It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 am

The Bloody Ball of Evenstar (Invite/Evenstar RP) 
Stablehand

Post The Bloody Ball of Evenstar (Invite/Evenstar RP)
A mist rolls across the grass and the man walking alomg the street feels uneasy. He noticed this strange mist coming across the fields from the forest and it didn't seem natural. He started right away for the town guard headquarters to warn them. The man enters the small building and finds the guard on duty inside fast asleep in a chair. The guard starts awake as the man enters. Whoa! Who's there! What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy? The man stammers and says, I...I...I need to report a very strange mist. I think a vampire is near. It has all the signs of such a creature entering this area. The guard frowns at the man. That's what you disturbed me for? A strange fog? Vampires!?! Are you crazy man? A little too much to drink tonight maybe? Va....uurggkkks.... Blood just then sprays from the guards mouth and a a clawed hand bursts through his chest! The man just stands there in shock and fear as he see's a tall, pale man in very ancient and intricate armor and crimson eyes and a mouth of fangs eat the guards heart.

Ahhh....fresh heart is so good. You should try it some time my friend. I'm surprised you could sense my presence. That is not good news for you or this poor young guard here either. But I will give you a choice. Become one of mine, or die.

I...no...please...my family....I can't choose either one my lor....?

The vampire slits the man's throat and leaves. He then continues his journey to Briar Rose's damned Ball. He travels as a mist and enters her realm. The mist seems to come from nowhere and the animals keep away from it. As it approaches Briar Rose's keep it starts to take shape and the vampire known as Archmage Bracus stands at the door to Briar Rose's keep. His ancient armor shines in the darkness and he wears a crimson red cloak. Two huge and beautiful scimitars hang at his sides. He reaches his hand up and knocks upon her doors. He stands there and patiently awaits for an answer.

Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:34 pm
Stablehand

The fire burned brightly upon the hearth, casting warm shadows upon the walls of the grand ballroom. Each piece of wood…each crystal of chandelier…each tile of the marbled floor, had been polished until they shown with a brilliant and restored beauty. The keep had been returned to its original grandeur.

The seamstress had outdone herself. I looked into the looking glass and was pleased with the result. It had been such a long time since these halls had seen a party…. since I had seen a party. My gown of three-tiered, cobalt silk accentuated the violet of my eyes and the gently sloping neckline gave grace to the length of my exposed neck.

Peering into the looking glass, I run my fingers over the two small scars…faded now…on the base of my neck, just above the collarbone. I brush my thoughts away
...just new battle scars…added to many others.

I hear a knock upon the great door and make my way down the long, circular stairs to the ballroom.

As Claudius opens the great door, I hear him gasp in inspiration of breath. He steps back, admitting the guest.

He stammers and says, I announce Master…Archmage Bracus.

I smile at the guest, throwing Claudius a guarded look. Archmage Bracus. I am so glad you have come. You are the first guest to arrive. Please come in and make yourself at home.I take Bracus’s arm to lead him into the room. It is so cold…so very cold. This makes me feel saddened.

Please excuse dear Claudius. He is old and quite befuddled….but such a dear heart. I could not bear to put him out. You must remind him of someone.
The minstrels are setting up in the parlor to your left. Food and drink are in the dining hall to your right. There are several vats of blood wine for our more…ahhh…shall we say, heavier drinkers? Feel free to look around…I am told that the keep has been restored to much of it’s former luxury.Later in the evening, around the clock strike of 11, I have planned a hunt….a picnic in the gardens…I have a few extra prisoners occupying the dungeons, you see. Perhaps they shall make an interesting tidnibblebit for some of the guests.

Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Stablehand

I walk up the stone walkway to the entrance of the keep. I can smell the scent of fresh blood upon the stones, trodden by someone before me. Reaching the massive wooden door, I raise the brass knocker and let it fall.

The door is widely opened by a kindly looking old man. I peer inside, growing needy with anticipation. Not what I expected….too much light. Entirely too much light.

Your name, Sir, the old man requests.

My name is Barnabas. Barnabas Santiago.

The old man announces my name, and the woman turns to face me. I watch as the color drains from her face. She approaches me with great trembling and fear, but hides it well. Looking up at me, she tilts her head to the left, exposing the soft fleshiness of her neck to me. Then, recovering herself, moves away.
Your transformation, M’Lady, is incomplete. I have come to remedy the deficit upon my part. Did you think you could evade me in perpetuity? Barnabas. I…there is a party. Come in. I would like you to meet someone. This is Archmage Bracus. I look at him, thinking…ahhh the source of the smell.

Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:23 pm
Stablehand

(OOC: I know you said to bring Xyen with me, but she's not apart of Evenstar. She's all sweetness and light and pure and good, and let's face it - Evenstar isn't ;p)

The ancient altar set before her glowed slightly, a soft hum filling the room. The hum itself was coming from the woman before the altar, her long raven hair covering her milky white skin as she sat and continued her arcane ritual. Crimson tipped fingers worked their way across the small cauldron full of a rich scarlet liquid, the skin staining as it stirred the liquid desoil.

Thrice the liquid was stirried, and she raised the cauldron to her lips, letting the slightly cooled blood slide down her throat. She began to drink greedily, long having suffered the desire for only thing that could satisfy her cravings.

Her lips now stained red, she placed the cauldron down and stood, the moonlight glinting off her pale skin. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she reached for the black velvet dress she had ordered laid out.

Sliding into it, letting the material slide down her skin, she twisted her hair up so that a few tendrils escaped. This way, she looked almost human, if it weren't for the preternaturally paleness of her skin... and the slight red tint to her eyes.

She ordered her footman to prepare the carriage. Kaimei was going to a ball. One that promised to be quite interesting.

Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:21 pm
Stablehand

I place my arm around Briar Rose’s small waist and pull her close to me. I can feel her resistance, and her struggle to maintain her composure. She trembles…and I find it quite refreshing. She has not escaped me…her fate…her full transformation into the world of the undead. Bending at the elbow, I reach my hand up into the flowing hair at the nape of her neck, and entwine my fingers about it, locking her within my grasp. I pull…her stubborn chin thrusts forward as her head snaps back. I run a long sharp nail from my other hand down the length of her neck from mandible to collar bone, smiling as my nail crosses the pale scar. A line of crimson blood forms. It sparkles against the flickering light of the candelabras lighting the room. I place the finger to my lips and suckle it. My hand remains entangled within her hair…trapping her to me.

I lock eyes with the man before me. A creature of my own kind, I think.

Archmage Bracus, you say? I have not heard of the name before. Are you and your ancestors of these lands then? It seems I am at a bit of a disadvantage on this night…as my invitation to the party seems to have evaded me. Had I known of it, I would have taken a very…close look at the prospective….guests. I seem to have arrived at a disadvantage…no mind…I shall be most pleased to make the best of it.

Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:21 am
Stablehand

The man at the door gasps as he sees me and then anounces me. Briar Rose then takes my arm and leads me inside. The woman prattles on about Claudius and how the keep has been restored to most of it's former glory. She says something about a planned hunt and that get's my attention and then her beauty hits me and I just stare at her. It seems like a familiar thing, but I have not known her before our time here with Evenstar. I also think that's why she bothers me so. briar Rose then leaves me to go see to another guest. She brings the gentleman in and introduces me to him.

I watch Briar Rose and the man as he exudes some sort of control over her and for some reason this upsets me. He holds her close to him and then we lock eyes. I can feel this ones power, almost as strong as Miranda, he must be a vampire as well.

Yes, that is me. My ancestors are not of these lands, but of another very far from here. Not too much of a disadvantage as I do not know who you are either good Sir. So who do I have the honor of speaking with? Said with a slight hint of sarcasm.

Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:02 pm
Stablehand

The man before me greatly annoys me. I cannot fathom why…but I wish to brush him away as I would a mosquito….still I must keep my wits about me on this night. Tightening my grip upon the woman’s hair, I raise her defiant chin, and cause her to look into my eyes. I smile…as her total defiance is evidenced by the squaring of her shoulders…the thin line of her lips pursed together in a pretentious smile…the firmness of her jaw as she restrains from uttering a cry of pain…….pain…..she shall surely cry out for mercy soon…very soon.

I smile at her for the benefit of the stranger. Come, Briar Rose. The minstrels are playing. We shall dance….through eternity, yes?

I lead her awy with my hand still entangled in her hair.

Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:23 pm
Stablehand

I am led away from Archmage Bracus like a lamb being led to the slaughter. I chance a look into his eyes as I am led away, but there is no recognition in them….and I would not for a moment expect that there should be. For a fleeting moment, I feel a great sense of loss….of regret. This sudden rush of emotion surprises me, but passes quickly as the pain of Barnabas’s entanglement in my hair becomes intense. I can feel his fingers sending burning surges of current into my scalp and head. He leads me to the dance floor, and forces me to move into him. He forces my head onto his chest.

My sweet…why do you struggle so? You know that I shall have you. There is no where you can run…no one to save you. You may have escaped me once…but you are nothing compared to the powers I possess. No matter where you run…no matter where you shall try to hide…I shall come for you. I WILL possess you…only for the mere fun and enjoyment of it. I shall take from you…one bite…one nibble….one drop at a time, until you are totally mine.

I struggle against him, and hiss, “Why did you come here? I hate you. I shall never be yours. You have found me…that is true…you may take my soul…that is also true…but you will never…never…have my heart.”

Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:43 pm