It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:49 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Father The Sons The Unholy Ghosts III (invite) 
Stablehand

Aidan clinging to her neck and giggling in her ear brought a comfort to the assassin she had not been able to find anywhere else that day. Her entire world had just been turned so upside down with the arrival of one man and she did not know if it would ever be made right again. She watched with a heavy heart as her husband walked away from her. Granted he would not be too far off but not one night had passed since they wed did they spend the night without each other. Not one day had gone by that no matter busy either of them were, that they did not make time for one another, it didnt matter if it was just a smile from across a crowded room or a glance in passing. Now she would be spending her nights alone and her days without the small geatures that would make her smile so. Damn that man and his wicked ways. If only Losa would let her rid of him! Now as she walked towards the hall she held her son tightly to her thinking what a shame it was that the boy had no real grandparents to look up to, instead he was the grandson of a vile creature that the world would be better off without. Grandson...
The next thought she had slammed into her so hard she could barely breathe. If Shadowrunner could see into his sons minds what was to say he couldnt do the same with her son? She tore through the hall and pounded down the steps leading to the cells below where she was stopped by the sight of Condrik who looked ready to kill. Moving she stood beside him and looked to his father then up at the warrior.

So kill him then if that is your wish, trust me I wont stop you Condrik, I could care less if he dies, he has meddled in our lives far too much and now I do not even know if my children are safe from his powers.I would however think of your brother and what he might say Con. Losa has always gone about handling things his own way. Maybe together the two of you will agree that the man simply needs to die. Just check with Losa first.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:11 pm
Peasant

Screw checking with Losa, you know what this bastard did. Let me in there Kiara and all this will be done with. I do not know of what all the rules are around here but just let me in at him Kiara. Your husband my brother is heart broken right now cause of nothing more than what this man has done. You are without your husband and Aidan without his Dad, he has put everyone at risk and does not give a damn who he hurts. True I may be an ass at times Kiara and been an ass in the past, but for him to make claims such as the ones he has made and to take the liberites he has. Give me one reason why I should not have his blood on my hands.

Hell just tell me how to get in there Kiara. Tell me cause by the gods if he had anyhting to do with my first wifes death and my baby's death that is what he deserves more than anything. Screw Losa's way.

The anger and hatred had him going at the cell even if he could not reach the man.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:24 pm
Stablehand

What if this is what he wants from you brother? Think of it Condrik, what if this is the reaction he planned to get from you all along by telling me what he has? He knew I would tell Losa everything and Losa in turn would tell you. What if he wants you angry enough to kill him, what if I let you in there and then he used your emotions, your hate against you? Think on it Condrik. Do not give in to him. Be angry, hate him if you must you have earned that right, but do not dance as his puppet.

For the first time since their meeting, since his coming to the hall Kiara opened herself up to her brotherlaw and showed him compassion, caring and understanding.

There is much to tell Condrik, come with me so that we may talk like a sister to a brother. Do not let this man trouble you at this moment Condrik. I know how hard it is and I know your feelings are strong but I am asking you to have patience. We know so little that anything we do could come back ten fold and bring with it disaster. Do you really want that?

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:42 pm
Peasant

He took a breath and looked at Kiara and then to his father. YOu are right his time will come, not that I like that at all. He si not worth putting blood on my hands yet for, though I am curious about one thing. Why he claims my first wife is alive when both Losa and I saw her die.

HE looked back at his father after throwing the things losa said to in with him and then went wide eyed. His voice sounding a bit broken at the sight of something his father was holding up. He stared at the ring as if to take a closer look.
Kiara you have to let me in there, I need to see that for sure. That...That was hers I gave that to her. I need to know where he got it from. I will not kill him I give you my word on that but I need to get that from him.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:49 pm
Stablehand

I cannot let you in there Condrik I'm sorry. However I can do one better...

Before anyone especially the man in the cell realized what she was doing the assassin held out her hand and in a clear voice spoke one simple word.

RING!

The ring held in the mans hand changed from solid form to many shimmering balls of tiny light then reappeared taking shape once more in the assassins hand. Before Dakota could react she grabbed her brother in law by the arm and whisked him, herself and her son from the cell by ways of the arcane straight into the well warded council room. Guiding her brother in law to her place at the head of the council table she bade him to sit then set the ring on the table before him.

There is the ring which you seek Condrik. I hope you may find some answers to what you are looking for now that you possess it, but a word of warning to you. Snakes speak with forked tounges Condrik, it is up to you to decipher what is fact and what is fiction. Tread lightly, none of us know the lengths to which that man would go to bring any of us harm.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:56 pm
Peasant

It all happened so fast and he was dragged out of there. He looked at the ring carefully and then looked at Kiara.

I hate to say this. I would rather not even think this. But this ring, it is hers Kiara, its the ring I gave to her before we were married. I can tell by the markings of it. I can tell you where some of those marks came from that were not in the original design. Hell Kiara could it be that he just got the ring and does not have her. But what if what he says is true and my first wife is still alive? He is the only one who would know where to look. If she does live what does that mean for Rayne and I? And if she is still alive does that mean my son is still alive? Ah hell this is jsut one big mess. What was it that you wanted to come discuss?

Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:03 pm
Stablehand

What does that mean for you and Rayne?Condrik thats like asking what would happen if Gabriel found his way back to her, she was his wife before she was your wife, does that mean that she would love you any less or leave you for him? No it doesnt. She made her choice Con, if you have to ask what would become of you and your wife, the wife you have now, then maybe you do love her as you think you do. If you unsure of your feelings maybe it is best that you break our Raynies heart now so that she can start to heal.

She had not expected to hear him question his relationship with Raynalia should his father be telling the truth and now she was at a loss for words.

Truthfully, I only wanted to get you as far away from that man as I could. I really dont have anything to speak to you about Condrik, I just did not like what I seeing down there or what was happening to you. I was protecting you like I do all of my family.

There didnt seem to be anything more to be said. Her head was spinning and her stomach was threatening to rebel again which was not surprising. She always lost her stomach whenever she was stressed to the point of no return, the twins she carried did not help matters any but there was nothing she could do about it.

If you need anything come find me and no one else understand? Its not that they others would not help you, its more like they are preoccupied and I do not want them disturbed. I need to go put Aidan down for his nap.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:11 pm
Peasant

He looked at her and walked with her. I did not mean it the way it may have sounded Kiara. I love Raynalia, I just did not know how she would take the news that my first wife may be alive. I would not break Raynalia's heart for anything Kiara. I love her, yes I loved my first wife but what I feel for Raynalia is so much more and means so much more to me. It is hard to say what I would feel if my first wife was alive but its nothing and there is nothing that I would leave her for. I just did not know how she would feel about it. I do not want her hurt Kiara, Raynalia means everything to me. With her I have everyhting I could ever want or need.

Thank you for protecting me down there. I know its not easy seeing me in a different light then what you came to first know me as. I apprecciate it, sometimes I still feel a little lost around here, knowing how most must percieve me to be. I need to go find my wife

Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:30 pm
Stablehand

Raynalia is a remarkable person Con. She will understand when it comes to your first wife. You understood about Gabriel did you not? Its the same situation only the roles are reversed

They continued talking while Kiara led the way to the nursery where Aidan would be put down for his afternoon nap. Reaching the room she rested a hand on the round knob and paused before entering.

There is more to you than just your past Condrik. You have to want people to see beyond that and you have to want them to get to know you as the person you are now. Losa and I were able to do that with one another, my clan was able to do it with Losa, they will do the same with you only if you let them because even they know that our resident elf loves you with all that she is and sees you as you are now. Go and find your wife brother.... and Con. Welcome to the family.

Slipping inside she softly closed the door behind her and sat in the rocking chair near the window. Humming a lullabye while rocking her son she stared out the window thinking of her beloved angel.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:33 pm
Peasant

He saw wolf padding up and opened the door so that he could go in with Kiara. Wolf went by her and sat nuzzling her hand.

He took off in search of his wife. He had to talk to her most of all he wanted to make sure she was ok. This was getitng out of hand and he knew that she may feel the same as Kiara did towards Losa. He sighed and went to check and wait at the cabin for her.

He sat there thinking over things. It had been a long day and now his brother was far away from his own wife, though the two always seemed so inseperable. He could not see them staying apart like that. He did not know if it came to it how he would feel about being apart from his wife.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:00 pm
Stablehand

She came home and tore through the door of the cottage like a tornado. A blur of black with a banner of flaxen hair trailing behind her, the door slammed open and bounced with such force the walls shuddered echoing her anger. She was so wrapped up in her anger that she didnt notice she was not alone, not that it mattered just then. What did matter? Did finding the truth matter? Did ridding them all of the nuisance that was Dakota Shadowrunner matter? What was the point of continually fighting to keep the family together when each damn time they overcame one obstacle another presented itself worse than the last. The last. Nothing was as bad as the last, at least not for her. It had been the last that brought her to death, the last that made Oriana take a year of her life devoting all her time and energy to returning her life. The last that had made her afraid each night she closed her eyes to sleep because she couldnt stop thinking that if she slept, Lyon would somehow get to her again. Of course it all mattered. Everything mattered. Everyone she loved was in danger, the most important person in her life needed her and there she was ranting to herself like a loon rather than doing what needed to be done to bring an end to what was happening to them all. She was still frustrated though and needed something to keep her mind busy until she was calmed enough to think rationally again.

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:21 pm
Peasant

He sat there and watched her come in like a bat out of hell. He stayed quiet for a moment.

Sure is a fine mess isn't it little elf. I came close to killing him tonight myself. Come and sit down. I know you must have heard a lot of things by now. There is a lot that needs to be figured out. They got Robert safe and away from all of this. So that he will not be affected. What do you think we can do here?

Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:50 pm
Stablehand

The hell iffin' I know whats ta be 'round 'ere Con. Iffin' I was ta have it my way he'd be six feet under by now, but Jade made a good point. The gods only be knowin' what in the bloody hell that man be capable of. Hes already manage ta get Kade and Losa apart, c'nay be knowin' whats hes fixin' ta do next. Bad enough he be flauntin' yer wife bein' alive in front of yer face like he was holdin' a pot o' gold. Aye Con I know what hes been tellin' ye, what he told Kiara. D'nay know a damn thing right now Con. Not a damn thing at all.

What was she suppose to think or do? All she could feel was anger and a slight fear that her entire life was about to be dramatically changed one way or the other. If Cons first wife was indeed alive where did that really leave her and where did it leave Robert? Time would tell, but her patience was already stretched so thin she didnt think she would be able to wait for time to reveal its ultimate design.

Question is Con. What do ye think ye should be doin'?

Somewhere I belong

Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:05 pm
Peasant

He moved to her and put his arms around her. I know that I would love to see him six feet under right now. He is holding stuff over people nad about people that he should not be messing with. They are apart till this gets resolved which who the hell knows when that will be. Losa thought it was best to leave. He is flaunting a lot of stuff but hopefully his holds are broke for now. Yes he is trying to flaunt that my first wife is alive. He even had a ring that I had given to her, before her and I were married.

His hands moved to take hers and he looked at her and then one hand touched her face gently.

There is something that I need you to listen to Rayne. I love you, and I love Robert. I just need you to know yes he is dangling her like a pot of gold, and it does make me wonder if she is alive. But not because if she is that I want to be with her. But if she is I do not want her to be oging through hell from him. But as far as what I should be doing is making sure that bastard cant harm my family. You mean the world to me my little elf, I love you more than anything. I just hope you know I would not let anything or anyone come between us. You are everything to me Rayne. Nothing can change that, nothing at all. You do know that don't you? I hope.

Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:28 pm
Stablehand

He sat there at his cabin just staring into a fire. He hated this, hated not being with his family. He loved his family more than anything and he knew this was the best way to keep them safe from whatever his father could use them for. In reality it was the only way he knew for sure they would be safe if he was not around. He just sat there and thought about it. Since thier beginning this was only the second time he was without her. The first was she was called off for some training thing that no one else could handle. But since that time even through everything if it was just being close to each other they had been together. Whether or not they did other things it had never really mattered because they were together and that is what did matter to both of them. He sat and played with his wedding ring. Looking around for a moment he spoke with a sigh.

I know this is best for now, for my family but damn its hard. I just hope she knows how hard this actually is on me to do but it needed doing. I know she would not have asked me to go but with all those restrictions she wanted going was the easiest way to ensure thier safety. I know they are fine wolf is with thm

Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:37 am
Stablehand

Nothing can change your love for me Con? Absolutely nothing?

She asked the question knowing that the answer. As much as he professed his love stating time and time again that nothing could ever make his love for her end she knew of at least one thing that could tear the two of them apart causing irrepairable damage. The more she was left to think the more her thoughts shifted to the one thing she knew deep down would bring an end to the terrorization they were all under or would it? There was no doubt in her mind whatsoever that if she acted on her thoughts and gave in to the demands placed before her, she would lose everything, the man she loved, her pride, her dignity, but she found a small dose of comfort knowing that if she took such a risk, at least her love and her family would be free.

And if I were to give in to your father Condrik would you love me still?

Somewhere I belong

Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:32 am
Peasant

That question shocked him more than anything he did not think that she would be willing to give into his father. He looked at her and he leaned in and kissed her softly his arms going around her.

You giving into him is not the solution. You give into him once and he would keep coming back trying for more. I do not want you laying with him for anything my little elsf. I will not let you be made out to be something you are not. He wants you to do this not to end things but to bring it back on you again and again. He wants to try and tear us apart in whatever way that he thinks he can. There would be nothing solved by it. I hate to say it but I am actually thinking I can get inside his head as well with his thoughts. That is what I am seeing is that he is not going to stop even at that. I love you Raynalia, and I will stand beside you no matter what. I know why you would want to but I also know the reasons why you can not. But I did think of something that might work. Yes that might just work.

He kissed her and his eyes lit up.

This would take some doing and I got to keep him out of my mind which I know I have been fighting but I got an idea. We will need Oriana, Kiara, you and maybe one of the boys maybe Alec. And of course a special guest that we will pick up along the way. I remembered something Losa once told me a story if you will, yes this may just work.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:16 am
Stablehand

He had been right of course, and she was almost ashamed to admit she had seriously considered doing what his father had wanted, almost. At the time in her eyes, to her way of thinking, there hadnt been any alternative, but now Con had an idea and anything he thought of would be better than what she had come up with.

Wait, dont tell me, dont even think it. Mind your thoughts Condrik, remember your father. The only thing I can say is Oriana should be arriving sometime this evening and that whatever your planning , you need to remember Kiara cannot be put in harms way nor can she be placed under massive amounts of stress.

What a time for Jade to be carrying, if she was needed in this plan of Cons Rayne just didnt know if the risk was worth it.

You might want to think out everything before anything is settled on.

Somewhere I belong

Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:28 am
Peasant

He looked at her with a grin as wide as can be on his face. This is just too perfect I just need to know if it can be done. I need you to trust me Rayne, trust me even more than ever. I need a set of your clothing that you do not care about. I need ito keep him out of my mind too. This is too perfect especially if he is not expecting it. No Kiara will not be put under any stress or anything. But she may not like this idea, but it is all taht I can think of to weaken him at least for a few moments. Ok until they get here anyways, I need to concentrate on keeping him out which should be easier. I just know the quicker we can get this done the quicker we can move on and concentrate on other things as well. Which also gives me more ideas on things .

His grin grew and his eyes lit up like a child when recieving presents and all.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:34 pm
Stablehand

He was all but talking to himself, sure he was telling her what he was doing an some offhanded manner but the reality was that he was babbling telling her nothing and expecting her to just stand there and watch him plot his plans pretty much acting like a man gone mad with his idea. Grabbing both his shoulders she stared him dead in the eyes looking for traces of his father if there even were any.

You have to tell me what your planning Con. There is no way in hell I am giving you anything or agreeing to a damn thing until I have details. Do you understand? I would move heaven and earth for you but you have to tell me what the hell is going on before you do anything else. You talk yet tell nothing and I understand you do not want him to find out but there is a chances hes already found out simply because you think, so there is no harm done in actually telling me flat out.

Somewhere I belong

Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:48 pm
Peasant

He looked at her and looked down for a moment. His mood took a turn for being totally down.

You are right he could already know. I guess I should not have been thinking about it at all. What I had been thinking is what if we took someone and had them become the image of you. Kiara had done that before so she would know what is needed. I am not talking about her doing it I am sure there is someone we could get to do it. I know it sounds awful love, maybe I should not be thinking that way. But its the only thing that I could think of that makes much sense, if by everything he thinks it is you then we can see if he truly would let things go. Maybe by then we can find a way to fully block him out. But am I just thinking crazy here? I could be I dont know little elf maybe I am just talking and not making sense at all, maybe this idea does not make sense at all but then again maybe it does. Ah shoot I do not know. Maybe if I was not so weak then maybe we would have all been a lot safer.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:02 pm
Stablehand

Losa told you about Kiara taking my form? Did he also tell you that she had damn near gotten herself killed by doing so? No. I dont care who you could get to agree to it, magick like that is not meant to be trifled with and I will not let anyone take chances like that again. Its not that it was a stupid idea Con, it just isnt something I want any part of. Theres another way, we'll find it.

It was starting to get to her. What made Dakota Shadowrunner so damn special that everyone was on eggshells and handled him with kid gloves. Hell every one of them knew what Kiara and the Elite were capable of what was the big damn deal if they just killed him and got it done and over with. What would killing him do? Keep Losa and Con from seeing even more of the jackass? Slipping down into a chair near the fire she pounded her fist against an arm.

Why do we have to do anything at all? Why dont they just send him off somewhere where he cant bother anyone again? Is it that difficult to simply shut him out of our lives for good? All this drama over one man whose not fit to shovel shit from a stable. Its sbsurd.

Somewhere I belong

Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:46 pm
Stablehand

Location: one horse town in Kansas, well yes Kansas but dont see any horses here but plenty of Cows....
He had read the missive that Condrik had sent and had not yet been done with his nightly work with his baby girl. He brought her with him to see Condrik and Raynalia. He knocked and opened the door when told to do so.

So what in the hell is going on here, the missive sent did not say much. I know you said there was trouble and that it is affecting the whole family. So what is it that is plaguing you and why do you look like you are ready to kill?

Hey Raynie, what I don't get a hug this time, sheesh I feel less loved.

He stood there waiting and listening once one started talking. And his face went red in its own right. The snake on his shoulders started to move about on him and he petted her.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:57 pm
Peasant

Then I do not know what to do, what if Losa was right that I could be a danger to you or Robert. I can't take that chance Rayne. I can not put my family at risk We need to do something about him and I do not know what would or would not work. I love you Rayne, and I love my family. Right now I wish we could just kill him but there was said there would be a problem if we did. I love you Rayne and I dont want what happened with Losa and Kiara to happen to us. I mean what is it we are missing here that we can do. I just don't know what to do anymore.

I do not know what I can do or that we can do about this all.

He looked at her and frowned a bit as he tried to think. I will need to talk to my brother, maybe he has somehting he is trying to cook up you new know with him. I do not see him going away from Kiara for long at all.

He heard the knock on the door and told them to come in knowing it was Aranor.

Short of it all brother, my father is here to cause more problems for Losa and I. This is one big mess and right now Kiara and Losa are stayinh seperately which I do not think is right at all. We can fill you in on the quick stuff.

He continued to tell Aranor the shortest way he could and his brothers face was red as all hell.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:13 pm
Stablehand

Despite the snake twisted around her brother in laws neck the elf embraced him in a quick hug and kissed his cheek before politely excusing herself from the room.

If you gentlemen will excuse me, I'll leave you two to catch up on recent events. I have some business of my own to tend to that shouldnt keep me away for more than an hour or so.

Saying good bye to her husband she leaned up on tip toes, cupped his face in her tiny hands and brought him to her for a long kiss. When the kiss ended she whispered in his ear.

Trust in me Saint. Know that I will do nothing to hurt you or bring you shame.

Before he could stop her she fled from the cottage like a bat out of hell.
Not too long after she was standing in the cavern beneath the hall of shadows staring into the cell.

Just once can we talk without you being such a pig? What happened to you heruamin to change you in such ways that I cannot even remember the man you used to be? What was so awful that you became this monster? Maybe I just never knew you at all. It is inconceivable to me that you, or the man I did know, could be so cruel to his own children. You still have not given anyone of us an explaination for such treachory Dakota. I need to understand why. You need to understand that I am not the same woman I was then, I will not give myself to you, so there is no point in you asking. If you chose not to tell me anything that we dont already know, which is very little, then there is nothing more I will do to try and learn as much as I can about this entire situation that you have put us all in.

Somewhere I belong

Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:19 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next