So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Moderator: Staff
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Lucky for me, I had my Mossberg 590A1 combat shotgun at hand.
I grabbed it from the passenger seat of my jeep, flicked the safety(cause an unloaded gun ain't worth shit), and blew them away.
Than I had to google what the fuck to do with them.
And here I am, watching the stove as little Squirrel Nuggets are boiling. With a slightly naseous feeling in my stomach, cause the idea of eating tree rat is kinda... out there with eating, well, rats. As soon as their done boiling, I'm gonna attempt to bread and fry them..or something. Whatever this 'Wild Game' cookbook tells me to do.
The bad news? I fucked up skinning them and the tail came off on both of them. Now I can't make a hat.
The good news? My girlfriend just asked me to bring a piece over for her to try tonight.
Hell, Kimber(my dog) won't even try the parts I threw away.
I. Am. Hill Billy.
I grabbed it from the passenger seat of my jeep, flicked the safety(cause an unloaded gun ain't worth shit), and blew them away.
Than I had to google what the fuck to do with them.
And here I am, watching the stove as little Squirrel Nuggets are boiling. With a slightly naseous feeling in my stomach, cause the idea of eating tree rat is kinda... out there with eating, well, rats. As soon as their done boiling, I'm gonna attempt to bread and fry them..or something. Whatever this 'Wild Game' cookbook tells me to do.
The bad news? I fucked up skinning them and the tail came off on both of them. Now I can't make a hat.
The good news? My girlfriend just asked me to bring a piece over for her to try tonight.
Hell, Kimber(my dog) won't even try the parts I threw away.
I. Am. Hill Billy.
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Oh c'mon city boy!
Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!
Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
You ain't gots to squeal unless you wanna.
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
I have this funny improve scene playing through my mind, on seeing Gerien in the mountains with Atla sitting around a camp fire cleaning guns in a combat colored feather boa.
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Thats not a skit.
I'm pretty sure my last trip through Carolina I looked up yonder on them thar mountain and saw that very sight. I almost got a picture when he escaped down the crick and into the wilds beyond.
I'm pretty sure my last trip through Carolina I looked up yonder on them thar mountain and saw that very sight. I almost got a picture when he escaped down the crick and into the wilds beyond.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
ROTFLMGDAOSturm wrote:I have this funny improve scene playing through my mind, on seeing Gerien in the mountains with Atla sitting around a camp fire cleaning guns in a combat colored feather boa.
And Atla - start practicing your pig impressions.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Atla wrote:Oh c'mon city boy!
Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!
Duelling banjos ala Deliverance, right?
Ahoy! And other nautical expressions!
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Whoa there hoss!Gerien wrote:And Atla - start practicing your pig impressions.
I'm a giver not a receiver...the pitcher not the catcher!
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
the next line should be 'squeal like a pig'Atla wrote:Oh c'mon city boy!
Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Atla wrote:Whoa there hoss!Gerien wrote:And Atla - start practicing your pig impressions.
I'm a giver not a receiver...the pitcher not the catcher!
So?
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
I had a squrriel jump from behind the car next to me after I got to work today.
First thought was of Atla and a shotgun, it made me laugh.
Second thought was I wish I had a shotgun.
First thought was of Atla and a shotgun, it made me laugh.
Second thought was I wish I had a shotgun.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
they can be fierce with those tree climbing claws.....
i know what you said about my Momma
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
I've still run over dozens more than I've actually shot though. ;(
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
That's because you drive even worse than you shoot. 
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
HA!
I'm pretty new to shotgunning. I was always something of a rifle snob and used to turn up my nose at shotguns. Mostly cause I was a firm believer in 'Aimed fire over mass fire'. But after getting my M590A1 I've changed my tune quite a bit.
I have moments of sheer fucking greatness running mine in matches and competitions. I usually practice by putting out a half dozen or so clay birds staggered at random on a hill bank - and than I try to shoot them all as fast as I can without missing.
And about half of the time, I can run my pump better than others run their autos.
Sometimes I'm no shit just hanging on for the ride as I pump and fire almost faster than I can keep up. My respect has greatly increased for them.
The first Squirrel I shot, I blew off a branch and as he fell he hit another branch and it looked like he may have been grabbing at it so I let him have another shell and blew him out of the tree completely.
The second, I nailed him as he was sprinting up a tree trunk.
So two squirrels, three hits - Not to bad right?
I just gotta go for one shot two squirrels now...
I'm pretty new to shotgunning. I was always something of a rifle snob and used to turn up my nose at shotguns. Mostly cause I was a firm believer in 'Aimed fire over mass fire'. But after getting my M590A1 I've changed my tune quite a bit.
I have moments of sheer fucking greatness running mine in matches and competitions. I usually practice by putting out a half dozen or so clay birds staggered at random on a hill bank - and than I try to shoot them all as fast as I can without missing.
And about half of the time, I can run my pump better than others run their autos.
Sometimes I'm no shit just hanging on for the ride as I pump and fire almost faster than I can keep up. My respect has greatly increased for them.
The first Squirrel I shot, I blew off a branch and as he fell he hit another branch and it looked like he may have been grabbing at it so I let him have another shell and blew him out of the tree completely.
The second, I nailed him as he was sprinting up a tree trunk.
So two squirrels, three hits - Not to bad right?
I just gotta go for one shot two squirrels now...
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Headshots?
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Done did that. Was the first time I had my 284/6mm out. My grandfather made it for me. He took my old .243 and chambered it out to fit a 284 case, put a 30in barrel with a custom mussel brake on it and a 6x18 cannon scope. Nice gun but kinda pain in the ass to reload for since you have to neck down all the 284 casing before you can load them.I just gotta go for one shot two squirrels now...
Anyway we were out hunting sage rats, small ground squirrel looks like a prairie dog but smaller. They stand up in front of their holes had one in my sights about 100yrds out, squeeze a shot off and he kinda blew up. Using a 65gr hollow point traveling at 4200fps.
Being a bit morbid we had to see the damage. There were pieces every where. After looking a bit we realized there were parts of two sage rats. Seems there was two of them standing in a row about two feet apart. The shot took both of them. Lucky? ...yes.
Fell in love with the gun from that moment on. It becomes quite a challenge when you pick sage rats out that are 200 to 300 yards away.
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
Sage rats? Never heard of them before, North American animal?
And if I recall correctly, isn't the .284 a wildcat? And it has a 30 inch barrel?! Holy crap man, does that length include the muzzle brake?
I've always wanted to go Prairie Dog hunting, but haven't been able to go out west again to do so. I'm not to big a morbid kind of guy, I know they tend to explode when shot - but I'm not the sort that gets jollies out of it.
And I used birdshot, if I had used slugs...well - there wouldn't be anything left Nagash. ;>
And if I recall correctly, isn't the .284 a wildcat? And it has a 30 inch barrel?! Holy crap man, does that length include the muzzle brake?
I've always wanted to go Prairie Dog hunting, but haven't been able to go out west again to do so. I'm not to big a morbid kind of guy, I know they tend to explode when shot - but I'm not the sort that gets jollies out of it.
And I used birdshot, if I had used slugs...well - there wouldn't be anything left Nagash. ;>
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
- Atla
- Urban Cowboy w/Guns
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
- Location: In your panties you naughty girl!
Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.
I finally got around to breaded and frying the little body parts.
Waiting on them to cool to try them.
Not to sound psycho or anything, but there is always something mighty masculine about eating some poor animal whose life you suddenly and violently snuffed out.
Maybe that's why those Indians(feathers not dot) ate each others hearts?
Waiting on them to cool to try them.
Not to sound psycho or anything, but there is always something mighty masculine about eating some poor animal whose life you suddenly and violently snuffed out.
Maybe that's why those Indians(feathers not dot) ate each others hearts?
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests