It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:12 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Father The Sons The Unholy Ghosts (invite) 
Stablehand

Post The Father The Sons The Unholy Ghosts (invite)
This was great at least I thought it was. He had yet to realize who I was other than an old client of his wife's. This could only lead to interesting thigns. I was determined to get to her. There was not much for me to say or want other than her. Who cares if Con is my child I do not claim him nor do I care about what happens to him. I could not give a damn cept to see what was in it for what I needed and wanted.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:50 am
Stablehand

The evening had started out with a bang thanks to her less than subtle entrance to the ball held in the city of Tiavain and it ended with a bang thanks to a face from her past that she had never expected to see again. It had been one hell of night and she was just glad to be home. The moment they stepped through the door of their cottage she sat down right on the floor and pulled off her soft leather boots tossing them behind her not caring where they landed. She was exhausted both in body and mind and her thoughts were not on the events of the night but more on how fast she would fall asleep once she was nestled in bed with her husbands arms wrapped around her and her head on a soft pillow. Sleep would definately come easy that night, or so she hoped. There was still that nagging tugging thought in the back of her mind that just wouldnt go away no matter how hard she tried to make it vanish. What would possess a man she hadnt seen in years to suddenly show up in the very last place she expected and why did he seem to want to cause a rift between her and Condrik? Lazily she took to her feet and padded across the living room towards the master bedroom. Out of habit she stopped in front of another door thinking to check on the boy she and Con adopted for their own after the death of his parents then remembered that he was staying at the hall of shadows with Brodricks son until the morning. Yawning she looked over her shoulder to Con and half smiled.

Can you even remember spending a single night alone here Condrik? I cant.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:06 am
Peasant

He had noticed that she also went to check on Robert it was habit for both of them. He went and wrapped his arms around her. Last time here we had a night alone was the night we came back from the elven kingdom. For after that was our trip to the inn then we adopted robert then we had our second honey moon away from here. Now what should we do with our night alone my little elf

He smiled and laid there holding her. Nothing else in the world was going to matter for the rest of the night. She was what mattered to him and she was all that was going to matter this night. He smiled and kissed her and nuzzled her and thought about the events of the night.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:28 am
Stablehand

I followed them this was good. He had not heard what I said but I was sure this was my boy. Taking in the sight of the cabin where they went, I went to a tree and sat in it watching inside the best that he could. This was going to get ineresting. Maybe he would just wait and see what Raynalia had o say about all of this. Maybe he had given her too much credit to figure it all out. Seeing her again was just an added bonus.

Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:09 pm
Stablehand

Sleep Saint. I am well aware of what you would like to do with our time alone, but I am too tired. Taking care of that little boy, keeping up with my own training and my duties as a trainer as well has left me drained. Add all the time I spend in search of Silvan to the list and I am sure you can understand why I just want to sleep.

Seized by another yawn she covered her mouth with her hand.

I cant help but wonder though why it seems that we have to fight every step of the way for our happiness Con. I mean first there was the whole situation with Elrárion, that I can understand, after all I had lived under his roof for a long time and was by all rights his property, I always knew there would be a confrontation with him someday. This thing with Shadowrunner though, this I do not understand at all. It makes no sense to me why he would suddenly come from no where and try to start trouble. Its not as if he played any important role in my life and vice versa.

Snuggling closer to her husband she rested her head against his shoulder.

Well hopefully tonight will have been the first and last time we have to see him.

Somewhere I belong

Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:31 am
Peasant

He bit his tongue before he said anything and just put his arms around his wife. Sure he could have said some of what he was feeling but what good would it have done they were both tired and did not need a fight. He looked at her.

I was kidding I was not expecting to be able to do anything. I know how tired you usually are and I know today was even more draining. I do enjoy just laying here with you as I do anything with you. Yeah well things aeem to always want to come up for everyone, and with in that leaves things interesting. And by when I looked in that mans eyes I saw something I can not explain. We will not be seeing the last of him, I will tell you this he comes near you and he and I will be going at it again. There is something I can't put my finger on about him. I guess we should get some while we can.

He held her and a hand ran through her hair. He kissed her softly and, he closed his eyes and just laid there wondering when sleep would find him. If sleep would find him, he had been hoping for something tonight with her, he would not deny that but he was not one to push her when she was tired. Maybe someday thier life would calm down enough that they could enjoy being married and see if they could have a family or not. Maybe one of the people that he and his brothers had sent out would be able to find Silvan.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:23 am
Stablehand

Shortly before dawn the elf woke which wasnt unusual. No matter how late she might have been up the night before she was always up ready to begin her day before the sun rose to kiss the world awake with its warm rays. Most mornings Condrik was awake even before she was and normally after a small breakfast they would rush to the valley on Connor lands with its waterfall and pool of warm waters. That morning however she was surprised to find her husband sound asleep, she could only guess that he had stayed awake most the night thinking on all that happened. Kissing his cheek gently not wanting to wake him she left just one of her small daggers atop her pillow so that he would see it and know that she was alright. Most likely he would realize where she was and he would join her for their customary swim. Leaving the cottage she whistled low and nodded towards the trees when an identical whistle was returned. Had anyone not used to the ways of the Connor clan seen her they would have thought her daft but she knew that Rone was still camped out at his post in the trees and the whistle was her way of checking. As quietly as she could she called out to the hidden assassin.

Cons still sleeping Rone, I'll be going to the valley alone this morning. Stay close if that is your wish but not too close, I'll gouge your eyes out Rone really I will.

Laughter lifted on the winds and she shook her head chuckling to herself listening to his reply.

You can be sure I learned that lesson long ago Raynie. No peeking and I'll stay close enough to get to your side in seconds if there is trouble for some reason but I wont stay too close I promise.

Moments later they were off heading towards the valley...

Somewhere I belong

Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:22 pm
Peasant

He woke to find her gone and when he reached for her nothing. He got up and got his stuff together looking around. He decided he should go down to the valley for he was sure that is where she would be. He smiled and took off for the spot and he stood there back for a few moments watching her. He knew it would not take her long to realize she was there, once she had found out he was there he headed for the water. He liked this time time with her in the water. It was something they could enjoy together for a bit, and he went into the water and he shook the water from his hair. His hand swiped some water to splash her with.

Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:48 pm
Stablehand

I watched her move from the house alone. I thought this might be the chance I could get to corner her and question her. I knew I would need to act quickly but then I heard and saw this other man. Now this could become something interesting to play with her husbands mind with. She was leaving his side, his bed and going off with another man. This could not be a better situation for me to try and manipulate. Why I could not have planned a better situation myself.

I came back after seeing where they went and watched for who I believed to be my son come out. He was in looks my son, and last nights actions showed he could be my son. But I was not sure, I could not be sure I knew my sons names and had not yet learned this ones name. I could be mistaken and would not take a chance in being wrong. I wanted to be sure and then I wanted to find out even more.

Had she said his name last night I was not sure. I decided I would play this in an innocent way. I walked along the roads and disguised myself as a drifter that would do for now as long as it was not Raynalia or Condrik that saw me. Stopping a person that came by I stammered in my speech.

E-e-e-xcuse m-m-m-e s-s-sir, I h-h-had f-f-found s-s-something t-t-hat r-r-reads for L-l-l-ord Sh-a-a-adow. I w-w-ould l-l-like t-t-t-o g-g-give it-t-t t-t-t-to h-h-him

Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:59 pm
Stablehand

Covered from head to foot in the robes of the magi, Kiara had taken to practicing more of the art and often did so far enough away from the hall of Shadows so as not to destroy anything should a spell go awry. Losa was aware of where she would be and he understood that she needed the time spent alone, besides he was still not comfortable around the arcane so the agreement that she would be able to go off was a mutual one. The fear that something might happen to her on her outings was one that only crossed her mind from time to time. Afterall these were her lands, their lands, and no one would dare try to harm her there. The shock of finding a stranger roaming her lands so freely nearly caused her to react before thinking, had she done so the drifter speaking to her would have found himself without a voice, but her more rational side took hold and she realized if he had come to harm her, he would not have thought her a man. Of course the fact that she had the hood of her red robes pulled over her head helped greatly in hiding her identity. From beneath the hood she took the measure of the man, uncertain what to make of him she spoke cautiously in low tones.

None are granted an audience with the Lord of the Hall without first gaining the permisson of both Lord and Lady Shadow. How is it that you happened upon this thing intended for my lord and how is it you came to be upon these lands?

Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:46 am
Stablehand

He smiled at her and watched her for a moment. It-t-t w-w-was g-g-g-iven to me by h-h-h-is fa-a-th-e-e-r . W-ho-o-o t-t-told m-m-e t-t-o f-f-ind C-c-on h-ere

He shookas he talked to her. He kept the charade up it was not going to be hard for him to do so. He did have something that would have been given to Con. He had disguised himself well enough to get away with it no matter who was there well for now at lesat. He was interested inknowing for sure.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:07 am
Stablehand

One short whistle followed by a long haunting whistle came from beneath the hood of the red robes. She didnt speak or move again until Alec, her most trusted guard, friend and brother came from somewhere within the trees to join her side. Pulling the hood from her head freeing her firey tresses she kept her gaze on the stranger while she voiced her needs to the assassin.This one claims to have something from Lord Shadows father, that he was asked to bring it to him. If he wishes an audience with Condrik it will not be granted until he gains the permisson of the Lord of the Hall.I will take him to outerwalls of the courtyard.
Leaning up on tiptoes she whispered to Alec...

Con is probably at the valley with Rayne. Go get them.
A short time later Kiara was standing outside the gates of the courtyard with the stranger waiting for Losa, Con and Raynalia to arrive.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:25 am
Stablehand

He came, he was summoned by his wife to come. She usually would not send for him like that unless it was somehting important. He went to where he was to meet her. He stood there and moved to her. So what is going on here Spitfire that I should be brought out here for? I know you would not call me for just anyhting at all. So what is it that is going on?

He stood there looking to the stranger having a feeling come about him and he looked to his wife. He watched and listened to everything around him. He was really not liking things.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:44 am
Stablehand

This one here says hes got something for Condrik. We wouldnt need to meet like this except that no one really knows that Con is here for one and two, I found him lurking about. Seems to me that if he were looking for someone, you'd think he would have come here first seeing as he would have had to have passed the hall to get to where it was he was found. Bottomline here is I smell a load of shit Losa and I dont like it. Thought it best if you took care of this.

The ideal that the drifter whoever the hell he was, had been able to get so far without being stopped set her on edge. It seemed that a calling of the council was in order so that matters of security could be discussed. If a stranger could get in with such ease she didnt want to think what trained killers would be capable of. They had all grown too comfortable, too secure and too damn soft. Well that was going to end come hell or high water.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:58 am
Stablehand

He stood there thinking as his wife talked. He brought her a little to the side.

There are many things that could be the reasoning by it. Why not find out from him why things are the way that they are. I mean there might be a good explanation, and with people knowing Con and Raynie being married it would not be far fetched for people to say they could probably find him here. Now as far as why people walk around the way he did he could have just been seeing if he could find Con or not without disturbing things. But I know you have good instincts love. Why dont we try to find out what is going on.

He turned his attention back to the man. First off I want to know what you know of my brother. I also want to know what in the hell is going on here and what you want to see him for. Why were you walking around the grounds of my home with out being allowed to. And what do you know of Con?

He stood there his arms folded his eyes getting that cold look to them. He looked the stranger up and down and then looked to his wife. He lets out a whistle and bounding around the corner comes wolf who sits faithfully by his masters.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:20 am
Stablehand

He listened he was pleased he got to see one son in front of him. His wife was nothing short of being beautiful too. He had to smile. Another time he would come as himself right now he was just as a drifter.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out two things. I-i-f Y-y-ou a-a-are L-l-l-losa th-th-then o-o-ne of th-th-these a-a-re f-f-f-or y-y-ou a-a-lso. F-f-from y-y-y-our f-f-f-ath-th-ther.

In his hands he now held two parchments.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:41 am
Stablehand

The sound of a womans laughter echoed through the trees and carried over reaching the ears of all who were outside. Those within the walls of the courtyard smiled at the familiar melodious sound, not too long ago the elf had been taken from them and the sound of her laughter had been silenced. Now to hear the sound brought a warmth to all their hearts reminding each of them that even in the most dire of circumstances there was always hope. Life at the hall of Shadows was good now that the family known as the Elite was whole again. From the trees Condrik bound out with his wife thrown over his shoulder laughing like a mad woman, Rone followed with a grin shaking his head and trying not to laugh too loud as the elf pinched at her husbands backside in an attempt to get him to free her while Alec looked at the lot of them like they had gone insane. Her voice boomed.

Bloody hell Condrik iffin' ye d'nay put me down this minute I promise ye wont be likin' bein' grounded!

When Alec and Rone had come to collect them they had just finished dressing from their morning swim. She wasnt ready to go back to the hall but Condrik sensing the urgency had tried to convince her it was important. Stubborn to the core she pouted until she found herself lifted in the air and slung over like a sack of wheat and was hauled off. Now she was laughing so hard tears sprang to her eyes.

D'nay just stand there Rone! Help me!

Nay lass, I've no right to lay my hands on you right now. You are in no real danger therefore my help is not needed. Besides your husband would probably skin me alive if I touched you and I happen to enjoy being whole.

Glaring she stuck her tounge out at him then dipped her head down and bit her husbands back just enough to get a reaction from him...

