It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 pm

The Father The Sons The Unholy Ghosts II (invite) 
Stablehand

He looked at her so she was going to be mad at him for something else. He looked at her.

You know what you have never been under the scrutiny of the peoplehere feeling like you are not good enough for your own wife in others eyes. You have not had to sit under the eye of these people knowing that if you screw up that people are goin to be jumping on your case. I have been there. You asked about if Con would have still married her so soon. If it is not about him then get Rone off thier case. He is very capable of protecting her or did him being willing to do anything for her not prove that to you. Why should it be about your comfortability about when a couple deserves ti have thier own time. I do not care how close or far Rone follows. If you all want Con to feel like that he is welcome and its not just people being nice to him it needs to stop. What the hell runs through my mind, I actually yhink about what people may want and may need. Yes people have done things to Con do you know what it is like to be the outsider here? I know andI know the looks people give. It is not about that if he sleeps with them or how close that he follows its that he is still doing it. I do not blame Con for not feeling like he is welcome here. I wonder why he would not come help with things, we needed people to leave us be for us to have privacy and they need the same. It was one thing at first but now it needs to end. Its not right Kiara and you know it and you know why. He is there and is around during the time that they have. Trust me on this people give a little and you will see him doing a lot more. Hell you know he would be ready to leave this place cause of how he feels except he would not ask Rayne to choose, and would not ask Rayne to give up what is important to her.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:55 am
Stablehand

I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE? I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE? She screamed her words and looked at him in complete disbelief. Obviously all the time she had spent telling him of her childhood and even of her adult years had been wasted because if he had been listening he would have known...
EVERYTHING I DO EVERY GOD DAMN DAY OF MY LIFE HAS BEEN SPENT UNDER SCRUTINY. EVERY DECISION, EVERY THOUGHT SPOKEN ALOUD, EVERYTHING... EVERYTHING! NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN ITS ALL BEING DONE BY YOU! DONT YOU DARE TELL ME I DONT KNOW WHATS IT LIKE. YOU KNOW WHAT LOSA SHADOW? YOU AND YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY KNOW IT ALL ATTITUDE CAN GET YOUR ASS FROM THIS BED AND YOU CAN FIND YOUR BROTHER AND BOTH OF YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL! I HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH AND DONT NEED TO WASTE TIME TRYING TO PLACATE STUPID CHILDISH LITTLE BOYS WHO I THOUGHT WERE GROWN MEN WITH ENOUGH GOD DAMN SENSE NOT TO TURN INTO WILTING WHINING WOMEN! FUCK IT! YOU CAN STAY HERE, WOULDNT WANT POOR LITTLE LOSA TO ACTUALLY HAVE TO SLEEP SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN WHERE HE WANTS. HEAVENS NO CANT HAVE THAT NOW CAN WE?!!!! Ripping the blankets from her she jumped out of the bed pissed off beyond all chance of rational thinking. Thankfully she had not gone to bed bare otherwise she would have had to search for clothes and with the mood she was in, she would have rather stormed around the hall naked than waste more time being in a room with a man she was ready to kill.
Its become painfully clear that no matter what I do, even if I think it is for the best, it will never be good enough for you. No matter how my family tries to make you and yours feel welcome, accepted, and part of this family YOU will always think they are in the way and YOU will always think the worst of them. Well let me be the first to tell you, they were here first, YOU should have been the one bending over backwards here not us. Fuck you, fuck your brother, fuck all of you, I am done trying, my family is done trying.
She didnt dare trust herself to say anymore, she had already said too much and from the sounds of the footsteps tromping through the hall towards their room, everyone and their mother had probably heard her. Pulling the door open so hard she nearly ripped it from its hinges she stomped out into the hall and down the corridor heading for her sons room.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:11 am
Stablehand

Here's something interesting I thouht I was your family but I guess you have made your decision you want me gone fine I am gone if that is what you want. You are under scrutiny as a leader not as someone these guys do not trust, you know what have your freaking family that is so much more damn important to you. No this is your bed, and your house, your damn family, you just made all that clear. I will go somewhere where at least I wont have it thrown in my face that I am not one of a group that was trained together. I will be back to see our son but I will not threaten to take our son from you.

If you actually want me you will be able to find wolf and I were it is I guess that we do belong. At first I agreed having Rone there was important but excuse me for having fatih in someone other than one of your damn elite people that I thought was family to me to. Excuse me that I actually believed i could fit in here and could fit in your life. I will be at my cabin at least its some place I know I am welcome.

He walked out not caring that the doors slammed behind him and he did go where he said he was going with wolf right with him.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:20 am
Stablehand

THATS RIGHT RUN AWAY LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO WHEN YOU DONT GET YOUR WAY! GO TO YOUR DAMN CABIN BUT I PROMISE YOU YOU'LL FIND NOTHING BUT ASHES WHEN YOU GET THERE!!!
Before anyone could stop her she closed her eyes, pictured the cabin in her mind just as Oriana had taught her and imagined the flames surrounding the structure. Words whispered so softly her lips didnt seem to move carried on the winds and when she opened her eyes a hardness that had not been there before gleamed evily. She turned to change the direction she had orginally intended on going when she was caught and held in arms as strong as steel. What in the hell has gotten into you Kiara Jade! Never mind I know whats gotten into you but hes doesnt! You cant do this Jade! Alecs words hissed in her ear.
Whats gotten into me? Simply put Alec I am sick and god damn tired of the holier than thou attitudes of the men in that god damn family. Always having to get their own way, always having to be right. Losa cant just shut the fuck up and back off long enough for me to do my job without turning it into some damn matter of trust and acceptance and I am god damn tired of everyone always having to baby him in order for him to feel like he belongs here. ALL OF US have done everything we could and it still isnt enough. From what I am seeing his brother is no better and I already have children to raise I dont need to raise grown men!
She was madder than he had seen her in a long long time. Something must have really gotten to her to set her off, to make her talk the way she was about Losa. No matter how upset she had gotten in the past he had never heard her speak of him in such away.
Jade, you need to calm down. I see your angry but woman do you realize your husband just left?
Yep I saw, do you see me shedding tears over the fact Alec? Next thing you know he'll find away to toss our vows in my face like hes done so many times before, well let me tell you! HE'S the one with the issues, not me. Would you leave me go already?
Not until your calmer Jade.
Fuck you too Alec Ravine....

She wasnt able to stop him from casting the sleep spell, all she could manage to eke out before she blacked out was a yawn and something that sounded like a threat to slit his throat. He carried her back to her room and put her bed then set out in search of Losa. If he was right, Losa would be coming back to the hall mad as hell at his wifes actions. He still couldnt believe that she burned the cabin to the ground. If he managed to find Kiaras husband, he was going to have to sit the man down and talk to him about his wifes crazed behavior, the reasons behind it would probably be as much a shock as finding his cabin destroyed. Kiara was going to kill him most likely but he would have to tell Losa if she planned on keeping her husband.....

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:38 am
Stablehand

He growled finding his cabin the one thing that he had kept when they got married in ruins. He knew Kiara had done it and he did not give a damn that he did not have a place to stay. She had all but kicked him out and he said fuck it and grabbed some stuff from around there and made himself a make shift shelter and he and wolf went and laid down under it. He just sat there staring off into the night. She just did not get it that things went beyond her and her freaking precious elite. He was not going back there not for anything other than to see his son. His mind was made up, Kiara had done the one thing that he knew meant things were done with. They had always said they would not go to bed angry and not only did she do that she left from thier bed, accused him of not trying with everyone and her having to always have her perfect little freaking elite members doing everything not caring who they hurt. He was done with it. Eventually wolf got up and walked off like he normally would for a stroll. He did not care that he did not have an actual roof over his head, he did not care about much right now. He was not goin back to the damn hall of shadows, the place he thought was home the people he thought was family. He sat there looking almost like a stone statue, sure he noticed it was cold and a storm might be coming but he did not give a damn.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:48 am
Stablehand

She didnt know how long she was out for when she woke up, the only thing she was aware of was she was in her twins bed and that if she didnt move soon she would be cleaning up a fine mess. Jumping to her feet she nearly screamed when she saw Brodrick sitting in darkness, the light from the moon came in just enough for her to see his eyes gleaming dangerously.
Shaking her head she put a hand out to him and was surprised to see him reach down to the floor inbetween the legs of chair producing a bucket. Without saying a word he got to his feet shoved the bucket in her arms and held her hair just as the contents of her stomach came rushing up. He had her trapped, there was no way she could get away so she was forced to listen.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have ever done. Why is it that Alec was the one to come to me telling me not only about your fight with your husband but he was the one to tell me of your condition? Why is it that you didnt bother to tell your husband? Kiara, this is not like you to keep such secrets especially from Losa. Dont tell me you were scared he might walk out on you if you told him, hes walked out anyway because of you so why the hell didnt you just tell him? I dont know how you are going to fix this Kiara but your going to have to do something. Alecs looking for him now. You better think about what your going to tell him if he comes back.

Lifting her head and wiping her mouth, the quesiness finally gone she shook her head.

Hes not going to come back. I didnt tell him because incase you didnt notice, hes had enough to deal with, how could I expect him to deal with... its better this way Brodrick. Hes been through so much, I could not... hell I dont know what I'm doing Brodrick....

It took longer than he expected but the assassin had finally found the warrior and he wasted no time in approaching him. Losa was probably still mad and he couldnt blame him but it needed to be done. He walked until he standing beside the warrior and started talking before he could do anything other than listen.

She was wrong, she knows that, we all know that. You need to go home to your wife Losa she is not well, she hasnt been well for close to two months now. Shes kept it from you because she did not want to cause you worry, and because she is scared she is doing everything in her power to push you away. I'm going to be blunt here Losa. Shes pregnant again which isnt shocking given how many times you two have locked yourselves away but I am getting off topic. Think about the last time she was carrying your child, did she not try to push you away then because she thought she was going to die? Shes not going to die but she is still scared.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:57 am
Stablehand

She does not want me in her life Alec, maybe I was a fool to believe that I had fit back there. She would have told me if she wanted me to know Alec. I may be a fool but I am not a complete idiot. She straight out said what she wanted. If she decides different then that is on her. I am not going back there Alec. I made the mistake of thinking I was family. She made me see that I am not. I do not belong there, hell who was I kidding that her and I could work other than myself? She wants me out and I am out. She kept this from me becuase she did not want me to be a part of this. She has what she wants. I will just be staying here. This is where I belong. I will be by to see my son, but other than that I will not be seen on those grounds unless she wants me there and she does not. No I am not perfect Alec but I know how my brother feels, and she wanted to bring up about how he has not gone to help well maybe its cause he is actually trying to get time with his own wife without someone following them around. That is what all this was over I told her she needed to pull Rone off of Raynie and Con. Its driving Con nuts. He is a much more freer spirit than me. But just as I would not ask Kiara to leave the Hall with me for more than a short time, he would not ask Rayne that either. Why is it so hard for her just to realize that people will be fine without her trying to manipulate things. If she thinks I am going to end up back there just because she destroyed my cabin the one thing I still had after we were married than she is nuts. Yes even with all the memories of her and I there I would still have stayed there because it was my place a place no one could tell me I did not belong in.

He looked up at Alec his eyes were dark and cloudy. He was not going back there and his eyes told that. He sat there and shook his head.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:22 am
Stablehand

Losa, you know your wife. You know she loves you. Dont do this Losa, I'm not telling you have to, its not my place to give orders like you weren nothing but a recruit. I am asking you as a friend, as a brother. She has gone about it the wrong way, but she is trying to protect you Losa. She sees her condition as a blessing but at the same time all she can think is that its just more for you to worry over, more to add onto the problems that are already weaving their way into your life. She thinks she is a burden to you more so now than before and she has this ideal in her head that you would be better off without her. Why would she think such a thing when anyone who knows both of you can see that is not true? She thinks it because she is terrified. On the surface it may seem that this fight was started over your brother and Rone, but underneath it all, the reality is she is doubting everything about herself. I can tell you this much Losa. She was going to talk to you when the time was right, she was going to call a meeting of the council, and do you know why? She is determined to step down as head of the Elite. I dont think you understand how much she is willing to give up so that you could have the life she thinks you deserve. If this disaster with Rayne and then your father hadnt happened, hadnt made her go to such lengths to free you from the burdens of her life of her postion as head of the clan, you would find yourself living quite a different life. Whether you believe it or not, you are family. There isnt anything more I can say to you Losa. I've stated my case, if you are hellbent on leaving her, at least come to the hall to collect your father.

Departing from the warrior the assassin returned to the only home he had ever known. He could no longer put off talking with Kiara, knowing that everything could blow up in his face did very little to ease the omnious feeling that had settled in his chest since he had first heard her screaming at her husband. He entered the eldest Connor twins room silently curing Kiaras brother for not having the balls to take his rightful place as head of the clan, then he saw her. Her face was pale and her eyes were red telling him that she had been crying. He went to her, sat beside her on the bed and took both her hands in his.

Jade, you burned down his cabin? Why would you want to hurt him in such a way? What has happened to you to make you forget to think before you act? Do not understand how serious this is? He is leaving you Kiara, he's already said as much. I do not agree with his way of thinking, you have done everything you can to make a good life for yourself and your family here and its obvious he still sees himself as less important than everything else around you and I know he is wrong for thinking such things but Jade the way you have decided to handle this situation, it goes above and beyond normal. Do you really want to lose him Kiara? Your going to if you dont do something to right the wrong that has been done. Dont tell me you dont care, we all know you better than that, you will die a thousand times inside without him. Is that really what you want?

Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:43 am
Stablehand

Alec... you do not seem to understand. I was foolish in thinking that Losa had finally become secure enough with himself not to believe that you, or any other came before him, tonight I was proven wrong. He never stopped believeing that I put the elite first. He questions my judgement and my actions at every turn and when I do not give in to what he wants he becomes worse than a child. How am I suppose to live that way? What kind of marriage do I have if I cannot do what I think is best for one of us without him turning on me? Do you know why Rone still keeps watch over Rayne? Because Archer has sent word that the princess wants her head delievered to her on a silver platter. It is not because I do not trust Condrik, it is because we have watched Rayne lose her life once already, I do not want to see it happen again. Why have I kept that information to myself? Why didnt I tell Losa about the baby? Because he has enough to deal with as it is, who am I to add to the stress he was already under? I was trying to protect him Alec, but he wouldnt see it that way, you know that and I know that. What would have me do Alec? Go crawling to him begging forgiveness? I cannot do that. I admit this was the worst possible way for me to handle everything but my intentions were pure and my motives solid. I do love him Alec with all that I am, and because I want a better life for him other than what is here, I chose to set him free.

Getting to her feet she took her hands from his and wrapped her arms around her stomach and walked to the door. Calling to him over her shoulder she left the room.

I need to be alone Alec.

A few minutes later she was out in the darkened woods walking down a hidden path that lead to a small burial ground. Falling to her knees before one headstone large enough to hold two names and dates she ran a hand over the crest of the Connor clan that was carved in the stone before she brought her lips to the name of the man buried there beside his wife.

What am I suppose to do papa? I know I have ruined the one constant source of happiness in my life but it was for good reason. Or have I just lost my mind papa?

Turning to sit on her backside she leaned against the stone and closed her eyes.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:46 am
Stablehand

He thought about it for a few then headed back for the Hall. Alec was right nothing was worth giving up his wife for and things were underlying problems. But this was going to get settled and get settled now. As they were walking back wolf changed directions to another area and Losa followed him what was he to do. He saw her and a lump came in his throat, she asked something there and he closed his eyes for a moment. This was going to call for swallowing his pride, the one thing that he always tried to keep in tact but she was worth more than the pride he liked to hold on to so much. He hated knowing that things were kept from him and he also remembered Alecs words.

He saw her sit down and that is when he let his presence be semi known he sent wolf to sit with her and keep her warm. He stood there not sure what to say there was so much running through his head and his heart. He stood there and things came flooding back to him.

Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:11 pm
Stablehand

How close is he then my dear wolf? She put the question to the animal whose head now rested in her lap. She hadnt expected to be found at the graves of her parents, the place was considered sacred among the elite meant only for those closest to the Connor clan to gather during their darkest times seeking solace. Few even knew of its exsistance and those that did swore they could hear the words of Hugh Connor on the winds. At that moment, she heard nothing but the steady breathing of the wolf. Still she wasnt totally caught off guard by the wolfs sudden appearence, and she was well aware that where the beast roamed, the master was never far behind. Was she ready to face him just yet? That was the question she had been asking herself since wolf first came into the clearning. It didnt matter whether she was ready or not, eventually the two of them would have to meet again and it seemed that the time for that meeting was then and there.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:00 am
Stablehand

He watched her with wolf and stepped from the shadows where he had been standing. Yes I am here, I did not realize where wolf was leading me to. I am going to head back a bit and leave you to here. I know you don't like me very much right now, nor do you want to be with me. I am not going to force you to talk to me or anything. I am going back and rebuildin my cabin. You and I have things to talk about when you are ready to stop doing things to keep pushing me away. I do not see why you feel the need to keep trying to push me away. Then you turn and get rid of a place that I built, that was mine was something I took pride in that I had taken care of. The only thing of everything I had that I kept just to hear you tell me I dont belong in what I was trying to make work for our family. But still you kept secrets from me and one that affects all of us, whether you like me or not I am still Aidans father and the father to the child you carry. Whether you like it or not I am a part of them, whether you like it or not you are a part of me. I left not cause i wanted to but what freaking choice did you leave me. You straight out told me I had no place there. There are no words you could have spoke more hurtful than those. So some had to change a few things, and I had to change every damn thin in my life because I love you more than anything that I had or that I have. But sorry that you cant see past wanting to push me away to see that.

He turned from facing her he was not going to let her see how shaken he truly was. He hated times like this and both of them knew it. He wanted to head to the cabin but he still he wanted to work things out with her. He could not stand this for long and he knew that. He had a lot of rebuilding to do with the cabin and he was going to do it.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:58 am
Stablehand

I never said you didnt belong. I said we shouldnt have been the ones to bend over backwards, but we did it and did it alot to make you feel wanted and accepted. Not once did I say I did not like you you big dummy, I love you Losa nothing and I mean nothing could ever change that. I didnt want to tell you anything, not about the baby, not about Rayne, not about the idea of the council meeting or about handing my postion and all the power that goes with it to Alec. I can admit that without an ounce of guilt, I kept secrets from you because you were under enough stress. The whole situation with your father has been a rotten one from the start. Look at how your brother reacted to his wife Losa, I could not take the chance that somehow something had taken hold of you too, what if I would have told you everything and then you lost it like he did or worse?

Running a hand through the fur of the wolf still laying near her she wanted nothing more than to cry in her husbands arms but try as she might she could not get her limbs to obey what her brain was telling them to do.

Your cabin still stands Losa. It was an illusion you saw. I would never destroy something so important to you.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:12 am
Stablehand

You may have well said that I don’t belong. We all gave up things to make things work. That is what gets me. You act like I did not give up a damn thing. I gave up my keep. I gave up damn near everything I knew and everything I had for I love you. I gave up so many things and what did people here have to give up other than actually using manners? We all had things we had to adjust to make things work. I never asked you to give up your position that position is one that is your right and I would not ask you to give it up. The situation with my father is no different than anything else. You had time before that to tell me about you being pregnant. You had time to tell me other things, and even knowing how important things are you decided that others should know about it and not me. I am the man that you married yet I am the one that you did not tell of things.

I am glad you would not destroy that cabin because I built that thing. And yes that is important to me but even that I would give up for you. You are what is most important to me, if you would stop and think you would see that. And you basically did tell me I was not family, did you really think I would stay where I was not wanted. You do not know what its like to be the outsiders with the elite. Maybe I sympathize with Con because I know how hard it is trying to work a marriage and seemingly to never be really alone. I love you Kiara I do and you know I do.

It is not about being good enough for me or anything like that. I did start thinking to think of everyone as family and you know it. And you straight out told me tonight that is your family. If that is your family, what the hell am I and what the hell is Aidan. You are the one who said that your family and you were done trying to make things work. Tell me what the hell am I supposed to think when that is said to me and when you were more than willing to run from our bed when all I was trying to get was privacy for my brother and his wife. If that makes me a bad guy then so be it.

When did you plan on telling me that you were pregnant again? Or dod you not think that I had the right to know something that I would be happy about?

Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:49 am
Stablehand

Once wolf moved his head from her lap she took to her feet looked at her husband with sad emerald eyes and smiled weakly.

I had time? Real time when our world wasnt being turned upside down by some disaster or another? Tell me when? Maybe I had time when we were spending our days in council plotting and planning against the very man you now call brother, or maybe it was when we were storming inns and kidnapping elven maids, maybe even when one of us was laying there almost comastose after being shot by a posion arrow. Or maybe there was time in between the daily routines of our lives before the mess with your father. Your right, I'm sure I could have found the right time in between all that to tell you. Be angry Losa, you have every right, but I do not have to stand here and listen to you carry on about how much you have had to give up or how little they have had to give up. They rearranged their entire way of life for you. You could at least be a little grateful that they wanted to accept you. Of course I am sure you will find someway to twist those very words to suit your needs, you always do. Nothing I say is going to make you see what I see, theres no point in speaking of it anymore. If you'll excuse me, our son is probably giving his nanny fits and I am too tired to do this with you anymore tonight.

A few seconds later she was gone from the burial ground.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:01 am
Stablehand

He had wanted to think about what she said but there were a few thiungs he did not have to think about. He spoke a few words and ended up a few feet beyond her and walked right up to her and put his arms gently around her and kissed her forehead. His heart was racing and he looked at her a sad lost look was in his eyes.

I love you Spitfire. Aidan will be fine for a few more moments trust me he is asleep. You are right things have been crazy for us, maybe there was no right time hell I dont know Spitfire, I just know that it hurt hearing it from Alec who you had time to tell. I should be one of the first to know about something like you being pregnant, elite stuff I can understand about not being one of the first to know. I love you Kiara and that group back there at the Hall I consider family. And since you cant seem to realize it I do apprecciate what they did, I also apprecciate how you put your foot down about them changing. All I was saying is we all had to make changes to make things work, part of mine was giving up things that were special to me for a woman I want to spend my life with.

Tonight just really exploded into a big mess as ot does when we fight because both of us are passionate in thier own right about things. I love you Kiara and I know you love me, and I do not know why we get into these fights other than holding stuff back. What scared me most is that day you were shot, it did, I thought I was losing you. We both know our lives are crazy at times. I did not even know you were considerig giving up leading the council or anyhting. I love you Kiara, I love the woman that you are, the wife that you are to me, the mother that you are to our son, and the leader that you are. I do not want to fight with you Kiara I hate it, and I hate the hurtful things that get said on both ends. There is no need for it. I went and left tonight cause I felt like my new world was ripped right from me, and then again when Alec came and told me all that stuff. I don't want to go back to the cabin, and I don't want to be sleeping alone. Not everything can be worked out tonight I know this and some stuff would be lbette rleft for another time and all. Yes we went through a lot with Con and Rayne, and everything else but you know what I would do anything for anyone one of them that are back there. All I was asking for was that they be given some time without a person following them. Is that so bad to want for my sister and brother?

I do not expect things to be perfect for any of us. Hell I would probably keel over and die if everyones lives were perfect but I can tell you one of the only things in life that I have experienced were not a damn thing else can even touch it, is the way that I feel about you. Its up to you want we do tonight, I would rather be with you then not, but that is your choice.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:32 am
Stablehand

Shaking her head slowly she untangled herself from his hold long in order to breathe, she was numb and she was tired. Too tired to really want to continue the discussion they were having but it was unavoidable and had to be done and if it needed to be done she certainly didnt want to continue in a hallway.

Follow me Losa.

She lead him in silence to the kitchen where she knew they would be alone. The occupants of the keep had settled down for the night save for the night watchmen and they were at their stations all around the keep and at the borders of their lands. In silence she prepared a cup of tea using the specially blended herbs that Oriana had left for her. Not until it had steeped for the proper of amount of time did she sit down.

I didnt tell Alec. Alec told me. The healing magicks of the elves is quite remarkable. It seems that when Archer healed me of the poison, he also learned of the baby. He told Alec because Alec was the one nearest to him at the time. I've already been to Alfultis and he has confirmed the rangers findings. As for having someone watch over Ray and your brother, yes Losa it is bad when my judgement and my orders are questioned. Ray is part of the Elite, therefore the matter of the princess becomes a matter for the Elite and as head of this clan I made the decision as to how to handle the situation. As head of this clan I will not tolerate my choices being questioned over such a trivial matter as privacy. Obviously you dont even know what it means to be watched over by one of your own. Rone watches over them by watching, listening, tracking, for anything that might seem out of the ordinary. Most times, Con and Rayne are alone while Rone does what is needed in order to make sure nothing bad happens to her or to your kin. What do I want to do tonight Losa? Sleep and worry over the rest of the world and everything that comes with it tomorrow.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:29 pm
Stablehand

He followed his wife and sat down after she did.

Listen Spitfire there are times that you need to tell outside of the main of the Elite about what is going on. There are things that I know need to be done. I agree with that. I also think that you keep me in the dark way too much. You kept that you are having a baby from me, whatever is going on with Rayne you are keeping from me. And what is this stuff about you stepping down as the head of the elite.

What is going on that you believe that Rayne is in danger? Privacy is not a trivial matter and you know it. How many times did one of us want to kill someone for walking in on us more times me than you but even you started to get tired of dealing witht it happening. Now if there is a reason for all of this dont you think they have a right to know about it? No I do not know about people watching out for me but its what I do. When you were concerned about them after things did I not go and make sure things were ok? Do I not think first about what i need to do for our family, and yes I was considering the elite part of my family.

I want sleep Kiara I do but I know most likelly sleep will not find me. But I will not keep you from sleep either we can deal with things later on.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:08 pm
Stablehand

Hey you there, guard. I need to talk to Rayne. She might want to know what is going on with her husband and I have the answers. Actually I have answers about what is going on with both Lord Shadows that is if any care to know. I mean you can even tell them that I said something is going to be happening. AH the great unknownof what will happen to them espeically my yougest boy. Ah the fun that it will be.

He grinned and went and sat while waiting.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:29 pm
Stablehand

She swore, she grumbled, she laid curse after curse on the heads of anyone she happened to run into while she walked along the torchlit corridor leading to the spiral staircase that would take her to the coves below. Coves that had been remolded and shaped to serve as holding cells. Basically they were turned into dungeons. The hour at which she had been called to the hall was obscene, she was in a less than pleasent mood having learned who she was being summoned by, hell she didnt even know what to call him now. At first she had every intention of staying exactly where she was, which was curled up beneath thick warm blankets and wrapped in the strong arms of the man who loved her. Then she was informed that Kiara and Losa had one hell of a knock down drag out fight causing Losa to leave the hall, whether for good or not remained to be seen. Usually the elf did not intrude on the personal affairs of others. People were bound to fight and normally they would work whatever it was that started the fight out for themselves, but hearing that Losa had gone left her feeling cold. Not once since he had come to the hall of Shadows had he left. Well there was that one time but that was in the first week the two had married and everything was chaos with the changes union brought. But that was long enough ago for there to be any reason good enough for him to leave now. So she decided to kill two birds with one stone. She definately was not looking forward to seeing Shadowrunner again, but what if he really did have answers that would explain the sudden change in behavior concerning Con? What if he was responsible for Losa leaving? There was but one way to find out. It took some time but she had managed to talk Con into letting her go, promising him that if he became too worried he could leave Robert with Rone and come for her. Now as her foot fell on the last step of the staircase she hoped that her husband would soon be standing behind her. Wrapping the black cloak she wore tighter around her lithe frame she approached the cell.
You seem to have something you wish to say, say it and be done with it so that I may return to my husbands bed.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:36 pm
Stablehand

He stood there with his arms crossed and looked her over, he reached out of the cell to touch her. Do you remember what my specialty is Rayne, do you remember the nights we laid there. I know I told you of what I could do to people. Well think about it. Both my sons are being affected arent they now. Now I know his snap judgement changed and Losa is back but he is so weakened by the love he has for that woman. And your husband hmmm did you see anything change in him tonight. Ah see I know you Rayne and I know what you like and don't like and I can make your husband into whatever it is that I want. Now there are prices that can fix things.

He grinned at her very knowingly and shook his head. Now see there is something we could do and well there is no one who would really tell my son about this. You know if I could have you for awhile, I might consider a compromise to help him.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:51 pm
Peasant

He had gone and talked to Rone and then headed for his father. It was not that he did not trust his wife. He did not trust the man that was his father. Not after the stuff they were told and we expected.

He moved down the stairs and heard the voices talking. He stood there and listened for a moment what he heard what was going on he wanted to go and rip the man apart. NO one talked to his wife like that, no matter who it was. He waited letting her respond before walking down.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:01 pm
Stablehand

She had stepped back away from the cell in order to stop him from touching her but when his mouth started moving spewing his filthy offer she all but lunged through the steel bars and slapped him so hard her own hand stung.
Her eyes gleamed speaking of murder and one corner of her mouth twitched when she saw her palm print, bright red on his cheek.

You're a PIG. I would NEVER give myself to you again, you could threaten me with anything, even my own death or the death of my husband and still I would not allow you to lay a single finger on me let alone allow you to lay with me. You have no ideal who I am Shadowrunner and if all goes as it should you will not be here much longer to try and learn who I am. I have faith in my husband and in my brother in law. They are whoever, whatever they want themselves to be. Nothing you do can change who they truly are inside. Their souls are their own. I have faith in my family. Together we will find a way to undo whatever it is you have done.
Try to touch me again and I will kill you.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:03 pm
Peasant

He moved in a fluid motion from the bottom step to the edge of the cell grabbing inside and yanking his father towards him. Now father I will tell you this now, you do not make threats to me or my family. You may have lain with Rayne in the past but let me tell you something everyone makes mistakes. I will tell you something else I ever hear you proposition my wife again or make comments like that to my wife and I will cut out your tongue. And not only will I do that you will be sorry you ever messed with my family. You can try whatever you want and we will fight it. You are damn lucky I can not get in there and rip you apart. I do not find your games that funny nor does my family.

He saw the color go in his fathers faith and he pushed him through the cell. You are so damn lucky I am not able to kill you yet.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:11 pm
Stablehand

I had not seen him coming till he was right up there after his wifes assault on me. I just could not believe I could not get her into bed. I had no time to respond when he grabbed me it felt like my throat was closing up. I was not going to let them win. Once he dropped me I looked up at him and moved out of reach. Con you know once a slut always a slut. Oh wait she does not give you much of anything does she maybe you should get her things to do things with you. You know she is amazing for the more you pay her or get for her. You know what I am talking about son. Buy her a ring and get some good stuff. So tell me son whats it like bein married to nothing better than a little slut who takes money and things to be more productive.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:18 pm