I didn't screw this one up yet ... but I am working on it!

~ General comments and discussion.

Moderator: Staff

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

I didn't screw this one up yet ... but I am working on it!

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 am

Yeah. Work with this chick. She is awesome as shit. She and I get along just fine. She had some recent boyfriend issues, but I kept my distance cause I have developed a feeling for her ... I think they call it "Like."

Either way, its a work environment, I see her 4 days in a row each week, so needless to say, for the past year I have kind of not cared about her much. She is cool and stuff, but I thought it was a messy situation to get into. Recently that changed.

She and I have hit it off talking and the like. People at work (in department) keep saying how cute of a couple we are. She hated her BF for some messed up weird stuff. (like telling her that if she didn't become a nurse, he wouldn't marry her and allow her to have his kids) So, couple days ago she dumped him.

Here is where it gets messy.

I walked into a shit storm Thursday. She was off, I came in at my appointed time. My manager and I were talking about how she had it rough the day before, mainly because she had fraud in excess of 3 grand on her debit card AND dumped her live-in BF of 3 years all in one night. She left early from work that day. Sucked to be her.

Anyways, my manager says, "Hey yeah, she really got the shaft there. She is a good girl though, really tough. I bet she will be fine."

I agree.

Manager says, "I think she deserves someone who will treat her well."

I agree.

Manager looks at me and says, "I was just checking for any facial expressions when I said someone other than you. I knew you liked her! Oh my god I am going to play matchmaker."

I get red in the face (see I am human) as every woman in department, from hot to crazy gets jumpy and starts saying that she dumped her BF and I should rush over to her desk on Sunday, sweep her out of the cubicle and propose to her on the spot.

I get pissed. Rightfully so.

This chick is a friend of mine. I don't want to loose that. Honestly. Sure I fear the rejection especially since I work with her and can't really hide away from this one that easily. She is in the middle of a messy life. She won't need long to fix it, hopefully, cause my manager is already itching to get involved.

It is funny, most of my department want her and I to happen. Actually all except our token gay guy. He wants us to stay a family environment, not a "make-a-family" environment. I don't entirely disagree with him. But I know she is cool. She is different from other women I have pursued and/or dated.

She is the one good one I have met in probably 10 years.

Losing this one cause of outside intervention is outside of my control but kind of ... well ... it fucking sucks.

I hate high school style moves.

I give it 5 days from now and either this will be the best thing that ever happened (21% chance) or, more likely, (79% chance) because she and I got close as she decided to drop her current BF, I miscalculated she just needed someone to talk to about her break up and then thought it was her being interested.

Seriously, I have had so many bad relationships, quasi-relationships, attempted relationships experiences, and women I failed on, that I really don't want another mess up in my work life.

We will see.

Time will tell. But the truth is ... like many of you are probably say, this sounds like dismal failure.

My friends say let it play out. See what she does when 15 giggling womenfolk go to her and laud me as the second coming of Jesus Christ. I don't think that will work. I think she will say ... most predictably: "Reylan is just a friend. He is not my type."

I am her type though. I just hide it. I try to be so cool about how much I drink and shit. Sure its fun, but it isn't me. She thinks I am some sort of player. I try to explain that though there are many women involved and so much drama, I never sleep with these women. I fail long before that.

We will see, like I said.

I am already writing her off for now. We talk from time to time, but that is just banter over text and work. I might just lie low for a bit.

Did I mention she is smoking hot and a conservative? Yeah.

Anyways.

Just thought I would let you all know, depression is sorta in check with meds and things are ... well, they are very similar to how they were before. Just I am down one bartender and up one best friend. The bartender is a gold digger. The best friend just got a great girlfriend. She is sweet as hell and a great fit.

He thinks she might be the one.

Hehe.

My younger brother got a great girl too. My family thinks he might be getting married soon.

My buddy at work is about to ask his girlfriend to marry him. She will accept cause they are perfect together.

Leaving me.

All I want is to fit with someone. I have five candidates. I call them the Final 5.

Most of them are dating someone. Some of them have been missing for years now.

One of them is off the list. Ex-Girlfriend from 10 yrs ago. We hang and talk, but we are better friends. I'd do her ... but that is really it. I'd do her a lot. Every way I can. But not date/relationship. She is not my type.

The second is with a controlling asshole boyfriend. I went to ask her out at Noodles & Company one day. I had worked up the courage quickly, with little thought. The girl at work reminds me of her a little. Rough and tumble but graceful in tough situations. She sat down from lunch, I was about to ask her to go to dinner that Friday and she cut me off, apologizing and said, "I have this guy Kyle you have to meet. I haven't told you about him because he is a real nice guy and I don't want you all scaring him off before it can work out."

My heart did not break, just kind of reeled back and was like, "Really? Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

I recovered fast and said nothing of it to her. She knows though. We don't talk anymore ... he won't let her associate with me for no fucking reason.

Yeah.

Enough of this shit.

You get the drift.

Fucking sucks.

But hey, I have a wonderful kid sister, I am smoke free, I have a job, I have great friends, great family, my buddy with leukemia is fighting and winning that battle, and I am slowly but surely winning the war against my depression.

I am just lonely.

Oh yeah ... and I need to get laid something fierce.

LOL

So yeah, the same but different.

Peace!
I think I would make a great pope.
Gatekeepers

bigSparky
Explorer

Re: I didn't screw this one up yet ... but I am working on it!

Post by bigSparky » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 am

It's Too Damn Soon It's Too Damn Soon It's Too Damn Soon

Rey, you know this. You're NOT stupid. A few days after breaking off a three year relationship, there is no way she is near ready to jump into another. I'm not saying she never will be, I don't know either of you. I do know that if she was dumping him and considering you, you would most likely know it already and would have zero concern about rejection. You may quickly become fuck buddies, you know, any safe harbor, but that rarely turns into anything real. Hopefully the busy bodies won't get too amped up and let this flow naturally.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned. ~Buddha

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Give her a little time, but not to much time before she finds someone else.....
i know what you said about my Momma

Teanos
Within the Shadows

Post by Teanos » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:21 pm

The best medication for depression...

is a gun.

To the head.

Figure it this way, your continued misery causes all those around you misery as well. Once you end it, they will be sad for a little bit, but life will go on and they will get over it.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Teanos wrote:The best medication for depression...

is a gun.

To the head.
i disagree, Marijuana is the best cure for depression......

Gerien
Teacher

Post by Gerien » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:57 pm

At least I never have to worry about Rey breeding.
And I never even got my own damn posting title!

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:46 pm

You never know, there could be a couple of little Rey running around already

Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Post by Atla » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:47 pm

Put it in her mouth.
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

TEVA
Explorer

Post by TEVA » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:48 am

giveher a couple weeks before you hit on her. I feel you will have goodluck with this one.
"Life is too short to be fighting"

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:02 am

Don't introduce her to any of your friends.....

Venus
Soul of Barnabas

Post by Venus » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:03 am

lmfao
owly has a good point:P
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:02 am

Yeah, no problem with the friend thing. This is all me.

I am not in any rush. If people fuck around with it, I will just be diplomatic ... there is no shame in telling some chick you think they are hot and you like them.

If it is a problem, it will be hers and I will find another. No big deal.

Sometimes its all about timing. Maybe it is just off in this case.
Gatekeepers

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:00 pm

How about pictures, then i can get a mental image......

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:14 pm

How about no you crazy bastard!
Gatekeepers

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Reylan Talonspyre wrote:How about no you crazy Stoner!
fixed

losmar
Necromancer

Post by losmar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Awesome to hear all that, sounds like you've got things where they need to be.

I wonder when some woman will start posting her stories on here... it can't be just these two guys who get on anonymous message boards and talk drama like this... or life rather. Is life drama or drama life?

Librarian, Rey's probably a donor so that's up to debate.

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:55 pm

Rey seems to have everything under control this time. i hope it all works out for him in the end(being he gets laid this time)........

Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Post by Atla » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:20 pm

We demand pictures.

I always give you perverts peeking priveledges into my life. It's time ya'll coughed up also!
~Atla the Impeccable!
You know, it's a human race. And you lost.

Reylan Talonspyre
Teacher

Post by Reylan Talonspyre » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:12 am

I will once it is finalized.

I think I might be in on this one. We will see. Giving her some space.

LOL The stories from her ex-BF are ... wow. He is a douche.

I quote, "I don't like you living in that city, alone, just two women. You are not a hood rat anymore you know."

Just an FYI, I work at a corporate site. This chick is well dressed, her manners are comparable to mine, and she is a reader, big time. She doesn't over indulge in anything. Hood rat is not what I would see her as.

This guy is a douche. His loss, either way the cookie crumbles for me.
Gatekeepers

owly
Sage

Post by owly » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 pm

So what happened?

Return to “Comments”