It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:30 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Tiavian attacks the Reverant Reavers 
Author Message
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 229
Location: one horse town in Kansas, well yes Kansas but dont see any horses here but plenty of Cows....
Post Tiavian attacks the Reverant Reavers
ooc sorry starting stats have not been given to me numbers wise it is 21 for Tiavain 19 for Forets

ic:

He was so excited this was the first time since introducing his new project he was going to get to try it out. The call for war came, and he came flying from his keep with his newest army. It was time to test them out. This should be an interesting test he did not know much of those they were going against. Using poison scales and poison aggression on the first he sent them out into the said lands to aid the scummers. He knew some of the people would not notice the snakes and they could do thier jobs. It seemed like he had waited for this test for so long that he could taste it. He met with the other dwellers of the city to plan the attacks. Being given orders was easier then handing them out so he was thankful he did not have that job. He sat itching to get going he had saved some of the snakes to go with him. He spoke a few words to them, his baby girl though he would not let go far from him. That and Sonny were not allowed to go far but he wanted both of them tested out on the war path that they had created. His guildmates knew better to pick up the snakes but any from the other side that did not risked poison by bite and by his spell of poison scales. He hoped the word had reached the others to not touch them. Now in the past Reavers had been a mighty fight and they needed to keep everything organized and together the last thing that was needed was any member of the City being affected by the snakes.

He stood back and watches as the other dwellers of the city marched as he released the snakes. He then took up arms and attacked the areas he was told finding some success and some resisitance. Only to come back to the city to find 100 of his fine snakes slaughtered. He stood and looked around swearing revenge on whoever committed these acts against the snakes.

This war was going to be a tough one but a different tough than the last. in the last war he had to bring sword against an old friend.

Their armies were called back to the city to defend having taken the first strike and now waiting to defend against the armies of the foret empires.

May the goddess be with us as we take on the forces of foret and protect our city.

Not many were the believing kind like Aranor was but he believed his faith in his goddess made him stronger.


Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:22 pm
Profile
Flaming Toaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Personal Universe v2.01.05
Post 
The shimmering lights, cast dark black and blue, the colour of cold blood, poured from the sky like a river of hatred, the anguish of the pagan come to life, come to form in the power of something that was both unreal and unsubstantial. God protected. God always protected the faithful and the keepers of His childeren...

The lights shined down on the mountains, stone shrugging off the blows like solid mithril turned commong steel blades. Where the lights rained from the skies like aurora, the living things trembled in their step, shuddering as the life was knocked from them as if nothing more than a thing to play with, a toy in some oversized childs hands. Animals feel to their knees, then to their sides, the last breaths of life heaved in gurgling sputters before they expired. Trees's leaves and needles curled back, and fell smoking to the earth, their originating trunks turning sickly colours before falling into rot.. Birds fell from the air, the woods went silent, but the mountains...they stood tall, loftily overlooking the spotty carnage of the lands. Patches of deadlands opened here and there as the lights of the pagan poured forward like syrup, deeper into the heart of the mountains, closer to the homes of the Reverent, the gateway realm and the other, lesser realms deeper into the gorges, canyons, and peaks.

The Lady watched as the lights came close, rippling on the curtains that God so lovingly left them, shielding them from the harm of the heathen and their spirits. She watched, eyes closed, using senses that God granted her to use that others did not or never even knew existed. The rythm, the ebb and flow, the pattern of the magic, painted upon a canvas invisble yet so large as to dwarf the perception of a mortal mind.

She shivered for the drafts crossing the crumbled window sill, wrapped in blankets to ward off the chill of the mountains. Winter was coming quickly to Ivalice, the one and only way into the lands of the Reverent. The passes into the backlands, the high keeps of others who chose to tend to the mountains in their own keeps rather than live in Ivalice and the small town that had begun to develope nearby would be snowed in before too long, and the first snows here, on the forested flanks of the great behemoths of the land would arrive in weeks, maybe even days. Her breath hung on the air this far from the rooms solitary fire place, one of very few that had survived the ages in the Old Kingdom.

Ivalice. A realm fallen into disuse and rot, its Sister, also named Ivalice, the grounds of wraiths and other unspeakable beasts, crawling with the pagan leeches during the daylight hours. Nothing more than ahaven for thieves and cutthroats. Here, in Ivalice the fallen, its stone walls, once magnificent and strong, cast down by warriors long passed away and by the lands own fury. Tumbled ruin but yet untouched by the promised workers of God, those who had yet to finish prepping the township above the Road Gate. The gaurdsmen stood atop the wooden towers, vigilant as they themselves had seen the threat of the pagan and their witchdoctors without the safety of God. Archers with arrows knocked, spearmen at the ready, the walls dressed with stone where they could be, all of Ivalice but a throng of tention as they went about the tasks that would becom,e daily, weary and always looking over their shoulders.

The Sorceress sighed, and turned from the window to the meagerly furnished room, hardly rating that of a Mistress of the lands. It was a bare room, she knew, but she had little need of anything save books of magic, a place to sleep, and a place to learn. Books were scattered there, some brought from Tiavain with er, books on the arts of healing and enchantment, books written with the power of magic, and therefore much easier for her to 'read' in the way she could.

The Istari were coming. Outriders, scouts who were stationed with fast mounts six days out of the final pass had reported seeing the enemy march; Enemies who bore the ensignia of the city of Magi.

So, at long last, the Istar had decided to make an example out of her for her involvement in the dealings with Reavers moons ago and now for her turning to God, rather than listening to the squabblings of some minor spirit goddess or something of that sort. Tiavain....serried rank upon glittering rank of the godless. And they were coming here, into the mountains, during the approach of the winter months....people of the burning sands, in the lands of the frozen wastes. If Seska had an ounce of humour left in her, she would have crowed with laughter for the simple delightful irony of it all, that they would so blindly walk into a pit of death. Outsides, the winds began to howl, the skies darken, and the thunder roll ominously. She could hear her priests shriek in mortal agony as they perished fighting off something so sinister and yet, so simple...she felt the power pushing against her skull, throbbing with every weak beat of her heart, every breath of air she managed to gasp. Outside, the wind increased thrice fold, then five fold, then ten fold, becoming a howling gale empty of anything save loose leaves and branches, and pine needles. Then a flake here and there of snow, then a handful, then a bucket, then a blizzard, and finally, a whiteout. The Sorceress shuddered with the effort of refocusing the power of the unseen casters many miles away, but pushed her way through it, using the strength of God and her own as well, and the guiding force of the Teachings. Somewhere in the howling blizzard, as the sorcery darkened skiers swirled and spread, dumping their frozen charge upon the lands and racing steadily back towards the intruders and the lowlands. The sorceress broke whatever daze she had been in, and stumbled slightly as she felt the loss of strength, strength that had been syphoned from her like a soul sink. She caught herself with her stave, and remained standing, heaving for breath, and cursing in her mind.

"Mi'lady.....the Istari d'Tiavain.....they have declared war upon us, milady, and they approach with great haste..." Said a familiatr voice, always too silent for her to follow and an aura so skillfully masked it made the Lady wonder from time to time.

"General.....Celes.......take some men, whoever you think to be able to take this horrific storm, and meet them. Do to them ..... what we did the the Black Dogs. Stop them make them pay in blood for every inch they ..... gain in their advance......go.....now...." She managed, before she had to stop to regain her breath. There was a faint swish of clothing, then silence, and she knew that the Dragon had gone to do her bidding.

"Damn you Astavia. You and the Magi....time to show you a dark little lesson." She whispered under her breath, something dark and horrid creeping into those words, something that you would never wish to see.

The storm howled.

_________________
GM Ordo Draco | Co-GM Demonic Reality | GM Revenant & Calael
And when the men on the chess board get up and tell you where to go.
And you've just had some kinda mushroom, and your mind is moving low.
Ask Seska. I think he knows...


Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:22 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Home
Post 
OOC don't mind me...

IC.

Two large pillars stood silently stairing back into the eyes of Dauthi, one had the body of a dragon carved into it like it was hodling onto the pillar and the other had the dragons head carved into it stairing at you with one of its eyes missing as if someone had cizzled out the eye for safe keeping. Below the open mouth of the dragon was a small hole, big enough for a small key to fit into it. The pillars stood silently there in the middle of the field that had no grassh. A feild of dirt and rock. The feild look as if it had been burnt many of times, and that the only living creatures that could stand to lay foot on the soil where that of the ill mind, and empty soul, yet Dauthi stood their stairing into the gap between the pillars, stairing past the pillars into the background behind them. It had been a long time since he last stood there, doing just as he did now. Dauthi walked closer to the pillars and laying down before it was a stone, like a head stone, it was covered in dirt and dead grass.

Dauthi nelt down to one knee and brushed away the dirt and dead grass, as he finished un cover the stone that lay there he read the words on it out loud. "Let any human he dare read this know, that the un-holy grounds in which you stand on now, is the last place that the Evil Dark lord Dauthi was slain and his evil minions were sent back to the hellish home they belong." A smirk came to Dauthi's face as he read these words aloud. He was actualy happy to think that the unpure human race thought that they could come into his home and kill him with out giving it a secound though, well he was back, and soon so will his creatures, his creatures of the darkness. Soon the gates would open and when they did, all who once thought they where safe would no longer be safe. Soon the bed side story that parents told their children about an evil Lord from the underworld coming forth and devouring their children, or making them work in refinaries to build weapons to slaughter innocent peasants in his way to control all of the lands of tonan.

_________________
Leader of Goblins ~ Start of the new trend.
"Didina wike dat beebee!!" - Belle's little one.
Fervent. - Yeah weird huh?
"<venus> who else was i doing..dauthi? and thantos right"


Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:02 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 56
Location: How about I'm outside of your window!?
Post 
OOC: Nice first strike. :P


CharLeS` saw flocks of people marching towards his kingdom. He saw children,women, and some knights. He turned to call one of his royal guards.

"Kawal, take a look and see what's going on in there. There's some sort of refugees coming in our city. They must have lost their kingdoms. Or they maybe enemies dressed in women's clothes. Bring me a report."

"Sire yes Sire."

CharLeS was drinking his coffee when his royal guard returned.

"Sire,women and children from our ally kingdoms have marched towards our city. They said that they were attacked by the feist isonians. Tiavain Sire, to be precise."

"Hmm. Why am i havent been informed on this? Why was there no single isonian soldier patroling our lands? This is bad news. Let the refugees in. Give them food and water. Then prepare for war."

"Yes Sire! Shall we bring playing cards with us? The war might be boring."
"Err! bring wine and food. We might as well get drunk!"

_________________
EMOTION IS MY MIDDLENAME™
Seismic Reavers™
...The Light at the end of the tunnel might be an oncoming train...


Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:42 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 56
Location: How about I'm outside of your window!?
Post 
OOC: the 4 new members have applied hours before your first strike. They are still in NPP and wont attack unless you attack them. It's still 12 vs 21. Msg me news if anyone of them attacks you.


Blood spilled through the isonian lands. Dozens of purple clad warriors lay on the ground,swimming on their own blood. Gray clad warriors swiftly marched towards the city of tiavain with few resistance.

"Sire, reports came that newly built kngdoms have joined the ranks of the reavers. We can use their army sire."

"Havent you have enough of this? Here we are,drinking our ass out, playing cards while attacking the heathens, then send reinforcements? Let them stay there and guard our kingdoms for us. Let them play their own poker game there. We will crush this enemies on our own."

"Very well then sire. Let's continue with this game."

_________________
EMOTION IS MY MIDDLENAME™
Seismic Reavers™
...The Light at the end of the tunnel might be an oncoming train...


Tue Nov 11, 2003 1:59 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:31 pm
Posts: 132
Post 
Never sat back as the messanger finished. With a sigh of frustration, he dismissed the guardsmen. No use in blaming him, though someone would feel his wrath. How could it be. Tell me again, though tell me slowly. Your muttering and sniveling only compicates things.

The messanger swallowed, calming himself. It would not due to upset the Patriarch. He began again, slowly, not trusting himself to break. He did not want to feel the wrath of Lord Never Solis.

Lord Patriarch, I am sorry. I will speak again. We do not know where the raiders had come from. Our night watch was unable to stop them from burning our protections to the ground. You had said as much may happen, so we were ready for that. However Lord, something unexpected occured. Their magics were unleashed upon the Black section of the city. Or we had thought they were theirs. We tracked the spells to a kingdom with no alligence. They worked with those who torched our protections, Lord. Our spies penetrated their walls easily. They did not send those who burned our buildings.

Never tapped his staff on the ground. So, most likely the Reavers had burned his temples and sorceries. No matter. But a kingdom with no alligiences, no known alliances, basically come from no where and attacked with mighty sorcery. The cowards. They did not fly any banner over their forces, yet they worked with reavers. He had heard of such dastardly acts, yet he had suspected better. But no, the followers of the supposed Just God had resorted to tricks and traps, using phantom kingdoms to preform their deeds. They could not do so alone, no, they needed trickery to accomplish their goals. Never was not surprised. They were true to form. Never picked up his cup of tea, taking a drink.

You are still here? Bad choice. The messanger had not left, and he paid for it. With a flick of his hand the messanger fell, withering in pain. Magic was a wonderful thing. So liberating, but, unfortunatly for the messanger, he was paying for the transgression of others.

_________________
The Dirty Secret of Callineb
Patriarch of House Risetti


Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:28 pm
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Post 
The silent demon smirked... The dragon had sensed him in passing... no question about that... and seeing the blinding glow of darkness radiating out from Seska, Ten's smile broadens. There is a blinding flash that nobody is capable of seeing... a violent light that goes unnoticed by the blind woman catching her breath only a few feet away.

His garments ripple around his humanoid flesh... bleached completely white by the power that courses through his veins. Each passing day since his final evolution has taken him to a new threshhold... a new boundary to cross. Each moment has passed in multiple places at multiple times. His exhistance had become omnipresence... and now he looks down at the being to whom is evolutionary opposition had been directed... the one whom he had always sought to beat... to be better than... and she was, though blind, still stronger... but the hatred was gone... his resentment had died long ago when he had realized that no longer did he exhist above or below any living thing... he had simply ceased to exhist and in so doing he had become more powerful than those who could still destroy him.

Silently the demon regards her.. knowing that she can hear the shifting atoms of his form, composed entirely of free-floating particles drawn from the air. She can hear and feel the hum of the endless well of energy that he had become. His blade is not present... though it could be called with but a thought... he had long since given up using it for any reason but to hear it cackle.

He simply stands, looking at her with an emotionless face... as if he had forgotten how to express emotion on it. His eyes faintly glowing in some undefined color... some unknown spectrum of light made visible to the naked eye only in his presence... but still she cannot see it...

Standing again in the presence of his long time rival... standing again before a blinded and crippled woman that was both weaker and stronger than any creature he had ever known.

And again he would offer his assistance.

_________________
You thought I LEFT this time? || Pissing people off since creation. || ~God and Jyhad~ || |_/|\_| DLT -*- Reverant -*- Reverent Lord - CoGM


Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:48 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 69
Post 
The last wisp of the heathen power vanished like a beaten dog, the last crackle of thunder and threat of lightning gone with it. The Dragon looked up to the skies despite the snow, which had dropped dramatically. The storm above had begun to spread, its full ferocious power weakening here and strengthening as it advanced down the slopes of the mountains and into the foothills. Her breath hung in the air, the words of the Mistress hanging right behind.

No way was she going to do that. She was tried of fighting wars where they let the enemy take ground....she longed to do the opposite, to turn the tides of battle back upon the enemy much as their sorceries had been thrown back at them. Tiavain was strong...very strong in numbers, strong in the arts. But strong might not be strong enough...she doubted if they had ever fought a member of the Old Kindered race, not like the Elves.....but older still. A people strong in sorcery, strong in body. Strong in mind, mosty of all, for having centuries to perfect tactics and techniques to turn enemies to dust.

She walked in the gathering snows, bare feet not seeming to mind the cold touch of ice to flesh as the flakes brushed against her tattoed cheeks and landed on a tattoed neck. The skies light reflected off of her freshly doned platemail; light, easy to move in. The deadly Greatsword hung across her shoulders like the weapon of some avenging angel, gleaming with deadly intent and purpose.

To raise an army. She had to raise and army from the dregs of society, sincev their allies much further north would not recieve word of the invasion for some days yet. Tiavain was days out, and the storm would stop or turn them, those who were unused to this hellish cold. The Dragon smiled once more.

Tiavain would feel her wrath, if not that of her Lady.

_________________
[center]The words you say, never seem to live up to the ones inside your head.
The lives we make, never seem to get us anywhere but dead.
[/center]


Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:06 am
Profile
Stablehand
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:42 pm
Posts: 139
Location: ANUS
Post 
LoCo looked at the aweful aftermath of the war. He called out his remaining peasant to recruite more wandering people out on the forest for they will rebuild what was left of LoCo's realm.

LoCo looked above as the sun shined over his eyes. "They were good and I wished that the war would have go on but things happen unxpectedly" LoCo whispered to the passing wind as he looked above.

"Mi'lord we have gathered some people but not all of them. They were slaugtered by wild beast in the forest. I am sorry mi'lord"

"You don't have to apologize. This is good enough. Give them shelter and food to eat. A big day is ahead of us. Garher all men for defence, we might get unexpected visitors."

_________________
VM - NV

We always want to play but we never want to lose...


Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:16 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore
Free Browser Based Strategy Game - Fantasy Authors, Books and Series