Debates and Rants forum.
Moderator: Staff
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Debates and Rants forum.
I think the suggestion of creating a forum that caters more towards the debating/political/religious threads and debates was worth enough time to go ahead and make a forum for it. Over the next day or so the moderators and Kaz/Gili/I will move the threads that exist here in Comments that fit that criteria over to that forum.
The idea is to try and keep Comments a little more on the lighter/friendly side of things, while allowing those who like a good arguement a place to do so where you are not bound by 'silly' rules, per se.
Please keep in mind its not a flame all/anything goes forum, there will be rules and we would hope that everyone can debate/post in a manner that is both reflective of being a curtious adult. Trolling and posting offensive material will be heavily moderated. Ditto for random non-related spam.
If you have any ideas for a forum name, or anything please comment here.
I'm still up in the air on if it should be a full blown forum, or possibly a sub-forum of Comments. If we go the subforum route, then technically the technical corner and creative ideas forum should also be subforums. Just something to think about.
Either way, let me know what you think.
The idea is to try and keep Comments a little more on the lighter/friendly side of things, while allowing those who like a good arguement a place to do so where you are not bound by 'silly' rules, per se.
Please keep in mind its not a flame all/anything goes forum, there will be rules and we would hope that everyone can debate/post in a manner that is both reflective of being a curtious adult. Trolling and posting offensive material will be heavily moderated. Ditto for random non-related spam.
If you have any ideas for a forum name, or anything please comment here.
I'm still up in the air on if it should be a full blown forum, or possibly a sub-forum of Comments. If we go the subforum route, then technically the technical corner and creative ideas forum should also be subforums. Just something to think about.
Either way, let me know what you think.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
locker room
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
No suggestion for a name, just don't really see the purpose.
At its biggest our community might have been close to having a good reason to separate it out... but at the current side I see just a few active threads in there with some getting gravedug often, and less activity in here as well because there's a few people like me looking for engaging discussion that will dabble in the more lighthearted threads when we see them, but wouldn't go looking for them.
Anyway, feel free to give it a try after I'll I just play here I don't claim to own the place...but thats my thoughts on it.
Especially since can anyone honestly claim that its all that hard to quickly click away from threads you don't want to play in of whatever sort?
At its biggest our community might have been close to having a good reason to separate it out... but at the current side I see just a few active threads in there with some getting gravedug often, and less activity in here as well because there's a few people like me looking for engaging discussion that will dabble in the more lighthearted threads when we see them, but wouldn't go looking for them.
Anyway, feel free to give it a try after I'll I just play here I don't claim to own the place...but thats my thoughts on it.
Especially since can anyone honestly claim that its all that hard to quickly click away from threads you don't want to play in of whatever sort?
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
We are trying to change the game and boards for the better. From previous feedback it is clear a problem past players had was how people were treated on the message boards. Instead of just blindly believing that past players were the problem, we are trying to be proactive and create a game and message board that will be welcoming to all. These boards and game were not just created to be a continuation of the past, they were created to give us a future.
Certain topics have a tendency to inflame people. When new players arrive I would rather those topics not be the majority of the posts on this board. I personally would rather they see posts about everyday topics that they feel welcome to post in. Where they are not intimidated to post or afraid that if they post that they are going to get attacked for having a different opinion than a more vocal member.
I believe that is the purpose.
Certain topics have a tendency to inflame people. When new players arrive I would rather those topics not be the majority of the posts on this board. I personally would rather they see posts about everyday topics that they feel welcome to post in. Where they are not intimidated to post or afraid that if they post that they are going to get attacked for having a different opinion than a more vocal member.
I believe that is the purpose.
My doom has come upon me; let me not then die ingloriously and without a struggle, but let me first do some great thing that shall be told among men hereafter.
- Teanos
- Within the Shadows
- Posts: 406
- Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
- Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
- Contact:
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
Hector pretty much nailed it on the head. The suggestion wasn't made to punish or challenge the regular posters. Honestly I thought about splitting it out long before we even announced the site, it was just one of those things we didn't get around to discussing until recently. When we saw a couple suggestions for it, it seemed like the ideal time to do it.
I guess I've said it enough times, but there will be a few things that change
I guess I've said it enough times, but there will be a few things that change
Even a ghost needs to breathe.
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
Debate Corner
The Conference Room
Debaters Haven
I think that having a place that people can debate things in a civilized manner will be a good thing. I believe as long as every one puts a little thought into their post before they click submit this can work out very good.
The Conference Room
Debaters Haven
I have to agree with that. I think I may have only made like 5 post my first year. Part of that from being a bit shy at times and the other part I think was because of some of the ways people were put down for having a different view from others.Hector wrote:Certain topics have a tendency to inflame people. When new players arrive I would rather those topics not be the majority of the posts on this board. I personally would rather they see posts about everyday topics that they feel welcome to post in. Where they are not intimidated to post or afraid that if they post that they are going to get attacked for having a different opinion than a more vocal member.
I believe that is the purpose.
I think that having a place that people can debate things in a civilized manner will be a good thing. I believe as long as every one puts a little thought into their post before they click submit this can work out very good.
Relentless as the sea, remorseless as death!
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Ruby Knights-GM/founder Phoenix, WTFPWND, WeeC, Fervent, L33t, and a couple I sadly can't remember...
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
I think this is a great idea. Maybe if people were given a specific place to debate, non-debate threads could frolic more freely.
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
*Fixed...Nato wrote:I think this is a great idea. Maybe if people were given a specific place to frolic more freely.
Bo & Sart RiP
Heaven will get along fine without me, Hell's afraid I'll take over.
Heaven will get along fine without me, Hell's afraid I'll take over.
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
The Political Arena 
If word gets out that I'm missing, 500 girls will kill themselves and I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
i think you guys should re-name the place to 'Owly place', just my thoughts.....
i know what you said about my Momma
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
The Girk Zone

“We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence",
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
"But we rather have those because we have acted rightly” Aristotle 384 B.C.-322 B.C
~ Fidei Defensor Vexillarius ~ Amo ut Invenirem ~
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
pffft if you gonna name you call it Isi's Corner :laughs:
"Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elghinn dal lil alust"
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
Ooo!
Butt-heads and Belly-achers
Butt-heads and Belly-achers
Empress of The Hegemony
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash
I haz a mind, just ask Nagash
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
Seether's Palace
the sky is boiling,
and there is something wrong with Jane
and there is something wrong with Jane
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
I have a different question, but I could not find a place to ask in.
In that Introduction thread when someone posts they are back, are we allowed to post "Gag a fucking maggot"?
In that Introduction thread when someone posts they are back, are we allowed to post "Gag a fucking maggot"?
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
- Nether
- Elessar
- Posts: 609
- Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 am
- Location: Bottom of the barrel baby
- Contact:
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
Lady Maven wrote:I have a different question, but I could not find a place to ask in.
In that Introduction thread when someone posts they are back, are we allowed to post "Gag a fucking maggot"?
Love you too.
Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f**k how crazy they are.
- Lady Maven
- Teacher
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am
- Contact:
Re: Debates and Rants forum.
I have other forums to abuse you in <weg>
"By the nine arms of Vishnu, I swear I am not a Hindu!” - Apu
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
How did someone realize you could milk a cow? And what the hell did they think they were doing to the cow in the first place?!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest