Monarchy Study

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Venus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 pm

it was from an early bash photo i think.
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Immigrant » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:03 am

To the best of my knowledge nobody super famous ever played.
rumour has it that Dyvim used to play;p http://i36.tinypic.com/x3x3dz.jpg

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Nagash » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 am

Immigrant wrote:
To the best of my knowledge nobody super famous ever played.
rumour has it that Dyvim used to play;p http://i36.tinypic.com/x3x3dz.jpg

No! :shock:
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Venus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm

id be happy to help you out if u need to ask me any questions? although, u might want a fresher perspective. i haven't been big in the game in years:>
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Nagash » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Rumour has it that you've always been "big". ;)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Immigrant » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm

here's to the memory of the soon to be the late great Nagash *snickers* you can run, but you can't hide from the omnipotent V

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Lady Maven » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:27 am

Monarchy never saved my life, but it DID allow me to skip a class in college with full credits.

See, I had to take a debate class (a requirement at least in cali for any law degree) and .. well, Monarchy taught me to be a bit rabid about debating. I could prepare from scratch a full properly formatted debate in 20 minutes when pressed to do so, and I was several times when a debater would not show and i was asked to fill in. Plus .. umm.. Aunty Maven is a bitch in a debate kiddees. i know that shatters some of your perceptions of me as a loving and kind soul, but it is true. By the time that course was over I had a public speaking class. I was busy that semester with other things and wanted out, so I went to the dean and asked if I could get credit for all the extra deabtes I did and not take public speaking. My dean looked me square in the eye and said, and I shit you not "I sat in on some of those debates, if anything you need a class in public shut the hell up"
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Grunt
Teacher
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Grunt » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:45 pm

you need a class in public shut the hell up
Not sure that surprises me

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Venus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:28 pm

ha:P
im not big damnit!
and

i think it might have helped me in speech class in college.

i never do my homework usually until im already at school and taking a five minute break outside the classroom door, but always tend to skate by with all A's so when i went to speech class every day and got called on, needless to say i was -Never- prepared

i was really good at picking a topic on the way to the podium and winging it by pulling bullshit random stuff out of the air and arguing my side for five or ten minutes.

im pretty sure i got that from having to gm and post stuff about guild wars on the fly to stop a faith war from happening:P

and when i was a visual merchandise manager <believe me, a bunch of women and gay guys who like to decorate stuff can GOSSIP!! and lets not even talk about all the backstabbing that went on every hour.>

anyway visual merchandising was a political arena like u wouldn't believe. if u couldn't negotiate all that water without sinking, you were fired within a day. The game sure as hell helped me with being able to do that with no trouble.
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

User avatar
Sturm
Explorer
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Sturm » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:43 am

Lady Maven wrote:Aunty Maven is a bitch in a debate kiddees. i know that shatters some of your perceptions of me as a loving and kind soul, but it is true.
But we all still luvs ya M'Lady. ;)

Now about this debating thingy, what is the topic? and why isn't there a thread on it with a catchy title?
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~

User avatar
Masta
Wayfarer
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Masta » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Hello all, and thanks in advance for those who have shown willingness to assist me in this study. I apologize that I have not been able to personally contact those who are willing to do interviews, or even make a survey or list of questions for others who wish to fill out their answers on their own... I have been absolutely weighed down by a Different term paper that is due this Wednesday, and with the due date being closer than the paper for this study, it has taken priority for now over this study... However, I will (very soon) be conducting the interviews I spoke of, sending out surveys to those who requested such, and any performing all other areas of study which I mentioned in my initial post. Most likely this Friday, through the weekend, will be when I will do these things, since I have a term paper due Wed, and another essay due Thursday. Thanks for your patience and willingness to help me on this undergrad term paper.

I have to run and get to class, but also, anyone who responded to the call for a brief interview, if you could, please PM me with your best available times so that we can start scheduling our interview time. It should only take 10-15 minutes, but my schedule is very hectic, and I'm sure many of your schedules are as well, so it would be nice to get an idea of when we can actually hold the short interview. If our times just don't match up, I can provide you with a survey instead to fill out on your own time and PM back to me. Thanks again everyone.
GM / Founder - Imperator
Justice is Blind |JustBlind|

Masta ~ The scrape on the roof of your mouth,
that would heal, if you could just stop tonguing it, but you can't...

User avatar
Maverick
Explorer
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Maverick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 pm

I believe that Hern was Tom Hanks from a picture. But the whole Tom Hanks thing was absolutely Gen and not myself.

If anyone wants me to answer any questions or be available, feel free to ask
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

http://www.Flapship.com

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Nagash » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Yah, I'm up for an interview too if you need a Euro in yer collection. ;)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by owly » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:01 am

this gamesaved my life you cdan callme any time........
i know what you said about my Momma

Hern
Newbling
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:14 am

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Hern » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:35 am

Indeed I am Tom Hanks.

It started one day when Gen and Ceres messaged me simultaniously calling me Tom Hanks and spaming me with movie quotes.

To this day I still love that short man.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Lady Maven » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:04 am

Which short man? Gen or Tom?

::smooglesthehernia::
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

Appolyon
Lost Soul
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: The other side of useful

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Appolyon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:59 am

I could be one of the guys who dips in and out, never makes any lasting bonds, uses it as a timefiller between failed relationships yet regrets the gaps, loves arguing with maven and watching her convince herself she has some grasp on logic and objectivity, and perving at 40*40 pics of venus taken from 2km away with a weak resolution without my glasses on. and laughing at gunboy, and realising about 3 weeks too late that nagash put me down, reading what trem wrote and thinkin wth can't i think in straight lines like that? wondering whose alt is whose, thinking ooh, doesn't sturm xyz, and omg gerien's gonna kidnap a hookers baby, was mop the belgian puppeteer or the other mop. and so on. well anyway, have fun with editing geriens .pdf and handing it in.

Zathan
Newbling
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Zathan » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:39 am

You are welcome to contact me. I have been in and out of the game for... far too long, mostly out the last few years until a few days ago :) I always find my way back and miss my all night war chats.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Nagash » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 am

Appolyon wrote:was mop the belgian puppeteer
Yep.
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
Sturm
Explorer
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: Monarchy Study

Post by Sturm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Appolyon wrote:doesn't sturm xyz
An let urban dictionary "thought police" like you run the net...Hell No!!!
! :roll:
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest