It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Father The Sons The Unholy Ghosts IV (invite) 
Stablehand

It was the worse, most inappropriate time, as hard as she tried she could not stop the laughter that bubbled deep within her belly, rising to her throat and burting forth filling the dining hall with the sound. Kiara was in one of her moods, no doubt brought on by the changes taking place within her body with each second that passed. Pregnancy for the assassin was both a blessing and a curse, there were just moments where she would go off on some rant or another causing havoc whereever she went not caring who she told off or threatnend to kill and just then Raynalia could not have been more grateful. Choking back her laughter after a stern look from her husband she wiped away the tear that spilled down her cheek, coughed once, straightened her shoulders and looked at Losa with eyes reeking of pity and sympathy.

Losa, maybe you should take your wife to your room for a nap?

She couldnt help but throw her brother in law a wink but then she moved closer to Con after the scathing look given by her friend.

Nevermind. I dont think she's ready for a nap just yet.

Turning she looked up at Con, there really was no time for fun and games.

If you need to talk to her alone, I will not try and stop you, you know that. I have to tell you this though, I agree with Kiara on one thing. No one can be that stupid Con. Keep that in mind...

I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I’m close to something real
I wanna find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:24 am
Peasant

He listened to them all and just shook his head. He looked to Raynalia and pulled her aside. He smiled his back to everyone else and leaned down and kissed her softly.

You trust me little elf I know this. But I need to really know if her and I being alone to talk would upset you. I mean if it will upset you love I will not do it. I do know that possibly if I get to talk to her maybe I can talk to her about things. Maybe I can get her to listen she was never good with group discussions. I love you Raynalia, that will never change nor could anyone change that. I know this is hard on you as well.

He looked at her and touched her face gently tracing it with his hand.

You are everythin to me my love. And I will never do anything to hurt you, and I want to spend the rest of my life loving you and making a life with you. I just think maybe if I can talk to her alone i can make her understand things better. But it is up to you my love.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:44 am
Stablehand

She took his hand from her face and kissed his fingertips then dropped his hand giving a reassuring squeeze before she did.

Condrik listen to me. You need to talk to her. If she is more comfortable doing so alone then by all means please dont let me stop you. You dont have to keep telling me that you love me and want to have a life with me Condrik, you've shown me in so many ways that you do so stop thinking you have to convince me okay?

Leaning into him she kissed the side of his neck gave him her best smile and muttered to herself that she didnt think the woman was capable of having a discussion with just one person. Knowing he heard her she winked again. Nothing was going to keep her from showing him just how much she was being affected by everything going on around them.

Somewhere I belong

Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:53 am
Peasant

She came around the corner of the dungeon black robes rustling, her tone low, on the floor above conversations were taking place that literally were putting her to sleep. She held no interest for the words shared between Condrik and his wife, wives, whichever term best suited the situation. She had been called to Kiara and Losas home to observe and form an opinion of Dakota Shadowrunner and therefore anything else that was taking place was moot. At least it would be until she could properly assess the man. As far as she knew, those she had been sitting closest to were held in awe by the stories unfolding before them and so none had noticed when she slipped away from the gathering, not even Starfire who always seemed to know where she was caught sight of her as she departed. It was odd that he had not noticed her move, even more odd that he had not tried to stop her, because of this she warded herself with spells that would keep her from any prying eyes, ears or minds. It would not surprise her if she learned that Dakota had made it so none would realize she was gone. Now she stood before the cell taking the measure of the man inside. He obviously possessed the powers of the Arcane but she could also tell that his actual knowledge of the Art in its purest of forms was limited. However this did not make him any less dangerous....

... You are Dakota, Losa and Condriks father. Interesting...

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:09 am
Peasant

He smiled and gave her a hug back and kissed her softly. He rubbed his hand over her back as he talked to her.

Thank you love, I guess I just keep telling you that because I want to make sure that there is never a doubt about who my heart belongs to. I do think it will help to talk to her alone. I would rather get this talk with her done with and I can find out what I can. I know you know that I love you. She can talk to me and I know that. Maybe just maybe I can make her see about things.

He held her close and kissed her again and then nuzzled. He kissed her forehead, tip of her nose chin and then lips. He held her tightly to him for a few moments. He smiled holding her there in his arms and keeping her close. He smiled and nuzzled her gently before slowly letting her out of his arms.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:10 am
Stablehand

And what is so interesting about me being thier father. And from what I can take of it I take that you are Oriana. You are the one that would come down here alone. Especially since those can over look that you left it is rather funny. So what is it that you came to ask of me Oriana?

I smiled at her sweetly and watched her with interest. I did not find many people that interesting but she was one of them. I know that she is powerful but how much more could she be. I watched over her and looked her over with a grin. Now there is something to be said about the women thay send around here.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:19 am
Stablehand

He looked around and saw her gone and cursed. He had heard the talk of where Dakota was being kept and he moved himself from the rest of them and headed down. He went and stayed on the spiral case knowing that Oriana would most likely know he was there. He was just going to stay there and make sure that she did not need his help at all. Not that there was much help that he could offer her.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:22 am
Peasant

What did I come here to ask of you? I've heard all that I need to from your sons and their wives, so what could I possibly ask you that I do not already know the answers to... absolutely nothing.

She returned his smile with one of her own, revealing nothing to him other than what he saw standing before him. Her mind, her emotions would not be read, not like the others had been. If he thought he could charm her with his forked tounge and fake smiles, if he thought he could goad her into some sort of reaction, he was sorely mistaken.

I simply came to see the man so many have made such a fuss over as though he were the second coming. I'm afraid my time and your time have both been wasted. All I see is a man trapped like a monkey in a cage. There certainly isnt anything special here worth seeing. Good day Dakota Shadowrunner.

Bowing ever so slightly, the smile still in place the mage turned towards the exit...

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:27 am
Stablehand

I looked up at her with amusement. See there is a difference between you and I. I like the adoration I get from all thought you would rather do whatever. My sons and thier wives are all weak pathetic fools. This has been quite entertaining so far right down to your puppy dog shane following you. There is not much that I can say to you about any of that except its mysterious how people just up and disappear. Wait hadnt that happened to your shane? Now this is interesting, I wonder there werre plenty of lovers that i split apart.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:36 am
Peasant

Lifting her head towrds the stairwell she realized that Starfire, Shane had followed her afterall. Closing her eyes for a second she hoped against hope that he would understand what she was about to do and not read into it anymore than what it truly was. Taking a breath, and casting a silent ward around him she called him out of the shadows.

You can come out of hiding Shane, obviously we cannot get anything passed this one.

The minute he cleared the landing and reached the floor of the dungeons she went to him and slipped her hand into his. If he didnt play along, if he showed too much reaction despite the wards now around them both, her entire plan would be shot to hell.

Yes, it is true, there was a moment in our lives where we were seperated, we were young then too young to think we could truly build a life together, so you see whatever you did, for whatever reason, became a blessing. Our lives took different paths, mine was to become a wife and mother, his to become a warrior. Of course with all things change occurs and it still pains me to think of the day I lost my beloved husband, but that too in some small way was a blessing in disguise because Shane and I found our way back to one another. Mysteries can indeed be wonderful, full of unexpected twists and turns. So in some way I suppose Shane and I owe you a great deal of thanks. Were it not for you, or so you claim, the events leading to this very moment would not have had a hand in shaping us into who we are today.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:47 am
Stablehand

He had been upset he had been found out and he came down. But what had happened next had shocked but knowing she was up to something he tried not to show the shock on his face. His hand in hers, it felt so familiar to him felt so right he wanted to pull it and run but he knew that whatever it was she was doing she needed him to take part in. Maybe what she spoke was to be true someday, if she lost that fool that treated her so badly maybe then she would open her heart back up. He still could not believe from all the stories told she was still with that man that he saw as nothing more than an asshole. It was beyond his thoughts of why she would stay with someone such as that.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:40 am
Stablehand

So you say you found your way back to each other so tell me about that. Tell me how it is that a man you kept shooting down is now your love. For I do not really believe you for all reports that I have says that your husband is alive and well. So would you like to try another one on me? I am not some type of an idiot. Except for maybe when it comes to Raynalia but that is a whole other story and all. This is interesting though I am sure Shane would love for you to prove that you two are back togheter. As would I. You humor me I am humor you.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:13 am
Peasant

You think him dead? Why I never said he was dead I said he was lost to me, why wouldnt your reports tell you anything other than he is alive and well then? Honestly is there need for such ... whats the phrase I am looking for here ... snide remarks?

He tested and tried her patience pulling and twisting grabbing at anything he could to try and get a rise out of her but his efforts failed. She had to admit he was a master web weaver, trying to convince her with vauge and veiled comments that he had been able to watch her life and the lives of the people she cared most about for years, but she knew because of who she was, who her father was, petty parlor tricks like seeing pools and other such magickal devices of the art used for spying were practically useless when tried on her. Her father had seen to that when she was quite young reminding her time and time again to keep herself well warded. Slowly it came to her like the rising of the sun, if he knew details of her life only from when she was younger and in love with a man other than Guidion and he knew details of her life only when Shane had once again entered her world, was it possible that he, Shane, was working with Dakota? It was a possability she was not quite ready to accept but one she could not overlook. Her face remained passive, a hint of a smile traced her mouth and she bowed once more to the man in the cell.

As I said before, I merely wished to see the man who so many veiw as a threat, there is no need for me to share my personal dealings with you m'lord. Once again I bid you good day.

With Shane beside her she left the cavern with the wheels of her mind turning....

Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:30 am
Stablehand

I smiled as she turned to leave with Starfire with her. Ah yes it will be a good day mi lady Oriana. See I will finish the torment I started on one son soon and then maybe I should just take care of Shane. Yes that would be an interesting thing to do. Ah such a man with such a heart for you would be interesting to take out as well. Now lets see where all this gets you. Shane, Starfire Same difference. And your husband Guidion isnt it, its a shame he is not around to see his wife claim to love another. What would he think of it, maybe just maybe I should try and touch his mind with it. Or who is to say I did not let him see all that has already taken place. Such a warrior as him doing things to find out about things but just not knowing what is going on here.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:36 am
Peasant

She wasted no time in pulling Losa to the side as soon as she returned to the dining room. There wasnt time to apologize to Shane or for explanations concerning her behavior below towards him, Shane was smart enough to see her actions for what they were.

... he is more bluster than anything Losa, a giant windbag if you will. Yes he holds some of the arcane, but he is not as all mighty as he is trying to lead you to believe. Do you understand what I am telling you Losa? Lyon Everwoods red mage was stronger than he is, I realize that you did not dispose of him at the start of this fiasco because you were uncertain of the consquences, but now you know, you can kill him and release all of us from his meddling. He has pried not only into the Shadow clans affairs but he has pried into mine Losa, though I find it amusing there is so much he is unaware of when it comes my life, our lives, which he claims to know so much about. Losa, he holds very limited information about us all, any low level mage can do what he has done. Its childs play and when children cannot play nice do they not get punished? So lets kill this particular brat.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:54 am
Stablehand

He no sooner was going to say something than he was pulled aside by Oriana. What she said made sense in some ways and in someways he was not sure about things. I am not sure what to think about him Oriana what do we really know of him? We know bits and pieces and if he is our father why does he look so young? I mean there is a lot that needs answering. But be assured also that his poking into our lives will not be tolerated. Con's first wife has some ideas of things I think and she wants to talk to Con alone, or he wants to talk to her alone. Ah hell I do not know what is going on here at all. Now tell me is there anytthing else that you noticed about him. Maybe he is giving out very little info because he wants us to underestimate him? I am not sure if I trust him saying too little or too much.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:14 pm
Peasant

Dont trust anything that comes out of that mans mouth. If he says the sky is red, go outside and see for yourself, if he says that your eyes are brown, find a looking glass and see for yourself, understand what I am getting at here Losa? I'm not underestimating him, believe me, with a father like mine, you learn early on never to underestimate anyone or anything, hell even an ant has the potential to be dangerous. All I am saying is he has his game face on Losa, hoping his bluff isnt about to be called.

There was always two sides to everything, she had already seen one side of Dakota, the side that was sneaky, meddling, leacherous, it was only a matter of time before she saw the other side. The only thing she had any reservations about, was wanting to see that other side. She was not yet ready to voice her opinion that the man might not be the father he claimed to be.

As for why he doesnt seem to age. That could be accounted for by many a thing. He is not sidhe, that much I can guarentee you. If there were one drop of Sidhe blood in his veins it would have been passed down to you and I would have know right away. He could have some elven in his blood even demon blood, but I am prone to believe it is more or less one of two things. Either he has learned an imortality spell, which in all honesty is quite doubtful, or he was on the recieving end of a spell that would slow aging, its also possible he has found some arcanic artifact. Of course I will remain here long enough to find some answer that will satisfy all of us, if you wish me to.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:40 pm
Peasant

He had waited a few minutes and went over to Rayne and hugged her and kissed her. I am going to talk to her and see what I can find out. It should not take long, she is usually a chatterbox. I just think that too many people is getting to her and also maybe she is scared to talk in front of you for whatever reason that may be. I love you my little elf.

He walked away from his wife to his past, the wife that he had thought he had lost forever. Well now she was lost to him but because of a whole otehr reason then he originally thought. He smiled at her trying to put her at ease and then led her to a room that would be more private for them to sit and talk. He talked to her about a lot of things just not the stuff with Dakota trying to get her to understand all that had happened and all that had been threatened and manipulated. He sat there in thought a few times. They were even talking about thier past. He had not wanted to be in there this long because he knew the longer he was alone with her the more she could form the wrong ideas about things. He did not want her to do that, that was the last thing that he had wanted.

As they talked he remembered a time when they were young and everythin for him seemed to revolve around her but this was no longer the case he had a wife that he loved very much. He would not do anything that would jeopardize his future with Rayne. His family was too important to him. But this was the first time that he and Marlene had got a chance to grieve thier son together.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:30 pm
Stablehand

Though he had kissed whats her face, she thought it was a good sign that he wanted to talk alone. Maybe she could get him to see that he really did belong with her. She smiled as they made thier way back to talk especially when she saw that woman that thought she was Cons wife.

They sat and talked about things, it ranged from Dakota to thier past back to Dakota and what he was pulling in the present. She could tell by sitting there looking at Con and looking in his eyes that he was telling the truth. He was one of the people that you could look into thier eyes and see thier soul. More importantly she knew how to read Con, and that was as important as anything else right now. He was trying to forget things she could see that. Then they got on the subjuect of thier son. She moved to the seat next to him, she had already told him about what she saw in and from Dakota.

She rubbed Cons back gently it was was something he always ahd found soothing, she thought she heard the sound of the door.

Con I know this is hard on you, but I love you too. We will work things out, I promise you. We will figure out together how to deal with things

With that she kissed him softly and moved away after.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:43 pm
Stablehand

Alright so she was nosy and wanted to know exactly what the hell was going on behind the closed doors of the council room. She smiled at Oriana as she walked passed mouthing a silent thank you to her friend for unknowingly keeping her husband busy enough for her to make her escape and all but ran down the hall. Opening the door to the room just a crack she peeked inside and what she saw made everything around her turn red.
Her green eyes were gleaming, always a sign that the firey haired woman was about to explode on someone and just as she was about to fling the door open she felt strong arms wrap around her waist and her feet lifted off the floor. Turning her head she found herself staring into the most beautiful eyes. Slapping a dazzling smile on her face she half turned in Losas arms, and wrapped her arms around his neck all the while staring up at him with such a look of innocence she was making herself sick.

All through speaking with Ori Angel? Well thats good. You know I thought I saw Robert and wanted to make sure he didnt bother his father while he took care of his business. I guess I was mistaken though, theres no Robert in there...

Under her breath she muttered.

Theres just a leech who doesnt understand what no means.

Blinking she grinned at him some more...

Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:53 pm
Stablehand

Damned if I know. You think shes finally flipped her lid?

Nope. Shes thinking just watch.

Alec, Rone and Broderick stood over the elf who was laying on the floor looking more dead than alive. The rise and fall of her chest was barely visible, the only indication that she was indeed still living was the way her fingers moved slowly over the scar peeking up from her slightly lifted shirt.
She had been overwhelmed with thought and emotion and needed an outlet. Thoughts of Gabriel and Griffon had come down on her with such force she didnt think she could handle the pressure. Each time she became caught up in memory she found away to get through the pain each memory brought. Every muscle was relaxed to the point she felt like a blob rather than a whole body, locked deep within the elf where her most private pain and feeling was kept, she opened the doorway letting everything from her happiest times to her most devistating flow. So connected to her feelings and to that which was closest to her she was able to share her feelings, her thoughts and have thoughts shared with her. One thought, one surge of feeling coursed through her. Slowly her body lifted from the floor hovering just a few inches from the stone, the three watched in wonder as orbs of light, white, black, and gold seemed to come up out of her body and danced around her in circular patterns. She seemed to linger there for an eternity until each of the orbs zoomed towards the ceiling and shattering upon impact into thousands of shards of tiny light that cascaded down. Only then did her body ease back to the floor and her eyes opened. Looking up she saw the expressions on the faces of the three men, Rone was grinning down at her, he had seen the spectacle before, while Alec and Brodrick looked as though they had just witnessed a miracle. Reaching a hand out to her Rone pulled her from the floor to her feet.

Feel better?

Dusting herself off the elf nodded.

Ye know I do Rone. I'd be feelin' even better ta tell ye the truth iffin' ye'd just let me go in there and beat that bitch down.

He laughed then and shook his head.

A little too in tune today are we Raynie?

Just a wee bit darlin' an' ye can bet when they get outta that room, me and miss priss are gonna be havin' some words.

Somewhere I belong

Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:16 pm
Stablehand

He laughed and held his wife close to him, he brings her away from the room. He leans down and kisses her softly. Now Spitfire why not tell the truth. I know you are worried about Con and were checking on things. Also might be that you are worried about how safe is Rayne's heart right now. I know you spitfire, I also know you saw something there by what you said. So tell me wife what is it that has you so riled up that you do not want your husband to see that you are ready to kill? Hmmm I am rather amused that you would try and pull one over on me. We know each other too well.

He grinned at her with that grin that he saved for certain times. This is one of the times that he would show her his greatest smile.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:24 pm
Stablehand

Losa Shadow why do you always assume I'm off sticking my nose....

He smiled at her and her thoughts went right out the window. What was she saying? Oh yeah she was thinking of some excuse to give him or was she trying to find a way out of being caught doing something she knew she shouldnt have been doing? Wait she knew! She laughed and nipped at his neck before settling back in his arms with a pout on her lips.

Alright so what if I was being nosy. I wanted to see what was going on, there I said it alright and you should be glad I am nosy! Do you know what? We all heard your brother tell that woman that he loved Ray and wanted to stay with her but that woman had the nerve to sit there kissing up on him and pawing at him like he was a ... a... a prized pet! Yes siree that is exactly what I saw now go in there and fetch that boy out Losa before Ray sees or hears of any of this and this shit gets even worse!

Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:33 pm
Peasant

He pushed out of his chair and got up. He did not realize anyone had been at the door. He was pissed off at the whole thing.

Marlene what in the hell are you thinking talking like that.

I don't love you, while we were talking I never mentioned a damn thing about loving you. If someone had heard that it could cause trouble with my wife but I doubt it. But maybe that is what you wanted. What I felt for you is gone I feel nothing but pity for you. You are trying to use things to try and get me cornered into something or fall weak into something. Well guess what it won.t work. I love Rayne, and she knows it, she knows I would never cheat on her or do anything that would hurt her. You tried to get things to seem more. I am sure this was your plan all along.

Now did you think this one up all on your own or did you have help in thinking this one up? Let me guess it was partly Kota's idea. Well that bastard is going to get exactly what is coming to him.

You want to cause trouble for Rayne and I then stand the fuck in line. There is a line forming you know. You are so damn lucky I do not believe in hitting a woman.

He had not realized how loud he was in saying the last 3 sentences. He went right through the door opening it hard.

Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:34 pm
Stablehand

First came the silence, then the shouting and finally Condrik had come down the hall looking like a mad on the brink of murder. A slight sliver of fear traced her backbone like a cold finger running along bare flesh cauing goosebumps to form on her arms. Involuntarily she moved just a step closer to Rone. She had never in all their time together seen Condrik looking more like a beast than a man. Whatever happened in that room obviously did not go well. Swallowing hard she forced herself to move and went to him with wide eyes full of concern. She didnt stop walking until she had her arms wrapped around his waste in an embrace, she could feel him shaking. The two stood in the room in silence until she loosened her hold on him and looked at his face again. Some of the anger she had seen a few minutes before was gone, but the fires were still smoldering in his eyes. Reaching up she put her hand to his face and had to smile.

You might not be able to hit a woman but I can. Want me to knock her out for you?

Somewhere I belong

Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:47 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next