Somewhere I belong

Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:54 am
Peasant

He was laughing hard and he leaned and whispered to his wife. You are going to ground me from what? Not much you can take away from me. And if you are trying to get me to put you down stop doing things that i enjoy. You know my wolf bites harder than you do.

He put her down since they were close he did not like the look on his brothers face. He walked over. Now this better be damn good if you take us away from our morning ritual like that. So what is so damn urgent that you had to send for us?

His nose twitched as he picked up a smell. He looked to Raynalia with a something is strange look.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:03 am
Stablehand

His wolf bites harder than I do does he? Well then we'll just have to do something about that now wont we? She grinned more thinking to herself that once she had him alone she would show him but the grin slowly faded as the air around them became thick. Not with tension, just with a feeling of forboding, like something was about to happen that none of them were ready for. Without thinking she went to his side and slipped her arm through his. The need to be as close to him as she could get was almost overwhelming. She wanted to speak in regards to the stranger but had learned long ago that sometimes it was simply best to leave the men to handle such situations, which she would gladly do. The stranger made her skin crawl though she couldnt quite figure out why. Until they learned anything of his intentions, she would play the part of the quiet wife. Kiara on the other hand, she was sure would soon be threatning to slit someones throat.

Somewhere I belong

Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:31 am
Stablehand

He handed over the parchment to the two men. The two that stood before him were his boys and that parchment was going to tell a lot of what they need to know including a family charm that was to be worn by all males. Only he had switched his into Cons parchment. He stepped back a few feet and mumbled a few words and was gone.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:39 am
Stablehand

Dont open those until we're in the council room. We have no ideal what could happen once you unseal those scribes and the council room is the safest place given Oriana has cast enough wards around the room to keep the devil himself out.

The day had started out peaceful enough, but now there was something taking place that she didnt know whether it was a threat to her family, or what the consequences of their own actions would be. With a tired sigh she slipped her hand into Losas letting him lead her into the Hall. She didnt know when it happened all she knew was she was tired. Tired of the constant worry, tired of the constant planning and replanning to keep her and her own safe, tired of the dangers, the enemies, tired of leading a clan when she had grown too soft, too careless. Later she would call a meeting with Losa, Alec, Rone and Brodrick. Together they would decide the future of the Elite.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:06 am
Stablehand

I did not plan on opening it Spitfire, not when it could cause harm to you without knowing what is in there. Don't worry though I am too stubborn to die anyways. Well I guess we should go see what is going on. Con senses something I think but I am not sure he knows what.

He slipped his hand out of hers and snaked an arm around her waist keeping her close to walk with. He smiled and leaned over and kissed her softly. He lead them all into the council room and sat down. He looked around and puit the parchment down.

So what is on your mind Con?.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:17 am
Peasant

He shook his head and looked to his wife and put a hand in hers as they followed Losa and Kiara. Sometimes he thought about things it surprised him how much things had changed and how happy he was about it. He smiled and sat down at the table with them in the hall holding out a chair for Raynalia first.

I am not sure Losa something about the scent that man gave off was strange. But strangely familiar all in the same. I will wait till I know it is ok to open my parchment. Maybe these will hold some clue to what we should know and maybe not. Who knows. So on your say so I will open it.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:50 am
Stablehand

The elf and the assassin looked at one another and once Kiara gave a slight nod Rayne threw her hands in the air unable to hide the fact that she was annoyed at how much time had already dragged by.Bloody hell would ye just be openin' the dam things a'ready! Aint like we have all day ta be sittin' about waitin' for hell ta freeze over while ye sit on yer dam thumbs! W'ere in the friggin' council room nothin' can happen ta any of us so get on with it! Damn she was so on edge and really didnt know why, maybe it was because she still hadnt been able to talk to Kiara about the night before and she was still so angry, whatever the reason if someone didnt do something soon she was going to lose it.

Somewhere I belong

Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:48 pm
Peasant

Well excuse the hell out of me for being careful about things and not knowing any better. After everything I guess I should not be cautious now should I? Excuse me for being such an inconvenience for you, maybe I should just let you open it. Maybe they are not opened yet for any other reason than not knowing if I want to know what this says.
Being on edge finally got to him and he opened the damn thing and out fell a chain and charm. He read the note and held the charm in his hand looking it over.

Well my inconviniencing of you seems to be done now. Sorry for thinking first of my family. And thinking that if something was wrong with anything that I did not want something to happen to the both of us with what Robert has already lost to lose us also would devistate him if anything happened to you.

He was aggravated it was one thing after a damn other and he got up and walked out to go work off some steam. He went back to the valley to go and get some swimming done.

Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:02 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next