You have a hobby? Share them here

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Gerien » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 am

owly wrote:My mother used to grow and right when i started to smoking weed she stopped because she got a good job at the womans prison in hawaii. she used to give me 10 bucks a week to water the plants everyday, gawd she could grow some cript. i used to de-flower buds too, for ten bucks a time......
There is SO much wrong with that.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:21 am

Yeah.. there really is Owly.

I know you wouldn't want it, but I feel sorry for you anyway.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:04 am

i could see sympathy for or if it was crack or heroin, but it's just weed a soft drug but thanks tho. When i was going to school that was a long time ago, i went to Olamauna, kids that was in prison went there too we was schooled with them. Anyways there was ash trays built right into the desks, we could smoke pakalolo during breaks. i was in 5th grade and you could smoke cigs in class, that's sad........

edit/Don't blame my mom, she was raising 4 boys and two girls and she did her best to feed, keep a roof over r heads, and lights. i give her credit, She did what she had to so we never was in a position of wanting anything or being starved/starving to death. It's because of her that all my brothers and sisters are all doing well in life.......

edit2/well except for my brother Randy hard drugs is his er, it's a shame tho he has a beautiful mind......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:48 am

It isn't the pot. It is the message. It makes me sad as a mother is all.

I would have sold my body if I had had to to put food on the table, don't get me wrong, but I would not have had my son unwrap the condoms.

We all make our way the best way we know how, but it still makes me sad.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Super_Sturm
Wayfarer
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Super_Sturm » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:38 pm

My hobby is interacting with you lot.
;)
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Gerien » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:46 am

Super_Sturm wrote:My pemance is interacting with you lot.
;)
fixed
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Sylandra
Lost Soul
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am
Location: Reno, Nevada

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Sylandra » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:53 am

I collect music. Legally. I collect DVD's as well. Have about 3,000 cd's (give or take) and over 1,000 dvd's (not counting bootleg). It is kind of ridiculous that I pay for cable to be honest...but I love hockey and the indie and classic film channels, so it is worth it.

I used to do various forms of pottery. I can throw some decent pieces on a wheel, and know how to pour slip, set molds, clean greenware, glaze (would love to learn how to mix my own glazes and do aneal work with glass)...but man that is an expensive and expansive hobby, so I do not do it for now. If I had the bucks and the space, I could do it for a livng, but it is one of those cases where it truly takes money to make money. It would be a dream come true though!

So now I paint, mostly acrylic on paper. I have a 5' x 6' project I want to paint for a big empty wall in my bedroom and will have to pay for the canvas on frame to do it. I hope to one day learn to stretch/frame canvas for myself and then I wwant to attempt oils and watercolors. I draw well, and love to when I am inspired. I do calligraphy as it takes up little space, and have made some pretty cool things for friends and my Mom. I also make some beaded jewelry from time to time.

I know how to do screen printing too, but again, space is required, so not an option at present.

My favorite hobby of all, is sewing. As soon as I empty my storage and set up a studio in the garage (I used to have an extra bedroom dedicated to sewing and painting), I will go back to making art dolls. I used to make costumes (professionally) for the costume shop Maven and I used to work at. I also make some of my own clothes since I am so tall and it can be difficult to find clothes for tall women. It takes alot of room to sew though, so now I enjoy sewing in miniature for art dolls. Pretty cool hobby actually. I NEVER thought I would make dolls, but these are not the baby doll with curly hair types. My next one is a tattooed punk-er with thigh-high boots! Rawr! heehee
In life, understanding is the booby prize. ~ Werner Erhard.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:33 am

LOL, yuppers, nothing baby doll about these at all. I usually am working out some issues with mine. Syl and I make the same sort of dolls, except mine tend to be gothic fairy types. They are pretty cool because you can use every other art form to make them from painting to sewing to collage, and whatever. My new ones have corsets I am making from papier mache.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Super_Sturm
Wayfarer
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Super_Sturm » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Gerien wrote:
Super_Sturm wrote:My pemance is interacting with you lot.
;)
fixed
I think your referring to Penance.. :lol:
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Teanos » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 am

Actually, I think my hobby is working.
I don't do much else.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:05 am

That's a shame Teano's, you got to do something for you sometimes even if it just getting take-out :mrgreen: anyways i wish you the best 8-)

i myself am collecting DvD's i bought me today the 'Indiana Jones' collection edition all 4 movies for 44 dollars and i couldn't resist and got 'Get him to the Greek' movie with Jonah Hill and Russell Brand it features the un-rated version......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Nato
Wayfarer
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:40 am
Location: Georgia

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Nato » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:14 am

I take pole dance lessons and I drink a new beer every week.

Calm down, I'm taken. ;)

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by owly » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:34 am

Nato wrote:Calm down, I'm taken. ;)
*Takes Sox Outa Pants*

*kicks Dirt*
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm

She's pretty hot too, Owly, so ya missed out.

I have a rule about new hobbies. They cannot cost me mre than 20 dollars to start. If I allowed myself to spend more my house would be full of way more crap than it is. I am addicted to find new art forms and crafts.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Gili
Community Admin
Posts: 738
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 am
Location: Northampton, England

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Gili » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:38 am

I table top RP twice a week with friends. its a nice social situation, the group has been together for many years now.

I video game also, which is mainly flirting with various mmo's, some xbox and usually i have host a multiplayer server of some sort ( currently its Minecraft! )
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Contactable on gtalk & msn via sshagent @ gmail . com

User avatar
Super_Sturm
Wayfarer
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Super_Sturm » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:06 am

Outside of reading/watching the News, and soap box chatting with you all
I do play alot of CoD Black Ops, I find it amusing. :|
“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut invenio ~

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:10 pm

I video game also, which is mainly flirting with various mmo's,
That is why I can't play those games any more. They seem like just an excuse for people to cheat ion their spouses. Is that fair? Hell no, loads of people don't play those games to cheat. Doesn't stop me from wanting to throw up every time I see one of those games advertised. But my medication is helping that. (no, I am not kidding, yes I really do have to take medication at this point for it)

I would not have even come back here again if I did not consider you all family.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Teanos » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:24 am

Well ok I lied, when I'm not working I actually play a couple games.

Just bought Battlefield Bad Company 2. Interesting game, I play with a coworker and his brother and we actually kick decent ass.

Oh, and I still occassionally play WoW still.
Lvl 82. I might hit 85 by end of the year. ;/
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
Lady Maven
Teacher
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Lady Maven » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:15 am

Funny you should say level 80+ in WoW. Was a guy on our Reno CL offering to trade an 8gig iPhone for a level 80+ WoW character. I have NO idea if that is a good deal or not, since i spit on anything Apple AND WoW, lol.
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu


How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: You have a hobby? Share them here

Post by Teanos » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:17 am

Iphone was the best thing I've bought in years.
there truely is an app for just about everything.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests