Diet suggestion

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by Nether » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:22 am

Eh guy was nice enough, just told me to lose the weight.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by owly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:47 am

Nether wrote:Recruiter won't even take me up for the physical or other tests until i hit 218lbs
i would try another recriuter like cindy suggested

Don't feel bad Nether i'm about 15 to 20 pounds over wieght and have a little pot belly, something my girlfriend has no problem teasing me about. i wish you good luck in your quest......
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by Venus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:48 am

i do not recommend that cabbage soup thing, i lasted two days.
got it was awful.
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

User avatar
Sylandra
Lost Soul
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 am
Location: Reno, Nevada

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by Sylandra » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:20 am

If you really want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to eat a day of meals like:

One egg, 2 pieces of bacon and one piece of the barkiest, twiggiest whole grain toast you can find.
two hours later, eat an apple
two hours later eat half a sammich of more bark/twig bread and lean roast beef with a little italian dressing on it.
two hours later, eat 6-12 toasted, salted almonds
around 5 or 6pm, eat a dinner of two vegetables (no corn) and a piece of meat the size of the palm of your hand. LEAN!
two hours later have a coffee cup sized root beer float made of no sugar added vanilla ice cream and diet root beer.

Basically, don't let yourself get hungry by staving hunger off with small things that are healthier. Your stomach will shrink pretty quickly and then you will actually be full sooner. I cannot eat more than half a meal in any restaurant because they serve so much these days. It is no wonder so many people are overweight.
I am 6 feet tall and I once weighed 287 pounds. Took me three years to lose fifty pounds, and under one year to lose another fifty once I got in the habit of eating ALOT less food at each sitting. I told myself I would eat only half of what I wanted, and if I wanted more I could have it, but let it settle and see if I was still hungry. I never was. The weight fell off quickly. I feel so much better and I would wish it on anyone.

A really good diet is the Sugarbusters diet. You eat carbs, and lean meat, but stay the hell away from SUGAR. Sugar BAD! Sugar NOT FRIEND! Also, stay away from simple carbs (which quickly turn to sugar in your system) like potatos, white rice, white flour, and fruits that are all sugar like watermelon, grapes, and read labels to keep what sugar you do eat under 4 grams a serving, but none is best. Sugar comes under many many names and you don't have to be anywhere near diabetes to gain weight from all the sugar we ingest in this country.

If you want to know more on how to drop pounds in a real way, send me a PM and I am always happy to help. You don't have to suffer or be hungry but you do need to get smarter about what you eat if you want to lose weight. Or at least, I did anyway. Apologies for the lengthy diatribe on eating and Good Luck!
In life, understanding is the booby prize. ~ Werner Erhard.

User avatar
Nether
Elessar
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
Contact:

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by Nether » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 pm

thanks
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by Immigrant » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:21 pm

fwiw that atkins diet really works (and yeah I know it didn't help him live any longer... and honestly maybe Jack Lalanne was the one that was really on to something considering he actually lived to just shy of 100 and was fit his whole life by sticking to mostly veggies & old school exercise, etc.)...

An atkins-like diet more or less seriously worked for me and in very short order (as in no more than a month) is all I'm saying. A 'little' hard living for a long time (sans healthy exercise, except maybe beer curls and a lil mambo) and a lot of fried food helped me get big everywhere, except where I wanted (of course).

I made my mind up when I started having trouble bending over to tie my shoes or was getting winded on one flight of stairs that that was it. In less than a month after putting myself on a protein rich carbo-light diet, coupled with quality gym time daily (spin-time and lots of rowing, which btw, did more good in less time to melt the fat than anything else, besides simply walking), and I dropped close to 100#s and 10 years. A year on and I still feel better, the mind's clearer and my heart isn't working as hard when I clime those stairs. Hope that helps.

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Diet suggestion

Post by Immigrant » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:33 pm

btw... as far as long term effectiveness in keeping the weight off (assuming you can manage to drop it, which does take a lot of work and dedication and is even hard for folks that aren't as healthy I'd imagine, where exercise isn't really an option), it's actually kind of simple or was for me at least (so far):

I kept my pre-diet belt and I wear it religiously as a daily reminder of what can happen if you slip, which is necessary for a guy that used to love the booze and 'hard' living (which btw I really miss - it was fun, but it was also no doubt leading to an early grave). I have those old worn-in fat notches about half way around me and I make sure each day it stays that way. That helps me make sure I end up asking for wine instead of beer, or a small plate with at least one or two healthy things on it, instead of the fried fare, etc. When it gets snug, I spent a little more time in the gym, etc. Again, to each their own & hope that might help

(funny part is, I came from tall skinny stock, was always very active/athletic most of my youth and was skinny, but if you stop when the metabolism does it's thing... man is it easy to pack it on and in no time and the more you do, or the longer you weight to tackle it, the harder it is to take off - one of life's cruel little jokes it seems)

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest