NPC Kingdoms
Moderators: Staff, Game Staff
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
what race is this kingdom?
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
I've found it.
Dwarven right?
What's a little confusing is that the save was created by the same person that moaned about it lol
Dwarven right?
What's a little confusing is that the save was created by the same person that moaned about it lol
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Infact, thinking about NPC kingdoms
would be cool if some of you would go through reloading saves, making slight changes and then saving them. Make some that are not quite so heavily defended etc.
The more variety we have for each race, the more fun they will generate.
Dont forget to train your troops to elite, and to summarise your troops in the name of the save.
please dont put things like 'The rest in T4', be specific
would be cool if some of you would go through reloading saves, making slight changes and then saving them. Make some that are not quite so heavily defended etc.
The more variety we have for each race, the more fun they will generate.
Dont forget to train your troops to elite, and to summarise your troops in the name of the save.
please dont put things like 'The rest in T4', be specific
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Mickal Redwater
- Explorer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
- Location: Middle of the Desert
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
K how many do you want?
The kingdom in question should have 450,000 T4 (i can look at it in the saves on the NPC builder)
Having 0 troops is what makes it crappy.
Though i think it'd be best to just get rid of all those huge ones.. but that can be up for debate.
I'll make some more 30-100k kingdoms for other races.
Personally i think they should be well defended.. have to work for it not just get free land/turns.
The kingdom in question should have 450,000 T4 (i can look at it in the saves on the NPC builder)
Having 0 troops is what makes it crappy.
Though i think it'd be best to just get rid of all those huge ones.. but that can be up for debate.
I'll make some more 30-100k kingdoms for other races.
Personally i think they should be well defended.. have to work for it not just get free land/turns.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
FEL forever
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Next time that dwarf comes up it'll have 455000 opulents.
Make as many saves as you want.
The system picks a random save each time for the race of the kingdom. The more options we have, the better selection of builds you get to fight
at the moment the selections are as follows
Centaur (5)
Droben (5)
Dwarven (7)
Elemental (4)
Elven (5)
Goblin (6)
Human (4)
Sidhe (7)
Vampire (4)
Make as many saves as you want.
The system picks a random save each time for the race of the kingdom. The more options we have, the better selection of builds you get to fight
at the moment the selections are as follows
Centaur (5)
Droben (5)
Dwarven (7)
Elemental (4)
Elven (5)
Goblin (6)
Human (4)
Sidhe (7)
Vampire (4)
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Mickal Redwater
- Explorer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
- Location: Middle of the Desert
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
K sounds good 
Will the different saves load as random faiths too?
Or will that 1 huge kingdom only show up as that 1 race?
I'd be interested to see how it'll work with that big kingdom now that it has troops. 455,000 firebears is hard to break even for a decent sized droben
This should balance things out so less people jump up too fast too easily
Will the different saves load as random faiths too?
Or will that 1 huge kingdom only show up as that 1 race?
I'd be interested to see how it'll work with that big kingdom now that it has troops. 455,000 firebears is hard to break even for a decent sized droben
This should balance things out so less people jump up too fast too easily
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
FEL forever
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Faith doesnt really make a difference, if there was a Dwarven kingdom in another faith, it would also get that build every ... checks ... 1 in 7 times
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
- Mickal Redwater
- Explorer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
- Location: Middle of the Desert
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
ok cool makes sense 
I'll make a few more realistic kingdoms for every race.. if there are like 20 dwarven saves then the big ass one won't come out nearly as much.
I'll make a few more realistic kingdoms for every race.. if there are like 20 dwarven saves then the big ass one won't come out nearly as much.
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever
FEL forever
Re: NPC Kingdoms
What is NPC anyway does it mean 'None player Character'?
lol
lol
i know what you said about my Momma
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Non Playable Character
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
I will not I repeat will not be attacking that thing again lol took me 5k turns to break it atleast!
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
Re: NPC Kingdoms
yea and you got a little help from me, i hit it with 6 CS got the turned aside they lost like 10k total, then you got the 10 mil dom so i wasnt gonna piss in the wind like that
Warlord Death in Effect
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Could some one who has made a red or gold kingdom make one of the saves thats popping up bigger? Those of us playing blue would like to have a big kingdom to attack once in awhile. As it is now the only big kingdom that pops up is blue and we can't attack it
Races on the scrolls are: Sidhe, Centaur, and Vampire=Red Elven, Centaur, and Elemental=Gold
please and thanks
Races on the scrolls are: Sidhe, Centaur, and Vampire=Red Elven, Centaur, and Elemental=Gold
please and thanks
Relentless as the sea, remorseless as death!
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
I just made a huge vampire kingdom.Zeblamar wrote:Could some one who has made a red or gold kingdom make one of the saves thats popping up bigger? Those of us playing blue would like to have a big kingdom to attack once in awhile. As it is now the only big kingdom that pops up is blue and we can't attack it![]()
Races on the scrolls are: Sidhe, Centaur, and Vampire=Red Elven, Centaur, and Elemental=Gold
please and thanks
Although, I suspect it 'might' be too much for you guys to kill, especially with only one realm each to do it.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Trust me we can kill any thingKaz wrote:I just made a huge vampire kingdom.
Although, I suspect it 'might' be too much for you guys to kill, especially with only one realm each to do it.
Relentless as the sea, remorseless as death!
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Will try to work on some blue doms tonight. Any suggestions on networths that are needed?
Relentless as the sea, remorseless as death!
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Re: NPC Kingdoms
I was reading through this thread and came up with a couple of solutions to your problems, but they'll require a bit more coding.
First the issue of the super NPC. What you'll want to do is take an average value of the top however many kingdoms and set that as the threshold for the NPC kingdoms to enter. How many top kingdoms you'll use, depends on the amount of players. If it's as small as it was last time I was here, probably top 20. For the actual value, probably take the average acreage but maybe NW would be suitable. When it generates an NPC, don't allow the kingdoms that exceed that average to be created.
Second the issue of NPC population. Why can't you just assign percentages to various building types and apply that template to a randomly generated land mass? Ultimately, we always built towards certain percentages with hard caps on certain structures anyway.
And a question, I saw someone complain about being beaten up by an NPC, as if in surprise. Do you have AI for the NPC? If not, are you considering developing some?
First the issue of the super NPC. What you'll want to do is take an average value of the top however many kingdoms and set that as the threshold for the NPC kingdoms to enter. How many top kingdoms you'll use, depends on the amount of players. If it's as small as it was last time I was here, probably top 20. For the actual value, probably take the average acreage but maybe NW would be suitable. When it generates an NPC, don't allow the kingdoms that exceed that average to be created.
Second the issue of NPC population. Why can't you just assign percentages to various building types and apply that template to a randomly generated land mass? Ultimately, we always built towards certain percentages with hard caps on certain structures anyway.
And a question, I saw someone complain about being beaten up by an NPC, as if in surprise. Do you have AI for the NPC? If not, are you considering developing some?
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
I dont think are are really any major NPC problems.
Yes, there are the occassional huge NPC. But as far as I am aware, none of them have proved unkillable.
Sure, we could automatically create random NPC builds. But it's not as much fun as letting players make their own. Which reminds me, I need to get a new version of the NPC builder up.
As for the AI comments. I'm pretty sure that the reports of NPC's fighting back were not true. That would have only been possible if one of the administrators had logged into the account used to tie them together, and I asked, and no one had even thought of it.
As it stands, the NPC's have a random chance of having their shields, ambush, summon, fog etc reset every 5 mins. I have no plans personally of writing anymore AI into the system. I have contemplated allowing staff accounts to 'play' as an NPC though, but have not really thought about implimentation.
Yes, there are the occassional huge NPC. But as far as I am aware, none of them have proved unkillable.
Sure, we could automatically create random NPC builds. But it's not as much fun as letting players make their own. Which reminds me, I need to get a new version of the NPC builder up.
As for the AI comments. I'm pretty sure that the reports of NPC's fighting back were not true. That would have only been possible if one of the administrators had logged into the account used to tie them together, and I asked, and no one had even thought of it.
As it stands, the NPC's have a random chance of having their shields, ambush, summon, fog etc reset every 5 mins. I have no plans personally of writing anymore AI into the system. I have contemplated allowing staff accounts to 'play' as an NPC though, but have not really thought about implimentation.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Re: NPC Kingdoms
Is it practical from a backend resources viewpoint to have automated NPC or do you think such scripts would consume too many resources? Doesn't seem fair to me that someone can attack the NPC without fear of retribution. What would it take to implement additional AI into the system?Kaz wrote:I dont think are are really any major NPC problems.
Yes, there are the occassional huge NPC. But as far as I am aware, none of them have proved unkillable.
Sure, we could automatically create random NPC builds. But it's not as much fun as letting players make their own. Which reminds me, I need to get a new version of the NPC builder up.
As for the AI comments. I'm pretty sure that the reports of NPC's fighting back were not true. That would have only been possible if one of the administrators had logged into the account used to tie them together, and I asked, and no one had even thought of it.
As it stands, the NPC's have a random chance of having their shields, ambush, summon, fog etc reset every 5 mins. I have no plans personally of writing anymore AI into the system. I have contemplated allowing staff accounts to 'play' as an NPC though, but have not really thought about implimentation.
I know, it's weird. This dude that hasn't been around in years, was generally recognized as a major douchebag, comes along and starts making all this noise while not even playing, but it intrigues me.
Maybe one sample of the logic I was thinking of, going on the assumption that the NPC kingdoms receive turns every hour same as everyone else.
Aggressor_AI
These kingdoms start off with a random amount of turns varying from empty to 3/4. Once they achieve full turns, to be checked at each hour (or however often turns are awarded), kingdoms with this AI enabled attack the kingdom immediately above them. This kingdom just blasts away at the kingdom - CS(1) repeatedly until success. Repeating the current assault strategy of the game. Before it was CS(1) -> CS(100) -> GR -> FA, I think. It repeats this process until within enough turns to refortify and then does so.
Defender_AI
These kingdoms also start off with a random amount of turns. However, instead of going on the offensive as soon as they achieve full turns, they don't do so until attacked. Anything with the exception of a caught scout is considered an act of war to these kingdoms and they retaliate mercilessly. Can't have the kingdom attack immediately though, so have it initiate the attack at a randomly determined time after the transgression from the offending kingdom. Attack commands will be similar to the Aggressor_AI.
I had a few other AI ideas, but think these are sufficient to get the gist. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the backend so can only give generalizations about the AI. I know you said you had no plans of writing additional AI, but maybe something in there will spark an interest and change your mind.
- Kaz
- Administrator
- Posts: 2614
- Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
- Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
- Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
- Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
- Contact:
Re: NPC Kingdoms
This isn't a suggestions thread man, feel free to post an idea into the game suggestions forum. But as I said, I have no plans personally of writing anymore AI into the system.
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest