackness, nothingness. Then it had happened again, whenever she had used powerful light magic, each time, her blindness lasting a little longer than the last. She had come to expect it, an unwelcome constant in her life, and the knowledge that she would be blinded, made her more cautious in her use of the magic. It was only because of the lich's presence this past night, that she decided to use The King's Tear, for she had known that the possibility of it rendering her blind was great. Rationally though, she supposed that if she were blinded permanently, the problem would be over and the light could no longer hurt her. But, it would cause all sort of other problems.

For instance, if any had seen her hesitating walk, her need for guildance to the Council Hall this morning, it would have told them that there was something wrong. It would be a sign of weakness and the other Houses would watch and plot.. So, she had called up an Unseen Servant, to guide her from the litter to the inside of the building. Of course he couldn't enter this room, for it had been warded a dead magic zone. Necessary, for at times the discussion amongst the Housees became very heated and magic was reflex for some.

So, now the Unseen Servant waited beyond the doors. Astavia had felt her way to the table and along to her seat. The fact that she was starting to see some light and shadow had helped her. It also lifted her spirits, for it meant that the blindness was starting to retreat. She had sat, thankful for her scarves and veils, which she had pulled as close to her eyes as possible, making them sheltered from any overly observant prying eyes.

As people started to arrive, she sat tall, her head forward, eyes straight forward, hoping that people would merely think her haughty, arrogant and cold, for not looking to them or acknowledging them. Some though, were easy to recognise. Tanarri. That familiar acrid smell which always foretold his arrival. Malcolm... his voice... She could hear the rustle of silk and knew his sister was with him. She had nodded in response to his words. She was glad she couldn't see him. It was best, not to gaze upon that face.

She heard another enter and his introduction, so was aware that it was Captain Thenecian Dusk who had arrived and was seated along the wall by Tanarri.

Then, the door opened again. She listened, closely. Two sets of feet, one heavier, one lighter. A cane. He pulled the chair out at the foot of the table. Miliardo Risetti?! Had he resurfaced from where ever it was he had disappeared to? She waited, looking at the table, not looking directly across at whoever sat across from her. There was no greeting. He always greeted her, for he knew that speaking to him annoyed her. Everything about him annoyed her. It was not Miliardo. Who was it?

Astavia cursed her blindness.

[/center]

Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:14 pm
Stablehand

As Malcolm began to rise he looked into Astavia's face. There was a strange look in her eyes. Normally when she saw him, he could detect a bit of a reaction there, but not this time. Perhaps she was growing better at hiding it, or, may the gods forbid it, she no longer reacted to him. Or perhaps there was something else wrong. The wealthy gentleman had little time to act upon his suspicion when another matter caught his attention. Never, one of Risetti's followers had entered and taken a seat at the end of the table opposite Astavia, it was a very bold move. Malcolm looked at him a moment and then walked slowly over towards him, Mantella took up stride next to him, less Never's large bodyguard pose some sort of a threat.

"That seat doesn't seem to suit you Never. Does your master know you besmirch his locus so? Or do you rest yourself there by your own accord?"

Apperance is Everything

Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:39 pm
Stablehand

Lord Bainev, not even a trifle greeting for Patriarch of House Risetti? No? No matter. As to your inquiring,hat goes on in My house is of no concern to you. However, being the polite individual that I am, I will oblidge you with an answer; Lord Risetti is dealing with more important matters, and has taken a hiatus beneath his home, as he has done many times before. In his absence I am Law in this House. A simple matter, really...

Never smiled, and it did not reach his eyes. He also remained sitting, pointedly. Malcolm would get as much respect as he gave. Bathasar simply stood impassive, unmoving. Never looked past Malcolm, to Lady Dovanucci. His cold, grey eyes took her in. There sat the power of the city. Aye, impressive, yet she said nothing. Very odd. Lady Dovanucci, it is good to see you here. But then, where else would you be? Another smile, obviously an afterthought.

Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:32 pm
Stablehand

"Ah, so you are Risetti's presiding patriarch, a simple matter indeed. But was the counsel ever informed of this change? I know the message certainly never reached me. I think perhaps for this meeting it would be best that you take seat elsewhere, and leave this position to a true leader. Its a matter of security you understand. Such matters as the placement of interim leaders must be brought to the council; it is a measure intended to prevent foul play. That is to say the necessity of counsel intervention is meant to discourage attempts by unauthorized peoples to assume the power of their masters. I am sure nothing like this has occurs in your case, but we still should follow through with procedure so as not to undermine its effectiveness. So if you would be so kind as to take another seat, we will bring up the matter of your position during this meeting, time permitting."

There was civility between the two dark house leaders, but the undertones of challenge in their conversation was likely apparent to all.

Apperance is Everything

Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:57 pm
Stablehand

How kind of you to worry about the security of the council. But no, I think I will keep my seat. Internal House matters need not be discussed by the council. It has been informed, as are you right now. As everyone is aware no one usurpes anything form Millardo Risetti. Therefore, it only follows that my own position in my house has been delt with. As you know, the city is governed by the council, but we handle our own house affiars. Once again, House Risetti does thank you for your concern. I am sure there are matters to be discussed this day, a trifle more important then the affairs of House Risetti, whom I will be representing here today.

Never sat back in the House Risetti seat, and smiled at Malcolm, again, one which never reached his eyes.

Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:25 pm
Stablehand

"My my, your defensiveness over this matter and unwillingness to let the counsel preside over it rises up a bit of suspicion in mind about your true intents. Perhaps you do seek to unseat Miliardo in his absence. It may be truth that no one usurps Lord Risetti, but that does not mean that no one tries. But I do suppose, as you said, that it is none of my concern. The weakening authority of your house could do little harm to mind. And keep your seat if you wish. It is not like I desire it; it is always the chairs which bare the most responsibility that crumble the soonest."

With that Malcolm turned his back to Never and took his seat along one side of the table.

Apperance is Everything

Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:51 pm
Stablehand

Location: one horse town in Kansas, well yes Kansas but dont see any horses here but plenty of Cows....
He whispered the words to enter and went and took a seat by one of the corners. Greetings all, I hope the night finds you all well.

He watched the other house leaders with interest. He knew this could prove to be an interesting meeting as could any meeting of all of them. He knew not one of them had the powers to make him nervous. Especially with all that he felt was going on he was not worried about it.

He sat there just staring off and waiting for the meeting to be ready to start

Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:49 pm
Stablehand

(OOC: slightly unsure whether this meeting is for House and/or City Leaders.)

In the past I had left the governance to those House and City Leaders who has best been able to serve the interests of Tiavain. And they had not been found lacking for Tiavain was a great city and served Isonia well. Over the time I had been here it was found that I too had served Tiavain well so that my voice may be added to those in Council. No longer was it sufficient that I follow the lead of others. For now my duties and responsibilities to Tiavain had grown and it would be inappropriate for me to not attend.

It was not as though I did not wish to join the Council as it convened. However I had heard that such meetings could easily devolve into hours of House bickering and I found little practical use for this type of communication...or lack of.

Morchiant lu sinta

The heavy doors shifted open silently allowing me to enter. Council affairs would require most formal attire (but indeed what occasion did not?) and I chose a deep green, stiff and unadorned gown. I had the corset laced tighter than normal and my servants dressed my hair high with no jewels. It would never do to become too comfortable during the meeting. My servants waited in my carriage as I entered alone.

Our Fanyare Istar was seated facing the entrance. As soon as the doors had closed behind me, I stopped and bowed to the Lady Dovanucci.

Greetings Fanyare Istar, my Lady Dovanucci, my Lords and Ladies. I hope I have not kept anyone waiting.

Upon proceeding to the table, I noted those present. Sitting next to a noble I did not recognise, I winced inwardly at the sight of Lord Tanarri. But of course he would be here, I would simply have to ignore him. I was at least relieved he would not be sitting at the table. I smiled at Lord Aranor, pleased that he could make attendance.

Nodding to the Bainevs, I noticed a member of House Risetti sitting in at the end of the Council table. Given all the political movements lately I was not surprised that I did not know this man. No doubt he consorted with the worst of beings, as did Milliardo. I nodded to the Lord in acknowledgement.

I sat at the Council table opposite Lord Bainev, after all I was not here to represent House Bainev strictly speaking, although if votes were to be cast would anyone really believe that I wouldn't.

~Maxim Code of Conduct~

Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:56 pm
Stablehand

She arrived council hall just in time to catch the tail end of the confrontation between Never and Malcom Bainev. Though she quirked an eyebrow at the fact that the head of the Risetti House was absent as well, she did not dwell on the thought for too long. She had more important concerns to keep her mind occupied this day.

Just a few hours before, the vampiress had attempted yet again to gain access to the main tower of the House Tarrant. She had tried several times to breech the barriers that had suddenly erected themselves around every entryway. However, she had always met with the same result.

Absolutely nothing.

Ever since receiving the note on the eve of Feroz's rebirth, V'ranyl had known that he had finally made his way back to the main grounds of the House of Neutrality. However, for some strange reason she couldn't quite fathom, there was no further contact from him after that time, as he sealed himself in the main tower, placing up wards that prevented anyone from entering it. Exasperated, the vampiress finally gave up trying to see him face to face.

"Fine. You want to lock yourself up in your tower like a recluse, be my guest. I just wanted to let you know that there has been a council meeting called today for all Houses and their rulers. It was called because I had asked the head of the House Dovanucci, Fanyare Istar Astavia Dovanucci for her aid in protecting this House in the absence of any true ruler.

"And before you go twisting my insides out with this blasted collar of yours, just know that I had no other options left. It was weeks since I was left with three others to take care of this House, only to have two of them abandon me without any warning and the third... well the third had his reasons. I kept up the semblance of Tarrant's presence for as long as I could. But you know as well as I that I didn't have the power necessary to defend this House should war erupt into the city, or Goddess forbid one of the other, more ambitious Houses in the city try to usurp my control and take this neutral area for its own. I didn't know you would be returning so soon, or else I would not have gone to the Fanyare Istar and put myself into the hands of a person who would like nothing more than to see myself and all my kind wiped off the face of the city."

She sighed, frustrated beyond all comprehension at his lack of response.

"Regardless, I need to go to the council to represent the House Tarrant. They are expecting me, as I am the one they believe is currently in control of it. If you are anything like the previous master of neutrality, I know that you will want to make some kind of grand entrance at some fashionably late time period when everyone has gathered at the meeting hall, so as to make the most impact when you declare who you are, how you came to be here, and why you have decided to come back now.

"I should warn you that the council meeting hall is a magic dead zone. It has been warded so that no kind of spell can be cast within, or penentrate from beyond. You must also speak a password to be allowed entry into the hall as well. It is written down on a scroll in your study bearing the seal of the Dovanucci House. I had left it in there before you came back and sealed yourself in. I'll be sure to keep your seat warm till you decide to make your grand entrance."

And with that she left the Tower and headed out to the meeting.

Once within, after silently watching the confrontation between Never and Malcom come to an end, V'ranyl made her way into the interior of the meeting hall. She floated across the floor calmly, her head held high and her gold eyes carefully scanning the room. The hematite disk bearing the Tarrant crest at her throat seemed to glow in the torchlight. She came to a halt before the head of the Dovanucci House and curtsied gracefully.

"Good day, Fanyare Istar. I apologize for not arriving sooner. There was a matter at the Tower that I was attempting to resolve. Also, thank you... for everything... I am eternally in your debt."

Rising quietly, V'ranyl then went to take her place in the seat that was reserved for the head of the House of Neutrality.

House Tarrant

Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:57 am
Stablehand

And so it started, as it always did. The squabbling, the power plays, the constant conflict which was inevitable whenever the House Leaders gathered. It promised to be a long meeting. Already Astavia could tell she would be taxed by her lack of sight. She could not see the expressions upon people's faces, which told so much more than words at times, she could not see where people were, who people were, although, thankfully, with everyone now speaking and offering greeting, she had identified most.

It was with no surprise that this new, self proclaimed leader of House Risetti, seemed to possess many of the same traits as Miliardo himself. She let his sarcastic comment slide with but what she hoped was a haughty and dismissive nod. The nod became her greeting of the day, as Thaumaturgist Aranor, Val'Istar Anne and Thaumaturgist Vranyl offered their greetings.

She garnered from the proximity of the voice that Val'Istar Anne had deigned to seat herself at the table, across from where Malcolm sat. Quite in character, thought Astavia. They did presume to have much power. She toyed with the idea to have Tanarri join them at the table as well, but decided to leave him where he was. Let the House Bainev have two representatives at the table. Let them think this illusion would deem to make them seem more powerful, and it would, to some. Not to her. The Val'Istar Anne was skilled at her job, highly skilled, and ambitious also, it seemed. She must be watched more closely.

Vranyl's greeting to her, she was sure had reached more than a few curious ears, especially the debt part and wondering what it was for and how it would be repayed. Let them wonder. Their curiousity would soon be sated.

Her sightless eyes travelled about the room, as if they could see. Let them think she was watching them.

"I believe we wait upon Arbiter Elegantarium Dusty of The Society. Let us give him a few more moments to arrive, then we shall begin with or without him."

[/center]

Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:25 am
Stablehand

Reading the scroll's that I had placed in front of me, I scan through them one by one, reading of the enchantments that Tarrant had placed over the grounds of the House, and over other areas of the city. Intresting how everything was connected to the House Tarrant grounds. If Tarrant fell, so did the wards around almost all the city. My grandson had done his job well, by the looks of things. He has made it where Tarrant was at least safe from permenant damage due to the fact that with everything connected, and the city depending on the wards, they needed the basic rune that was in the tower here to stand for the entire system to work. Pondering if he had explained this to the other rulers while he worked his magic, I smile as I feel the memory come up of him keeping his secret with him, his power more so by the keeping of it then by the telling.

Hearing a blast at the ward around my door again, I shake my head. For a few days now, it seemed as if Vranyl had attempted my types of spells to gain access to the main Tower, knowing I had returned but not why I had not left my tower yet. Smiling softly to myself, I think of the power she must be weilding now. She was Ruler of Neutrality, and ohhh how that much burn her ass to know she has to keep the House safe. But I needed to know more about this treaty between Donvanucci and herself. Plus I needed to know about the other rulers, and thier methods of working things out.

Listening as she starts to speak, I enchance the voice coming towards me, so I can properly hear it's tone and see if I can get anything out of the way she is speaking. But alas, nothing. Then she talks of a council meeting.

Perfect. I can attend this meeting as a lesser mage, and watch Vranyl to see if she needs to be removed as of yet as Ruler, or if I can take my time and watch the ways of the Council and such through the eyes of an apperitence mage.

Taking the scroll with the wards from the Council Chamber, and placing it in my cloak, I feel in my mind as Vranyl makes it into the council hall, and lifting the wards from the Tower, I walk slowly down into the courtyard.

Looking towards the main gate, I smile and bowing my head and placing my hood over my head, I slowly make my way up to Teranok, and placing a hand on his shoulder, I am pleased to see him not only jump a good foot into the air, for he doesn't miss much, but to see his eyes widen when he turns. He starts to speak, but I simply raise my hand and smile at him. In time, I tell him, in time you will know.

He opens the gates slowly, looking at my closely, and grinning at him, I walk to the council hall, and stopping before the doors, I chuckle lightly. Glancing with eyes of wonder over the runes that are almost invisible to the eye, I pull out the scroll and glance down to read upon it again. Looking back up, I carve a rune in the air with my finger, feeding it with the lighting that was mine to use, and watching as the rune I create connects slowly but deeply with the main runes of the hall, I smile again. Now it's time to make myself invisible, but not at the same time.

Hunching over more, I run my hand down the staff at my side, the Ruler of Neutrality staff, and watching as it slowly changes from the gray to a light brown, I whisper the words to let me into the council hall, stepping lightly into the hall. Glancing from one house ruler to another, I affect the same gingerly step that my grandson had, and looking straight at Vranyl, I feel my heart tug lightly.

Using the choker, I slowly let the words whisper in her mind.

"Greetings, old love. Make no knowledge of my presence, I am simply a student of the House. Call my Marcus if you must present me before the council, but I am here to watch. All will be made known in time. It is...almost good to see you."

Moving my eyes along the leaders, I almost smile in pleasure. Such anger and lack of respect, so untrustful and wary. If this is the council, I would hate to see the Houses interiors. Sitting slowly on one of the outer benchs, I bow my head and placing the staff between my feet, I wonder how long it will take the other Rulers to notice the staff that had started so many meetings was no longer in it's proper spot behind the Seat of Neutrality. It shall be an intresting meeting, to say the least.

Ex-Ruler, Massa, Surpreme God of House Tarrant.

Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:42 am
Stablehand

As the others awaited the arrival of the other House leaders, V'ranyl brought out a scroll of paper and a quill and began to write, taking notes of the Houses who were present, as well as who was leading them. Though the notes were useful, the main goal of this action was to keep her exterior appearance passive and calm as internally she seethed at the sudden intrusion of Milabar's voice into her head.

"You!" she very nearly snarled in the interior of her mind before getting her temper back in check. Looking about to Bainev's side of the table, she took note of the others beside Malcom, nodded to herself, then proceeded to write some more as she mentally spoke to Milabar again, though in a calmer tone of thought.

"I was wondering when you would appear. I must say, I'm quite surprised at how... quiet... your entrance was. But it doesn't take a thousand year old mage to understand why.

"Don't worry, though. I won't spill your little secret. Just sit back and relax and enjoy the fireworks...

"Oh... And don't call me your "old love". In the two hundred and twenty five years that you left me trapped in the prison that was my mind I've had plenty of time to decide that I don't "love" you. That I really don't like you. In fact, I despise you.

"Now stay out of my head!"

V'ranyl knew that the last phrase was little more than an empty threat that she couldn't in any way back up. Still, though, it would most likely draw Milabar's ire, and he'd make her pay later for it. But that was for later.

Seemingly finished with the scroll for the moment, she set it to one side and replaced the quill back into it's inkwell. Her face as stoic as it was since before the internal conversation, the vampiress leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes briefly, trying to find solace in the warm place in her heart and the man who placed it there... a man who she wished was there right now.

House Tarrant

Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:04 pm
Stablehand

Hearing the snarl from Vranyl as she mind pulses me, I start to laugh lightly under my hood, my eyes sparkling as they raise slowly to meet her eyes, fingering the ring slowly in my hand. Knowing that while the magic would be unable to function correctly, I also know that the grip around her heart and soul was no less for the magic in the room.

Feeling the tingle of hatred drift from her, I detect a glimmer of something else. Looking down at the ring, I see a ring of white start to form, and muttering a word, I flick my hand in a disgusted motion, making sure no one sees the reaction.

Glaring up again at Vranyl, I watch as she closes her eyes, leaning back in the chair. Standing slowly, I tap the staff against the floor, hearing the drum of the staff as if the meeting was starting ring through the room before reliezing my mistake and just lightly tapping it against the floor as I walk to Vranyl, my hood over my head, eyes peering from under the hood. Leaning slowly down to whisper in her ear, I look at the other House leaders, my face a blank expression.

"You dare to say you hate me after all this time. While you mind was collecting dust and decaying into insanity, I was stuck in a VOID, healing from the damn bite you gave me. While you had no family, I had a daughter and a grandson that are now part of the dust you walk on. Be thankful for my patiences Vranyl, for you will not always be able to push me."

Takin a blank scroll from my robes, I place it before her on the table, bowing slowly as an apperitence would to thier ruler, my eyes joyfully amused at the positions we are forced to play for the benefit of the Council. Lowering my eyes again, I flick the staff around, twirling it as I start to walk towards my seat again, watching as the grey starts to show through the paint, knowing it would not be long before it was it's original color again, I shuffle faster towards my seat, sitting in a corner of the hall, covered in shadows so that only the few that really look could see me, and the staff I hold in my hands.

Sitting slowly, I clear my mind, thinking of plans that I have to have done before the transfering of power from Vranyl to myself, and what I would do with my disrespectful vampiress when I have taken over the House fully again.

Ex-Ruler, Massa, Surpreme God of House Tarrant.

Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:13 pm
Stablehand

To her ears the sound was enormous and in direct contradiction with the words she had uttered.

With it came confusion. Surely Vranyl had sat down at the table. Astavia had heard the scratch of the chair, and had not heard the vampiress leave it, yet the thump of the staff had come from the side of the room. Her head turned towards it in futility. She could see nothing, why was she trying?

Something was not right. Her ears listened, and she heard the light tap of the staff as it neared the table, then retreated again. Would that she could see, but she could not. Her ears and her will were her all in this place at this time. She had no magic , no eyes. She would not, however, lose control.

"I said, we shall wait." Astavia's clear voice rang through the hall.

