Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

In memory fallen warriors: Bo Ri Kat, Sartorious, Lady Urydie, Loupy, DarkWolf, Torkano/Voice Dax, Rathowen/Donovan, Lady Fury, Tekmet, Misty Moonlight

Moderator: Staff

User avatar
Wretch
Lost Soul
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm
Location: The Redneck Riviera

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Wretch » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Wow. Words fail.
The Golden Horde - All war all the time™
You know how this thing ends, right? They all die.

User avatar
Stryfe
Lost Soul
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 am

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Stryfe » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm

Aw man. :(

Demmy linked me. Tork was one of my favourite people to post with in guild war threads, and in Castaway/Outcast. :(

Rest in peace. :( <3

User avatar
Dwarven Giant
Newbling
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:26 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Dwarven Giant » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 am

Crap! Double Crap.

:shock:
Guild's Best Scummer in any Faith

User avatar
Gem
Lost Soul
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am
Location: Some place, somewhere

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Gem » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 am

this just bums me out, tork always cracked me up ;o(
Ahoy! And other nautical expressions!

Korayn
Newbling
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 am

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Korayn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 am

:(

User avatar
Kaz
Administrator
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:27 am
Location: The Vinyards of Fernabergia
Tempers Ball Posts: 3873
Tempers Ball/Braggarts Hall Alt: Kaz
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Kaz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 am

Torks wife has asked for her email address to be passed onto Virch.

I'm just checking that she is ok with my posting her email on here, but I know that I have no up to date contact info for him.

If you can reach Virch, let me know.

[edit] I sent an email to the email address we have for him in the old user database
Programming is 10% science, 25% ingenuity and 65% getting the ingenuity to work with the science
Wars of Tonan (Monarchy Inspired Miniatures)
Armatures for Sculpting Miniatures

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Venus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 am

i tried to find him
cant get him on any messenger
zann probalby should be told to, and grunt
but i cant find either of them .
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

Immigrant
Explorer
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Immigrant » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:44 am

I'll be up'ing my cheer-spreading for him; maybe one day get as good as he was
I share the sentiment, but those are some mighty big shoes to fill. From what I knew of him in our online world, he must've been one hell of a man out there in the real world and he will be sorely missed in both.

Will light a candle for our friend.

User avatar
Gem
Lost Soul
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am
Location: Some place, somewhere

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Gem » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 am

Wasn't Lady Aria pretty good friends with Virch? I know here email address is on TB in the email address thread. Perhaps she'd know how to get ahold of him if that email address isn't any good Kaz.
Ahoy! And other nautical expressions!

User avatar
Xeranos
Newbling
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:19 am

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Xeranos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:08 am

Don't know what to say that makes any sense. I never forget anyone that kicked my buggy in this game. Rest in peace and I thank you for the few conversations we did have. Your passion will not be forgotten.
DoW | WoR

All that glitters may not be gold,
But I shall be gold forever...

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by asoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 am

:-(
Having similar feelings to when Sart passed away.
I shed some tears.

I can't count the hours Tork and I spent online together dorking around.

I never knew about his condition, but we never got into discussions about real life. I rarely have gotten into real life discussions with anyone online...

I will post more later...

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by asoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 am

I was having trouble typing more...
But I can type some more now.

I am going to be posting what I can find relating to Tork on my computer etc.

No clue who wrote this, it wasn't me, but I had it saved on my computer. The TGL/TLS/TNE family had really spread all around the game. Tork touched many peoples lives. If he was here, I would have said he touched many people... many peoples no no places.
Conspiracy? Or the Truth?
Tonan is in danger of becoming ruled by a secret society.

Back in the beginning there was TGL, Tribe of the Green Leaf.
They followed a mortal, who became goddess, named Oleana.

The world as we knew it then was destroyed only to be reborn as
something new, something mysterious.

Factions broke and they were called by another name,
The Lithanian Shadows, TLS. They followed a god by the name of
Foret. This is where I took my leave. I followed the path of
Isonia. But those mortals only played for Power. These people
bided their time under the banners of Foret, but soon they split.

The Natural Evolution was formed under the banner of Barnabas
while some remained under the banner of Foret.

Throughout this time many faces have traveled in and out of this
circle. Many learned and practiced their trade in this morphing,
evolving entity. It started out as a guild of humble beginnings,
Of farmers and peasants growing in power through the sale of the
Green Leaf. But their power grew even more, new members were
initiated into the group through secret, humiliating rituals.

There has always been a core that remained, while others spread
their wings, and brought their influence into new lands and
occasionaly returning to renew their bonds to the group.

I warn you, they have influence among all of us.
How do I know this? I am one of them. I know their secrets and
I know what they are capable of.

Virch, Bat, Sartorious(may his spirit live on in all of us),
Adara, Aegis, asoc, Avanthor, Besame, Blasphemy, Denoth, Dolphin,
Dr. Stones, Elathan/Fergus, Exile, FDragon, Fo, Gaz, Gem, Gokou7, Hudeo,
GooGoo, Joegolf, Leif, Lilandra, Lim, Maintos, Odominus, Oedipus, Red_Planet,
Riecth, Sylvas, Tal Beren, Thorin, Thunder, Tiamat, Torkano, TuT, Windbag,

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by asoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:44 am

A collaboration between Tork and I... from around June 2004
Dux (5:38 PM) :
Hey, You back yet?
Elathan/Fergus (5:39 PM) :
its me dipsjit
Elathan/Fergus (5:39 PM) :
er shit
Dux (5:40 PM) :
Wtf... someguy was on your ICQ asking me questions... Was just curiuos if was you...
WOW!!! dont get all bent out of shape...
Elathan/Fergus (5:40 PM) :
no
Dux (5:41 PM) :
I am the sexayness to end all sexy...
You want to go wander off and get lost in a closet somewhere?
Elathan/Fergus (5:42 PM) :
?????? dude you need pills
Dux (5:42 PM) :
Comeon ELATHAN!!!
I heard you dont got that name for nothing...
Elathan/Fergus (5:43 PM) :
I do, but I wish we could just be us and noone to hate us for who we are
Elathan/Fergus (5:43 PM) :
I can only come have butsex with you when I'm on leave
Elathan/Fergus (5:44 PM) :
I hope you can come visit me too
Dux (5:44 PM) :
Dude, no one will hate us for being us...
Do you see anyone hateing on me for being Sexay? People may hit on me, but they dont hate me...
Elathan/Fergus (5:44 PM) :
heh, you are sexay. I just love you ass man. its so soft and ROUND!!! OMG
Dux (5:45 PM) :
kinda like a womens...
I work hard to keep it feminininin
Elathan/Fergus (5:46 PM) :
i am thankful for that mate.
Dux (5:46 PM) :
You get those picture I sent you? From Dragfest 2004?
Elathan/Fergus (5:47 PM) :
yeah bro, they got me so turned on I just wish you were here for me to take off that boa you were wearing and replace it with my on snake ;o)
Dux (5:48 PM) :
Chicka chicka bow wooooowwwww
Elathan/Fergus (5:48 PM) :
i may just get into one of those drag queen shows
Elathan/Fergus (5:48 PM) :
ooolala
Dux (5:48 PM) :
Make sure you use a fake name...
Or else your more than likely to get an avalanche of fan/hate/love letters...
Elathan/Fergus (5:49 PM) :
yeah, the navy may frown on it too
Dux (5:49 PM) :
had that problem the first show I entered in...
My sexayness is surpased by none...
Elathan/Fergus (5:49 PM) :
i am sending you pics of me in my uniform and then some of me taking it off :o)
Dux (5:50 PM) :
::drools::
we should get a thread up, I bet all of Canon would join in with their picamatures as well...
just remember no pron...
Elathan/Fergus (5:50 PM) :
sorry, some of me mates are behing me and I don't want them to see me typing this
Dux (5:51 PM) :
just type up so they dont see it..
.
.
.
.
.
Dux (5:51 PM) :
like that.
Elathan/Fergus (5:51 PM) :
yeah but they can't see my nudie pics
Elathan/Fergus (5:51 PM) :
ok cool mate, good idea
Dux (5:51 PM) :
true, do that some other time:-p~
you always find ways...
Dux (5:52 PM) :
Your like super magical...
I remember that one time you turned back time like superman to stop that puppy from getting hit by a car.
Dux (5:53 PM) :
Not to mention I bet that X-ray mision comes in handy for giving everyone testicular cancer... Evil can be good though too...
Elathan/Fergus (5:53 PM) :
yeah, but you topped me by stopping that 84 yr old stripper who went around giving young men heart attacks from show them her boobies
Dux (5:53 PM) :
vision... eep. mis spell
Dux (5:53 PM) :
Ever seen that movie Mall rats?
Elathan/Fergus (5:53 PM) :
nah, they don't have it over here yet
Elathan/Fergus (5:54 PM) :
i know, its been a long while since its been out
Dux (5:54 PM) :
ah, Their is a fortune teller with 3 boobies...
Elathan/Fergus (5:54 PM) :
boobies suck
Dux (5:54 PM) :
boobies are nice...
I dont discriminate...
Elathan/Fergus (5:55 PM) :
you want me to take that hormone pill and get some?
Dux (5:55 PM) :
nah, some variety is good for the sexy soul...
Elathan/Fergus (5:55 PM) :
good, i wouldn't want a womanly type voice
Elathan/Fergus (5:55 PM) :
shit, I gotta go mate. i love you
Dux (5:56 PM) :
The sexay one is loved by all...

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by asoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:56 am

Here is a build Tork was using back in November of 2003
You have received a message!
GH-11.1%
hovels-12.5%
barracks-35%
quarreys-25%
temps-9.5%
forts-6.9%
Another dorky collaboration between Tork and I... From around January 2004
TNE CODE
Unfinished rough draft, still much needs to be
added.

The characters...
Virch=Birch
Torkano=Torkums
asoc=asco
Fergus=Fungi
Pepito=little sister

cat=woman
dog=man
easy women=Jill
boyfriend=no such thing

Kill=tap
oral loving=oral loving
whim=bed
lack=need
tap=fuck
Division=a street
south side=Australia
fuck=kill
pun=joke
fruitcake=gay prostitute
VD=bad bad stuff
protection=kleenex
behind=nude
I am sofa king we tod did=I am so fucking retarded
I am sofa king yay=I am so fucking gay
gay=hot
Diebanker power=The ability to spam in ICQ, sending
one brief message at a time when
combined transforms into one small
message.
not that there is anything wrong with that=I love clobber
Lemon=Stupid American
Sick=Horny
Oh, did you know that Tork was a rabbit?
This from around June 2004.
Torkano (3:17 PM) :
guess what?
asoc (3:17 PM) :
what?
Torkano (3:17 PM) :
my girl is cooking steaks on the grill tonight
asoc (3:18 PM) :
damn it
I want some
Torkano (3:18 PM) :
i can't wait to eat them
asoc (3:18 PM) :
hey, you ever smelt updoc before?
Torkano (3:18 PM) :
she marinated them ...yummy
Torkano (3:18 PM) :
LOL WHAT?
asoc (3:18 PM) :
have you ever smelt updoc before?
Torkano (3:18 PM) :
what is updoc
asoc (3:18 PM) :
what, you a rabbit or something?
Torkano (3:18 PM) :
lmao, bitch

User avatar
asoc
Explorer
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 am
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by asoc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 am

Tork and I were the majority of the alts for the ENT parody posts.
He also collaborated with me on the Underpants Gnomes alts...

We had a lot of fun dorking around.

I will miss him. I will always have a dorky sense of humor, and part of that comes from hanging out with the people that have played this game over the many years. Torkano was probably my chief partner in crime over the years.

RIP

User avatar
Tara
Indecisive Wenchie
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:11 am
Location: ..the slippery slope..~>
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Tara » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:53 am

ive spent hours and years in war chats with him after we were done and i never once heard anything about him being sick

That was Venus, an' I pretty much thought the same thing.
She may have been usually fighting alongside him, but I was usually against him, in war parties that is. An' what an opponent he was! Not only in the game, but in roleplay as well. Remember he started whole stories around our wars, his stories were some'a the best I rp'd with.
If someone has called Adara, someone should call Lori too. I'll try the last number I have for her & Nim, but not sure if it still works. ....Zann, Grunt, Virch, Elfie...I had/have phone numbers for all. will hunt 'em out & call.

Thank yas Tork! Thanks for all the stories an' everything! We'll see ya soon! MMMMMMWAAAAAAAHHH!!!
"...you like havin insides? Image 'cuz those are gonna be outsides!"
TRR!
cha-cha-cha!

User avatar
MoP
Savant
Posts: 1316
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by MoP » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:34 am

wow, fuck ... :(
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the Universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

User avatar
Teanos
Within the Shadows
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 am
Location: The Chaotic Interludes of the Interwebs.
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Teanos » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 am

If someone can get ahold of Elfie, I'm sure she has a way to get in touch with Stones and/or Virch. She's pretty good at keeping in touch with people.
Even a ghost needs to breathe.

User avatar
Captain Ron
Lost Soul
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Captain Ron » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Wow, this is sad. I didn't know him personally, but I can tell you I've laughed many, many times at his posts.

RIP.
That don't sound like he's speakin' American! Get 'im!

User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Torkano (Voice Dax) R.I.P

Post by Venus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm

i wasnt always on the same side as tork

i remember a few years ago, in the last THIRTY MINUTES before reset

we got peace with everyone, and were sitting pretty to win the game

here i thought i had manipulated everyone sufficiently and damned if tork didnt hit me 30 minutes before reset and end up with tne winning the age

lmao i remember i was SOOO pissed off at him for that.

then after the age ended i realized he was pretty damn smart to do it, i had the rest of them snowed and thinking we were gonna let them win:pp
damned if he didn't realize what i was doing and screw me over lol
Wow do i need a new signature or what. suggestions??
Fervent forever! CoM currently:>

Post Reply

Return to “In Memoriam”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests