So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Lucky for me, I had my Mossberg 590A1 combat shotgun at hand.

I grabbed it from the passenger seat of my jeep, flicked the safety(cause an unloaded gun ain't worth shit), and blew them away.

Than I had to google what the fuck to do with them.

And here I am, watching the stove as little Squirrel Nuggets are boiling. With a slightly naseous feeling in my stomach, cause the idea of eating tree rat is kinda... out there with eating, well, rats. As soon as their done boiling, I'm gonna attempt to bread and fry them..or something. Whatever this 'Wild Game' cookbook tells me to do.

The bad news? I fucked up skinning them and the tail came off on both of them. Now I can't make a hat.

The good news? My girlfriend just asked me to bring a piece over for her to try tonight.

Hell, Kimber(my dog) won't even try the parts I threw away.

I. Am. Hill Billy.
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Gerien » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:21 am

And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am

Oh c'mon city boy!

Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am

You ain't gots to squeal unless you wanna.
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
Sturm
Explorer
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Sturm » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 am

I have this funny improve scene playing through my mind, on seeing Gerien in the mountains with Atla sitting around a camp fire cleaning guns in a combat colored feather boa.
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Teanos » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 am

Thats not a skit.

I'm pretty sure my last trip through Carolina I looked up yonder on them thar mountain and saw that very sight. I almost got a picture when he escaped down the crick and into the wilds beyond.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Gerien » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 am

Sturm wrote:I have this funny improve scene playing through my mind, on seeing Gerien in the mountains with Atla sitting around a camp fire cleaning guns in a combat colored feather boa.
ROTFLMGDAO

And Atla - start practicing your pig impressions.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Gem
Lost Soul
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am
Location: Some place, somewhere

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Gem » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:35 am

Atla wrote:Oh c'mon city boy!

Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!

Duelling banjos ala Deliverance, right?
Ahoy! And other nautical expressions!

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:13 am

Gerien wrote:And Atla - start practicing your pig impressions.
Whoa there hoss!

I'm a giver not a receiver...the pitcher not the catcher!
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by owly » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:14 am

Atla wrote:Oh c'mon city boy!

Come up to these hear mountains and we'll have us a banjo pickin' good time!
the next line should be 'squeal like a pig'
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Nagash » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 am

Atla wrote:
Gerien wrote:And Atla - start practicing your pig impressions.
Whoa there hoss!

I'm a giver not a receiver...the pitcher not the catcher!

So? ;)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Teanos » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 pm

I had a squrriel jump from behind the car next to me after I got to work today.

First thought was of Atla and a shotgun, it made me laugh.

Second thought was I wish I had a shotgun.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by owly » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 am

they can be fierce with those tree climbing claws.....
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:33 am

I've still run over dozens more than I've actually shot though. ;(
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Nagash » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 am

That's because you drive even worse than you shoot. :P
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 pm

HA!

I'm pretty new to shotgunning. I was always something of a rifle snob and used to turn up my nose at shotguns. Mostly cause I was a firm believer in 'Aimed fire over mass fire'. But after getting my M590A1 I've changed my tune quite a bit.

I have moments of sheer fucking greatness running mine in matches and competitions. I usually practice by putting out a half dozen or so clay birds staggered at random on a hill bank - and than I try to shoot them all as fast as I can without missing.

And about half of the time, I can run my pump better than others run their autos.

Sometimes I'm no shit just hanging on for the ride as I pump and fire almost faster than I can keep up. My respect has greatly increased for them.

The first Squirrel I shot, I blew off a branch and as he fell he hit another branch and it looked like he may have been grabbing at it so I let him have another shell and blew him out of the tree completely.

The second, I nailed him as he was sprinting up a tree trunk.

So two squirrels, three hits - Not to bad right?

I just gotta go for one shot two squirrels now...
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Nagash » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Headshots?
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Stark
Lost Soul
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:49 am

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Stark » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:13 pm

I just gotta go for one shot two squirrels now...
Done did that. Was the first time I had my 284/6mm out. My grandfather made it for me. He took my old .243 and chambered it out to fit a 284 case, put a 30in barrel with a custom mussel brake on it and a 6x18 cannon scope. Nice gun but kinda pain in the ass to reload for since you have to neck down all the 284 casing before you can load them.

Anyway we were out hunting sage rats, small ground squirrel looks like a prairie dog but smaller. They stand up in front of their holes had one in my sights about 100yrds out, squeeze a shot off and he kinda blew up. Using a 65gr hollow point traveling at 4200fps.

Being a bit morbid we had to see the damage. There were pieces every where. After looking a bit we realized there were parts of two sage rats. Seems there was two of them standing in a row about two feet apart. The shot took both of them. Lucky? ...yes.

Fell in love with the gun from that moment on. It becomes quite a challenge when you pick sage rats out that are 200 to 300 yards away.

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Sage rats? Never heard of them before, North American animal?

And if I recall correctly, isn't the .284 a wildcat? And it has a 30 inch barrel?! Holy crap man, does that length include the muzzle brake?

I've always wanted to go Prairie Dog hunting, but haven't been able to go out west again to do so. I'm not to big a morbid kind of guy, I know they tend to explode when shot - but I'm not the sort that gets jollies out of it.

And I used birdshot, if I had used slugs...well - there wouldn't be anything left Nagash. ;>
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

User avatar
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:38 pm
Location: In your panties you naughty girl!

Re: So there I was, minding my business.. When they attacked.

Post by Atla » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

I finally got around to breaded and frying the little body parts.

Waiting on them to cool to try them.

Not to sound psycho or anything, but there is always something mighty masculine about eating some poor animal whose life you suddenly and violently snuffed out.

Maybe that's why those Indians(feathers not dot) ate each others hearts?
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest