Why am I not eating biscuits?

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Lilim Savanant
Lost Soul
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: england

Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Lilim Savanant » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:54 am

Do you ever find yourself snacking on things that really weren't intended as snacks while perfectly good snack foods sit in your cupboards waiting to be eaten?

I ponder this as I cram bits of a cheese slice into my mouth that I'm picking apart with my fingers, knowing full well there's a great, big, packet of custard creams sitting under the cereal shelf just dying to be opened and consumed with much gusto.

What other strange snacks do people consume in favour of more regular snacks?

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 am

i like Lehimoi it's dryed sweetened plum a common snack in Hawaii.......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Nether » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 am

onions, eat em like apples
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:07 am

Damn Nether.........

last time i ate a onion raw is when i was eating Maui onion there sweet not bitter, i knew a guy would eat onion of any kind too. He liked pickle ginger as well............
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Nether » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 am

Eh grew up poor and thats all there was, after awhile I developed a taste for it, rarly do it anymore though, the wife hates it.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

mogami
Lost Soul
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by mogami » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 am

Hi, SNACKS??? Cheese slices are snacks??? Thats what I eat for supper when I am lucky enough to have access to them... Snacks??? (with apologies to Jim Mora)
dU=TdS-pdV

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:17 am

Nether

Eat one and give her a big kiss for me :mrgreen: :geek:

edit/quoted the wrong person lol
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 am

Oh incase your wondering how i get my lehimoi, my sisters send them they both live in Hawaii.........

i like them cheese tubes thingies i don't know what they're called but i love um. i love cheese nips too..............
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
bigSparky
Explorer
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: lost between Elvis and suicide

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by bigSparky » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 am

So, I'm thinking biscuits? I love biscuits. Then I remembered you're one of them foreign types and call cookies biscuits. :P But that's cool because I like them both. I used to go by this Gas station that sold the best buttermilk biscuits. I would get them plain and they would look at me like I was nuts for not getting the sausage, eggs, and cheese.

But good cheese is a very good snack. With or without crackers. I'm partial to extra sharp cheddar and swiss cheese myself. I also like that marbled colby-jack. Another snack I will have is Rice Krispies, Rice Chex, or Froot Loops. Heck, I sometimes have that for dinner. I've also been known to have chili for breakfast, so call me crazy.

And I also used to eat onions like apples. Haven't done it in a long time now though. Lemons or limes too.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:33 am

bigSparky wrote:Lemons or limes too.
yuck

although dryed lemon peel is good
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Nagash » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:37 am

Biscuits are good snacks. Or potato chips. Chocolate cookies. Cipollata sausages. Or Merguez.

Good snacks aplenty :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:22 pm

i like burnt spam sometimes
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Nagash » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Spam is nasty enough in itself. Eating burned spam is masochistic. :P
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Spam is a hawaiian thing, you'd be amazed at how expensive spam in hawaii is..........
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:13 am

I think the closest thing Europeans have to our biscuit is a scone, but I think scones are usually sweet. AT least all the ones I have had are. The one thing Eurpoeans have access to that we do not is Tim Tams, and I would be willing to go back to war for them. Pepperidge Farm makes a rendition but they aren't the same.

And Owly is right about that Spam thing it is served in fine dining restaurants and is pircey stuff.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Lilim Savanant
Lost Soul
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: england

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Lilim Savanant » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:55 am

Really? I've always viewed spam as the human version of dog food. I'll eat it if choice is not an option, but more than likely swimming in ketchup.

I've always been a little confused by the whole cultural difference in what is called a biscuit. They tried to explain it on QI but I wasn't paying complete attention.

And for some reason I love fig rolls, but can't stand figs. ~shrugs~

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:13 am

What we call biscuits is rather like a scone, but usually lighter in texture. mmmm... more like a dumpling I suppose, but not wet. Actually that is a good analogy. Picture a rolled (as opposed to very wet drop) dumpling that is not boiled but baked. We often serve it with butter and jam or a gravy poured over the top. They are not usually eaten for desert or a snack, but served with meals like a yorkeshire pudding might be. In fact the first time I ordered a yorkershire pudding when I was a kid my first thought was that it was rather like a hollow biscuit.

And I do believe I would rather resort to cannibalism than eat spam. I despise the salty gooey stuff.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Lilim Savanant
Lost Soul
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: england

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Lilim Savanant » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:18 am

The idea of calling anything vaguely like a yorkshire pudding a biscuit scrambles my brain.

Also, pickled beetroot. Mmmmmm, now that's an awesome snack. I can just sit there eating them out of the jar.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by owly » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:41 am

Pickle kimchee (cucumbers) is the bomb
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Why am I not eating biscuits?

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:02 am

Oh, Lillim JARED pickled beats?? No no no. When I put some down (can them) I will send you a nice homemade jar. There is nothing to compare.

I get what you mean with the biscuit thing though. It scrambles our brains to call something that looks like a french fry a "chip" and crisp is a verb here not a noun.

Funny that we call our language English and not American. I wonder why that is?
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests