It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 MAXIM GENERAL DISCUSSION (OOC) 
Stablehand

Canon is a simple idea. The biggest guild with the biggest realm wins. Anything else is simply make believe. Honor does not, has not, and won't exist in this silly game. I'm bored seska is bored, Leto doesnt exist. No one cares. The game is over, and the game play is a waste of time, all that exists is the Roleplay. In the mind of roleplay: SA was at war with MOS, I felt compelled to help, since my realm would not exist without Mos' protection. It was fun making a 2 million acre giant and proving tithe totally broken. The least I could do is participate when they war. Angie has no chance, they have had none from the begining, and they will have none until everyone stops playing barnie. They might as well reset and make barnie realms like all but 4 Leto did.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:06 pm
The Warlady

Thats the problem.
We got to keep these people out of Maxim.
They think it is another canon game.

I think the GM's need to get together make make an OOC pact or something to keep these people out.
They dont belong here, and they know they dont belong here.

If we dont unite to police up our game, it will turn into another crappy Valid.

The new game is coming soon.
Sunblade has good plans for it.
I bet you dollars to donuts these cats will try to ruin it too.

How we go about keeping them out?
hats the tough question.

Chains is our problem and we will take care of it.
We know who they are.
Simply dont take the types into ye guilds.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:21 pm
Stablehand

Ya know Chains, I usually keep quiet about this kinda stuff but that just did it for me.

YOU have no honor.
People like you and the guilds that you run are the reason why shit like this happens.
Ever think that there's a reason why I haven't seen one of your guilds stick around for an entire age in Maxim?

Maxim is about RP first and foremost and warring second. Clowns like you come around and don't do shit for the RPing side and think you're the best at building realms cuz you might have the numbers figured out.

The appeal to Maxim is that it WASN'T guilds, but that appears to have changed since they lifted the RP guidelines and made it an open game.

In my opinion, it might kill the game, but it should revert back to invitation only with an RP minimum that is enforced by GM's and maybe a select few who are willing to help the GM's and monitor the boards for 2 sentence crap.

As far as you, Chains and Seska...

Don't know you but your actions and words speak volumes and it's not something THIS side of Canon needs nor should it put up with.

Seska and I have had words more than once and I'm sure we will once again after he finds the nice little Q i sent him earlier.

It has become very evident that honor lies in a few select members of this community anymore and that saddens me since I find this one of the greatest games I have been fortunate enough to take part in.

I thank TBL and FOUL for being some of those people and doing what they can to keep Maxim alive and kicking, but maybe it's too late.

Hopefully Sunblade can save us, I know he's got my vote.

Sekhet-Aaru

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:57 pm
Stablehand

The problem with a gm pact Shay is Nagash is one of the bottom feeders.

As for SA's strange post, Calis and I ran Divine light for many, many, Years in Maxim, and I was guilded for longer than that in mopri, Although I never ran a guild. Dark lasted 1 age in maxim becuse Soul demon let ISA steal my fucking guild name in valid. So I disbaned the guild. I knew leto wouldnt exist without dark. And I was tired of the imbalanced shit that goes on outside of guilds.

On a Side note about honor, I gave up caring about such a meaningless concept in canon becuase it's not an idea shared by most of the player base. After you get declared on for the 50th or 60th time while in a fair war against someone else, you really stop caring.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:07 pm
Stablehand

On a Side note about honor, I gave up caring about such a meaningless concept in canon becuase it's not an idea shared by most of the player base. After you get declared on for the 50th or 60th time while in a fair war against someone else, you really stop caring.

And Then proceed to do the same yourself.

:clap:

Walk in the darkness to find the light

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:21 pm
Retired Admin

I'm not going to exclude people from the rejigged game, but I am going to put the responsiblity for the conduct of their players squarely upon the shoulders of the GMs. If a guild doesn't have a solid roleplaying presence in the game for a long period of time, then I will ask the GM why they chose this game to play in. No coded post requirements, no monitoring of individual posting required, just common sense which hopefully will never even need to be enforced.

For now, though, please don't use this thread to bicker OOC about what's happening ingame. If you have problems with people, call them out IC or discuss it off forum - most people have contacts for ICQ, MSN, Yahoo or an email address listed in their profiles.

I'd like to see the few OOC threads used for opportunities to compliment other people on their writing or point out read-worthy threads, rather than complain about other people's actions ingame. I don't think the current small playing population in Maxim is divorced from the fact that at one time or another, spiteful comments in OOC threads have made the forum a fairly unpleasant place to post. Let's not go there again.

Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:33 pm
Stablehand

As for compliments and read-worthy threads.

I have been reading the main threads dealing with the destruction of the isle and the reactions of quite a few notable figures of the island. While those are good however, I think most people read them fairly regularily, so I'd just like to point out that Blood Curse has really piqued my interest... mabey it is the explosions, mabey it is just catching up on an FA member of olde, or mabey it is just the very entralling writing behind the characters of late... *shrugs*

I also quite enjoyed the ending of Hostilities and A Touch of Treason. The smiling and relaxation while being hanged tugged at something, though I don't know the background of the characters enough to really have as much depth as I would have thought neccesary for that.

I have sadly not looked into many more of the threads not linked in the stickies, but I hope to have the time to do a thorough reading of those monsterously long ones some time soon... I had managed to find a few gems while looking through HistoryOOC but I also haven't gotten very far in them.

Anywho.. just thought I'd finally step up and start the positive comments thing off. :)
(especially since other places with summaries and such have been slow in the update areas recently) :wink:

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:36 pm
Teh Spam!

Good idea to change the tone and subject of this thread, mate.
It's a pity that History OOC hasn't been updated in quite a while. Prolly has to do with QueenAnne being MIA.

It's good to see that even in the absence of a game to play at this moment there is quite a bit of RP being done. Keep up the good work!

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:45 am
Retired Admin

Yep, it's very good to see people still posting - and the quality of roleplaying is excellent at the moment.

I should have a solid start date for Covenant at some point soon - as soon as I do, I'll let people know.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:59 am
Stablehand

I admit that the HistoryOOC has not been updated recently and that is a shame. A lot of it has to do with the fact that Queen Anne is MIA at the moment. Also I am busy with other things and I kind of feel at times when I do want to add to the HistoryOOC page that I might be stepping on toes.

Be that as it may, If you see something that you think is note worthy post it here or send me a PM and I will definately look at it and more than likely write something up for HistoryOOC.

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:00 am
Teh Spam!

SunBlade, looking forward to the new game man... :)

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:22 am
Stablehand

I remember at one point that our Queenie said she would be away for a month or two... but it seems like an awfully long time ago she said that, at least definately longer than two months.

I'm in too many RPs involved to recommend any, I won't say anything about my own work :P *gives the good excuse and runs off*

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:42 pm
Stablehand

As long as you have the time to update, and want to, do so. Or, at least if it is my toes.

*narrows eyes at toes*

Lazy good for nothings... :P

As for the new game and the soon to be released set start date; I am at a level of excitement generally reserved for plasma.

(While that might have been a bit of a hyperbole... suffice to say, I am also looking forward to the new game. :) )

edit: bah! I didn't count on someone posting while I wrote mine. :P

In response to Daron's post: Yeah... I tried to stay away from commenting on stuff I'm in as well. :P

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:54 pm
Stablehand

I remember at one point that our Queenie said she would be away for a month or two... but it seems like an awfully long time ago she said that, at least definately longer than two months.

*A thumping sounding is heard from a secret room in Sturms castle..Then a loud Thwap!!!!..and silence resume's..
:shock:
Nothing to see here, just some .....mice<nods nods> :wink:

*gah...bloody alts

Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:12 am
Stablehand

Hehe, methinks Tael is tryin to prevent me from killing him, as Blood Curse and the hostilities threads are both mine. But tis touching regardless *bows*

Anybody that wishes to post in either is welcome to. Hostilities is pretty much ended as Laus is dead, however I will post with anybody there that wishes to, but as Wulfric. I'm adjustable.

Blood Curse Ranin and myself are working at bringing closure to. The portal (which when I first wrote the rp I didn't intend, but works out nicely in) will lead to the "new" island. Tis how we will be "escaping" maxim when it ends.

I myself, haven't looked at many of the big end of the world threads, as I often lose focus. I may try to catch up someday, and make posts in reminisence.

But Darkness Leads to War (sorry I don't have the url) is a very intriguin thread. I've read all of it now. Open rp war, should people keep posting, it could turn out well.

Anne is missed by all I would believe. She was an integral part in the rp around 'ere, and of MoS. However, if the OOC crew wishes continue with updates into the new age, I'd highly recommend that you do. I enjoy reading it, and sometimes I catch threads there I normally wouldn't look at.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:56 pm
Stablehand

Nah, I'm just commenting that your RP of late has been quite good.

Besides, it may be a bit hard to 'kill' Taelriath. :wink:

I also hope that Darkness Leads to War continues to receive regular posting. I've been trying to keep my alt there up and running. I'd like to comment the others in that thread though, since I have enjoyed all the posts they have contributed. :)

I haven't seen much of Queen Anne's RP really.. as I haven't looked into much from before my own arrival (and even for the first bit of my stint here I mostly stuck to reading threads where I was active, sadly). I'll have to go check out more of that older stuff sometime soon (he promises himself once again).

Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:15 am
The Warlady

Who is Queen Anne?
Did she play back in the MoPri days?
Anyone have any threads she made?

Figure I best get familiar with her RP style before she gets back.
I know zip about her.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:51 am
Stablehand

I think you're timing was 'perfect' in this, mistress Griffinsbane, I think she disappeared at the time you popped in again.

Who Queen Anne is can best be explained by MoS members, for she GMed that guild; I personally haven't played along side her. In my opinion she gained respect from the way she acted on the boards, both IC and OOC.

FYI: The old MoS charter (there was a new one, I should have that somewhere... [edit]New charter added as well)
Ministry Diocese MoS RP thread
Welcome to the Ministry

[edit] Before I forget, I'll take back my excuse and recommend some RP; I'm quite happy to see that one or two guilds are still RPing together, even if they're guild does not exist anymore in-game or only part of the membership participates (Neo voice... "there is no game"), a big thumbs up to FA and TBL for that.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:07 am
Stablehand

She is a very nice lady with a firm grasp of what RP should be and how it should be developed. When I played with MoS I joined baecasue to me they were the one true RP guild that was truly active at the time.

Her presence along with others from MoS is sorely missed. Check out some of thier RP if you want, it was very good and consistant.

Also I should have time to go thorugh the boards tomorrow, I hope, and will update the HistoryOOC with some threads. Since I am crushed for time most of the time, any help would be appreciated.

Just point the way to threads you find interesting and I will do the rest.

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:48 pm
Stablehand

I thank you from all of us who where in Mos.. We tried to make the game and the Rp thrilling and hopefully entertaining... Queen Anne started Mos and along with Brett... Who are 2 of the most to me best rper's I have seen... If you all could only see the behind the scenes posts that were in our guild forum for Mos.. they had brillant ideas and were totally committed to the RP aspect of the game.

Iblade

Current holder till she returns of Mos.

Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:30 pm
Stablehand

Queen Anne is also known as Xas in the other Forums. She is a New Zealander like myself and I first came across her when she returned to the game and played for a short time in NV. From there she moved to Tiavain before finally starting the Ministry of Stone.

Her love of RP caused her to start the HistoryOOC Blog and she was doing a project to collate the history of Maxim at one point. Collecting Charters and such. I'm not sure what happened to that project.

I really enjoyed writing with Anne she and I had fun discussing how our various characters who act or react to something that happened. I know there were times when I'd be sitting here laughing calling her a sneaky bitch because of the spanner she would toss in to twist the rp story line, but I know I used to do similar things to her. I miss writing with her but sometime real life grabs you and doesn't let you go.

What more to say ...
Great writer
Great Founder/GM
Great Lady :)
and the guys in Comments reckon she is Hot

Keeper of scrolls, Callineb

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:06 am
Average

Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:56 am
Traveler

A Brett sighting!!!

I have a lot of respect for Queen Anne and Brett as well as the others in MoS..including Iblade :P

And I would have to agree with the guys in comments, the pictures I saw of Xas - she is a looker.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:16 pm
Stablehand

Oddly despite not playing and jsut no drive for writing right now I still tend to do a quick perusal of the boards on a daily basis.

Its like a smoker cutting down before quitting and when I smoked that never worked for me, so I guess I'm doomed to return sometime :D

Keeper of scrolls, Callineb

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:48 pm
Stablehand

Brett... How I have missed our arguements... Nice to see your still around...

I do miss getting you all riled up, but I miss the war chats the most.. I will always remember those times...

heheh... and watching Anne play mediator between us...

I do hope to see you in a guild sometime...

Iblade

Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next