[/center]

Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:07 pm
Stablehand

V'ranyl sighed as she watched Milabar walk back to his seat in the far corner, his staff in hand. There was nothing she could do. Here she was forced to remain the puppet leader of House Tarrant, even though the true leader had returned. The words he had spoken to her had rattled something inside of her. She had not known that the master of the house of neutrality had any family when she tried to claim his life all those years ago.

But had she known, would it have made a difference? It was a question that she honestly did not know the answer to. Who she was back then and who she was now were two different people.

However, there was one point that he was incorrect on. At the time, she did have family that was still alive. Her mother, a dryad of the willows by the name of Thalienelle, was still alive when she left to study magick. However, before she left, they had a falling out and hadn't spoken at all since the time she left.

Would she still be alive even in this late day and age? Quite possibly... She was a full-blooded dryad, after all. As long as her tree still stood its ground, so should she.

"I said, we shall wait."

Astavia's voice rang out in the hall, bringing the vampiress's awareness back on the action at hand. She turned to look at Astavia, a puzzled expression on her face.

"No one said anything about starting the council just yet, Fanyare Istar. That was just Jordain Marcus of my house come to give me a message. We are all still waiting for the Arbiter Elegantarium of The Society.

"Why did you think that someone was starting the meeting?"

Her eyes never left Astavia's face as she waited for an explanation.

House Tarrant

Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:36 pm
Stablehand

"Oh that would be my fault I'm afraid." The master illusionist interupted with a lie. "I simply played a bit of a trick on our dear lady Dovannuci. An illusion you know. Made it look and sound as though you were begining this affair. It was a joke, the mood here seem so tense and I was simply attempting to lighten it up a bit. Alas, it was a poor attempt, as we've all noticed. Again, I appolise."

The out of place comment but Astavia, was quite uncharacteristic of her and Malcolm could tell there was something wrong with her, although what, he could not discern. But just because there was something unwell with her, Malcolm saw no reason for the need to explain herself to Vranyl and the others at the meeting to fall upon her. So he hoped his untruth would be enough to end the matter. He could find out for himself just what the problem was after the meeting was over, or he could at least try to.

Apperance is Everything

Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:50 pm
Stablehand

The other house leaders were here. All except the newest house, the Society. Bah, would they make themselves known? These little excursions were taking time away from valuable research. But, what was this? Why was Lady Dovanucci acting so... Precilular? Malcolm casting a spell? In here. HA! Not likely. Never felt the distinct loss of magic in the area as he entered this place. No matter, time revealed every secret. But the meeting should start soon. T'was not the place of any house to wait upon another for so long...

Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:35 am
Stablehand

V'ranyl turned her gaze from Astavia to Malcom, her unblinking golden eyes narrowing slightly, though in a non-threatening manner.

"Really, Arbiter Bainev? An illusion?"

The vampiress gave a charming and polite smile towards the leader of the Bainev House.

"And to do it all without any magick whatsoever. Impressive. However, in the future, could you please find someone else's image to manipulate for your personal amusement? If someone's going to manipulate me or my likeness, I'd rather that they be upfront about it rather than do it behind my back."

V'ranyl went back to jotting things down in her scroll. However, as she did so she grudgingly opened up communications with Milabar once again.

"Who does Bainev think he's fooling with that weak lie? It doesn't seem right that he would cover for the Fanyare Istar, especially considering how the Dovanuccis and Bainevs are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Do you notice anything... odd... about the Fanyare Istar?"

House Tarrant

Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:37 am
Stablehand

Location: one horse town in Kansas, well yes Kansas but dont see any horses here but plenty of Cows....
He smiled seeing all that was going on. Yes Lord Bainev that was a brilliant way for an illusion. It is not like our leader here needed that after I am sure she could tell how anxious some were getting to start this meeting. I know myself, there are some things that I can not have patience on and this seems to be one of them. I guess part of it is just the anxiousness to find out was going on and where the one we are waiting for is and when he will arrive.

Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:55 pm
Stablehand

Malcolm's lie was not so unbelievable as Vranyl took it to be, Illusionary Magic was very different in nature than all the other magics used in the city and so the master illusionist was at times still able to achieve minor illusions despite the wards on the room. But he said no more in his defense. Even though it had not been in the way he had hoped he had still at least partially accomplished his goal. If the others were busy concerning themselves with ridiculing him they'd not be thinking about Astavia's odd behavior.

There were very few people that Malcolm would take ridicule for.

Apperance is Everything

Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:32 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next