It is currently Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:54 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The hunt to eliminate all magic (OPEN)(Tiavain - Risetti) 
Stablehand

Post The hunt to eliminate all magic (OPEN)(Tiavain - Risetti)
Magic...

He hated everything magic, nothing good had ever come of it, he was a warrior in heart and soul. Magic always comes in the guise of good... "This ritual will turn you into something stronger, something to make you more capable in your place as a soldier" they neglected to mention anything at all about it also turning me into a demon. "This magic will increase your sense of smell, make you faster" but did they ever once say it would make me one of the lycan... No.

Now I am doomed to a almost immortal existance, I can never enter a church of good and silver, while the demon can protect me limitedly, silver still at a touch causes great agony.

Now they make me learn how to make magic... the single source of my pain, the reason even death holds no escape for me. All I want to do is eliminate this filty tool of the gods but they make me learn its proper usage as if any usage can be called proper. They even expect me to expand its borders by researching its limits and developing new spells for them all to use. I will have none of that.

Nixsyn grabbed the scroll in front of him and cooly tossed it into the fire

Never will I degrade and weaken myself by using magic, this is all I will ever need. Sorcerers beware I am comming for you, I am comming to take away the life that the gods never should have granted to you in the first place

With that Nixsyn drew his great black two handed blade and clove the nearest table in two, the blade cutting cleanly though it never once even slowing as it passed as easily through the wood as it also passed through the metal bindings.

Every eye in the tavern turned to the stranger as he lifted his nose and sniffed at the air. The barkeep began to reach for his crossbow, his palms suddenly sweaty. Nixsyn turned and began to make his way to the door, he had come here for a reason afterall, and it would not be a good time to be delayed. On his way out the door he tossed a gem to the barkeep, more then enough to pay for his lost temper.

It took few moments for him to reach the building he had come to find, A triple level stone tower, with only one entrance. The home of some sorcerer who had decided in direct opposition to Nixsyn's wishes to open up a magic shop in the city... his city. A filty decrepid man selling evil to the highest bidder. The rage inside him was building slowly as he approached and knocked at the door.

Slowly the door opened to reveal a man 20 feet away in long flowing robes standing behind a counter. A slight gasp caught in his throat as he looked upon without knowing the true identity of the Ruler for this city. Nixsyn spoke and as he did so it sounded like a low throaty growl

You against all my wishes have brought magic into this city,my city. I have now come to deliver to you your due punishment...

Please good sir this desert is full of magic, if there is some licence or fee I might pay to compensate you, I am sure we can reach some agreement

I will tolerate no magic brought into the area under my control. You must understand it is my intent to protect the common people from the evils of its usage, and from evil people like yourself who would taint society with its use.

With that Nixsyn drew his great blade and began to advance on the mage. For only a second he cowered until he brought fourth a book and began to furiously chant from it. Slowly the spell began to form, its energies a colassal whirlwind of power, until its full fury was unleashed on Nixsyn.

In the second just before the blade came screaming down to take his head cleanly from his soldiers, the mage locked his eyes on the fiery 13 burning on the blade and heard a voice speak to him in his head

Mine! You will not harm him, he is my human. My magics protect him. SPELLTRAP

Unfortunatly for the mage nothing happened, such power should have destroyed any man. The only thing of any great note that happened was a single gem fell to the floor behind Nixsyn. It escaped both of their attentions.

It had ended far to quickly Nixsyn thought as he walked out of the tower, his sword now sheathed, usually they got at least one spell off, usually they hurt him at least a little, but regardless it had ended well. He never noticed when ten minutes later there was a loud explosion from the vicinity of the tower, and he never noticed that the same tower burned to the ground that night.

Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:02 am
Stablehand

Never put the book down as the unseen spirit whispered in his ear. What in the nine hells was the newest member of his house thinking? He could already hear the whispers... The Patriarch cannot control his own house, put ME in his place. Risetti is out of control, burn that house to the ground... No, this could not occur. This would not happen. Never rang a silver bell, and a runner appeared, ready to take his message. Never dipped his quill into the article presented, full of special ink, or as others called it, blood.

NIXSYN.

What do you think you will accomplish with open warfare on the street? You will bring attention upon your actions, and more importantly, you will cause trouble for the house. This is unacceptable. As you are well aware, our House is quite lienant in regards to individual members actions, but this House does not tolerate open warfare on the laws of this City. We cannot allow such actions, we cannot participate in such actions. This is your warning.

I do not care what you do in secret, on your time. But know this: House Risetti protects you, but it also calls for you to protect it in return. Do not disgrace this house. Ever. This little stunt could cost us greatly. Did you not think entering a shop in the middle of the day would go unseen? Not to mention the FACT you are in a city of MAGIC! All things are seen! Take precautions before you act. This is the final warning. I cannot allow a loss of face to this house. You are powerful, but you are not a city, or even a house upon yourself. As always, I respect your power and you are indeed a member of this house, but you are also in a city of intrigue.

If you wish to discuss this futher, you may come to my manor or send word. Recall, however, that we answer to the council. I will not be embaressed and called to council over such actions. They watch us ever close due to Millardo's absence. If you need assistance in your endevors, do not hesitate to ask. You are mine until Millardo returns, like it or not.

Your Patriarch
Lord Never Solis

[shadow=red]See that this is delivered[/shadow] The messanger nodded. A demon could find another, as that was his duty. To find, and to deliver. Nothing more, nothing less. How good it was to have a task in life...

Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:14 am
Stablehand

Sitting with his house, ShadowWander fingers turn the page of one the latest books he had acquired. He was forever looking for books of interest to him. He took pride in the library he had collected so far, and the hunt continues.

A knock at the door, stirred his attention from the matter at hand. But his servants knew he was not to be disturbed at this time. His eyes glanced at the door, as a paper was slid under the door. With a wave He drew the paper to him, opening it, began to read.

An eyebrow arched upon his brow, as he read on. Then a slight grin. Folding the paper setting it aside, ShadowWander thought to himself

Hmmmm my.. my.. my.. What a supprising incident. One of this House that dislikes magic. What a most chaotic and interesting turn of events. This will be most interesting to see what may come of this. Another chess piece enters on to the board.

Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:19 am
Stablehand

Nixsyn recieved the missive in his chambers and laughed aloud when he finally reached the end, then he penned his own resopnse to the letter.

Neve,

You overstep, what lies within your right to control, what you are forgetting is the fact that not everyone uses magic, not every peasant in this desert loves and embraces magic. There are certain areas of this city that fall under my own control. I have not harmed you or your people, do not forget that it is my duty to punish or reward the peasants given to my care as I see fit. While my loyalty is to the house Risetti however what I do in my demense to my people is clearly my choice, and this area will be refuge to those persecuted and diminished by magic, they will come to me and I will offer them a safe haven from its evils. We cannot turn out from the entire land those who do not follow your path. There must be a place for them to go and still remain TIAVAIN, so they come to me.

I will take all those people and I will build an army with which to protect the houses, I will lead those armies to victory or I will die fighting in the same field as they. While I can freely admit that I need the Risetti House, you are failing to admit that you also in turn need me and more importantly you need someone who thinks differently then everyone else. Stop for a minute and consider the full implications of what I have said and of what I have to offer.

I will continue to clense the domain under my control as I see fit, however, I will not exceed my own boundries and try to affect the peasants under the control of anyone else nor will I presume to tell you how to rule your own people. And I will continue to accept all the cast offs and magically unadept people who do not fit within the houses, who knows perhaps someday a new house will rise and have equal say with the greater houses

While you act and talk like the leader of the house I am also given to understand that your appointment as such is only until the person usually filling that roll returns. Please do not presume his return is the only thing that can remove you from your position, I cannot believe that there has never been leaders removed through war within our house. You are not untouchable in your position and I am not the only person to think that you are meddling into affairs not entirely of your concern.

Should you choose to convene a meeting of our house to discuss my policies and actions I would be more then willing to attend, and repeat my opinions to you in person. All areas under my control will continue to be ruled as I see fit until such a time as I am deemed unfit and cast out of TIAVAIN entirely.

Should you reject entirely everything that I have said then I believe it best for each of us to begin marshalling our troups and gathering our allies, for I do intend to defend my choices to the death.

Nixsyn

With that Nixsyn summoned a messenger to deliver his response

Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:00 am
Stablehand

Never tossed the message aside, and penned a final one. Next, there would be a meeting, or worse...

Nixsyn,

You do not realize what you do not know. There is a special police force in this city called the Nim'Ostas. You cannot stand against them. The first message was a warning to be more discrete, this second one carries a warning from me as well. Do not mistake my power for something temporary. In this city we do not war in the streets. The armies are the city's alone, though we may all have our small personal guard. Here you may have a piece of the city, but House Risetti controls this area.

I do not care what you do, but I do care if you openly bring down the wrath of the council upon yourself. You are mine, you are House Risetti. A strong warrior, and I know your strength. However, the art of deception would serve you well also. Now, if you would come to the new Risetti manor, my manor, we could discuss this further. Do not brush aside my assistance, or my authority. We are both House Risetti. Come to me tomorrow. And do not wander, the grounds are not safe due to the attempts of others to breech the walls of my estate. Come Tonight, and we shall converse.

Patriarch Never Solis

Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:56 am
Stablehand

He padded through the night sniffing the ground for the scent of his prey, walking silently through the shadows no one saw the beast. The scent of his prey was strong and laced with fear, he was moving quickly but confident in his belief that he would be safe here. The wolf had tracked for almost an entire day until finally he had come home to the man's lair. The reek of magic filled the lupine nostrils, to the point it was almost painful, but he was commited now and he would make the kill. The hunters instincts clouded his mind so that he was not necessarily reasoning as well as he should have been, and it was too late that the wolf realized that the whole situation was a trap.

Only a day earlier he had killed the wizards apprentice in broad daylight, entered his shop and slain him with his sword. This mage was however more careful and had taken precautions so as to not be caught unaware. As the wolf entered the main courtyard an alarm bell began to ring, guards stirred to action and began searching the grounds. But they were looking for a man carrying a great two handed sword and not a wolf.

The first pair of guards to see him slink across the courtyard called out to him, he could hear the relief in their voices that they had found the source of the alarm and it was not a man. They thought themselves safe for at least a little while longer and let themselves relax. The first guard held out a piece of jerky and called out to him.

Oi What a cute lil doggie. come oer here ole rover I gots a lil treat for you

The second guard was however a little more cautious.

Thats a pretty large dog are you sure thats such a good idea, I cant say as I've ever seen one quite so big in the desert sands.

Nixsyn continued forward, muscles aching to pounce as he neared the two, suddenly as he came fully into the light they realized too late that something was amiss. The wolf leadped up at the guard with the jerky, teeth closing in on his neck, and tearing out the side, he dropped with a hollow thud. The second guard drew his blade helplessly, in the time it took the sword to clear its scabbard the man lay dead on the ground. Guards began to converge on the comotion but the wolf with his superior senses easily eluded them, and moved forward towards his target.

As he neared the main house the wolf smelled it just before it came, hitting him full in the chest and knocking him back twenty feet, the fireball hit with a great whooshing sound. For a minute he was too stunned to react, the wolf surrendered its control to the man.

He stood slowly eyeing the mage carefully, he could hear the wolf in his mind begging for revenge, encourageing him to strike quickly, and he could feel the demon fighting him for control. As he drew the great black blade, the mage looked astonished he had poured a great deal of power into the attack and had thought no one could survive the blast.

Mage I have searched long and hard for you and finally I have found you. I have tracked you across many miles of sand to make you account for the atrocities you have used your magic to commit. Far too long have you been allowed to practice your evil in these lands. You have lied and killed all to what purpose wizard I will know before I kill you.

My reasons are my own you cannot... dare not touch me. The very laws of the land protect me from such as you.

Did you not learn from the shade of your apprentice that I care not... my own quest for vengence will be satasfied at the cost of anything else it takes. I will stop every wizard in the land from using magic to taint the souls of others. I have heard of your twisted creations, I have heard how you have altered the very souls of men to turn them to your own purposes. If you will not tell me why then tell me who taught you this evil trade, who apprenticed you wizard.

I will not share such information with the likes of you

As he uttered the last word a mighty battle ensued. The two men fought with every ounce of every resource they could access. Nixsyn gave in to the demon and let him fight the wizard, and the wizard sacrificed every ounce of mana and eventually turned to his own blood as a last source of power for his spells. The guards and the house staff all retreated into the night, In the end all that remained of the estate was a smouldering ruin.

It took everything he had within himself to not fall to the ground beside the dead mage, he could no longer hear the voice of the wolf or the demon in his head, just the dull thud of what was looking like it would be a whopper of a head ache. He was battered and bloody, but not beaten, never beaten... This mage had more power at his disposal than he should have been able to access, proof again that he served the dark master. But he had not given the name that Nixsyn required.

Nixsyn built a small pyre around the body and lit it, he would stay until it had burned completely to ash. As he closed his eyes and listened to the crackle of the flames he could feel his reserves of strength beginning to rebuild themselves, and he was bolstered by the fact that he had done a good thing, that he had saved countless lives this night.

Wizard even death cannot save you from me give me the name that I require

Eltharion...

Nixsyn never heard the question but he heard the answer resound in his mind, astonished he opened his eyes and much to his surprise his sword was in his hand. He could see that his task here was done now that the fire hud burned out and the body was now completely consumed, and somehow he had gleaned the name he needed to move on.

Somewhere in the city would be a mage named Eltharion and he would be next, but first The last of th4e lycan needed time to sleep and recover, even though the worst of his wounds were now almost completely healed

Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:27 pm
Stablehand

Sitting all alone securely within his chambers Nixsyn balled up the latest missive from Neve and tossed it into the fireplace a suitable place for such trash. Nixsyn pondered for afew minutes more over how he might reply. It was hardly worth his time, but he would be expected to give some reply, he owed at least a sembliance of respect for this interim house leader.

Neve

You seem to desperately want meddle in my affairs perhaps you find your own affairs hollow and without fulfillment? Without knowing the full motivation behind my actions, and without making any effort to further educate yourself in this matter you cannot even claim to have the right to pass judgement on me or my actions. You have never once come to me and introduced yourself you just sit in your chair at your desk and send these missives to me telling me what I can and what I cannot do. Well then if that is the way we play this game in the house Risetti then I apologise for having done this incorrectly from the start and I will in the future endeavour to correct my actions and play this fools game with you

First off I denounce you and any authority you seem to believe that you have over me, I will not follow any order or command that comes or originates from you. I do not believe that you have the capacity to rule an entire house if this is the manner in which you choose to exert yourself. For the time beming my loyalties shall remain with the house Risetti and while I will not follow your orders, any that come from above you shall be followed and respected as is due. I will not be either a puppet who dances to your will and whimsey now will I be a dog to blindly follow where you lead.

Now let me address some of the concerns that you have revealed to me: You will bring attention upon your actions, and more importantly, you will cause trouble for the house, This little stunt could cost us greatly. My actions are my own and you have clearly stated that the house Risetti does not support me so what trouble could I cause said house. Take precautions before you act, you are also in a city of intrigue. If this is a city of magic and intrigue then whatever precautions I take are moot, I am neither a mage or a thief, I am a warrior, and I do not keep my actions hidden in the shadows, I boldly stand tall in the face of all adversity. House Risetti protects you, but it also calls for you to protect it in return. Do not disgrace this house. Ever. My armies stand ready to protect Tiavain first and the house Risetti second. House Risetti has not been asked to come to my aid nor have I caused any damage to the house or its loyal followers. Here you may have a piece of the city, but House Risetti controls this area. Any estates under my cntrol are just that they answer to me and I answer to the council. The armies are the city's alone, though we may all have our small personal guard. You will find that I have enlisted enough of my people to have a large standing army. There is a special police force in this city called the Nim'Ostas, You cannot stand against them. While it is not my intent to stand against them, that yet remains to be seen.

Now so as not to seem to react only negativly to your letters there were afew parts that I really enjoyed reading: You do not realize what you do not know. I loved this, are you then telling me that you do realize what you do not know? I find that hard to belive since you would then realize it. I will not be embaressed and called to council over such actions. Are you then saying you would be embarassed to be called to council? If the council is unhappy with my actions let them call me to be accountable. This is your warning, This is your final warning. I really liked that I dont know why it just stood out as being quite unremarkable.

While I may not hold the power or the influence required to cast you down and free others from your tyranical dominion rest assurred I absolutely would do so if the oppertunity were to arise. I have not the minions or perhaps the followers that you do but I do have large amounts of troups and guards that are wholly loyal to me and me only, and while we may be prevented from open warfare in the streets, you can be certain that should you come anywhere near my estates that they have orders to not allow you in until you are disarmed and chained like a dog. Should you refuse to submit they have orders to do anything and everything in their power to kill you even should that include destroying the entire estate in the process.

From here forward you will treat me with the respect that I deserve and have earned through more centuries of war then you have even lived. If you would continue this discussion then you are welcome to attend me at my leisure in my estates

-Nixsyn

Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:33 pm
Stablehand

So be it. I tried to be reasonable, but you wish it different. From here on out, you are but Risetti in name only. You are warned. If I hear about your little abuses any more, you will be chained like the dog you are, and you will wish for your own demise. I offered you solice and understanding, and you spit in my face. So be it. Continue on your foolish path and you will find the respect I owe you as I take your very soul from your body. You have just created an enemy where there was none, and lost the protection of this house. You will not follow my orders? Fool, I am Risetti. You tink yourself safe behind guards. You have much to learn. But do not worry, you will never be allowed to leave this house. You may in fact remain as a fixture.

Patriarch Never Solis

Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:46 pm
Stablehand

Post A Casualty of Causality
Burnt husks of parchment crumbled to dust as the intruders cane prodded them. The wreckage of the house was fairly complete now, and it's late-come visitor stalked through it in wary silence. Not that she had been a friend of the unfortunate sorceror, but she had known him. The violent assassination of his apprentice, and his own failed ambush bothered her some.

The rumourmongers raved about it. Everything from a misfired summoning to a werewolf attack, and a few even fingered the lord of the land as the source of the damage. The witch wasn't sure who to believe, although there certainly seemed to be an abundance of evidence that the aforementioned lord was no friend of magicians.

If that were the case and those rumours true, then certainly none were safe who traveled within the confines of the city. No matter how low they lay.

She turned, and departed the wreckage in thought and headed out of the city into the trees. If she knew her wizard's like she thought she did, Eltharion would be next. Moving from apprentice to master, it was in Saelynn's favour that this serial killer followed the most linear approach available. It left her out of that particular chain of carnage. That probably wouldn't last.

The makeshift cabin awaited her approach in the gathering darkness of the woods. She entered, and lit a few candles with help from a tinderbox. Flickering light filled the room, and she took a seat in a reasonably comfortable chair next to a low table. From that table, she withdrew a thin, worn old book and a pair of thin spectacles.

It was going to be another restless time of life.
[center]~~~~~
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep...

~Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening.[/center]

Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:05 pm
Stablehand

He sat in his chambers alone with only the darkness for comfort, and pondered the name for many hours... Eltharion... Where had the name come from, how had he gleaned such knowledge. The mage had vowed even as he was dying to take the name to his grave and as Nixsyn drove his sword through him right up to the hilt, so he had. While he was not a mage himself Nixsyn doubted greatly that the "Flames of Justice" had revealed the mage's secret to him.

I cannot speak to the dead, I know that to be true, never in all my years have I been able to do so, but I have known others who could and this is a city of magic perhaps I have recieved help from some of its denizens. On the other hand it is possible that I have simply imagined it and this Eltharion does not in actuality exist, rather it is a creation of my own imagination, set before me to try and satasfy this rage. The path I must travel is clear I must seek out this wizard if I am to learn the truth, however if this Eltharion is truley the disciple of the one that I seek then I must first find ways to further weaken him before our confrontation. More of his apprentices must Die, and I must find them before he learns of me.

There was a knocking at the chamber doors, odd since he had left strict instructions to not be interupted until morning at the least, Nixsyn walked over to the great double doors and as he opened them was hit face first by the bright rays of the afternon desert sun. More time had elapsed then he had realized.

Come. what is it

My lord we have found more of the victims this morning in a nearby abandoned mannor house, and thought it important that they be brought immediatly to you for examination. His power is growing faster then we thought possible, he is getting closer to success in his creations. If he is allowed to contine creating these

Bring them in one at a time and I will look them over and see for myself what progress he has made

The first girl they brought in could not have been any older then twelve years, upon first inspection she appeared to be just like any other girl of the same age until she the guards had her open her mouth. Her jaw was crammed full of extra teeth, by the look of it she had at least a dozen extras that had forcefully pushed their way in, four of them were quite obviously fangs, similar to that of a wolf. The girl would never talk properly or eat solid food as her jaw would not ever open or close properly anymore.

The second child they brought in had to be carried by the guards, he no longer had a childs arms and legs they were a hideous mixture of man and wolf and all the bones inside were not merely broken but shattered. He would not live a week like that. The pain reflected in the boys eyes was very clear.

For over an hour the procession proceeded each of the twenty children presented to Nixsyn had been mutated in some way by MAGIC, one had the snout of a wolf another had fur covering the entirety of his body, the list went on. At the end of it all Nixsyn ordered the children all killed, quickly and painlessly, then their bodies burned in a funeral pyre. Their lives were over for any that could have managed to survive somehow on their own their lives would have been very difficult and full of torment.

In this case death will be the greatest mercy we can grant these souls, but I swear that death will hold no mercy for the person responsible for these atrocities. I wll spend all of my life and all of my resources necessary to find him, and then I shall show him what a true Lycan is and what we can do.

Tonight I will leave the mannor and find another of this Eltharion's apprentices, I am certain there will be a trail I can track from the house. Have the guards burn that mannor house to the ground after I leave it, and my wish is that an orphanage be built on its ruins. You know where to get the money for it, and I expect that this will no be traced back to me.

As you wish my lord so will it be done.

Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:28 pm
Stablehand

Later that night the sky had clouded over and the wolf left its lair, passing by the night guard with ease. It continued on in silence keeping to the shadows till he came to an abandoned mannor house, there were more guards here beggining their preperations to burn this building to the ground. The wolf padded silently around the house trying to catch the scent of anyone who would have come and gone from here regularily as well as recently. There were several scents both comming and going to track finally the wolf seemed to find one that suited him, or rather the one that he had been looking for.

The tracked it carefully for several blocks without incident, the trail stayed mainly to the empty dark sidestreets and there was no one to see him stop every few meters to sniff at the ground again, but hunting mages even for one of the lycan is never easy. Finally the trail ended at a tavern, curious the wolf walked around the entire perimeter of the building and found nothing, he would have to enter the building.

The wolf moved around to the front of the tavern waiting in the shadows for a patron to either enter or leave, after almost an hour of waiting finally someone exited the building. Moving quickly the wolf bolted for the door making his way into the smoke filled room without being noticed. Dropping low to the ground and trying desperatly to stay out of sight the wolf moved from table to table trying to pick up the scent again. For an instant he thought he had been discovered when one patron tossed a huge steak bone under the table to him and ruffled his ears. For a minute he stood poised to take the mans hands off at the wrist but then he realized that the man obviously thought him a dog belonging to someone else here.

After making his way around the room he fond the scent leading up into the rooms above. He would not be able to continue this hunt in his wolf form, he would need to find a place to change without notice and began once again to make his way towards the entrance, and out into the street.

Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:52 pm
Stablehand

Post A Brush With Wolf
The Lycan was not alone in the darkness that night, nor solitary in his search for somewhere unrevealing. Saelynn had her own errands to run, on the passing of the day, and her footsteps carried her for the briefest moment across the hunter's path. She did not see him though, or if she did she did not take notice. After all, for the sorcery that she might command she was still human. A lone canine in a dark alley is not cause for concern, unless it decides one is suitable dinner.

She was weaving a dissembling spell, of a sort, and spun it tighter as she passed Nixsyn going towards the tavern he had just left. The words were a thin trickle from her mouth, a soft babble unheard to all but the most attentive ears. The desired effect was that those had no great reason to see her couldn't see her at all. After all...they had no prior need to. It saved a great deal on talking to strangers, or the naturally suspicious...
[center]~~~~~
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep...

~Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening.[/center]

Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:47 am
Stablehand

The wolf huddled down tightly against the outside wall of the building, completely concealing himself in the dark shadows there, as the human passed by. He tested the smell in the air carefully without moving and realized that this was not the human he was currently hunting. Still he waited watching intently as the human began to cast a spell, with the senses of a wolf Nixsyn could hear each word clearly and although he knew it was magic he did not know to what purpose. He continued to watch as the person shimmered as if to blink out of existance, and then dissapeared entirely from sight. He sniffed the air again curiously he could still smell the man but could not quite see him. All his lupine senses knew that the man was there but it was almost as if his eyes had betrayed him and had decided not to see the wizard.

It took only a brief few secods once the alley was completely abandoned for Nixsyn to revert back to his human form, only the cracking of bones gave any indication that anything was amiss in the alley. Soon a man stood where once there had been a wolf, bending down he looked at his reflection in a puddle and realized that he would stand out in the tavern. Bending down he smeared a bit of dirt all over himself and his clothes, at least that would help conceal his identity a bit. What he failed to notice was the giant black two handed blade shimmer and dissapear from sight, quite like the mage who had previously passed this way.

Curiously strange a mage hiding himeself from sight so as to move about other people in a place of meeting and revelry, I cannot believe that this bodes well for my hunt.

Nixsyn continued into the tavern following the invisible mages path from the alley way. As he entered none of the other patrons paid him any heed except remarkably the man who had tossed him a steakbone earlier, who tipped his hat and winked at Nixsyn as he entered. There was a table beside the door and on it a sign saying check your weapons, on it lay several short swords and a hand full of daggers stuck into the table top. Nixsyn looked disdainfully at it for a second and then reached for his sword, much to his surprise it was not there. He could feel the weight of the blade and feel it press against his back, but reasoned that if he could not see it neither then could anyone else here

Nixsyn looked around the room for the wizard from the alley but at a casual glance did not see him, if he was here then he would still be invisible, however his scent was not in the immediate vicinity. He turned and began to make his way through the room towards the stairs, He was half way there across the room when his insticts warned him. Something was wrong, the smell in the room was wrong, the people, the whole thing just did not feel right.

Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:23 pm
Stablehand

And so it was that one of the house set out on his own, blinded by delusions of his own grandure. Indeed, his actions were quite clear, but his motives were still his own. Did he think himself above the Law? Did he truely think himself a house within himself? Never sat back, in contimplation. An offer of assistance met with scorn. This would not do. No, House Risetti was his, and he would brook no insults, especially threats to his power.

Matrum Never called to his scribe.

The scribe looked up from the tome he had been recopying for his master.Sire?

Draw up an anonomous message to the captain of the watch. Inform him a werewolf stalks the street, and is the monster behind the resent slayings. Inform him that it stalks the city still, and must be stopped. Enclose a description of the beast, and a letter of concern from several different people. Have one of the minor officals in our pocket deliver it, and press the issue.

[i]The scribe nodded, stood, and began to leave the room.
As you wish, Patriarch.

And Matrum, do make it untraceable. The scribe bowed, and departed the room. That should keep the rebel occupied. The idea of someone honestly believing themselves above their Patriarch was not only revolting, it was clearly false. He did not have the power to hold on to his assets? They would see very soon where the power of Risetti lies.

Darvas. His star apprentace stepped from the shadows. Send out my Reverents. I want a wolf pelt adorning the floor of my study as soon as possible. And allow them to take... Liberties. The Apperentace bowed, practically running to the cells below the manor. Reverents... He shruddered. He hated dealing with those. The were zombies, but stronger and faster. And evil. Extremely evil. Their claws were poison, and they were intelligent. Everyone fears Reverents. The Patriarch was loosing something on the Black section of the city that would no doubt take liberties and kill citizens. More deaths to blame on the werewolf, Darvas thought. He could not see the Patriarch's motivations, but he thanked the Dark Dwellers that he was not the focus of his master's fury.

Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:41 pm
Stablehand

It is rumored that Darden was the one who created the first and all of the lycan, this I know to be a true fact because I knew te first. He was the grey wolf, the leader of the pack, in our time of glory I fought beside him, bled with him and killed with him. In the course of time I even watched him die. No loss since then has hurt me so deeply. I was master of the hunt and it was my duty to protect him but I failed. I lived and now I am the last.

Those same rumors also say that it was Darden who first sent the hunters after the lycan, this is also true. The pack tthat he created fought and killed with great ferocity, he did not realize what he had created until it was too late, the pack did not know anything of allies or enemies when the blood rage came over them. They knew only they prey, their kind was the hunter and any mortal in their path the prey.

I have not lived this long without knowing more anbout the hunt then my prey, but likewise it is important to know when you are overmatched and have indeed become the prey. If you are to survive being hunted as long as I have your instincts become a finely tuned weapon, and you know when you are being hunted. You learn to divide and conquour and you use whatever tricks you have at your disposal.

In that first instant when I knew that something was wrong, I panicked for just a second, and then my senses came back to me. All my trainging and all my experience came back in a rush that forced me to stop thinking and react. These hunters had not the skill to defeat me, their hearts were in the right place but they had not the skill.

Nixsyn looked around the room and counted twenty well armed men rising from their seats and drawing their weapons in unison. Twenty men with silver weapons. These men knew their jobs well thy had at least learned enough about him to believe they had found his weakness. But it was the demon inside him they had not learned of, he was part lycan part demon and all hunter. The demon gave him limited protection to the silver, they would have to find another weapon to use

As he drew it from his back the two handed black blade became visible again and lit up in red flames, the number thirteen standing out through the rest of the flame. There would soon be twenty dead bodies here.

I do not wish to kill all of you here this night, leave and I will spare your lives.

Nixsyn heard the bolt on the door slid into place behind him

Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:25 pm
Stablehand

House Risetti stood before C'ink. Even in the bright desert sun, it found shade beside the black monolith.

He was dressed in a tan leather cloak and a large hat that cast a shadow over his whole upper body. The only noticeable feature was his taloned feet, which could be seen when he took a step and his toes poked through the bottom of the cloak.

C'ink examined the outer compound as he circled the perimiter of the Risetti estate. After searching for half an hour, he found what he sought, a flaw in the perimiter security that would allow him undetected entry into the property. He took one last look around to see if there was anyone around, but this side of House Risetti seemed relatively vacant. Quickly dropping his cloak off his shoulders, C'ink leapt to the top of the tall fence, just barely reaching the top rail, then flung himself over, losing the hat in the process.

C'ink didn't know what kind of defenses Risetti had on their grounds, but he had no intention of hanging out long enough to find out. He knew mages well enough to know just how protective they can be.

As quickly as he could manage, C'ink darted toward the wall he had deduced to be the lord's study. Several stories up maybe, but still the same wall.

Upon reaching the wall, C'ink wondered if maybe he was being watched and expected, since nothing had come out to attack him along the way. Deciding not to look a gift horse in the mouth, he took another second to look around again and then dug his talonned hand into the wall.

C'ink climbed the wall quickly and gracefully. Resembling very much a gecko, except big, red, and holding on with claws instead of sticky fingers. He searched each window along his route upward, and soon found the one he sought. Inside was the self-appointed leader of House Risetti, Never Solis.

Taking a crouching position at the base of the window, C'ink whipped his long tail to announce his presense.

"Lord Never Solis? I hear you have rabid mutt that needs to be put to sleep." C'ink's voice was cold and raspy, not entirely evil, but still much farther from good.

Jumping from the window he dug his talons into the ceiling and crawled around in a circle above Never.

"I have been following him, you see. Since he first met with the witch, Dovanucci in Tismad. If he still holds connections with her, then perhaps his presence with you is merely a distraction. Not that he hasnt been distracting you enough recently. I trust, however, that you knew all this, and have already taken measures against him."

Ceasing his circling motion, C'ink dropped from the ceiling to stand on the floor directly in front of Never, whipping his tail again as he straightened himself. He stood on his toes alone, heels up and knees bent. His posture resembled more that of an animal than a man. Then again, he was indeed a very small part man.

"Forgive my rudeness, lord. You may call me C'ink. I am on assignment from my master. I merely wanted to talk to you about combining our efforts in capturing our prey. You should know that one such as him is not accustommed to being prey, and would be more fierce than ever if cornered. Do not be too surprised if the hunters you send for him fail."

Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:56 am
Stablehand

Eltharion... that name taunted him in his dreams, calling out and daring him to come. He had sworn to end the life of the mage. He had tracked another of the mages apprentices to this tavern, and had found a large contingent of soldiers waiting for him. A large continginet of well armed and well trained soldiers at that.

There are times in life when a man has to give into the more base insticts of his character, times when you just have to let go and lose control. This was one of those times. Nixsyn had fought battles of will desperatly to maintian his control over the wolf inside him. Those battles were often long and required great effort, there were however some few times where he had called upon the wolf to come to his aid. A couple of days ago in his battle with the mage Nixsyn had willingly given in to the to the demon and allowed him to come to the surface and takecontrol, not since he had last fought along side the pack had he allowed himself to do that, and the results had been severe, an entire estate was destroyed. For some reason it had been very gratifying. But never before had Nixsyn called to the demon and asked him to come forward to take control, he had always been too afraid of what it would do.

Nixsyn turned around taking measure of the room there were simply too many of them here and his time was growing short. He had to find Eltharion's apprentice before he was able to dissapear into the cities underground. Inside he began calling to the demon willing him to come fourth, he knew for fact that he would not be able to control it when it came but he was quickly running out of options. Someone was trying to kill him, in truth someone was trying very hard to kill him, and they could not be allowed to succeed whatever the cost. The demon answered with a deafening roar in his mind surging to the top of his conciousness and tossing his own control off to the side like it was nothing.

To the men watching Nixsyn there were afew visable changes as the Demon took its hold. Nixsyn's eyes were normally yellow and they had been ever since he was turned into one of the lycan, now they turned blood red. The flame running down the length of the blade turned black and enveloped his entire person. Lastly he began to smile with an evil grin at the prospect of killing these guards he would enjoy every drop of blood spilled.

The fight did not, could not last very long, although to many of the men it seemed to last far too long. The demon took his time while killing each man, incapacitating those he could and returning to them one at a time to dismember them slowly while they still lived. Their screams echoed unanswered far into the night.

Nixsyn's conciousness fought the demon to regain its hold, fought desperatly to try and stop the demon from its rampage but could not gain a foothold from which to stand upon. The demon would reign unchecked until he chose to give up control.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:22 pm
Stablehand

The demon while not a seperate entity from Nixsyn was much like the wolf, a seperate part of the same entity. A conciousness with its own personality, thoughts and its own motivations. In addition to sharing one single body the triad also shared memories to some degree they think at least along the same lines. The Demon however cared nothing for humans or their petty lives, he cared for absolutely nothing beyond his own survival, and so would not be pushed back into the subconcious of Nixsyn.

Not everything is as it seems however, because there is a fourth entity in this story. A fourth entity more powerful then all three of Nixsyn's pieces put together. Gleaming black, and almost as tall as a man itself is a great two handed blade, given to Nixsyn by the same people who created the demon and twisted its life and fate into one with Nixsyn. While the sword never had any hold over the wolf, part of the reason for its creation was to control the demon, and if need be to repress its conciousness from even taking complete control.

Nixsyn came back to himself standing in the common room of the same bar he had previously been in, all twenty of the guards lay dead on the floor and he was covered from head to toe in blood, some of it his own. He hurt all over, every muscle and cut on his body ached. The silver weapons had been a good tactic to use but not good enough this time, perhaps the next time he would not be so lucky. Upon looking around Nixsyn realized most of the bodies had been slowly dismembered, the grimace and twisting of their facial features led him to believe that they had been alive while being cut up. Some had taken very long to die indeed.

There was no one alive in sight and he had come for a specific reason he ad come to track Eltharions's second apprentice, he must have known through some divination that Nixsyn was comming this night and taken steps to ensure his own safety. Who else would have hired guards to try and kill him who would have known to arm those guards with silver... Never? would he go so far as to have guards hunt him, doubtful, their conflict was a personal one, and had not attained such heights as that. Or had it?

Had it come to that? Did Never want a war? Did he think Nixsyn would not be willing to engage in open warfare in the streets. Pehaps it was time to find out.

Nixsyn begrudgingly decided that this Eltharion might have to wait, he needed time to find out who was trying to kill him, and if it was Eltharion then perhaps he would be able to circumvent some of the traps the mage had lain for him. He had wounds that needed to be dressed, he could feel several pieces of silver burning in his body, those would have to be removed before he could fight at his best, or even think of changing into the wolf again. He would not allow the demon free reign anytime soon, the memories of what it had done to those people would haunt his dreams for years to come. Not since the pack had hunted together hundreds strong had he even seen such carnage.

Nixsyn stripped himself of most of his clothes and tried to find something that would get him through the streets without drawing too much attention to himself, he would retire to his estate to make new plans, perhaps a less direct approach would be needed, but first he needed to get to the relative safety of his home.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:37 pm
Stablehand

Bathasar had already drew a rather large, wicked looking double bladed axe before the intruder penitrated the manor house. The giant, black clad individual was standing to the side of his master, very still. Never Solis closed the book he had been reading, and looked up, toward the intruder. He had felt the demon before it had entered the manor proper. There was more then meets the eye on the Solis Manor. But Never had allowed the intruder to enter his house. It was quite refreshing to have someone penetrate the interior, and the other beings that walked the grounds had allowed the beast enterence. Even Bathasar had been alerted.

Never touched the staff that layed beside him, and calmly looked up to answer the deamon. Quite brave of you to enter this place, most of your kind do not come willingly. Those that do, want something, as I see from your presence. You can assist me? Truely? How very thoughtful ideed. If I wanted someone dead, they would be dead. But then, you interest me, as do those you serve, so I will be fair. You follow him, and I assume you have assistance. The individuals I sent for him most likely will fail, that I do not doubt. He is a small matter, I do not waste my time with small matters. But he does things in this city, my city, without my consent. That is unacceptable, and therefore, I will give you and your master liscense to destroy this wolf. If you see the individuals after him, I would run. Good day Good C'ink. Unless you have any suggestions or additions?

Never opened the book he had been reading previously, reaching for a cup of tea that was sitting on a stand close to him. Bathasar did not move, and it was quite apperent that the small, pale man reading the ancient tome was far more dangerous then the giant holding the axe. Evil seeped from Never's very core, and his features and mannerisms were well practiced, but emotionless. His emotions were gone, he was fearless. He was a Necormancer and a Demonologist, he was Patriarch.

Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:51 pm
Stablehand

Never's response was less than what C'ink had expected. He had hoped that they would take the threat of Nixsyn a bit more seriously. But apparently the wolf hadnt caused enough trouble for them yet.

"Very well then, my lord. I apologize for my intrusion." said C'ink while taking a parting bow. "I appreciate your advice. I will leave now."

C'ink walked casually past Never's giant, approached the window from which he had entered and climbed onto the edge. Turning once again before leaving, he reached under the brass bracer he wore on his left arm and pulled out a plain brass ring. He flicked it at Never and watched it land directly in his cup of tea.

"In case you change your mind about my help."

Without hesitation, C'ink jumped backwards from the window and dropped a few stories to the ground. Had he been a human, he might've been crushed by the fall. Being whatever manner of creature he was however, he was able to bear the impact and continue dashing away from the compound before Never decided he didnt need C'ink and sicked whatever wicked beasts he has protecting the house.

Upon reaching the fence, C'ink picked up his hat that had fallen off nearby, then took a running jump and cleared the fence without needing to grab and climb this time. Upon landing outside the Risetti Estate again, he picked up his cloak and covered himself. Once again, he was just traveller in Tiavain who chose to hide his face, like so many others do.

----------------------------------------------------------------

After walking for a few minutes, C'ink heard many screams of agony and loud demonic roars. The sound of metal striking flesh and wood, and the sound of bones being broken and torn. The noise was coming from a small tavern in the black area. C'ink followed the noise, but it had died down to one last scream by the time he found the place.

C'ink peered through the windows and was pleased to see Nixsyn. Pleased because it seemed he was injured in whatever mess he'd just caused. He was removing his bloody clothing and seemed to be searching for something else to wear. Apparently he had been too distracted to notice his approach, but C'ink knew he wouldnt be able to sneak up on him no matter how distracted Nixsyn was. Instead he made his way to the door of the tavern, deciding that given Nixsyn's injured state, a direct approach would be more adequate.

The door opened slowly, letting the hinges whine and squeek in the silent night air. A breeze blew the door open quickly the rest of the way and it slammed loudly against the wall.

Stepping into the dim light of the bar C'ink cast his hat aside and let his cloak drop to his feet. He was now in full view of Nixsyn as he exposed his sharp talons.

"I've come for you, hound."

Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:31 am
Stablehand

Nixsyn turned his full attention towards the door as it opened slowly, but did not immediately recognize the man who stood behind it. As he exposed vicious looking talons it did not matter who the stranger was, Nixsyn understood perfectly. This was another enemy, this night's hunt had not come to an end as he had thought, the soldiers were just a distraction to lull him into this very position. He was tired, the demon had sapped his enegy greatly, the worst of his wounds were healed over, but there were still several small pieces of silver lodged inside him and they were hurting like hell. The Yellow began to fade from Nixsyn's tired eyes, turning for the second time this evening to a blood red as he fought to keep the demon contained.

He thought back briefly of the night the great hunts ended of the greywolf fighting the hunters of Darden to allowing the rest of the pack to escape. Nixsyn had charged into that battle and they had fought side by side until the greywolf was killed. He was the leader and it was Nixsyn's place as hunt master to fight that battle, should have been Nixsyn's place to die. He thought of the years that followed, how the pack had all been hunted and killed one by one, the hunters never stopped comming, never would stop comming until he was dead. It would not matter if he tried to escape, there was no escaping the hunt once you are named prey, as the thoughts left him a glimmer of recognition came into his eyes.

I have seen you before not so long ago back in the bar, you were hunting me then as well yes you are good at this, better then I first gave you credit for. Well I suppose that I must congratulate you, you have done very well, few would have had the patience to allow the chase to go on so long without themselves making some error or moving in too quickly for the kill. I cannot say that I have seen another that could equal either of our skill on the hunt, since the last of my pack was slain. It is too bad that you chose to be on the wrong side, I do not think there is any prey that could escape us working together.

Tell me before we begin this dance, who sent you why have you come for me? If you manage to defeat me it will not matter but if I am not as easy a prey as you seem to think who then shall I send the pieces back too. I do not recognize you so I could not have slighted you personally so its either for the money or for the gods, are you one of Dardens hunting dogs. Has Never enlisted your help? If you would serve him you are a bigger fool then I would have thought.

Nixsyn paused to sniff at the air, testing the scent of the assassin, there was no fear there but ther was something else, something Nixsyn recognized immediately.

Take a minute and look around very carefully these men died very painful deaths, look at the carnage I have loosed upon this world, do not doubt for a second that I will not hesitate to use every power at my disposal to protect myself. Your scent betrays your alliance with Never, he is not worthy of your service, and beyond a doubt not worth of having you die in his service.

I will offer only but once come and join in my hunt, together we would be unstoppable and could hunt as freely as we choose.

Nixsyn tired and battered reached for his sword, as he touched it the blade lit up in dark blue flames, strengthening his resolve and easing some of the pain and tension from his battered body.

Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:38 pm
Stablehand

The words were not spoken aloud but rather telepathically projected directly to C'ink.

Fool! This is my Human!

You think you can take him away from me? He does my bidding at my call, I will never let you interfere with this humans task. If you choose this path I will drink your precious lifeblood, and feast upon your soul have I got your attention yet? There will be no afterlife, you will not return to your god, you will feed me and my power shall grow even greater.

My human... MINE!

Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:58 pm
Stablehand

IC:

C'ink loosened his stance a bit, seeing that Nixsyn was stalling by choosing to engage in conversation. He congratulated C'ink on his abilities to track him this far from Tismad. And also made several attempts at offering an alliance.

"How typical." C'ink replied in his raspy voice. "The big bad wolf eats every little piggy around. But when one piggy is in a position to hurt him, he tries to negotiate."

C'ink laughed out loud for a second then continued. "Alright then, I'll give you a hint. I have no strings to Darden, and my assistance to House Risetti was declined. The fool Never believes he can handle the likes of you alone. He'll probably come after you himself with that giant bodyguard of his if it comes down to it. I should let you live just to watch him fail first."

Laughin again, C'ink went on. "Besides, why would you want me as an ally if I were really so quick to betray the ones I already had. Face it, dog, we're on opposite sides now and it's unlikely that we'll ever be allies. Perhaps temporary allies if we face a common threat that endangers both of us."

C'ink reestablished his stance as Nixsyn drew his massive black sword. He was also a bit puzzled as he heard a definitively evil voice eminating from the blade. He considered his position carefully, then spoke to Nixsyn again.

"Never spoke of certain individuals that he sent after you. He seemed serious about their efficiency. Now I'm faced with a dilemma, to defeat you myself and return your head to Elth... my master. Or to wait a little longer and see if I can find you in an even more handicapped state, and risk somene else killing you. I doubt my master would really mind, so long as you're gone."

C'ink stepped back slowly out of the tavern, getting his cloak and hat as he left.

"Continue watching your back, Nixsyn, one day you will not have one anymore." C'ink finished as he threw his hat and cloak on and darted quickly out of the vicinity. He knew that Nixsyn would be able to track him if he wanted to, but he also knew that he had more important things to do than follow C'ink around while injured and Never's Reverents out looking for him.

Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:58 pm
Stablehand

What would you do when the darkness shifted? The darkness moved, the stench of rotting corpses filled your nostrals? What would you do when shadows decending upon you, faster then any human, claws as sharp and as vicious as any. Pure poison to the touch. What would you do? Perhaping running would be in order. Perhaps not, if you were a Deamon...

Nixsyn.

They could smell him... The shadows, the moving darkness, the Reverants. They moved outside the building, circling restlessly, in packs of three. How many packs? The darkness held more then two, less than seven. Indeed, how many packs of vicious, intelligent, evil undead circled the tavern full of dead bodies. But what was this? A morsel, a tender bite, someone to inflict the agony of their existance upon. But as quickly as it was there, it was gone. No matter, they had cornered their pray, and the call went out for more packs. So many, so many running this night, the night open, the day closed to them by their master.

Inside, yes, to enter. A pack darted into the building, sniffing about. The rest circled the tavern. They were intelligent, you know. But the group of three darted inside, sniffing about. They could feel their quarry, magic in their blood animating their corpses, their minds trapped. Here they were, downstairs, but he was upstairs. Yes, it is time to do their deed. To collect the reward. Sweet release...

The Reverants darted up the stairs, toward their quarry. Yes, they would be there soon. The wolf was theirs. Their claws flexed, their eyes darted this way and that, yes...

Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:42 pm
Stablehand

Long before he could sense them he could smell them, there was no mistaking that particular scent, as they had the stench of decaying flesh. It took Nixsyn only mere seconds to recognize them for what they were. The undead...

He had long ago formed his hatred the of undead, back when all the pack hunted together they had all forsworn the use of the undead, choosing instead to embrace life, to live it to the fullest and to push its boundaries to the limits, Besides the undead simply did not taste very good. Where's the fun if you cannot play with you your food before you gorge yourself on its flesh and blood?

The assassin's words rang through his mind "Never spoke of certain individuals that he sent after you" and Nixsyn realized that perhaps it was long past time to deal directly with Never, after this situation was dealt with. Eltharion and his servants would have to wait... at least for the time being anyway.

Looking out a window at the street Nixsyn could see the shadows gathering in the darkness and could smell the overwhelming decay, there had to be many of them out there. Nixsyn turned in time to see the first one come at him with its razor sharp claws. Although too many it may seem odd how the undead claw or bite their quarry when they neither have motivation or hunger, but to a wolf who attacks similarly it does not seem that strange and he expected the attack enough to dodge the creature

Several plans came to mind looking again out the window at the creatures several good plans came to mind, as he continued to avoid this creatures attack he wondered what the best course to implementing those plans would be. Caught unaware from behind he could feel one of the creatures claws sink deep into his shoulder.

Nixsyn began to feel light headed, began to see the world swirling before him drawing him into its center, for a minute he almost fell to his knees. Then he felt a second and finally a third set of claws pierce into him. Each attack missed anything vital but still hurt like hell. already weakened from his previous battle, Nixsyn began to fear the worst was coming. It seemed that the last thing he would see was dark red eyes of the creature. The again it was not entirely up to Nixsyn, and the whole tide of the battle changed as his sword reacted to the danger with a concussive antimagic blast. PROTECTION FROM MAGIC. The three creatures disintegrated into ash, as the magic holding them together failed. However being in a city of mages also has many disadvantages that are not always evident at the time when it is most important, and this happened to be one of those times. Just as his vision began to clear Nixsyn felt himself falling, and then landing very with a loud thud as he ungracefully landed in a pile of body parts on the main floor of the inn. Apparently the inn had been built somewhat of magic and did not stand up to the blast.

Still trying to puzzle out what had happened as he stood to regain his bearings Nixsyn saw the second set of three enter the inn, although through bleary vision he guessed it to be three and counted closer to ten. Nixsyn reached over his shoulder for his sword and drew it out, its blade lighting up in red flame. PROTECTION FROM MAGIC. As the first creature neared him it too exploded into a cloud of ash and then another. Puzzled and able to see somewhat better Nixsyn looked Around him again to see that the nearest body to him had left a giant circular pool of blood, and he not only stood in it but he had also landed in it.

He realized then that the claws of the creature must contain some kind of venom, something that could affect such reactions in his body. Of course most everyone knows werewolves are immune to most poisons and although few people know he is a demon, everyone would expect a demon to remain unaffected by poison as well. It was his weakness his human side that made him even react to it. Perhaps more then a little uncertain Nixsyn stood looking at the last creature, as it too questioned the best course of action. Nixsyn looked it directly in the eyes and spoke

Return to your master, thrall and tell him I Nixsyn now hunt for him, Tell him he will not slake the wolf's blood lust for as long as there remains even a drop of blood in his body. Tell him his playthings have failed and now we will go to war. The streets of our beautiful city shall run with blood before I am finished.

As Nixsyn spoke growing even more intense and commanding, his eyes changed from yellow once more to red as he lost his hold once more on the demon, in fact the sword seemed almost to be encouraging the demon to come forward. These last words came out in the infernal tongue and were a command to any undead who could hear them, and consequently also had to understand them. Thinking back later Nixsyn was not even sure what the words meant

Go return to Never. I will have his head.

Nixsyn watched as the Reverant fled weather his daemonic command was understood or the creature came to accept the futility of its attack remained to be seen. The one thing that was clear is that many people were about to die. Many of the innocent, and the guilty alike, and the city would burn.

Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:12 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next