Bird day specialty recipies

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Mickal Redwater
Explorer
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Middle of the Desert
Contact:

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Mickal Redwater » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:17 am

Sadly i caught the flu.. possibly of the swine variety, and now i can't cook for thanksgiving :( One of my favorite things to do.. and im out in CA visiting family, but just spending all day in bed. Yuck.

One of my favorite things i make for thanksgiving is the stuffing. I make stuffing with diced granny smith apples, some sugar, and some cinnamon, gives it a sweet but tangy taste :) Plus if you fry the bread in butter its mmmm.


Otherwise i'll have to think of some drink recipes to make :) Last christmas i made caipirihnas, but this year i got some cool sodium alginate stuff to use to make like liquid gel balls... its hard to explain but is the coolest cooking thing to do if youre a scientist :)
Lancelot: Would it not be a comfort, just for a time, to believe that we create our own Heavens, and our own Hells?
FEL forever

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Gerien » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:38 am

Examples of Ruben's boriqua recipes. Old school Puerto Rican side dishes we have EVERY time we're back there.

http://www.stanford.edu/~jkay/recipes/recipes2.html
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Gerien » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:39 am

I'd give you my apple/pear pie recipe but I'd have to kill you.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by MoP » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:06 am

Gerien wrote:I'd give you my apple/pear pie recipe but I'd have to kill you.
Give it to Fergie, please!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Nagash » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:28 am

Who the fuck is Fergie?



Some good Jamie Oliver recipes (I'd give you some of my own, but I usually don't cook by recipe, but just make stuff up as I go):

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef ... emon-bay-a
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/past ... nd-shrimps
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/past ... le-with-pa
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef ... roganoff-1


There's a lot of good stuff on that site, especially under 'Italian'. Then a few of the inevitable turkey dishes:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turk ... mas-turkey
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/turk ... erry-bacon

Enjoy :)
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by MoP » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Nagash wrote:Who the fuck is Fergie?
This is Fergie.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Nagash
Master
Posts: 2394
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:53 am

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Nagash » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Ah, yes. Didn't know her name was Fergie. She must die for the sake of all people who have eardrums, as she is responsible for the most annoyingly uninspired "music" which has recently been made. And her black rapper buddy too. That fucker sounds like a broken record.


Gerien, bring out the apple/pear pie recipe and give it to the bastards! I'll be waiting with a battleaxe and some random firearms. :P
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by MoP » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I'll bring a flamethrower!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
bigSparky
Explorer
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: lost between Elvis and suicide

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by bigSparky » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Hmmmm, I like to look at Fergie, but she is easily replaceable with Dany Verissimo
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by MoP » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm sorry, she's French, she'll be wiped out soon.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
bigSparky
Explorer
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: lost between Elvis and suicide

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by bigSparky » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:29 pm

That's Ok, she only does mainstream work now anyway.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Gerien » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Nagash wrote:Gerien, bring out the apple/pear pie recipe and give it to the bastards! I'll be waiting with a battleaxe and some random firearms. :P
I'll only tell you that I spice my home made crust.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
owly
Sage
Posts: 3084
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 am
Location: stoned
Contact:

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by owly » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Gerien wrote:I'll only tell you that I spice my home made crust.
Spice it with what? If it's what i'm thinking of the that so very wrong and i'll never eat over you place :lol: :P :o :shock:
i know what you said about my Momma

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Gerien » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:44 pm

So Ruben is trying to decide whether to use dried prunes or dried figs with the bacon in his stuffing. He chose figs saying "Saying if has figs sounds better." Without thinking I replied, "Yeah, people don't react well to prunes."
:|
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Gerien
Teacher
Posts: 908
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: depends who hires me

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Gerien » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:47 pm

23 pound brined turkey with bay, sage, and paprika
roasted garlic mashed potatoes and fresh chives
green beans with ginger and white onions
home made cranberry sauce with fresh orange and pineapple
corn bread stuffing with celery, red peppers, corn, onions, and bacon
sweet potatoes baked with a bourbon, coconut, brown sugar, marshmallow topping
scratch apple pie with pears and spiced crust
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

User avatar
Raknarak
Lost Soul
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:37 am
Location: The Boring Unknown

Re: Bird day specialty recipies

Post by Raknarak » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:10 am

Mic... You are a hero in my house, today. Your stuffing idea sounded good, so we made it. Even the three picky kids ate it(We had some friends over). We now love you. *LOL*
Do yOu Wonder who
Knows Any New or
unheard Tales By Homer?

Post Reply

Return to “Comments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest