Why am I not eating biscuits?
Moderator: Staff
- Lilim Savanant
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: england
Why am I not eating biscuits?
Do you ever find yourself snacking on things that really weren't intended as snacks while perfectly good snack foods sit in your cupboards waiting to be eaten?
I ponder this as I cram bits of a cheese slice into my mouth that I'm picking apart with my fingers, knowing full well there's a great, big, packet of custard creams sitting under the cereal shelf just dying to be opened and consumed with much gusto.
What other strange snacks do people consume in favour of more regular snacks?
I ponder this as I cram bits of a cheese slice into my mouth that I'm picking apart with my fingers, knowing full well there's a great, big, packet of custard creams sitting under the cereal shelf just dying to be opened and consumed with much gusto.
What other strange snacks do people consume in favour of more regular snacks?
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
i like Lehimoi it's dryed sweetened plum a common snack in Hawaii.......
i know what you said about my Momma
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
onions, eat em like apples
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Damn Nether.........
last time i ate a onion raw is when i was eating Maui onion there sweet not bitter, i knew a guy would eat onion of any kind too. He liked pickle ginger as well............
last time i ate a onion raw is when i was eating Maui onion there sweet not bitter, i knew a guy would eat onion of any kind too. He liked pickle ginger as well............
i know what you said about my Momma
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Eh grew up poor and thats all there was, after awhile I developed a taste for it, rarly do it anymore though, the wife hates it.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Hi, SNACKS??? Cheese slices are snacks??? Thats what I eat for supper when I am lucky enough to have access to them... Snacks??? (with apologies to Jim Mora)
dU=TdS-pdV
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Nether
Eat one and give her a big kiss for me

edit/quoted the wrong person lol
Eat one and give her a big kiss for me
edit/quoted the wrong person lol
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Oh incase your wondering how i get my lehimoi, my sisters send them they both live in Hawaii.........
i like them cheese tubes thingies i don't know what they're called but i love um. i love cheese nips too..............
i like them cheese tubes thingies i don't know what they're called but i love um. i love cheese nips too..............
i know what you said about my Momma
- bigSparky
- Explorer
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
- Location: lost between Elvis and suicide
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
So, I'm thinking biscuits? I love biscuits. Then I remembered you're one of them foreign types and call cookies biscuits.
But that's cool because I like them both. I used to go by this Gas station that sold the best buttermilk biscuits. I would get them plain and they would look at me like I was nuts for not getting the sausage, eggs, and cheese.
But good cheese is a very good snack. With or without crackers. I'm partial to extra sharp cheddar and swiss cheese myself. I also like that marbled colby-jack. Another snack I will have is Rice Krispies, Rice Chex, or Froot Loops. Heck, I sometimes have that for dinner. I've also been known to have chili for breakfast, so call me crazy.
And I also used to eat onions like apples. Haven't done it in a long time now though. Lemons or limes too.
But good cheese is a very good snack. With or without crackers. I'm partial to extra sharp cheddar and swiss cheese myself. I also like that marbled colby-jack. Another snack I will have is Rice Krispies, Rice Chex, or Froot Loops. Heck, I sometimes have that for dinner. I've also been known to have chili for breakfast, so call me crazy.
And I also used to eat onions like apples. Haven't done it in a long time now though. Lemons or limes too.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
yuckbigSparky wrote:Lemons or limes too.
although dryed lemon peel is good
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Biscuits are good snacks. Or potato chips. Chocolate cookies. Cipollata sausages. Or Merguez.
Good snacks aplenty
Good snacks aplenty
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Spam is nasty enough in itself. Eating burned spam is masochistic. 
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Spam is a hawaiian thing, you'd be amazed at how expensive spam in hawaii is..........
i know what you said about my Momma
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
I think the closest thing Europeans have to our biscuit is a scone, but I think scones are usually sweet. AT least all the ones I have had are. The one thing Eurpoeans have access to that we do not is Tim Tams, and I would be willing to go back to war for them. Pepperidge Farm makes a rendition but they aren't the same.
And Owly is right about that Spam thing it is served in fine dining restaurants and is pircey stuff.
And Owly is right about that Spam thing it is served in fine dining restaurants and is pircey stuff.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
- Lilim Savanant
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: england
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Really? I've always viewed spam as the human version of dog food. I'll eat it if choice is not an option, but more than likely swimming in ketchup.
I've always been a little confused by the whole cultural difference in what is called a biscuit. They tried to explain it on QI but I wasn't paying complete attention.
And for some reason I love fig rolls, but can't stand figs. ~shrugs~
I've always been a little confused by the whole cultural difference in what is called a biscuit. They tried to explain it on QI but I wasn't paying complete attention.
And for some reason I love fig rolls, but can't stand figs. ~shrugs~
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
What we call biscuits is rather like a scone, but usually lighter in texture. mmmm... more like a dumpling I suppose, but not wet. Actually that is a good analogy. Picture a rolled (as opposed to very wet drop) dumpling that is not boiled but baked. We often serve it with butter and jam or a gravy poured over the top. They are not usually eaten for desert or a snack, but served with meals like a yorkeshire pudding might be. In fact the first time I ordered a yorkershire pudding when I was a kid my first thought was that it was rather like a hollow biscuit.
And I do believe I would rather resort to cannibalism than eat spam. I despise the salty gooey stuff.
And I do believe I would rather resort to cannibalism than eat spam. I despise the salty gooey stuff.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
- Lilim Savanant
- Lost Soul
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
- Location: england
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
The idea of calling anything vaguely like a yorkshire pudding a biscuit scrambles my brain.
Also, pickled beetroot. Mmmmmm, now that's an awesome snack. I can just sit there eating them out of the jar.
Also, pickled beetroot. Mmmmmm, now that's an awesome snack. I can just sit there eating them out of the jar.
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Pickle kimchee (cucumbers) is the bomb
i know what you said about my Momma
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?
Oh, Lillim JARED pickled beats?? No no no. When I put some down (can them) I will send you a nice homemade jar. There is nothing to compare.
I get what you mean with the biscuit thing though. It scrambles our brains to call something that looks like a french fry a "chip" and crisp is a verb here not a noun.
Funny that we call our language English and not American. I wonder why that is?
I get what you mean with the biscuit thing though. It scrambles our brains to call something that looks like a french fry a "chip" and crisp is a verb here not a noun.
Funny that we call our language English and not American. I wonder why that is?
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest